Community > Posts By > Cali66

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 09:02 AM
I brought it up so the complainers would have something else to complain about...

Didn't take long now did it.:laughing:

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 09:01 AM

its funny.. I've seen people walk by my house with shopping carts... The store doesnt really mind as long as they take them back. One good thing to come out of the gas prices is people are going to walk more.. Gotta look for the positive right?
laugh maybe they used to have a car thats why they are now homeless and walk

rofl

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 08:55 AM
I guess you had a point-?

Now I don't know if that was neg. or pos. and,

I don't choose nor want to try and figure out what you are going for with that comment. Nor do I appreciate you quoting me, and adding a sentence in the middle of my post.
Repaste with a response after the initial quote is suffice. Clarity should be a prime objective when quoting someone.

Factual based comments/posts are actually more effective when addressing/responding to me.

Taking a complete emotional stand only gives me an idea of why now----

You are deemed as not worthy of any further reviews from me.

Cheers-

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 08:31 AM
how much did someone quote for eggs on here?? LOL.. they sell eggs at the 99cent store.. for hold on to your seat..

99 cents a dozen.. lol

people just like to complain... you people that can't afford to shop in the reg. grocery store shop in the 99cent store.. everything is 99 cents. k.
problem solved.

Next issue-

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 08:19 AM
Eh, my teens went back to school 3 weeks ago. One is a Junior and the other a Senior in H.S.

My Daughter started College this summer though, so she is doing her senior year in H.S. and college at the same time. Sorta a crazy schedule for me.

You all with young kids have no idea what kinda crazy it is about to get for ya. When they get older you will wish you had that little kid back instead of the pre-teen and teen issues.

As they get older they get involved in so many different things. And guess what-if you decide to be active and keep them within adult supervision at all times possible,

you are going to be busy as heck. Because that takes serious involvement in their lives. It is no more about playing in the sand with army men and indians. NOPERS... they want learners permits, and to 'hang out at the mall' :: gasp ::

Is their friend bulemic? Are they spiritual?
Do they practice voo doo, are they torturing the neighbors cat?.. no seriously.. teenagers nowdays-- eeeeeek.. analyzing behaviors, eh to much for me...
Knowing who is who in their social lives, do my kids friends have responsible parents?
etc..
pain in the back side.
I'm glad I'm almost done and lived through it to talk about it.
Raising kids is tough... I don't advise this venture to anyone. slaphead

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 07:54 AM
You can say anything you want, but the President is George Bush last time I checked.

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 06:40 AM
ya know what would be interesting right about now, seeing someone @ the RNC speak George's name ONE time......Republicans-Mavericks-United?
They can't even whisper the President's name? Bush is Republican last time I checked.

Bill spoke @ the DNC... and mentioned Obama many times over. Well all the speakers did. eh, the RNC is sorta strange to me, but interesting. I like watching it all.

We will see today/tonight--if his name is uttered. He was on Satellite eh? He looked a tad uncomfortable? no?

and, if they can do this ONCE--

speak about the economy.. Just once...

Did I miss those two things? Was I on a 'P' break or something? Just wondering.

They should of bought(not brought) people to fill the seats.

Cheers-

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 06:23 AM
spock

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 04:14 AM
Obama is 47. Does he need to be geriatric to be considered a Presidential Candidate?

NO. Bill Clinton was not Geriatric. And brought our country out of a recession if you can't recall look it up. Then good ole' George came along and our economy is getting flushed down the toilet again. After years of hard work Bill put in turning our economy around.

You can dig cracks on any Candidate or former President. But did they help you live your life easier? So you tell me about Obama and his age, and his experience ok. Get to typing because I am...
________

In October 2002, before being elected to the U.S. Senate, Barack Obama made a speech opposing the Bush Administration's plan to go to war in Iraq because he felt it was an ill-conceived venture which would "require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undermined cost, with undetermined consequences." To set a new course for U.S. policy that can bring a responsible end to the war, Senator Obama introduced the Iraq War De-escalation Act in January 2007. He opposes funding for the war in Iraq that does not immediately begin the responsible removal of our troops from Iraq, with a clear timeline and end-date for this drawdown.

Foreign Policy
As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Obama has fought to strengthen America's position in the world by reaching across the aisle in an effort to prevent nuclear terrorism and weapons proliferation, stop the genocide in Darfur, and reduce global poverty.

Environment
As a member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in the 109th Congress, Senator Obama worked to ensure our nation's environmental laws and policies balance America's needs for a healthy, sustainable environment with economic growth. He will continue to push for sound environmental policies with his colleagues in the 110th Congress.

Education
As a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, Senator Obama is committed to providing every American with the opportunity to receive a quality education from pre-kindergarten to college or vocational school to job retraining programs.

Veterans
As a member of the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, Senator Obama is committed to helping the heroes who defend our nation today and the veterans who fought in years past.

Ethics and Lobbying Reform

Throughout his political career, Barack Obama has fought for open and honest government. As an Illinois State Senator, he helped pass the state’s first major ethics reform bill in 25 years. And as a U.S. Senator, he has spearheaded the effort to clean up Washington in the wake of numerous scandals.

Speeches
Obama: Culture in Washington Must Change, Implement Tough Ethics Reform
August 2, 2007

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) today delivered the following remarks on the Senate floor in support of the Honest Government and Leadership Act. This legislation would provide increased transparency and accountability, reduce the influence of lobbyists and special interests, and bring about the concrete changes we need in Washington. In January, Obama joined with Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) to introduce Lobbying and Ethics Reform Act, which set a standard for strong ethics legislation this Congress.
----------------

There are so many other speeches but that one was suffice,

yes, I could go on and on.... yes so apparently he is adult enough. He is adult enough to fight for your rights in congress, and anywhere else he needs to because it is what he does.

:: sigh ::

All these facts are from a credible source.

www.senate.gov

I am not typing emotionally on Obama, I am typing factually.-- I quoted exactly what was stated. Go see for yourself that is all word for word from the U.S. Senate website.

Cheers-

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:47 AM

And you now have been deemed not worthy of my further review of your posts.

sorry that's just one of the funniest things I've heard in here

ha... shades

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:42 AM

Who is more qualified to be president?

Obama is older but has no executive management experience.
He was one of 59 IL state senators and US senator since 2005.

Palin is younger but has served 2 years as the chief
executive of Alaska as governor. Alaska is our largest
state with a 2005 gross state product was $39.9 billion. Its per-capita GSP for 2006 was $43,748, 5th in the nation.

Is the argument that Palin is in a better position than
Obama to be president a valid one?

Ya sure it was 2005?

Fact: Obama was elected into the U.S. Senate in 2004
Fact: Obama is a Candidate for President of the U.S.
Fact: Palin is a running mate for Presidential Candidate McCain....

Entertaining your idea, lets look at Obama's education vs. Palin-

Barack put law school and corporate life on hold after college and moved to Chicago in 1985, where he became a community organizer with a church-based group seeking to improve living conditions in poor neighborhoods plagued with crime and high unemployment.

The group had some success, but Barack had come to realize that in order to truly improve the lives of people in that community and other communities, it would take not just a change at the local level, but a change in our laws and in our politics.

He went on to earn his law degree from Harvard in 1991, where he became the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. Soon after, he returned to Chicago to practice as a civil rights lawyer and teach constitutional law. Finally, his advocacy work led him to run for the Illinois State Senate, where he served for eight years. In 2004, he became the third African American since Reconstruction to be elected to the U.S. Senate.

Ok now hers.. :/

She received a bachelor of science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987. Palin, who graduated from Wasilla High School in 1982, has lived in Skagway, Eagle River and Wasilla.

Now on experience?
Obama

In the Illinois State Senate, this meant working with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. He also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama worked with law enforcement officials to require the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

In the U.S. Senate, he has focused on tackling the challenges of a globalized, 21st century world with fresh thinking and a politics that no longer settles for the lowest common denominator. His first law was passed with Republican Tom Coburn, a measure to rebuild trust in government by allowing every American to go online and see how and where every dime of their tax dollars is spent. He has also been the lead voice in championing ethics reform that would root out Jack Abramoff-style corruption in Congress.

As a member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, Senator Obama has fought to help Illinois veterans get the disability pay they were promised, while working to prepare the VA for the return of the thousands of veterans who will need care after Iraq and Afghanistan. Recognizing the terrorist threat posed by weapons of mass destruction, he traveled to Russia with Republican **** Lugar to begin a new generation of non-proliferation efforts designed to find and secure deadly weapons around the world. And knowing the threat we face to our economy and our security from America's addiction to oil, he's working to bring auto companies, unions, farmers, businesses and politicians of both parties together to promote the greater use of alternative fuels and higher fuel standards in our cars.

Whether it's the poverty exposed by Katrina, the genocide in Darfur, or the role of faith in our politics, Barack Obama continues to speak out on the issues that will define America in the 21st century

Ok Palin...
Wait, she isn't on the U.S. senate is she?

ok lets put up her STATE government stats since 2006... DEC that is.. she was on the council prior to that for two terms and mayor for two terms.
ok-
She got her passport in 2007, good for her.

Under her leadership, Alaska invested $5 billion in state savings, overhauled education funding, and implemented the Senior Benefits Program that provides support for low-income older Alaskans. She created Alaska’s Petroleum Systems Integrity Office to provide oversight and maintenance of oil and gas equipment, facilities and infrastructure, and the Climate Change Subcabinet to prepare a climate change strategy for Alaska.

During her first legislative session, Governor Palin’s administration passed two major pieces of legislation – an overhaul of the state’s ethics laws and a competitive process to construct a gas pipeline.

Governor Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment. She was recently named chair of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee, which is charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management. Prior to being named to this position, she served as co-chair of this committee.

ok oil and ethics that is great.

yes- I can see the notable reasons she is more qualified.

Are you kidding me---

These posts are ridiculous.

She isn't running for President- and doesn't qualify.
And you now have been deemed not worthy of my further review of your posts.

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 11:51 PM

Is Palin the most qualified person that McCain could have picked?

I am embarrassed that he picked Palin. Can you imagine her as our President? It can happen. He is 72 years old and had cancer four times.

I believe if they become President and Vice-President, he has put our country in jeopardy in the event that he would die.

Other countries must be laughing at us, IMO.

they will not be laughing.

they will be in fear.

as they should.

the world loathes American leadership and resolve.

The world also follows America's lead.

leaders like Mc Cain and Palin are not accidents.

they are National Treasures.

Shame on you.

History is already writing the future.

It will include the greatness of this sovereign people despite itself, and the world watches agape of mouth as this nation vets it's warrior patriots and their rite of passage.

Obama has no right to this.

He is not mature enough to even see it.

Nor can his supporters.

But all shall see it.

It has already happened. LOL

Only the knowing understand this.

Obama has not right to this???? How come? Because you do not agree with him? Last time I checked the U.S. Constitution it stresses that all citizens have equal rights. When did this country become a elitist state? oops forgot that was about 8 years ago.

"Only the knowing understand this." Say What??????? Are you saying those of us who think for ourselves, read, do research, analyze and then make up are minds are not capable of understanding?

A mind is terrible thing to waste....a closed mind is even more of a waste.

Obama has no right to sitting in the chief executive office of this nation so long as he spouts that this nation is deplorably lacking in the resolve to meet tough challenges from those in this world that cannot understand why America is the greatest nation on the face of the earth at anytime in history and writing history every day that the world rightly fears the courage and will and determination of this people to defend itself against aall enemies declaring their ill intents upon this nation and humanity in general.

Coddling each other as though moral equivalence exists in the world is delusional and ignorant of the realities present and dangerously set to debilitate this nation and reduce it to an anarchistic state of confusion founded on the principles of appeasement and concession.

There is no peace in such tactics and such a premise for reasoning worthiness for leadership is mocked by the evil in this world which would welcome such a lapse of judgement by the American people as to elect a man to the highest office of the land without proving his credibility and honor through the trials of time and circumstance falling to all of us.

We do not live in a vacuum. The world is a dangerous place and America is a threat to every demogogue, dictator, and cruel and malevolent power broker vying for greater distinction at the cost of the humble and meek and poor of the world.

Only the knowing understand this.

So sit back and dream while you watch the future told to you unfold.

Obama is closed minded. He would raise your children other than he was raised. What made it possible for him was his parents and their faith in this country, not his own. But he seeks to slap them in the face with his notions of entitlements for all as though all are due it just for being. That is moral equivalence and he was not raised with that moral equivalence.

He intends to know better than his parents and the whole of this nation what is best for this nation.

Bt that is duplicitous. And deceitful and arrogant.

He knows nothing of sacrifice and service by pandering to entitlements for one and all as though government's role was that of parent and not a role of National Security.

He knows nothing, bt thinks he knows better.

He does not preach what he does, he preaches that which is not American.

And that is a closed mind and terribly wasted on the unknowing and unseeing among us.

America is better than that.

So, hide and watch, while the knowing gnaw on you.

As tough as it is, it is love warning you.

60 days left, but you still will know nothing, and make excuses for judgement that scolds your shallow closed mind.

Don't take it too hard.

peace, out.

flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile

Obama is closed minded. He would raise your children other than he was raised. What made it possible for him was his parents and their faith in this country, not his own. But he seeks to slap them in the face with his notions of entitlements for all as though all are due it just for being. That is moral equivalence and he was not raised with that moral equivalence.

He intends to know better than his parents and the whole of this nation what is best for this nation.

This is a perfect example of the things I type about.
1.) Obama did not have parents, he had A PARENT.

You have now been deemed unworthy of my further review of your posts.

Fact-Obama was raised by his Mother and Grandparents at times.- He seen his father once while he was a child.

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 11:37 PM
Most people that comment or post are shirt tail riders. I don't see much of factual based information. Many digs with the mentality 'mine is better then yours' type of thing.

I am neither a registered dem or repub.

I had no idea who I was going to stand behind when this began. I do know I have spent hours/days/weeks/months researching on my own.
My conclusions are not based on a news channel a persons opinion, what someone says in a post.

You all can have some crazy emotional stand with so little facts in your post that leads people with much knowledge on all candidates involved to just sit and wonder --are you being lead around by what you read?
I see so many people quote news-- 'quote others words'
not based on factual sourcing.
This isn't about being right no matter how many people you need to pull up to co-sign your opinion.
This is about getting down to the facts of the matter.
Who is really for us. Who is going to help our economy?
Who in history has done this? Democrats! You can not deny that FACT.
People, know giving an inspirational speech is nice, but you should have substance behind your words.
Get to know these candidates.

Please go to

www.fec.gov
look up how much McCain has taken from PAC's
Federal Election Commission
MCCAIN, JOHN S.
$1,393,985
H. Clinton roughly 1.4 million
Obama less than 1,000-- Not sure why there is any on there- he has clearly stated he will not take monies from interest groups--- it shows clearly the refunds..

But yea the bigger issue is the notable difference in who is being bought. Know-these candidates taking PAC funding for their campaigns are not saying thank you with a hallmark card.

How much Hillary has taken from PAC's..
How much Obama has taken from PAC's..

Pay attention when these candidates are speaking and asked about things that are important.. How many houses do you own?
People, that is a easy question... we can all answer that with ease can't we? Why should anyone say 5, then say- I need to ask my staff?
That is clearly being shifty, or it is a dementia issue, either is a problem.

A Presidential Candidate that is running mainly on his military experience should be able to respond to a question about Al Qaeda? ya think?
And not respond to a question about Al Qaeda with this garbled in the middle, 'the Shiite's and Sunni's,' let alone as both hostiles-as both being linked to Al Qaeda...
This should be very concerning to everyone banking McCain because of his military experience.
He should know the difference between Shia and Sunni...
In McCains OWN words watch the following video.. he speaks towards the middle--

www.vimeo.com/882532

Education should be a concern to us, as well someone cultured. We need someone in the White House that CAN go through paperwork him self.. that is educated to see weaknesses in programs and draws in our monies.
Obama is the first African American to become president of Harvard Law Review. He earned a Law Degree from Harvard Law and soon after left to practice Civil Rights as a Lawyer and Teach as a Professor. He went on to run for Illnois state senate where he served for 8 years.. Then elected to the U.S. Senate in 2004.
McCain's education? Anyone?
We need someone young and full of life-someone known to everyone as a level headed-- democracy first type of leader. Not a hot head. Where has that got us? Our countries military is spread thin-
Please just educate yourself on these candidates.

And these news/medias are intentionally baiting you all if you don't see that or realize this please do.
Know these are diversion stories.

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 03:34 AM
oops Btw, hello she didn't want to be VP....

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 03:33 AM
yea all you pumas - aren't paying attention to hillary and what she said @ the DNC... you all are under cover Repubs...

Most know... You aren't fooling anyone.

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 03:22 AM
Yep, McCain had about a 15 min conversation with her before he choose her for his running mate.. Also she just got her first passport in 2007 I believe. She knows zero about foreign policy/affairs.. has no idea who is doing what in which country... I watched a big debate last night, and the Republican Strategist didn't deny none of those accusations.. Only said she was an excellent executive..

:/

McCain said he would only choose a running mate that was reading to lead the country on Day 1, incase of his death. eh, not sure what he is doing with this choice.
But hey he only has 5,6, 7, 8, 9, 10, houses? Is it more now?
Check out this video everyone wanna laugh? omgosh.... this is really not funny, but his whole presidential candidacy is on war experience, military exp.. ok you have to watch this video ....
www.vimeo.com/882532
copy and paste in your browser
you will see McCains mess up towards the middle

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 03:14 AM
Sorry, www.fec.gov/ I just seen I typO'd that... happy reading

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 03:10 AM
Dang it, where did my post go...

here are some facts for ya,

who is being taken over by moveon.org types?
This is information of www.fec.org/
on Mrs. H. Clinton.. on her primary(?) ha look at the dates she got the financial donations?? yes, she took money from the moveon.org she was quoting to be having a issue with?? Even worse accusing the DNC of it's relations or moving towards their attitudes? ha..
ok Hillary and poster, get your facts straight-this really is more of how things have become a real major disappointment. This is republican extremists trying to divise the Democratic party, it is easy to see. Fox is right wing period. I wouldn't watch them for a apple jacks report.

HA@that post
Presented by the Federal Election Commission

Committees Who Gave To This Candidate
CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM
THE CANDIDATE

Contributor's Name Date Amount Image Number

MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION 07/16/2007 971.00 28990112257
MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION 07/16/2007 971.00 28990112259
MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION 07/16/2007 1156.00 28990112253
MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION 07/16/2007 4273.00 28990112252

The more you know

*smile*

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 02:44 AM
And btw do you even know what you are actually quoting? spock

Do you know what moveon.org is? That quote is so irrelevant.

People should really know what they are standing behind, specially if it is something they are quoting...whoa

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/03/08 02:41 AM
lol@ sourcing anyone that has anything to do with fox tv whatsoever... they are right wing as it gets... LOL

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25