Community > Posts By > arcxjo

arcxjo's photo
Tue 06/01/10 06:25 PM
Easy, the original sour mash: Old Crow.

arcxjo's photo
Sun 05/30/10 12:14 PM
This is why I'm a registered Libertarian and generally vote for whoever promises the LEAST during the campaign season. Because everything they promise to DO they #@$! up.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 05/28/10 09:42 PM
Edited by arcxjo on Fri 05/28/10 09:43 PM
Essentially, it's a marketing ploy (and by "marketing ploy" I mean "borderline fraud") to drag you into a site that makes you pay to do anything substantial, but they can't keep making money off you if you get what you came there for. So they throw up a bunch of shills, or keep old ones that no longer use the site, to give the illusion of a deeper pool to choose from.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 05/28/10 02:53 PM
What, like a walk-in microwave oven? More efficient airport security AND a quick way to render armfuls of frozen pizzas edible: I can't imagine America saying no to that.

arcxjo's photo
Fri 05/28/10 11:17 AM
Mitch Cohen & Mickey Crabbe - "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow"

arcxjo's photo
Thu 05/27/10 03:09 PM
Actually, the law only directs police officers to verify immigration status with the federal government pursuant to federal law (specifically, 8 USC 1373(c), which already requires federal agents to respond to such requests). And even then, they have to have reasonable suspicion, like no Arizona- or other state-issued driver's license when they get pulled over, or getting into a van that someone stops in the middle of the road looking to hire short-term workers.

Any alien in Arizona can easily avoid prosecution by following 8 USC 1304 (e), which requires that "Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him" and makes failure to do so punishable by thirty days in federal prison. Well, any one who HAS a green card can.

I don't know why I have to clear up the record like this, though. Obviously you already know all of this, because you wouldn't criticize a law you hadn't read first.

arcxjo's photo
Thu 05/27/10 01:13 PM
A profile on a dating site is essentially a sales pitch to potential dating partners, and it's intended to show off the best aspects of the person you're trying to entice other people to date (i.e., YOU). Now, it's a fact of life that many men will not want to date women who have children to other men (although others may be more forgiving), but of course the worst thing you can do if you DO have children is try to hide that fact and spring it on him later. You do want to be essentially honest, even if it means highlighting your better qualities over others. And, men being visually-driven, will generally put a good deal of stock in photographs (and as an aside, we know all the trick-angles you ladies use to hide your build, you're not that clever). So what you want to do is have photos that show YOU in a good, but honest light.

So, if you have pictures of your kids that also have YOU in them, that's probably the ideal (at the very least it will weed out the men who are adamantly anti-kid, which you might get upset about, but in the long run you'll be glad you didn't waste your time there). BUT, you also want to make sure those pictures show off why a guy would want to spend time with YOU. So, for instance, don't use a picture that's just you sitting on a couch holding a baby, or 3/4 of each of your faces squeezed together that you obviously took yourself (both of which I can tell you there are already too many of out there). Instead, use one of the two of you outside somewhere doing something fun, like going to the zoo or a baseball game or something similar.

But, for the love of God, DON'T put up pictures of JUST YOUR KIDS, or like RowBaby said, that a pedophile might want to look at. I say this out of common-sense application of the main rule of my post, which is that you want to highlight the person you want men to date, and hopefully you want new men to date YOU, and not YOUR KID. That said, you also shouldn't lose sleep over the possibility that someone might be cruising dating profiles looking for kids. If someone's interested in little kids, he probably knows of plenty of other places he can look for just that without having to sift through a bunch of ugly 19 year-old girls to turn him off.

2 Next