Thu 11/01/07 08:22 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Hello to you too!

laugh

Timorek's photo
Thu 11/01/07 07:20 PM
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/usnet_3.jpg

Is this statistic important?
Why are we so far behind...we are beat by Luxemburg...

Timorek's photo
Thu 11/01/07 04:45 PM
I glued a little Jenny from the block picture on my toothbrush...

Timorek's photo
Thu 11/01/07 03:55 PM
I have a secret crush on Katara...
She is the responsible one in the group...

Oooops not so secret anymore.

laugh

Timorek's photo
Thu 11/01/07 09:55 AM
Sorry. 4, 5 and 7?

Timorek's photo
Thu 11/01/07 09:55 AM
This thread actually was much much better than I had hoped for. Thanks for all the contributions!

flowerforyou

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 09:29 PM
"We need no one, and when you are the biggest, baddest, and best in the world everyone follows, wanting to be just like you! "

Uhh perhaps we just hit upon another reason why the US is isolated culturally...

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:42 PM
Of course a person on this thread actually went to France and he was told that Americans are jack-asses :-D

So there is first hand experience there :-D

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:35 PM
It's weird but I do not think this has turned into a French bashing thread? People just state their opinions, and many believe that the French hate America and Americans because that is what the media and some politicians here told them.

Remember the whole Freedom Fries fiasco? How asinine was that? This was crap I remembered from kindergarten, and should never be part of.... for lack of better terms grown up politics (if there is such a thing laugh )

I have mixed feeling about the French, but that is yet another topic I will do after the debate about Conservatism and Liberalism and how the meanings were switched here in the USA without the Americans noticing...

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 04:35 PM
The thing about American football and virtually every mainstream American sport is the disinterested "fans", just sitting there munching on peanuts, drinking their beers. It's even worse in baseball.

Thank goodness for the MLS:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9_y01l9gY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ztDcrGn3S0

Let the flaming begin

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 04:27 PM
Yawn.

Watching 300 lbs guys play for 4 seconds, then take a break, watch a 5 minute commercial, then watch the (now rested) 300 lbs guys play for 3 seconds, huddle, pant, wheeze, rest up, to give it another go...

American football is about 1 thing - the commercials laugh

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 04:00 PM
Was that the one that showed how Turk lost his hair?

"Soo JD we drove all the way to Chicago to see Michael Jordan! We going to see Joooordan we going to see..."
"So, mocha bear, was I supposed to bring the tickets or the sandwhiches?"

Painful tearing follows.

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 03:40 PM
Best show ever written.

Dr. Cox is my inspiration. Tough love!

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 03:29 PM
Wait... Why are we crying again?
What did I miss?
What's going on?!

laugh

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 01:11 PM
I am sure you were in the Commando under Hoare right man? In the Congo?

Did you fight in Biafra also?

Sorry couldn't resist laugh

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 01:10 PM
"Not exactly true about the French hating Americans.They only hate us in peace time.Thhey love us when we are bailing their as--s out of every war that they have been."

Oh god...........

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 01:10 PM
KLC hit a valid point I think.

Some US states are bigger than many European countries. While it is possible in Europe to, for the weekend, get into a car and visit 3-4 countries for the heck of it...

So of course KLC is right - when people who have different cultures are that close, it will have an effect.

The closest we can come is the Mexico border with the US. Bourdain on Travel Channel had a good show on that - basically how a fusion of two cultures exists on the banks of the Rio Grande... a TexMex if you will :wink:

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 01:01 PM
Just to re-focus.

I am not interested in who hates who, but in the cultural isolation of the USofA and the effects it has on the country and its people.

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 12:58 PM
Whereas as Americans we just don't give a s**t about anybody else?

laugh laugh

Good comments - am pleasantly surprised at the input. Keep it up people flowerforyou

Timorek's photo
Tue 10/30/07 12:56 PM
I agree with you!

It is obviously not for everybody - it does get pretty wild, and you can be soaked with water or alcohol while in there

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13