Community > Posts By > wanting1forlife

wanting1forlife's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:43 PM
had a typical day and a much better night! just a hello to all at the end of this st.paddys dayhappy

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 07:01 PM
this is to see if anyone has a sense of humor. No not some highbrow overthought one, but the one that makes us laugh at Austin Powers etc.. I see everyone write that they have a good sense of humor, but maybe only if it is funny to their friends too. I hope everyone isn't a programmed drone.

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 06:52 PM
Ok, just kidding, but if I got you to smile or laugh then my work here is done! I think my next book will be one to make people laugh, although the one I just did does have a happy ending:smile:

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 01:11 PM

Oh, and that would be go "to" school--I didn't "do" school...

Oh thank you so much for the best laugh of the day!!!Glad you straigtened that out!laugh

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 01:09 PM
I would rather be stabbed in the face (literally) than stabbed in the back. Lies hurt and that pain doesn't heal as fast. Sadly most people will lie to get what they want and it sucks.

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 01:06 PM
I think one of the biggest problems is distances. I have met some very nice ladies, but long distance is just a killer.(one was in Germany!) School days were easy, you knew they lived close!:wink:

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 12:58 PM

DO I HAVE TO SHOUT TO MAKE YOU GUYS NOTICE??? There are SOME normal ones out there... laugh laugh laugh

I am not doubting you one bit, but there are a plethora of...well lets just say, less than normal ones too!:wink:

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 12:50 PM
lol catfish!! I have to agree with you on some of what you said. I have met a lot of women that have partied hard and just seem to have given up. Now they want a nice guy to be there when they couldn't have cared less back in the day. I am still the nice guy, but I won't be walked on or used.

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 12:07 PM
I thank you all for your insight, and to see there are so many desirable people out there still looking. I guess I won't sign up for the geeky losers club just yet!:wink:

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 12:01 PM
It looks as if I am not out in the cold alone at least! I would like to add that I am not miserable, my life is actually very good and I enjoy it a lot. I guess it would just be a nice addition to have someone to enjoy it withhappy

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 11:52 AM
I think the $$ would get the woman, but not one I would want!

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 11:48 AM
Ok, I am going to ask you all, hopefully I will get some insight. I got divorced 7 years ago, since then I have found dating to be for the most part unproductive. The couple women that I really loved lived far away and it was impossible to maintain the relationships. I am about ready to just give up and become a monk or something. Am I alone, or is this just the way life is?

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 03/16/08 11:42 AM
Interesting to see this topic today. I was talking with my brother last night(he is a producer and has had more women than I can count). We talked about the "bad boy" image and how so many women want that image, but to find a really nice guy inside. Could be that he is trying to attract with the image, but is a nice guy. Time will tell as has been said previously.

wanting1forlife's photo
Thu 03/13/08 05:22 PM
Thank you to all who read my post. I wish only the best for all of you, true happiness and love from those that mean a lot to youhappy

wanting1forlife's photo
Thu 03/13/08 04:52 PM
Although there are always trying circumstances in our lives, I think it is easy to forget that we have a lot to appreciate. Three weeks ago I crashed hard on a ski jump, was unconscious for at leat 5 minutes. I found out later that I had a 50/50 chance of surviving the first night(glad I didn't know then!)So my ski season ended and now I have to take it easy for another month. At first I hated it, but now I take the time to appreciate where I am and the life I have. My point to all of this?? Don't take one day for granted, or the people that really care about you!!!

wanting1forlife's photo
Wed 03/05/08 08:09 PM
Hard for it to sound like it, but I am not bitter, possibly a bit jaded though. I have always believed that if someone cared they told it like it was. No matter... I will still do that even if I am the last man on earth.

wanting1forlife's photo
Wed 03/05/08 07:53 PM
well, well, I guess I hit a nerve........I have always been a fan of women, that they were somehow better than us stupid, hormone driven men. But they can manipulate us and take advantage on the same level as the lower dwellers of our gender. I suppose everyone needs to have their eyes opened. btw, I hate to generalize, but it seems to be a reality lately.

wanting1forlife's photo
Wed 03/05/08 07:31 PM
I guess I am just naive, I thought that there were women out there that really wanted something better. I have always thought that people wanted to find their soulmate..guess not. It sucks that those of us that believe there is a chance of finding real love just find disappointment.

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 02/10/08 08:19 AM
Thank you to all of you who have looked and especially for your kind comments! happy This is the first printing, and probably will need some revision, but I am too excited to wait to tell people until it is perfect.

wanting1forlife's photo
Sun 02/10/08 07:46 AM
I just wanted to say that I finished the book I started 8 years ago!! It is called "Justus Walken" and deals with domestic violence. I really believe that if you, or someone you know has been abused it is a book you will not easily put down. You can see it on the LULU webpage, just type in the title to check it out!

Previous 1 3 4