Community > Posts By > Dempcey

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 07:46 PM
Edited by Dempcey on Tue 12/29/09 07:51 PM
My personal red flags:

1) Too many "I"'s and "Me"'s in the writen profile.
2) A pitch or sales tactic. "I make loads of money, I'm good looking, I have an expensive car" etc.
3) Saying too many things that some men think a woman wants to hear: "I'm sensitive, open, like talking, long walks etc. etc.
4) Speaking of ex's or an ex.
5) Vanity.
6) Perverted mind. I love an sexual man, but not pervs.
7) No photo. Not saying this for all those that don't have a photo posted, but in my experience online, no photo means they aren't secure with their looks and think that I can be won over on charm alone, married, and or cheating on a S.O.

P.S. krupa actually I find your legs pic to be rather entertaining. For me at least it show self confidence and humor. Love it sincerely!
Cheers

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 07:08 PM

... Those attraction triggers can reduce us ALL to babblin', Jr High idjits in a hopeless crush and w/ out a lick of common sense, mush for brains!

... I believe it is not so much what 'our heart' wants that rushes us in where angels fear to tread ...

... More an ideation of what we WANT that available person to BE, and the lust and desire that generates, transposed onto this random being's identity ... that actually hasn't what we seek in the least, never did and never will!

Then, too late! Our entire, inner chemistry lab and very being are overtaken, down into the 'Tsunami of Stupidity'!

In the end? ... We chose badly!

Just wishful and delusional, majikal thinking that can put us so far DOWN under, in our own spell, that we throw ourselves from the highest cliff, dashed on the rocks below ... (metaphorically speaking, of course ...)!

Wisdom is a hard earned treasure; I'm glad your children are learning by example, that your errors have actually taken on such meaning! I pray the same for my daughter, times infinity!!!

History CAN teach! TY!

I understand what you are saying, truly, but my womanhood will not run my emotions either. I see lust and chemistry for what it is and thankful for it. It makes me feel alive, but I know how to separate love from lust, and chemistry from the "right one".

Nothing like a good instant chemistry thing and yes it can make us act out of character, but to what degree? Self discipline coupled with that blessed wisdom is core.

Please don't think I was aiming my post at you Hon, I tend to speak more to myself as to remind myself who I am and where I came from. I don't mind anyone else getting any understanding or another view on an issue as well as I have enjoyed your thoughts! :wink:

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 06:41 PM
A 75 year old man and his 70 year old wife had been married well over 40 years.

One day the wife goes in for her yearly check up.
She is cheered and gitty when her doctor tells her she has the breast of an eighteen year old.

She practically skips home in joy.
When she arrives home she finds her husband in his easy chair behind the newspaper.

She says: "Honey guess what!?"

He asks: "What?"

She says: "The doctor told me I have breast of an eighteen year old!"

He replies: "Oh? What did he say about your ninety-five year old ***?"

She replies: "Oh Honey we didn't talk about you."

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 06:28 PM
Excuse me, but generalize much?

Quote: 1.the tattoes and piercings thing I already mentioned"

Please don't call me a walking talking red flag due to my choices with my own body.

I don't disrespect those that don't care for them, to each is own.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 06:22 PM
I'm well Hon - no worries. I just can't ride horses anymore mad

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 05:33 PM
Edited by Dempcey on Tue 12/29/09 05:34 PM
No.
You ever watch Sponge Bob Square Pants?

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 05:29 PM
If there is one thing I have learned it's this: An individual gets him or herself into at least 70% of all their trials, drama and even severe trouble, the other 30% can be attributed to things out of our control.

I also know full well that we are the rulers of our own emotions. I don't believe we can stop the emotions from hitting us like a mac truck, but once struck we can decide what to do with it from there. People say all the time "You can't help who you love". Oh? How can we stop ourselves from punching an idiot in the mouth that just angered us to a high degree?

My point here is that too many start a relationship with the wrong person and they deny the fact for the heart wants what it wants at the moment. It is our jobs to tell our hearts to sit down, have a coke and a smile and shut the "bleep" up. It will get what it needs not what it wants. Should we choose to ignore red flags and proceed anyways then in the beginning we should have prepared ourselves for the disappointment surely to come and move on like a champ.

No it's not that easy, it took me 30 years to figure this out and train myself, but it is an honor to see that my three children have gained the wisdom I wish I had had when I started off in this world.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 05:11 PM

hmm, I didn't mean to be such an ***. Was a slip of the pen (keyboard). Didn't came out the way it should be. Or better: I should have said nothing at all. I am sorry...

Funny how I still hear this and yet the result is the same:
"What's that there you have? Can I SEE more?" drool dripping from the side of the mouth.

Besides, there is wonderful makeup to hide tat's when needed to be hidden. A lovely evening gown is just not right with exposing tat's on a formal occasion (or at least to me in mine).

Teeth are always a plus, it makes for better chewing and digestion, eh but I have a fairly good sense of humor about such things. As long as a man got dentures, bridges etc. I'm good to go.

Now the pulling of the dentures out as my step dad anywhere at any time...no I could not hang. What was my mother thinking? No wonder I am mental.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 01:36 PM
I had to literally break my back to become lucky (retired), but I wouldn't suggest trying that at home laugh

Hello FindMe1113happy

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 12:00 PM
Depends to whom I am speaking Barend, casual or formal :wink:
I think of home as good ol' "Cali" though.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 11:53 AM
The thing about moving, there will always be that same person there... which is you. Change your own attitude and your environment will change eventually as well. Growth. Those that don't understand, respect or are aware of your personal growth are the ones stuck in the runt not you.

A fresh start is good if one is looking to down size or upgrade, from country to city or vice versa. Moves for careers or the sense of adventure.

People are people no matter where in the world you go, sure a little different cultures and customs, but still the same people.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 11:44 AM
Does the removal of wisdom teeth count? indifferent

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 11:34 AM
I smell more than smoke in this, but rather a rat (The notorious must find something to complain about neighbor).
You pay for your unit and been there before her, this is up to your landlord to rectify and not for you to stand out side in the cold.

A or a few well placed small fans could easily do the trick, or if it really concerns you get a smokeless ashtray that. Cheers

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 08:20 AM
Been writing a novel for the last past three years. Haven't decided if I will try to have it published or just turn it into "National Novel Writing Month" and call it a day.

After having finished it (the hard work that detailed) I can't see myself going through the further hard work to have it published. My writing is more therapy and boredom killer than anything, but I must admit that making a few pennies off of it wouldn't be a tragedy.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 08:09 AM
Hostile to Stupidity!pitchfork
Approach with common sense.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 12/29/09 08:01 AM
Edited by Dempcey on Tue 12/29/09 08:02 AM
When dealing with two mature adults, the same thing my own gender wants: love, security, compromise, good communication, trust, honestly, respect, friendship, good sex life, companionship, and a boat load of understanding.

It's the navigating through all the strange weeds in the garden to find the mature adults that is the issue from my experience.

Dempcey's photo
Mon 12/28/09 12:18 PM
Thank you all kindly!:smile:
Cheers

Dempcey's photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:44 AM
Name the time and place.

Dempcey's photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:40 AM
Red flag? More like a "Time Bomb" with a lit fuse to me.

Besides just good common sense, most every dating advice manual will say "AVOID talking about your ex / ex's". It is a turn off and reveals that you are not over your ex. There has to be some truth to that for why would anyone spend so much energy and time on their ex IF they don't have them on the brain?

Dempcey's photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:31 AM
There is some positive in the negative: One could look at it as a train wreck avoided. Meaning they exposed their immaturity and or ill temper and by exposing themselves off the top...you dodge them.