Community > Posts By > Thorb

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:06 PM
I'm getting the impression you can give as good as you get ...
so no worries ....

have fun and let the sarcasm flow.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 05:57 PM
yea ... I have a general feeling about what I would like but nothing specific outside of intelligence and empathy and self confidence in dealing with whatever life may throw at us.

We need to be able to honestly communicate and agree to disagree without that being a deal breaker.

We need to be into a few activities that we can do together and other ones seperate or with other friends.

Oh and of course we need to be hot for eachother.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 05:49 PM
that's a big part of the problem ...

cameras make the cops think they don't need to be patroling the roads so much and now they can hang out at the donut shops more and extort favours from hookers.

We tried some speed cameras in Ontario ... and then scrapped them.

partly because you don't know who is driving so you can only ticket the owner of the car ... even if its stolen. And there is nobody there to catch the car thief.

It also lets the drug transporters go free because nobody is stopping them. Basicly speed cameras are a bad ... lazy ... stupid idea.

red light cameras are a bit more acceptable but parked police cars work just as well as a deterrant.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 05:37 PM
wet sweaty sex on a warm summer night on the top of a hill overlooking the lake with a western breeze blowing all the mosquitos away.

long moments of contemplation over a painting by one of the great masters.

listening to Pink Floyd at about 80 decebels while lying in the dark

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 05:31 PM
probably had 8 or 10 before completing puberty and then after that I plead the 5th [even though Canada doesn't have a 5th]

rofl

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 05:14 PM
excreeting waste

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:52 AM
Toronto is a big city surrounded by smaller cities that its hard to even see the separations of.

best neighbourhood ... you probably can't afford ... best to just look at which are the neighbourhoods you don't want ot live in. ... like Jane/Finch or St.Jamestown or Regent Park or Eglington Av. E. in Scarberia.

if you have millions then you could live in Rosedale or the Bridalpath or King City ...

it really is a diverse city and it depends what type of lifestyle you are looking to have.

House .. Condo .. apartment? retal property ... lofts ... highrise ...city core ... subberbs ... public transit or commuting.

as for things to do ... well ... there is absolutely anything you desire in Toronto ... so ... what do you want to do?

Shows .. arts ... culture ... major league sports ... swing clubs ... universities ... formula racing ... soon to be Pan Am games ...

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:41 AM
Honestly .... a new 626 or equivalent car would be well over 20K.

so ... what is 1k dollars ... its like buying a car for 200 buck back in the 70's ... and what would you expect to get?

lots of work .... for young people [guys] that is what they should expect and maybe even want ... things they can fix themselves and learn how to fix a car and keep it running safely. Not just pay some mechanic 40 buck and hour to fix it for them when they don't stand a hope in hell at making 40 buck an hour themselves to pay for the repairs.

if a car is for sale cheap there is a reason its for sale
and a reason its cheap. If you can't be a solution to the reasons then you probably don't want the car.

rust ... is another problem that may go a lot deeper than the surface paint you are looking at.

if its gotten into the unibody frame then you have real structural problems and a very limited life to the safety of the car.

these days ... finding a good engin is easy ... its a good unibody that is harder to find.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:27 AM
Brake pad and rotors are on the front ... easy to see and check.

the new long life pads will wear down the rotors and force you to turn or change them ... never buy long life pads.

same for rear pads ... they will wear down the drums and force you to change them.

rear brakes are mostly used when backing up and self adjust when backing up. they also have the emergency cable attched which has a habit on older cars to stick and seaze.

squeeling can be the metal in long life pads or worn out pads ... rust or warped drums or rotors ...

it can be hard to take off the drums ... no special tool is needed other than a hammer unless they are seazed and then a puller may be needed. .. normally a hammer will loosen the rust enough to be able to remove them.

some pads will break down over the course of a few years once exposed to salt and moisture even when not used.

you can only tell by actually inspection.

if you don't trust your mechanic find one you can trust and who will physically show you things that you are questioning. The insurance liabilaty issue is b.s. ... it only applies if they are actually doing work ... not if they are showing you things between work sessions. If they don't want you to see what they have encountered then they are hiding something and probably are scammers.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:11 AM
London ... Soho ... National Gallery ... Tate Gallery ... hang in some local pubs and play darts and drink beer.

Paris ... just wander around lookin at the sights ... stop in outdoor cafes ... check out the art.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:07 AM
Toronto [actually Brampton] for my nephew's wedding.

by plane ... Dominican Republic

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:04 AM
Edited by Thorb on Mon 08/23/10 07:05 AM

No, they said no to Ford, Lexus and a other one that doesn't come to mind right now. It's 5 am and am going to bed.

Then either they're idiots or it's a trick question. The F150 is a 1/2 ton pickup and one of the most popular ever which has been made by Ford for over 60 years and going strong. Now that I think of it, I own one!

agree ... some trick to the actual question or they are morons

I worked at the factory installing robots to make the F series for Ford in Oakville Ontario ... before they closed that plant.

the F150 is the ½-ton ... F250 is the ¾-ton and the F350 is the 1-ton pickups

The E series is the commercial van.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:57 AM

I think of . . .

Immediate Family, Angel, her daughter, friends

not me ....

I think of John Lennon and Jesus and what happened to the Hippies changing the world.

then I think ... my dog ... then my personal relations and I wonder.

how does this all fit together ... and what is real and what is just my imagination being stroked by Harlequin and Hollywood?

Then ... I ask ... is love really just another four letter word being misused like so many other four letter words?

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:47 AM
Edited by Thorb on Mon 08/23/10 06:49 AM

Ok...it is a convertable, dude is speeding....and it is in the middle of the day...and the camera gets a great shot of the driver....and the lady bobbing up and done on his gear shift....extra charge? laugh

actually ..... if want to return to reality ....
the picture is of the back of the car ... so they can get the licence plate number ....
and they actually don't know who was driving the car
so the ticket has no points involved and goes to the owner.

and yes ... city busses have been ticketed.

......... its the no point aspect that makes it a law for the rich.

now they can speed all they want and it doesn't matter to their licence.

just another case of money grabbing and safety not really mattering and the cop department being lazy.

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:39 AM
if I wasn't on dialup .... I might look at u-tube
but in general I find too many people referencing it as if it has some authority and to me that is bordering on pathetic

Thorb's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:35 AM
Actually the dumbest part of the OP post is saying it might not work for a 21 year old ....

17½ is probably perfect for a 21 year old guy. and when I was 17 I did go out with a 21 year old girl ... not that it worked out for very long but she did show me a thing or two.

its as you get older that it doesn't work on the average.

not too many 37 year old guys would go out with a 60 year old woman unless it was their mother.

Thorb's photo
Sun 08/22/10 07:00 PM
yea ... and I think I saw hair growing on my palm.

Thorb's photo
Sun 08/22/10 06:31 PM
yea ... but think about this ....

its normal for them to know Led Zepplin songs that are 30 plus years old ... yet when Led Zepplin made those songs for us ... it wasn't normal for us to know songs from the 40's. other than Bing Crosby's ... White Christmas.

Thorb's photo
Fri 08/20/10 10:22 AM
Now back to reality ... When do you ever really know everything about anyone ... most people barely know themselves. They are often being surprised how they react to new situations.

As for growing to dislike ... that happens quite often ... hence the divorce rate and the breakup rate is even larger.

Odds are ... if you want to go by stats... whoever you choose won't work in the long run. ... so what. That is life in the relationship world of male / female relations and male / male , female / female too.

best to keep an open mind , open heart and open door.

Thorb's photo
Fri 08/20/10 10:14 AM

Are people afraid to open up to each other because, they think what they say will be used against them? I just want someone to talk to.

Lots of people won't shut up ... you just need to find one.
Oh wait
ya can't really talk to them either.
But they love when you listen.

Ouch ... get yer teeth out of my azz.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25