Community > Posts By > actionlynx

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:21 PM
Edited by actionlynx on Sun 12/02/18 06:21 PM

So if a beautiful woman were to come up and give you a big kiss, you wouldn't swoon? laugh

Nope.

I'm pretty sure I'd be standing at attention instead. laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:19 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:11 PM

spock

If my blood sugar can drop below 20 multiple times without me going unconscious, I really doubt I'll be having fainting spells anytime soon.

bigsmile

Besides, Hollywood tells us swooning is for women.

tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:06 PM
Sorry, Melmacian. I'm immune to swooning. tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:04 PM
Edited by actionlynx on Sun 12/02/18 06:04 PM

711waving how did you day turn out?

Horribly, actually. The clients both had behaviors. I wasn't supposed to work with that co-worker today, but then because of the behaviors, she came in anyway. Awkward silence the whole night.

She's convinced she's in the right, which means we both meet with our boss tomorrow morning, I'm betting she's not going to listen or allow me to get a word in. I already can outline a pattern of behavior that our boss is already aware of that gives me enough reason to question her motives. Maybe her motives are benign, but that's not how her behavior portrays it.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 05:59 PM
In my experience, Greeneyes is right to some extent.

I've been chased.

A few of those times were when I was an awkward teenager caught up in all the high school b.s. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't rebuffed some of those girls the way I did. I was too concerned about "appearances", not looks but how people perceive each other. At the time, I was trying to move up the social ladder without having the tools to actually do so. But some of those girls were actually better catches than I gave credit for. That's what happens when you're young and stupid.

On the other hand, one girl did approach me as I was leaving a baseball game while I was in uniform. Unfortunately, I forgot to give her my number. I was in a rush, switching from baseball to another extracurricular competition. So I simply told her I was in the phone book....but forgot to give her my name. slaphead

There were a couple of opportunities in college too. I simply was too shy or dense at that point to do anything. But the interest from those girls was fairly easy to see.

And there have been at least a few times as an adult in the real world. One of them I rejected, and have mentioned her in other threads. Two I ended up dating.

As I've aged though, there have fewer and fewer such women.

But even for someone as socially awkward and introverted as I was as a teen and young adult, there have been several instances where the other gender did make the first move. I just wish I'd encounter the same rate of opportunity now that I'm older and wiser.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 05:44 PM
710 waving

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 05:40 PM
Sitting at work, bored.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 05:39 PM

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 05:39 PM
Feeling mentally, emotionally, and physically drained.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:03 AM

It's too early to be starting this...
...and I haven't had enough sleep! grumble tongue2

Ah well, just making a token appearance anyhow before work.waving

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/02/18 06:01 AM
Thinking I have to head into work 5 hours early on just 3 hours sleep after blowing my top on a co-worker who had previously accused me falsely of being a snitch.

Yeah, I'd rather just take the entire day off, not work an unexpected double-shift.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 10:18 PM
Feeling exhausted and remorseful.

I don't often lose my temper, but ever since I was falsely accused of something a week or so ago, I've felt backed into a corner. Tonight I lost it over something small, only because the other side handled it in a confrontational manner.

Despite that, I owe an apology. If it wasn't for the previous accusation, I would have handled tonight's situation much differently.

I need to clear the air. We need to come to an understanding.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 10:04 PM
Thinking about what happened at the end of my shift at work.
Time for an overdue talk.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 07:20 PM
Edited by actionlynx on Sat 12/01/18 07:20 PM

You're welcome. I didn't forget. :wink:

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 07:17 PM
After I recover from the initial shock, I just distance myself, and move on.

If it's just disappointment or frustration, I can get over it, and forgive. Perhaps we even remain friends.

If it's betrayal....well, goodbye and good riddance. Clean break. I don't need to dredge up those memories and feelings. Forgiveness will come in time, but only as long as I have the space to keep moving on. So I need distance, regardless of whether that's what they want or not.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 07:09 PM
Honestly, Tom will never see any great performance boost on the XP computer. The hard drive is too slow for new programs and networking. It's the limiting factor because of the page file. Plus the motherboard architecture won't allow upgrading to faster drives. So unless the laptop can handle more RAM, he's stuck.

Upgrading the OS will only eat up the entire hard drive unless he goes to a Linux based OS.

Personally, I use Avira free anti-virus. But on my old XP laptop, I used Avast because it's light enough to see a performance boost while using the internet.

As far as Windows, Win 7 is probably the best, but now it's old enough that Microsoft will probably end support in the near future. Win 10 is better than any version of Win 8. I have Win 8 on this laptop, but I'm not a fan of it after having used the other versions.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:59 PM
Let her sleep, and make sure there's a hot bath ready when she wakes up.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:56 PM
If I abandoned my delusions and faced reality
I'd start drinking again too. laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:54 PM

and a massage to help get rid of those aches bigsmile