Community > Posts By > Redrider1500

no photo
Sat 03/05/22 07:21 AM

Russia is on the verge of a armed conflict and insurgency into the Ukraine. Putin called for ( and had a discussion) with Biden on this subject 2 weeks ago. And Biden threatened severe sanctions should Russia attack, clearly that did not bother Putin. Actually many in the U.S. feel Biden o.k'd the attack to some degree by stating that " small insurgencies will bring smaller sactions"
But we are not close to this situation as is the European countries so my question is really geared towards them.
What is your position on this threat?. Europe gets alot of their oil from Russia ( Germany over 40%) , does that not handcuff alot of what can be done

Lives matters more than Sanctions, insurgency... whatever
Sanctions takes time to go into effect. Right now, Russian oil isn't being too welcomed here. The russian stock market has been shut down since this started. Russian ruble has fallen in value. Like it was worth much to begin with? 1.3 cents per US dollar on Monday, now it's worth one cent. It did fall off about 40%, that's something.
Putin has already been charged with war crimes by Ukraine, for attacking civilians. Two major no-no's has happened already, carpet bombing, and planting land mines around that major nuclear power plant.

In order to try Putin, after this is all done, you have to catch him. I'll guess, he will never be able to set one foot outside his country ever again. Lindsey Graham has said putin should be assassinated, but the USA won't allow that. It doesn't mean it has been talked about behind closed doors in government. Graham has been getting blowback for his remarks.
We'll just have to weather this mess out for now.

no photo
Thu 03/03/22 04:16 PM

I cannot relate as to why people where you live have a need to own a gun, it seems that everyone owns guns, because of fear that someone else owns guns.

Don't get me wrong, my grandfather was in the military special forces, as was my father too, but those were times of war and combat, so they had knowledge and experiences from those times, but neither had a continued desire or need for guns later in life, it is just not that type of culture in Canada.

So, if someone comes in my house, threatens to kill me, and I don't have a gun to defend myself, I should die?
No way, no how will I do that.

Now you're probably thinking how could that ever happen, it's just a chance happening. I beg to differ.

I did some work for an older gentleman, when I was working part time for a local safe and lock company. We got called out to service his safe. What this guy did, was write on the wall above and behind his safe, the combination to his safe. It was behind a potted plant that sat on top of the safe. His reason for that was, had he gotten broken into and taken hostage, he could open his safe, and give whomever, the contents of his safe. He had been, in the past, and he was glad he's done it. Reason being, under a stressful situation, he'd forget his combination.

So, one night, A couple black kids broke into his house,and surprised him in bed. He had no chance to reach for his handgun that he kept in the nightstand beside his bed. They knew he had a safe, so they took him down to the room he had it in, and forced him to open it for the money. Well, a couple weeks before, his children had painted that room for him. They had inadvertently painted over the combination he's written on the wall! Of course he couldn't remember the combination, so they slashed his throat, and he bled to death in front of the safe. One of his children found him the following day, dead.

I suspect given a chance, he would have shot those kids dead. He struck me as someone who would have. In our state, you CAN do that. Several times in my area, that has happened, and the property owners did defend themselves, and got off.

One gas station owner right down the road from me had towed a customers car for him. This was on a Sunday morning when the station was closed. They were outside the station talking, when one would be thief tried to rob both of them. While they were laying on the ground, co-operating with the thief, the thief shot the customer dead! The thief took off running. The owner took control of the situation. He chased the murder down in his tow truck, and ran the S.O.B over with his truck! So what did the owner get for that? A commendation from the County Police. He had that hanging on his wall in the station until he retired, which was just last year.

Yeah, you can say we should outlaw guns. But if you do that, and take away guns, only criminals will have guns. Not everyone is a law abiding citizen.

no photo
Tue 03/01/22 06:17 PM

I am thinking about Poland and how much they are helping Ukraines.

They have been nothing short of OUTSTANDING during this mess.

This country deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for what they're doing.

no photo
Fri 02/25/22 02:20 PM

I want Joe Biden to run again. That way a republican is guaranteed to win! But this is about the mid-terms and it doesn't look good for the dems.
We can only hope. If he does, we'll see a turnout that can make the last election look like they were just fooling around. I think they just dragged him into the race because of all the zeros they had to choose from.

no photo
Thu 02/24/22 04:45 PM

a lot of Dems are retiring or decided not to run again. Yesterday one from Texas changed parties to be a Republican. I think many of them just can't defend the actions of Bidens administration AND the actions of the splintered Dem party AND I think deep down they know they will lose if they ran again.
The entire Biiden cabinet is a JV team..not a star on it.. not one

Could you defend his idiotic moves? He can't be dismissed as just a senile old man, who is just talking to make noise. If he disappears to his home this weekend, we'll all know how much he cares about anything.

no photo
Mon 02/21/22 05:52 PM
Well, no, Oppenheimer was the director. They had people that worked under him. My uncle worked with them in NYC, then, University of Chicago. He was drafted into the Navy, then got discharged to work at Los Alamose.

Aside from that he worked there, is all I know. And that he made a healthy chunk of change working there.

Here's something to think about. He worked at Los Alamose. But he commuted every day from Santa Fe. One way, 140 miles. And he did that for 35 years. Oh, and he knew Robert Oppenheimer.

The rest, I get to guess at.

no photo
Sun 02/20/22 02:50 AM
I don't think so. So far, digital currency is too easy to hack into. Too many won't deal with anything but cash, including me.

One time, I sold an old boat for a hundred bucks. The dope that bought it talked too much. I happened to pick up just where he lived, but he didn't remember that he said it. Anyway, Like a fool, I let him write me a check for it, it bounced, and he had taken possession of the boat.

Me being the detective, I found that boat in his back yard. (it wasn't hard, I found it and him in about a half hour of driving around in alleys) Was HE shocked to find me at his FRONT DOOR! I gave him a couple hours to find me cash, and I got paid for it.

For thousands of years, people traded on the barter system. Many still do. Bitcoin is too flighty, so are others. Conversion to usable currency costs the person who has it. Those Coin Star vending machines that convert coins into cash, takes 15% of the value from you for just using the lousy thing.

I went to Walmart and spent $36 on a coin sorter. In three uses, it's paid for itself, and my credit union gives me coin wrappers. I'm worth $15 bucks an hour, which is about the amount of time it takes to count out $100.

If digital takes over, it has to be more secure than it is now. I have a Paypal account, but its got a $300 limit on it, That I put on it.Once I went over it. I made advance arrangements for that, and it was only one transaction. I won't do my income taxes online. I still write checks. (Old fashioned me) Eventually, it probably will, but not in my lifetime. (I Hope!)

no photo
Sun 02/20/22 02:03 AM

BS. trump tied to send 20000 national guard troops to the capitol Pelosi turned it down.I'm so tired of this

So am I. Along with Harris claiming to be in the White house that day, when she was really at the DNC offices. How can you feel threatened when you aren't there?

no photo
Sat 02/19/22 03:07 PM

oh poor baby, republicans just shoot up schools

that's pure crap...that's why politics and religion should not be allowed here.....this a dating sight....

But that would be saying that this site is not for Christians because Christians are to share their faith and bring light into the world wherever they go.
Also This is called a dating and chatting site, but in reality it's more of a scamming, chatting and complaining site
And the name of this thread is called-

Politics, Current News and Events.

Down a bit farther is-

General Religion and Chat.

Find the thread you like and go there. Don't like the title? Don't go in.

How hard is that?

no photo
Sat 02/19/22 03:40 AM
It would work, until it comes time to pay capital gains taxes on your cashed in crypto-currency. Yes, it's income, but with a bunch more paperwork. Then, crypto value can increase 100 fold. It can also circle the drain and be worth nothing too quickly.

Forget to add it to your income taxes come filing time, the IRS might forgive you if you forgot about it.BUT! They WON'T forget how to penalize you with the interest it accumulates.

no photo
Fri 02/18/22 04:47 PM

Defunding police is a horrible idea, and one that I would never support. What I would support would be more mental health experts available to police. The example you gave is perfect, this woman clearly has mental health issues. She is currently out on supervised release and has numerous court cases pending. She doesn’t care, she’s not going to stop. She needs some help. Instead foxnews turns this into a blue/red matter. That’s the problem I see.

Ok, just suppose all of the mental health experts can't reform some of these longterm mental cases? Pump drugs into them until they can only walk around in a drunken stupor?

I know personally of one kid that was adopted. His birth mother was a crackhead. This kid has been in and out of therapy, family counseling, He's been one big mess for them since day one. His adopted parents are going to turn this kid loose at age 18, and wash their hands of this kid.

Just what do we do with this potential menace to society? Let him cruise along until he kills someone? I'm not at all for abortion, but I have to admit that in this situation, it should have happened. And just how many more are out there like him?

Should we be cruel to him and lock him up until he's dead? Or wait until he murders someone, then lock him up? Would it be fair to the person he does murder?

This isn't a good situation.

no photo
Thu 02/17/22 03:20 PM
Edited by Redrider1500 on Thu 02/17/22 03:21 PM

My son did 10 years in the Marines at Camp Lejeune MCB. 3 years on the rifle range training Marines from our Allied countries. You would see these Marines in town everyday they stood out because of their different uniforms. They were always met with a smile or kind word or a suggestion on where to eat. They are welcomed here.
A few years ago I was contracted to build a factory in China, in order to do that I had to live there for 2 years... not pleasant. But I did get a prespective of looking in at America from the outside and gained a view of how we are perceived from other countries. And the best way to put it is that America is that big strong retarded kid on your street, you want him to fight for you but you don't want to hang out with him. If we are not needed and not liked and our usefulness is not longer appreciated then by all means we should " bugger off" ..and pull our troops.

You're still not understanding what I'm saying and now only acting the victim-role.
Most of the wars the US got itself into WE didn't ask you to fight at all!! You did that all by yourself, only to protect your own US interests safe.
We may have asked you to help out during WW2, you REFUSED. You only got involved when your own interest were affected. And then afterwards, to this day, America keeps up its arrogant attitude that we should be grateful because you saved the day. Maybe you were indeed part of saving the day but you didn't do it because you liked us so much. You only did it to retaliate because YOU were attacked.
Years of futile war in Vietnam... WE didn't ask you to do that. YOU did that all by yourself because America didn't want communism to spread.
So don't play this victim card and please read what is said, not make up your own version of that.

If you want to help an ally, that's great. That's what you're allies for. But like when you help a friend it doesn't mean you move into his/her house when the helping part is done. You go back to your own home.
Doesn't mean the friendship is over, doesn't mean you're not liked.
Geeezzz.. cannot understand I have to explain at this level. It's how I'd explain a 6 yr old.
I'm not going to do that anymore. Enough is enough. If you want to live your American view of how grant you are, good luck with it.

In WW2, we were doing something called Lend-Lease to you. We were giving you tools to fight a war. What did we get in return? Ships being sunk by German U-boats.
Then, obama was giving Ukraine blankets, when they were asking for Tankbusters to defend themselves. Trump gave them the tankbusters.

Lyndon Johnson escalated Vietnam. Kennedy was going to pull out in early 1964. Now, I DON'T believe for one minute that Oswald was alone in killing Kennedy. Kennedy's headshot came from in front of him. The Zapruder film proved that. The who will never be solved.

A few wars, we were asked for help, and we gave it.

Now me, I think biden is a huge doofus, and so is Putin. Who in their right mind would take over a country, that has a thing called Chernobyl? You want that mess within your boarders? Fine. Guess what! We're sending a bill for housing that nuclear reactor, the rest of the world paid for.
Please bring cash.

no photo
Tue 02/15/22 05:34 PM

We may be hearing that cheer more and more now that special investigator John Durham has shed a little light on his investigations… he has filled evidence that basically says Clinton framed Trump. Her campaign in 2016 paid to have Trumps private server infiltrated and hacked. Durhams investigation has spread to many with dirty hands that perpetrated this conspiracy. This is no less than espionage and hopefully maybe a few of these so-called news reporters can be held responsible for four years of collusion by the democrats and their MSM buddies. To Mort and a few others , you may want to search new media outlets cause you won’t here about it on msnbc or cnn. Nothing but crickets 🦗
It would be nice if Durham found evidence. He may have, and is just playing close to the vest. What he needs is someone to roll over on the clinton's. Much in the same way as John Dean did during Watergate. I think the dems were trying to get Paul Manaforth to do the same. But, since he probably didn't know what was going on, he wouldn't lie to keep himself out of jail. Since the dems seem to be running scared, perhaps he's found something.

no photo
Sun 02/13/22 12:29 PM

Yes, they are very valid questions that constantly go unanswered. I think many people would like them to be answered. And inserting Trump into the answers only discounts them because he is not in charge. And that crutch has to stop.

Darn! And I was so looking forward for "his" logical answers to the questions you posed.

no photo
Sat 02/12/22 01:57 PM

Yo, Bart!
Huge numbers of people can't get to work because of this -- no matter their thinking about the mandate or protests, etc. Emergency vehicles with potential life and death occupants are blocked.

Regardless of your seemingly skewed thinking about the definition of liberal, a ton of innocent folks are being harmed.

This topic, while not unimportant, is minor compared to so many other wrongs going on, whether sanctioned by government or driven by industry.

Ironic that lockdowns and mandates have also stopped huge numbers from from going to work, funny how when BLM protest blocked things off the government was not concerned about potential deaths from people being blocked, and had no regards for people's inconvenience, they actually encouraged people to go out and protest even in the middle of a pandemic.
Ironically the truckers blockaid could easily end simply by ending vaccine mandates. Do vaccines actually work? In the short term they may help a small number of people with preexisting conditions survive, they have not kept people from getting the virus, with people showing less or no symptoms of the virus they are much more likely to go out and spread the virus to others so there is probably an actual increase in cases due to the vaccine, and long term is yet to be determined. Does anybody remember when they told people to stop eating butter because it's very bad for you and start eating margarine because it's made of plants it has to be good for you, right? How many commercials are there that say have you or a loved one taken this drug or used this product and became ill or died? You may be entitled to be part of a lawsuit. Just because people can't see it now does not mean it will not have grave affects in the future. I have no problem with old people and those with pre-existing conditions getting vaccinated by their choice, but don't be forcing this on children with little or no risk of serious outcomes.

That is something I object to, kids getting the Vax. Three, out of one million kids could get it. At their young ages, their bodies can become immune to it, and it doesn't even make them sick. A friend's granddaughter got it. He said, aside from even testing positive for it, you couldn't tell she was even sick. This was known back when it all started.

I'll bet every truck that's in this protest, has a driver in it, or near it. Not one has parked it in the middle of the street and walked away from it. Unless they were arrested.

I'm loving to hear every squealing dem complain about this. And watching them dropping their mandates because, all of a sudden, they are not so sure of re-election. (Including beat-o, who all of a sudden has become pro second amendment? WHAT a LIAR!!!)

I hope the left is taking notes on what a peaceful protest this is. If Trucks start burning, we will know antifa is the cause of it.

no photo
Sat 02/12/22 06:40 AM

It's asinine, because the vaccine saves millions of lives and it's such a tiny shot. Protesting the vaccine is almost as dumb as people taking ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine instead. Such Idiots!

It's not so tiny a shot for some of us. (after 2 shots + recent booster shot). It can be, esp. the first shot, a life & death experience.

Detail: Covid vaccines are nothing but generating a new breed of antibodies. known that when person receives the first shot, the bank of existing antibodies, (including those for small pox, polio, etc.; pre-existing in normal people) is activated to squelch this 'unknown'. For a person like me, (no, I'm not a trucker; but a site construction guy exposed to unhygienic food, water); the range of antibodies is larger and 12 hours after the first shot I went through a 30 min. period of fever & near seizure. The day I took the booster shot, I actually said my goodbyes to a relative, before night.

It's a tough situation for people exposed to tough outdoor conditions and I think their PM is not handling it right.

I had it. About 3 weeks before the pandemic ever started. I decided to not do the shots. I was feeling sick for about a day and a half, then I went to work. After a day outside, I felt pretty good.

I got curious, I started searching for reasons why I didn't get as sick as others. It was that I wasn't obese, I didn't have contributing issues that would cause me to die. Since that time, when I got exposed to others that had come down with it, I never got it. I'm immune.

I decided to NOT expose myself to the virus again. My body is my body. Then the Johns-Hopkins study said that .2% of the people who got shots, wore masks, still got it. Besides, any booster is only good for 90 days anyway.

But we are not immune to government overreach. Their are waay too many government officials that get drunk with power and love to tell people what to do. Truckers are, for the most part, are Independent Contractors. They call their shots. If one company fires them for whatever,they drive down the street to the next terminal, pull in, walk in,"I'm a truck driver, here's my log book, I'm ready to drive." and the next company hires them.

Now, The Truckers are trying to deliver us freedom. Freedom from oppressive socialist dems, who want to tell us how to live. (I'm getting huge laugh that Tow truck drivers won't touch them!) And now, the government is trying to take away the money donated to them from GiveSendGo. Trudeau is in hot water, biden is trying to jump in to the same pot with him.

Let him.That way, he can get hung out to dry with the rest of dem party.

no photo
Thu 02/10/22 01:58 PM

you really have to get off the Trump card. Trump is not the President.. Biden is. In a earlier thread many posters from the right ( including me) said they would vote for someone other then Trump. So this is not a Trump rally, it is discussions about the current President. And going by the popularity ratings he is doing very poorly. The polls includes not only Republicans by Independents AND Democrates.

Sorry that Trump makes you sick, too, but since we're moving on to Hunter, it's still useful to compare the magnitude of the allegations, here. Also, even though Trump probably won't he on the ballot, The Republicans still align with him, despite his crimes. Just last week they censured Cheney and Kitzinger for participation in the panel to investigate the Jan 6th insurrection. Keep telling yourself that we need not invoke Trump, but he's still around.
Much to your dismay. Dems censured Kiristen Sienna because she wouldn't toe the dem line.
The lies are surfacing about Jan 6. Harris swore up and down she was at the White House that day. Turns out she went to the DNC office, then supposedly walked close to a "supposed pipe bomb", planted the day before. Problem with that, is that it was not built right, they couldn't find any prints on it, and they claim they can't find the guy who planted it. Even with security photos.
I think it's all to cover up the usual dem BS they are all are famous for.

no photo
Mon 02/07/22 06:34 PM

I post abit about NYC because that is where I am from.. so I follow what happens there.
The Jewish and Asian hate crimes take place wherever there is a high concentration if those folks. Just look what is happening to the Asians in San Francisco.
This is not new, it has been going on for years and years . and getting worse and more brazen. black thugs beating up old people.
Can you imagine getting a call that your grandmother is in the hospital because she was beat up by thugs......can you imagine the rage you would have ....
So the logical question to the black community is....why?. but all you hear is crickets
You will never hear about it. That would mean they admit there are some bad eggs in their basket.
Same way all whites are racist.
If that's the case, then the leadership of this country is racist.

no photo
Sat 02/05/22 05:53 PM
Oh don't get me started! Lots of trips aboard my Gold Wings. Out west, down south, just day rides.

I did three Mystery rides for my now defunct chapter. One down to south east Ohio where I took them down the Dragon's tail.
Another one, in Southeast Illinois. We crossed over the Mississippi, rode along it to Winfield, Mo. The pavement ended on the edge of the Mississippi river. I pulled up at the very best time. All I heard was gripes about having to turn around. (I got that several times) Nobody knew it, at the time. I shouted to them,"Our Ride is coming!" Up came the Windfield Ferry, for a car ferry ride across the Mississippi. So, 16 Wings rode aboard, and we crossed the Mississippi in style. We rode around Calhoon county for a while, then up to Harden, IL., to the Miss Illinois, the only working car ferry on the Illinois river.

It was the first trip that made me Mystery ride co-coordinator. I managed to sell them on my skills later on that year, when our chapter leader took us down to the Ohio River. He got lost, and was going to take us back 30 miles to a bridge across the Ohio. I stopped him, told the group to just ride four miles upto the Markland Dam bridge, he didn't know about.

A few times I led our rides, I GOT lost! I kept my yapper shut! Three separate times, they never knew I was lost! I just knew if I rode in one specific direction, I'd trip over my road I was looking for, and I did.

One year, I rode to Florida on just state highways,NO interstates.(From Northern Indiana) I found out the road I picked, was the route of the worlds longest yardsale. Four hours to travel 100 miles. (US 127)

I wouldn't trade any of my road trips. Each has been different. I bet I've ridden over dozens of covered bridges. One of my yearly rides takes me to Dunn's Bridge. That one, is a bridge that was originally built from the Ferris Wheel from the Chicago World's fair. One place called Jungle Park, I rode past several times, I never knew what it was. Turns out, it was one of the most dangerous car race tracks in Indiana. During it's time, it had killed about 10 drivers, and several spectators.

I've seen Rabbit Hash, Ky., Hell, Mi. China, In., rode Road Rd., seen the last surviving Hudson car dealership. Been on a Y bridge.(That has a stop light in the middle of it)

Yeah, road trips are fun.

no photo
Fri 02/04/22 05:06 PM

Hi fellow patriots,
I'm sure many of you are frustrated with what is going on in the world right now. Have you had enough of the current issues in our xountry? I am starting to see that there is hope coming probably sooner than you think It is important to have faith that it will get better soon. Based on the world, faith and where you stand politically are important within for a relationship to be "on the same page" Any Republicans who support Trump who are Christian, reach out to me and let's talk. Cindy

I have always been a Trump supporter and if he runs again in the primary election I will support him again. But regardless of who republicans choose to run against the democrat. He will have a blueprint on what works and doesn’t work for a great economy thanks to the Trump presidency. So I’m not worried about if it’s Trump , Pompaio or DeSantis . I’m fairly positive the democrats have little chance to win in 2024.
I think Jr would also be a good choice.. the DON is getting up there. and he's a high stress target. so grooming JR to run and teaching him what he learned while in the big chair( as with his business empire). may be the better move.

Just make sure little Donny get's enough coke. If he runs out of it he is brain dead, oh wait, he is already brain dead, lol. Never mind.
I always wanted to see how America is dealing with a drug addict as president. Oh wait, they had Donny senior already, addicted to lies, deception and idiotism. Good luck to all my friends in the US.
2024 will show what America is standing for, I hope I will be there to watch it.
Clearly you're armed with the latest scuttlebutt from left leaning news feeds that have no clue about which end is up.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25