Community > Posts By > Dempcey

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/07/10 03:36 PM
Well sure, I don't think any of us in our right minds having some kind of sensitivity have tip toed through this life escaping such an emotion or feeling to some degree.

In fact I think it is a character builder: It's what we do about it when it crosses our paths that make us or break us.

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/07/10 03:25 PM

It was the most difficult thing I ever had to endure. Now, I look back on it and wonder why I gave a hoot.yawn
AMEN!

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/06/10 03:20 PM
Oh this is easy.

The first thing that pops into my little mind is "Free at last free at last thank God All Mighty! I'm FREE AT LAST!"

When a nasty bit of person exposes their hand: liar, cheater, twit etc etc I'm very happy to be shot of them rather than mourn a relationship that was never "true".

I promptly dispose of any item of the twit's including anything that might remind me of them. I make a sort of party out of it, playing joyous music and chucking the wears, goods and material items into a box performing a little dance around the box as children do. I see how many points I can collect from a distance while taking free shots into the box from a distance. I then leave the box in a secure place, but in a place I will not have to see or deal with the twit.

Once that is done I remove his phone number/s from my celly, his email address from my email accounts and remove him from any other online site he might be.

Finally I tell my heart to have a Coke and a smile and to shut the hell up. It will get what it needs NOT what it wants.

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/06/10 03:11 PM
Sure this is not going to be helpful and is going to make me look like a twit, but here goes.

A New Years date really hasn't any chance of developing. Reason being is my New Years date is a spontaneous, last minute choice made by a man and myself to spend the evening together and a rather romantic evening. Romantic in the sense that everything about the evening is "romantic".

I don't choose a date with any expectations other than a kiss at the strike of midnight. To stay in continuous contact, to try to make something develop with the New Years date would kill the romance of the evening.

A kind of one night stand for me. With that said I can't believe I am the only person in the world with the same idea and or tradition.

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/06/10 02:57 PM

Watch out for falling pianos.
Zombieland? laugh

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/06/10 01:31 AM

well i dont know what the ladies want (or other guys for that matter) i guess that is obvious since im here but i am very open and honest and have a lot of respect for people that deserve it i have never cheated on anyone and like to treat my sigificant other like gold or something and im not a horribly ugly guy (i get hit on kinda often) so attraction does have something to do with it i mean im not going to be like wow that girl is really ugly im going to go talk to her although if the person is cool and we get along well looks dont matter anymore i think i would like to find a girl with these qualities if there is such a thing hope this helped your disscussion
Great attitude and appreciated at least by me flowerforyou Now if you were just 10 years older....

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/06/10 01:06 AM
Knowing is more than half the battle won.
I too have been experiencing the same and damn near the same amount of time.

I don't call it stall though, I call it content and won't be moved by anyone, but the right one (man).

Age and life experience tend to make us slow down and "see" and "understand". With more maturity under me belt, 3 grown children, a boat load of "been there, done that" what in the world do I need to rev the engine for?

Nah idle is just fine, not "off" and not driving around aimlessly. flowerforyou

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/06/10 12:56 AM
1) I never stay angry for long. (10 minutes tops, but doesn't mean I'll let the person who upset me know - might let them suffer depending on the situation pitchfork ). Not to much can upset me sincerely.

2) Hard on myself (mentally.)I do not want, need or allow negativity to dwell in my head.

3) Most content with myself, by myself and doing fine by myself. Drama FREE! Won't even tolerate drama of my own - will nip it in the bud!

Dempcey's photo
Mon 01/04/10 02:35 AM
The thing is, if one keeps attracting the same kind of man/woman they should have a better look at themselves rather than the opposite sex.

Everything you mentioned is not a man, but an immature male with a lack of understanding and in need of life experience.

A grown mature man is quite capable of thinking of a woman, her needs, feelings, and desires as well as his own. I dare say most grown mature men go out of their way to please the woman they are with if even for one night.

Dempcey's photo
Sun 01/03/10 02:15 AM
In the middle of the night...
When it is dark and quiet...
And I'm half asleep...
I still check that the toilet seat is down before I sit.

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 01:08 PM
Only tradition in my family is one LARGE bottle of some fine liquor is bought November 1st and shared throughout the following holidays. The last shots of the bottle are drank at the stroke of New Years followed up by many kisses, ones date (providing one has one) receiving the first kiss, but no one is going without a kiss!

This bottle is known as the "Family Holiday Spirits". The first folk to take a shot from it give toast to those that could not be with us and to those that have past. There after it is used when there is cheer to be had (no bad spirits allowed).

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 12:51 PM

Do you like getting dressed up and going somewhere fancy? Would you rather keep things casual? Do you like spending a lot of money on dates, or do you try to keep them free/cheap? Examples are great.

A date to me is when a male friend of mine calls me up and says "Get dressed you old hag! We're going boating." or where ever he had planned for us. Someone I already know and the pair of us already know we enjoy spending time together.

I don't "date". I have found that people tend to be on their best behavior in every sense on "dates", or too tense and or nervous including myself at times to really get to know the other. I just think of meeting someone as a gathering, a social event.

With that said, money or the spending of the crude green stuff isn't even on my mind. Where we go is of no concern to me either for it is all about getting to know a new person and hopefully making a friend. That being the case where ever we are will fall out of focus (blurred) and a waste of effort to plan and or money.

My surroundings can't put me into any "mood' the only one that can put me in a mood is myself and my partner for the day / evening, which I hope is positive and I can do the same for him.

Course I'm not opposed to any random, spontaneous get together either. What I like on any get together is the person I am with.

Suggestions: I'm afraid that all depends on the people involved and what makes them most comfortable and able to enjoy one another.

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 12:14 PM

If I just had the news from my Doc,,that I had one more year to live.

and all I wanted to do with my last time was to share it with YOU..

What would YOU say?

shocked scared surprised scared

"IF" is the key word indeed here: If we were already friends then this would be an honor and bitter sweet burden for me.

I have a life and I am most content in it. Here is the burden.

However the first question that popped into my little twisted brain was "Why me of all the people in the world?"blushing There is the honor.

This damned thing beating in my chest would make me halt "my life" and turn it into "our life" for this ol' heart of mine would NOT give me any peace if I did not.

I would see to it that your world was filled with all the joys and wonders this life can offer. I would always find time for you whenever you needed me and I would never ever allow you time to feel sorry for yourself.

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 11:56 AM
Edited by Dempcey on Fri 01/01/10 12:04 PM

i'm an atheist and don't want to get married,would you still date me?...just askin no biggie

I'm Christian and yes I would.
Treat me with respect and I will you.
Whatever you give me is what you would receive in return, providing we were a match to start with winking

Let me also add I haven't any desire to "change" anyone on any matter, subject or issue. Not my job as a person or Christian. Besides I'm far too lazy and have enough to deal with just dealing with me and making myself a better and more pleasant person.

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 11:36 AM
And may no one or nothing steal your joy!
Cheers

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 11:35 AM

The last 2 I've met have lied about there age. I think older wiser. And why lie? The truth always comes out.
Perhaps a little insecurity, but to me more so immaturity. It's far easier to play games like this on dating sites.
When I think of "older is wiser" I think of Elders...you know someone in their 70's plus for I know many 50 - 60 year olds that have far more game than some 20 years olds.

Yes the truth always comes out, course some lies don't get exposed for decades.

Eh liars are liars, and any lie should be a deal breaker. It's far easier to ask "Can we not talk about this right now?" But in the matter of age, there is only one answer,.. the correct answer.

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 11:18 AM

Chicks who use soap when they bathe smell so awesome.:tongue:
LOL that is always a plus, but Hon sometimes even soap can make one smell bad if it doesn't mesh with ones chemistry. Careful what you ask for :tongue:

Dempcey's photo
Fri 01/01/10 10:43 AM

grumble ... Meh! I still say they only want me for my chocolates! ... :tongue:
Well Honey you can't dangle chocolates in front of a choc-o-holic and expect them not to fancy the goodies :banana: Besides chocolate has a property of making one feel in love. Or at least that's what Willy Wonka said lol.

Goofball73: Was it something I said? laugh

special_guy: Your welcome into my mind any time. :wink:

Dempcey's photo
Thu 12/31/09 02:44 PM
Dancere my Dear you have overloaded this drunken monkey :tongue:
I have 101 questions for you, but my mind won't let me put them in order (liquor is a beach). WOOHOO 2010 and I'm still here and happy!

I have forgotten so much. 2000! Wow, that is an interesting piece of information sincerely. I have much more respect for this subject.

Men's sweat ...yeah, the original arousal pheromones, I advise you stock up!
I'm working on that Hon!!!

The sites you suggested I will have to hit up when my mind is clear, but I will be getting to them by Saturday :wink: Do my homework if you like.

Dempcey's photo
Thu 12/31/09 02:34 PM
It's new years eve and I've had a drinkie poo or two so bare with me:
I've been mulling over this question for a while for I think it deserves more respect than what I previously gave it.

It depends on the man and how we mesh. The men I choose to spend time with (them with me) are special in their own way. Some look for guidance, reassurance and T.L.C. Some need or want a strong, independent, beach I can be. Some need nothing more than a good laugh and a complete and utter lack of seriousness. Some, an unspoken truth...nothing more need to be said than what was with our eyes when met. Sometimes a combination.

Bedroom? Naturally...from my experience men reveal a great deal about themselves and how they feel about the woman they are with while in the act. Oh yes I think sex is on the brain with men, but not necessarily in the negative way some try to portray it.

Ah hell I'm right back to my original reply: They want the same things women want.