Community > Posts By > actionlynx

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:52 PM
Hand her a double-headed coin and call heads.
Seems I've been making breakfast a lot lately. laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:51 PM
Hot enough that...
...when we go for a pint and I order tea instead, I'm just handed a cold glass of water and a bag of tea. Just 2 minutes near him, the water's hot, and the tea is brewed.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:45 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:44 PM
Hot

Drinking hot chocolate outdoors around a Yuletide fire while reminiscing about past Christmases?

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:40 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 02:23 PM

Sorry, Sahin.

River + KitKat

You + I

Both sides have 2 people.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 02:14 PM

Darn those eyes and smile.
I want to be mad at KitKat for evening the odds, but I just can't stay mad whenever I see that pic.

I think I need to add her to my collection of Powerpuff Girls...

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 02:10 PM
The ancient Celts had a festival (was it Beltaine? or Lughnasagh?) where people could couple together in trial marriages for 1 year.

From my understanding, either sex could approach the other.

I wish I had my books. I'd like to look up customs in other ancient cultures. I remember reading about others previously, but knowledge tends to fade when you don't have cause to use it.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 02:03 PM

grumble
Sahin and I still need backup.
grumble tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 01:58 PM
Obviously I can do that, 'cos I'm just that awesome. tongue2 :angel:

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 01:56 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 01:55 PM
Actually there are numerous examples of ancient tribal cultures where women held an equal status with men, performing many of the same duties including hunting and warfare.

We forget that ancient tribal cultures often began with a communal effort. The woman didn't necessarily stay home with the children to protect them. Some might. So might a few of the men. Some may have been elder men and women. Some may have been younger. They took care of the children of not just their own families but those of other families as well.

So can we really say that gender roles are truly based on primal instincts?

I think both men and women are born to be protectors. The roles may change and fluctuate based on society and circumstances, but both retain the protector impulse.

At least, that's what I've learned by studying history and cultures.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 01:43 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 01:43 PM
Nobody can lose forever
and even winners must lose sometime.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 11:39 AM
Honestly, I sometimes ask about a woman's work. It's not to intrude. Rather, sometimes what is mentioned in the profile is too vague. They may mention a general field of work.

For instance, if a woman is a teacher, I might ask what kind of teacher she is: Elementary, High School, College, Daycare, Special Education, English, Math, Science, etc. The point is that by narrowing down the field, I can get some better idea of her interests or goals. From that bit of information, I can better tell whether or not we may be compatible.

I don't ask about weight unless she brings it up in conversation herself. If she does make some kind of reference to it, I assume she has a reason. Therefore, she might be broaching the subject to see if her weight might be a problem for me or maybe to make herself seem more attractive. Point is, once she brings it up, it's open for discussion.

The other 3 questions, I simply don't trust. I get them too. As soon as I read them, I click 'delete', and move on.

There are certain questions that each of us may find as turn-offs. Some of them may be turn-offs for very good reasons. Others may be because we ourselves have something to reconcile within ourselves.

For instance, the question about sporting. That could just be an innocent question probing to see whether your individual lifestyles are compatible. I'm not a health nut. Therefore, someone who works out religiously and eats only healthy foods probably is not going to be compatible with me. Sure, I'd like to exercise more, lose weight, and eat a bit healthier, but I'm not going to become passionate about it. Trying to force me to fit into that mold is going to cause me to rebel. Then the arguments will begin.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 10:38 AM
Thinking I need to get myself ready for work while there's plenty of time (i.e. over 2 hours) rather than rushing around at the last minute.

But....I still haven't finished my coffee yet. whoa

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 10:17 AM
Okay, I'll bite...

Honesty
Integrity
Common Sense
Creativity
Empathy/Compassion
Active (I don't want a couch potato)
Sense of humor (but not sarcastic - the way most people use sarcasm is actually mean, not funny)

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 09:09 AM
I can touch my nose with my tongue.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 09:07 AM

Nope. Those guys just aren't looking in the right threads. laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 09:04 AM
Don't worry about Dub. We'll just wait until he hibernates.

Then we'll be all win all the time. bigsmile