Community > Posts By > ashinaustin

ashinaustin's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:45 PM
I thought they wouldn't go through if you don't accept them. Makes sense right? Well, this one just popped up, I didn't get the option to approve or deny.

This is my AOL IM too, not even the IM on here

ashinaustin's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:42 PM
Yeah, I have no clue how they got my AIM or anything. It's not even flattering when it's that creepy! haha

ashinaustin's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:41 PM
Oh, I love facebook! What are you trying to do?

ashinaustin's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:40 PM
Edited by ashinaustin on Fri 04/17/09 06:40 PM
Ok I just had a very creepy IM moment. Someone randomly popped up on my screen with an IM that said, "you sound great! I need you in my life. Thank god for Mingle2." I have never given my IM out to anyone on here. I also don't have enough in my profile to be needed. He has buzzed me nonstop for the last 30 minutes. I asked for his Mingle2 name to see if I had ever talked to him before. No, I haven't, and he has deactivated. Have any of y'all ever ran across this?

ashinaustin's photo
Fri 04/17/09 05:03 PM
Ridiculously single

ashinaustin's photo
Fri 04/17/09 09:45 AM

I was born and raised in Lomax / LaPorte waving

Houston - La Porte here!

Small town, 30 minutes north of Houston bigsmile

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:34 PM
It's just my word. In the one without the facial hair, you look young and innocent. It's 'adorable'. Not a bad thing

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:28 PM
Yeah you're adorable. You should have no problem meeting someone

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:14 PM

But one would think that the powers of higher up would realize they were dealing with a very unhappy person. Why not a write up or suspension? Why did it have to come to this? There again, the criminal gets their way. I just cannot stand the fact that they still get all "rights" when they have done the crime.

Yep, our clients have way more rights than they should. A complaint was made to the Ombudsman and since the 'facts' were right, she has to go in front of the board now. I honestly hope that they see past that, but who knows, the state is crazy. Makes you nervous though....

If the tattoo is in that location, then why was she wearing clothing that could show it in a professional field?

We run around with kids alpt of the day. Shirts come untucked, things happen. It wasn't an intentional thing at all.

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:02 PM

Nope. I work in construction. They would think badly otherwise laugh

But question at hand, that is just wrong. It is covered 99.9% of the time. So why is one incident an issue?

I am thinking because the client made such a huge deal about it. We removed her kid, she saw that and went off and called Austin and raised hell. Who knows all of the details though. I think the punishment is a tad, no very, extreme for what the 'crime' was. Losing a job over a slip of the shirt? so that means if my shirt slips, my job is up for it too. It's craziness

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 07:51 PM

I wouldn't change a thing. I am where I have wanted to be for years.

Same here!

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 07:40 PM
Everyone has great opinions and I completely agree, but in the same breath, it wasn't like she was intentionally putting it out there. A mistaken slip of the shirt that is being blown out of proportion. It very well may just be a disgruntled client because I do work for CPS and we are 'baby stealers', so who knows. Would any of you be self conscious going to a company bbq and wearing a bathing suit because of tattoos that you have? I think that if you are outside of the work environment, it shouldn't really matter what you wear/have on or in your body.

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 03:57 PM

Hey everyone! We are trying to set up a meet for everyone in Texas here soon. I know that a few of us are already in, but I would like to have this thread to get details sorted out and a head count going.

I think we decided that central location for everyone is Dallas(ish). Any and all ideas are welcome!

He wait a minute now! Houston is where it's at :tongue:

I know, I think us girls are having a seperate one. But as cool as Houston is, I am thinking that the Lubbocks and the El Pasos don't want to take that hike. We can check and see though definitely!

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 03:54 PM
Ok, so today I found out that a coworker will be going before the board for termination next week because a client saw her tattoo. The one in question is on her lower back and a client called in and complained that some young punk covered in tattoos came and took her child. Now, I know for a fact that 90% of the people that I work with have a tattoo somewhere (myself included) and find this rule a little harsh. She will be fighting it but made me wonder....

Have any of y'all ever had issues at work because of tattoos? Ever felt like there is something you can't do work related because of your tattoos? Ex. Company party

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 03:27 PM
Hey everyone! We are trying to set up a meet for everyone in Texas here soon. I know that a few of us are already in, but I would like to have this thread to get details sorted out and a head count going.

I think we decided that central location for everyone is Dallas(ish). Any and all ideas are welcome!

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 12:47 PM

We are and I think it is going to be in the DFW area right ash?

Last I seen anyway

Yea!!! Party all over Texas :banana:

Yes ma'am! That's the plan so far. That thread doesn't get checked very often, so it's hard to get a place and time set in stone. I am trying to get it all worked out, but we'll see!

ashinaustin's photo
Thu 04/16/09 12:13 PM

After you come here tr I want to come out there. There are plenty Houstonians around! We could all get together!!!

Ash, you, beauty, 2KidsMom and whoever I am missing.

:banana:

we could have a big party then!!!! i know of tons of places we could meet at and we could all hang out in my pool in the backyard too for some bbq or something!!! i am so excited now!!! i never knew there were so many of us here!!!

I'm so in! That sounds like it would be a ton of fun. I think in the "where are all of the Texas people at?" thread, we are planning a statewide one too.

ashinaustin's photo
Wed 04/15/09 06:48 PM
Wow, All I have in mine is keys, wallet, ponytail holders, lip balm and mace for work.

ashinaustin's photo
Wed 04/15/09 06:04 PM

how about an older woman who will take a younger guy any day?

Oh, I bet you'll find plenty of takers. You're absolutely adorable!

ashinaustin's photo
Wed 04/15/09 06:02 PM

devil

I told you to come on down to Texas! bigsmile

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25