Community > Posts By > MsLeeHM

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 05/03/18 10:24 AM
I get this all the time. People are shocked when I tell them my daughters are 46 and 42 and I have a 22 yr old granddaughter.

I see other women my age and I really do look much younger than many of them.

On the good days. NOTE: all pictures were taken on "good days" lol

Now that I am a senior I want to get the senior's benefits when I shop. So after never being carded as a young person I am now being carded as a old one. I love it.

Even on the dating websites people often think I am lying about my age. But in 5 weeks I will be 66.

MsLeeHM's photo
Sun 04/08/18 10:02 PM
Hi from Ottawa.

Still looking

MsLeeHM's photo
Sun 04/08/18 09:53 PM
I have tried long distance a couple of times.

1. Talking on line or on the phone was great. He seemed like what I wanted. He flew a couple of thousand miles to meet me and it was great. We talked more and I packed up and moved there. HUGE mistake. A week together was not an example of who he really was. He was on his best behavior. But I got to see the real him when I moved there and it wasn't at all what I wanted or needed.

2. It took seeing him 4 times to see the real him and again it wasn't at all what I wanted. At least that time I didn't move there.

It is too easy for people to put on their best face online or on the phone. Meeting for the first time or a few times again is short-term and almost anyone can put on their best. You don't see them with the normal ups and downs of life.

I am getting plenty of responses from people far from where I live. Some just hate it when i say no to a long-distance relationship. But I know what I can and can't do and I won't try it again.

MsLeeHM's photo
Tue 04/03/18 08:04 PM

Not sure where you think the site will limit language.

In the US there is a large population of Spanish speaking people. In Canada it is French speaking people.

I live across the river from Quebec. There are within my targeted area. Almost every person who contacts me from Quebec is French speaking.

It would not be a difficult thing to add language preference to the questions we are asked along with age, height, gender, etc. It is actually quite simple and would solve a lot of problems.

Meanwhile I am paying for a service I am not benefitting from in any way and only getting more frustrated with and I still have 4 months on my subscription.

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 04/02/18 01:50 PM
Two days and I am still getting mostly French speaking people. A button to choose language as a preference would really help solve the problem.

I haven't responded to one French person and still the problem persists.

I'm at the point of adding ENGLISH ONLY to the photos

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 03/31/18 01:49 PM

Also if you have your filters set and don't respond to them they can't message you. think

some French speakers are still getting through but I won't respond

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 03/31/18 01:23 PM
I reported it and the powers that be have set it so I am getting English speaking people. I was getting almost all French this morning.

I am wondering something though. If someone much younger sends me a message I was responding to them to let them know I wasn't interested. So I wonder if the program is taking our responses into consideration when it suggests matches.

So now I will not respond to them and see what happens. Hopefully it will narrow to the age range I prefer

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 03/31/18 12:10 PM

Matches come through 2 ways

1. The site generates them based on your search criteria

2. Members can manually match. You go go to someone's profile and click the "match with him/her" button

Remember, mutual match os only meant to be a fun way to connect, not the only tool used

okay the first makes sense. The second is a real pain.

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 03/31/18 12:09 PM

I gave up on that a while back. When i did do it i noticed it pulled up everything opposite of what i was looking for.

The way it was ecplained to me was if nothing matches your search criteria. Then it broadens the criteria.

Broaden it? I need to narrow it. This is ridiculous that 20 yr olds want to match with me. All I can think is scammers

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 03/31/18 11:43 AM
How does this happen. I assume that the matches provided are somewhat based on my own profile. However, at 65 yrs old I have a really hard time to understand why my matches are in their 20s, 30, 40 and early 50s and why they are from all over the globe.

Are my settings wrong? How do I narrow this down?

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 10:53 AM
Thanks for looking

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 10:28 AM
What do I need to change, add or delete?

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 10:22 AM
Edited by MsLeeHM on Thu 03/29/18 10:23 AM
I am finally a senior and now I am being carded when I ask for seniors discounts. People are always shocked when I tell them my daughter is 46. And I look at other women my age and even I think I look much younger.

I think part is genes, part not smoking and very little alcohol and part never wearing a plot of makeup. It seems to be working well for me so far but I know it will catch up to me sooner or later.

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 08:44 AM

Im talking at a Arabic, she's from Syria. Her family died on a air strike apart from her an her sister. I think the reason is because they have so much respect for there husband, I ain't 100% why I like them. An I won't say "hot" but look very nice

Don't confuse submission with respect. Many cultures teach women to be submissive (not talking sex here) but all areas of their lives. They are considered lesser than and definitely less important than men.

Here is what I think the difference is after having lived in that kind of submissive culture:

Respect makes you want to be better. a better person, a better partner. It encourages you to say what you want and do what you want knowing you trust each other to make the best decisions. You are treated like an equal partner in the relationship. You are both allowed the freedom to ask for what you want and need and to be treated with respect.

Submission on the other hand often silences women. No other opinions allowed except for the man's. It teaches them that only his opinions, thoughts and needs come first. You are there to serve.And in return you get a house over your head, food and clothes and generally all the sex HE wants.

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 08:16 AM

Hi how r u

Doing fine I guess. Clearly still finding my way around

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 08:14 AM

Welcome to the asylum known as mingle. I wish you the best of luck here.

Thanks and yes after 3 days I have definitely seen some of the asylum

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 08:14 AM

One message from the right one is so much better than a ton of messages from the wrong ones.

Well said

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 08:02 AM
Well that was easy. Now I should get...... almost none laugh but hopefully they will be the right ones

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 07:59 AM
Thanks I will do that

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 03/29/18 07:33 AM
Yes I am new and looking for someone. In or near Ottawa ON Canada and yes at least close to my age.

It is frustrating to get messages from kids you are younger than my granddaughter. Or my daughters. Or from India, EU or all over the US.

So where are you?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 Next