Community > Posts By > MsLeeHM

MsLeeHM's photo
Tue 11/20/18 10:34 AM
Edited by MsLeeHM on Tue 11/20/18 10:35 AM

"Age doesn't matter" Oh Really?

No. Not really. Except to those that chose to make it matter because they've decided it matters to them, their image, their identity, the way they see the world.
But it doesn't really matter.
At least to the type of relationship the people that believe "age doesn't matter" really want.

At best they've deluded themselves into believing they want a successful (long term, healthy) relationship because it helps them come across as being truthful.
If you're going to tell people what you think they want to hear, it's best to come across as really meaning it.

Of course:
She says he is too young and age doesn't matter.

Sometimes people just don't want to hear "no" and simply switch tactics.
Just like any "good" salesman.
"You're too young" is a much "softer" no than not answering their message, or saying "I'm not attracted to you, don't email me again."

When a beggar walks up to you and asks for a dollar do you say "sorry, I can't afford a dollar" or do you say "no, don't bother me?"
If the former, is it truly unrealistic/unexpected the beggar would come up with a reason for you to give them a quarter?

what would be left? Sex? Personally I would rather have sex with someone I can relate to in all the above categories and a lot more

That's great. Good for you. Thanks for sharing.
Now...what if you can't find what you'd "rather" have?
Not to mention, are you under the impression these guys messaging you saying "age doesn't matter" aren't messaging anyone else?
Are you under the impression they're just sitting, pining away, year after year until your profile comes up, and they say "finally!" Or that they're conservative guys living according to how you think men should conservatively live but your profile comes up and they throw it away and think "I must have her and throw my values away and just pursue her! Maybe for just sex!"

Or do you think they're emailing other women? Other women who also said "Personally I would rather have sex with someone I can relate to yadda yadda yadda," only they said that last year, or 3,6,10+ years ago (look at some of the join dates of the female posters) but haven't found their "rather" in that time?

What exactly are you figuring out or saying with the OP? That (many/most/all) men are full of crap when approaching women?

Are you trying to convince yourself of your own ideology, and you're lonely so you decided to share on a public forum? Do you honestly believe this hasn't been discussed before?
In the time it took you to fill out the OP, how many other women do you think those guys have contacted?

Are you under the impression forming a pseudo rational and logical argument about why age matters is going to affect men, that contacted you saying age doesn't matter, in any way?

Enough women here have said they tried it and prefer to stay within 10 years either way. I have tried 13, 15 and 5 years younger. In every case I wound up feeling like I had another kid to raise. In spite of the one who was 5 years younger I am still willing to try.

What would I do if I don't find anyone within that 20 year age span. I guess what I am doing now. Living alone. Which is far easier than being with the wrong person.

Everyone has their preferences and that should be respected. But to argue with me that I should be more open minded is not going to work with me.

Been there. Done that. And most definitely not doing it again.

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 11/19/18 03:18 PM
Individual Witnesses should be respected just like anyone else. Tell them you are not interested and close the door. If you talk to them you can be assured they will be back.

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 11/19/18 03:14 PM

"Seems no matter the denomination, all are afraid of something and try to offer me comfort for some type of hell they feel is imminent?"

Of course, we all know that the JWs don't believe in "hell." I doubt this poster has ever actually talked to one.

When I read that I did not think the poster was saying JWs believe in a literal “hell” but rather a symbolic one I know plenty of people who have talked to Witnesses any the topic of hell never came up.

MsLeeHM's photo
Sun 11/18/18 10:57 PM
Edited by MsLeeHM on Sun 11/18/18 10:58 PM
Only when I have a car. Still have my license My mother had to give up her license last year at age 84. Her sister who is 85 is still driving.

MsLeeHM's photo
Sun 11/18/18 09:12 AM

What part of Don' ....you understand?

How about the Don' ?
Without the letter "t", seems like you might be talking about Don Quixote...or maybe Don Rickles, Don Knotts?

oops devil made me respond....smokin pitchfork

My phone does some bad edging for me. I missed that one and it was too late to go back in and edit it

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 11/17/18 12:07 AM

Some young guys contact me, 25-30, wanting to start a family. Really? Do you know how old I am?

I have had this too. Clueless. I just block them. I’m getting too tired to try to educate them all

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 11/17/18 12:01 AM

okay so last week i asked if anyone had trouble with JW's, and no
answer, and no reply. Today, i went to jinbx, and there he was again,
and this time I was ready. he yells, i havent't seen your friend PAM,
where is she. i kept reading. then, it came you, in the red sweater
reading the magazine, and i was reading still. then again he made some
comment to his friend LAWNBOY, and i never missed a beat, just kept
reading. Only if you want to know the truth, i heard every dammed word,
and star me if you want to, but it still means the same. ignore.so much
for JW's.

You did the best thing - ignored them. You are not required in any way to talk to them or answer their questions
. IfPam wants to talk to them then they should not be bothering you with it.

Witnesses are trained to keep personal records on all people hey talk to. They will han
Be your name if you gave it, your address if they came to your home, as well as what topics seemed to interest you. They willthen track you down and restart the conversation in the hopes that you wuill eventually agree to their free home Bible study which is actually an indoctrination program.

As a person gets more involved they are led along and then “encouraged” to get baptized. At that point they OWN you.

This is not just another religion. It is a high control group that uses lies and half-truths, a lot of manipulation and indoctrination to get people to join, keep them under control and punish people who break the rules. They even want to continue to control you after you leave or are thrown out.

Ex-Scientologist Leah Reminijustdid a program onthem. She was astounded by the amount of control the leadership has on people

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/16/18 01:14 PM
I totally agree that times are changing. Younger men are doing more at least some of them are. My son-in-law always seems to be doing something. I see plenty of men out walking the baby or taking the ids to the park. But I don’t see that as much with men my age.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/16/18 12:03 PM

Also, many older men have had their sex life in their relationships destroyed by the woman's lack of desire. They are very suspicious that a new relationship will result in the same situation, thus they want to establish that sexual connection early in any possible relationship. Ask the older women you know, say 60+, who are in a relationship how often they have or initiate sex with their partner. If or when these men become single, they see older woman in the same light as the one they were with. May or may not be a correct assumption.

wow. If he hasn't dealt with the past he is sure to make the same mistakes and doom the possible relationship.

One common problem I see is that once a man and woman have sex the man assumes that she is available to him whenever he feels like it. He believes he now has ownership of her body and sexuality. This is why a lot of women get turned off sex with him. Half the time they don;t even bother with foreplay. I have had more than one man come in the door and walk straight to the bedroom expecting me to follow. Excuse me! How about "Hello and nice to see you"?

I am not saying that spontaneity is bad. I am all for it when I am in the mood. But if I haven't seen you for a week it might take me a little longer to get warmed up. I'm not a sex doll that you can grab as soon as you walk in the door.

Then there are the men who really are into sex for them and forget their partner has needs and very often they are very different than a man's. Some men are just selfish. As Cellie says in The Color Purple, "He just climb on top of me and do his business." I don't want anything to do with the selfish man.

Some don't know - do some research already. The ones who don't know can learn. IF they want to. Just because I said YES once doesn't mean you now own me.

And wives. After 20 years of picking up after a man, doing his laundry, cleaning his house, cooking his meals, birthing his babies and raising them, I think she deserves a bit of down time. Granted it is her house and her food and her babies too but she still works more hours in a day than he does. Too often they both work but when she comes home she is still working while he does whatever he feels like.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/16/18 09:10 AM
[quore]
Johnn & Cranky - what a pile of 19th century thinking!! I certainly hope some women in the 21st century are well beyond your assessment of them and their capabilities.

And what would you prefer us to think or believe?
That some women are actually capable of being independent of needing someone to emotionally support them. That they are happy, confident people in their own self and not needing someone (man or woman) to make them feel good about themselves. You are your own rock or anchor in this world and can fearlessly move forward in life without someone giving you a hand to lead you along. You are just as capable and willing to lead as you are to follow.

This not just about the female gender for many men are incapable of it also!!

I don’t believe that is what they are saying. I think they are both saying we deserve to be treated well. That we deserve to be treated equally and not just as sexual objects there to satisfy any man’s sexual needs.

Women have sexual needs too. But many of us have realized that the sexual revolution did us few favours. Before wonenguarded their sexuality. Then the revolution came along and we were supposed to be equals. What really happened though was that we were expected to say yes even when it wasn’t in our best interest. The revolution of free love and sexual openness actually victimized us because if we did say no we were being closed, difficult, backwards, prudes and many other derogatory words. We were now supposed to embrace sexuality openly. It was expected that after 1 or 2 dates we should be under the sheets and if we weren’t then it was our fault. After all if the man was willing we should be too.

Many of us found out, however, that this just gave men an unrealistic expectation that we would be putting out. As many of the women posters here have said that doesn’t work for them. We have the right to say no or not yet or we want to get to know a man as a friend first. If he can’t become a good friend first then he will be alone under the sheets.

We aren’t opposed to sex though. We do embrace it, enjoy and love it (provided the man knows what he is doing) but we aren’t a car that men test drive to find out if you are compatible. Emotional and psychological compatibility are very different than sexual compatibilit. It seems to many women that men are more interested in sexual compatibility than the rest. Meanwhile women want the rest FIRST and only then are they willing to climb under the sheets.

This may sound like control over the man. In reality it is control over our body, and who and when someone gets access to it.

One of the reasons why I don’t do long distance is because the men I have talked to long enough for them to travel even 2 hours think sex is a part of the visit. When you clearly state that it is not, they cancel. It sort of says “Have sex will travel”

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 10:55 PM

There really seems to be a disconnect here because we have two different definitions at work here.

On one hand, we have people who think women view "friend zone" as actually being friends.

On the other hand, we have people whose personal experience is with women who use "friend zone" as an excuse not to be completely honest. That is, these women use it as a way to "let someone down gently". They aren't interested in being friends at all, but just don't want to hurt the guy's feelings.

So maybe there really are two different schools of thought among women, whether anyone here realizes it or not. Hence all the confusion here.

You could be right. I wouldn’t use the term friend zone though. Either I like a person enough to be friends or I don’t. If I tell a man I am not interested in anything more than friendship with him then it would be up to him if he wants to be friends without the hope of something more. I say what I mean.

I also know this: No matter how good a friend he is, when I do meet that someone special he will be my best friend, male or female. All others are still friends but there can only be one best friend.

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 09:57 PM

Johnn & Cranky - what a pile of 19th century thinking!! I certainly hope some women in the 21st century are well beyond your assessment of them and their capabilities.

And what would you prefer us to think or believe?

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 07:40 PM

Don't be shy. Women are very kind and will usually not bite your head off if you approach them with respect.

Welcome and good luck!

Listen to him. He is the sweetest Cranky_Geezer I know

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 06:00 PM

Love can change anything, love is great. As you say, you retired at 50 years old, and you want to travel all over the world, your younger partner is still at working, he can' t travel with you. If I am your partner, I decide to work hard before you retired, making enough monery for rest of life, no matter how hard it is, I could have a try because of love.

Again it would depend on the age difference. I am already retired and am 66 yrs old. Am I supposed to wait another 20-30 yrs for some young guy to retire? Really, how long should I keep working?

I think waiting for someone closer to my own age would work out a lot better. Besides when he is just ready to retire I should be wearing Diapers and pushing a walker. Makes me wonder just how long he would be willing to stay with me

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 04:50 PM
Have 2 pans of :cake: in the oven. Watching a movie “Held for Ransom” and surfing in here

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 03:44 PM

This thread makes me sad, this is all I can come up with.

To the men...
I'm sorry if you've not had at least one meaningful friendship with a good Woman in your life, they ARE special, delicate and deserve to be emotionally and physically protected, they are NOT your equal, they ARE superior and should be treated that way.

To the Women...
I'm sorry if you've never experienced a true friendship with at least one good man in your life, one who would be your anchor, your confidant, someone who knows what to say and when to say it, i'm sorry you've never felt that safety in knowing he's not your friend because of the potential for intimacy.

I wouldn't take a bullet for my true friends, I'd trade my life for them!

I LOVE WOMEN!

BINGO!!! although there are some men I totally respect their intellect. I know I will never be their equal. But I keep trying

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 03:39 PM

laugh

We've got a cold front coming in here in Florida.... Highs of low 70's for the next week

I'm thinking I am jealous. It was 23 F here today and going to stay there all night and brig us a lot of snow tomorrow

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 03:19 PM
What gets me is a 35 yr old man. His profile says he wants kids. But he is contacting me. Doesn't he realize that after a certain age women can't have kids or may not want them. If I even considered adopting I would be 86 by the time he or she is 20. That just isn't right to do to a child.

Or the men who are single parents and have kids. One guy wants a relationship with me because I am so..... and he has a 9-yr old son. Really!!!! You really think I want to parent a child through his teens? I can't think of anything less that I might want to do now that my kids are grown and gone, I am retired and presumably have nothing better to do with my life. okay maybe I can think of worse things but that one is right up there near the top of the list

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 03:12 PM

I'm thinking this is less fuzzy...

OMG...a moment of silence in appreciationdrool

Yeah yeah I'm a old pervlaugh but you've got to admire the perfection.... That is one fine looking man!

Too young. okay not what I was thinking until I got in here but...

What I was thinking before I hit the button was: What is wrong with my desktop computer now?!sad tears frustrated

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/15/18 03:08 PM

Have another male friend,...*him* I was kind of interested in in *that* way..but for whatever reason..he's not...
I've stayed over at his house...he's stayed at my house over night...no funny business...
We too have a lot in common..and can talk about things we can't with other people.

But are you STILL interested in him?

If not, then you gave up on any romantic thoughts, thereby removing the impediment to an organic friendship.

I'm saying that romantic intentions are a roadblock to organic friendship.

So maybe there was a *slight* miswording, but the point is that unless the roadblock does not exist, a natural friendship cannot develop. I simply forgot to include that intentionally removing the roadblock by completely abandoning romantic interest is another viable scenario.

But beware of people who have said they've abandoned such intentions because many retain them even when they believe they haven't.

I had a friendship with a man for 14 yrs. He was happily married. I knew his wife. Then they divorced and we became better friends. Somewhere along the way I developed feelings for him. wanted more. And yes I told him. We talked about it. He wasn't ready and wasn't interested. That did not stop our friendship. We went on vacation together and shared a room. We didn't jump into one bed together. I wasn't going to push him. I certainly wasn't going to make him feel guilty. And we stayed friends. Learning to respect boundaries is crucial in all relationships.

I have had 2 amazing men in my life that I will value forever. What a gift from each of them.

So here I am on the internet looking for someone special. More special than they are