Community > Posts By > arcxjo

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/23/10 09:19 PM
I have to think that part of why they don't like America over there is that way back in the 1950s they actually had a democratic government that the CIA overthrew so that the Americans and Brits could install a despotic monarch who'd give them cheaper oil.

You know what I always found funny, though? The name of the country "Iran" actually means "Land of the Aryans" in Persian, but you never see any blue-eyed blonde Iranians.

arcxjo's photo
Sat 06/12/10 10:58 PM

engagement

With the right person drinker

You would seriously get engaged to the wrong person, and stay "on the market"? That would really blow your fiance's self-esteem!

arcxjo's photo
Fri 06/11/10 08:45 PM
A bloody knife. Still dripping.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 06/11/10 06:17 PM
If they don't want to pay anything then your options are basically (a) pay it yourself and don't tell them, (b) remind them of their parsimony next time they complain about you or anyone younger than them, as old people WILL do, or (c) put up ads on Craigslist or eBay.

arcxjo's photo
Thu 06/10/10 05:26 PM
Depends. Biologically speaking, having hair that only grows an inch a year is a "physiological disability". So is complete organ failure. So is everything in between.

arcxjo's photo
Thu 06/10/10 05:39 AM
I've been loyal to KDE since it was in 2.x. GNOME just always felt a little wrong. Amarok, KStars, and Konqueror are quite frankly the best at what they do.

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/09/10 09:44 PM
I know a lot of people who would quit their jobs. I would do the opposite: buy enough shares of the company that laid me off to screw over the people who screwed ME, then actually enjoy going back to work.

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/09/10 12:14 PM
The US government won't audit the Federal Reserve, why should we be surprised they can't audit another country's money?

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/09/10 12:12 PM
My feelings on the matter: http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2009/8/5/how-to-set-someone-straight.html

arcxjo's photo
Sun 06/06/10 06:47 PM
"Slug" like a bullet? A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

arcxjo's photo
Sun 06/06/10 12:00 PM
Marvin. Marv. El Marverino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 06/04/10 08:59 AM

It was not a bribe.

It was a job offer.

You cannot make it what it isn't.

bribe /braɪb/ n.
1. money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, esp. in that person's performance as an athlete, public official, etc.

When an "offer" comes with strings attached, it = bribe. And when a bribe is attached to an offer of federal employment, it's a federal felony.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 06/04/10 08:55 AM
and let me guess...this is exclusive to the Democratic party...

Probably not, but the "everyone else was doing it!" defense doesn't make bribery and election tampering any more legal and unimpeachable any more than it gets you out of a speeding ticket.

that was not said to defend anyone and i'm sure election tampering could spark an awful long debate here...or are we still in denial about that?

i just think it is funny how anyone can sit here after two terms of the most corrupt and ill-moralled administrations in the history of this country and point fingers at anyone else...glass houses?

I never defended anyone. *I* said that what's wrong when someone you don't like does it is wrong when someone you *do* does it. You seem to be the one diverting the argument who thinks legality is purely relative.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 06/04/10 08:52 AM

Republicans have been doing this since george washingon...where have you been?

As a bit of a history buff, I'm not sure who this "washingon" guy is, but the first president under the current United States Constitution, George Washington died in 1799. The Republican Party wasn't formed until 1854.

If you still can't figure out why you were wrong there, I'm not going to explain it any further, because I can't draw you a pretty little picture in this space, and words probably aren't your strong suit.

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/02/10 09:44 PM

and let me guess...this is exclusive to the Democratic party...

Probably not, but the "everyone else was doing it!" defense doesn't make bribery and election tampering any more legal and unimpeachable any more than it gets you out of a speeding ticket.

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/02/10 09:42 PM
I'm in Pennsylvania, so I know about the Sestak case: like all of Obama's problems, it's all Bush's fault; if he hadn't been in office so long, Specter could put on his Democrat suit much earlier, and then this election wouldn't have been necessary.

arcxjo's photo
Wed 06/02/10 09:39 PM
Wouldn't the extra fuel consumption and (wear on your vehicle) caused by repeatedly cycling the engine down and up completely offset the few drops of gas you'd burn waiting twenty seconds for the light to turn?

Also, the way I drive is with the windows down, then if I do come to a redlight, I turn the air conditioner on until traffic starts and I get natural airflow again. If the engine shuts down, the air conditioner won't run. But I guess that would reverse global warming and I wouldn't need it, right?

arcxjo's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:34 PM
While he's going through your wallet: "Hey, he IS an organ donor!"

arcxjo's photo
Tue 06/01/10 08:19 PM
Donnie Iris's and Steely Dan's entire corpora.

arcxjo's photo
Tue 06/01/10 08:14 PM
Here I thought communists hated czars. And Obama can't be both Muslim AND a member of that crazy Jeremiah Wright church.

Previous 1