Community > Posts By > Narlycarnk

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 05/05/19 04:57 AM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Sun 05/05/19 05:14 AM
Believe in truth, and the Spirit of G-d will be With you on the most intimate level. Seek truth, by using the Principle of Charity. What are your own experiences of truth?

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 05/05/19 04:36 AM
Sin is evil with a warning label on it. It is not a requirement of worship in order to fit in with the group.

Marriage is a covenant between God, people, family, and friends.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 05/03/19 03:25 PM
I am wondering if my dad has expectations that I am not aware of, that I may not live up to.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 05/03/19 11:56 AM
Sex without marriage is not a definite sin. There are other things many people including me do every day that are definite sins.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 05/03/19 08:59 AM
It was more of a sin in the past than it is today, mainly because today consequences are unlikely to carry down through multiple generations from children being disadvantaged by not having a strong family, as the scenario was in the past.

I strongly doubt it is intended to be a guilt trip.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 05/02/19 05:32 PM
Butterflies do not need marriage licensure to have morality.

There is one truth, and many religions.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 05/02/19 04:02 PM
Abstractions like spirituality and logic are true. Reality is true. Truth is bigger than reality. 100% alive = Messiah. If someone is half dead, that might mean the other half in the afterlife NOW.

Food for thought - One time my friend picked an old coin up from the soil. The letter “T” was rusted off, and it said “In God We rust”

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 05/02/19 03:40 PM
From the New Testament

Galatians 3:28 (KJV) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 King James Version (KJV)

3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

1 Thessalonians 4:3–5 (NKJV)

3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

Narlycarnk's photo
Mon 04/29/19 04:46 PM

I agree that the least offensive terms would be risky.

As to sin, however, as taken from the Bible, the idea of 'sin' is defined as such:

“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law” or, as was mentioned before, being against a 'law', when law is defined in the Bible.

and in that definition of sin regarding biblical law: there are many things for which laws were set, including sexual behavior like fornication, or sex outside of marriage.

Where it comes together for me, personally, with the idea of sin, is that ALL are sinners, just like ALL of us have broken laws, whether intentionally or knowingly, because man has also many laws. I have crossed outside of crosswalks, which is technically against a law. I have gone through light that just turned red, which is technically against a law. Just as no one is following mans laws perfectly, no one is following Gods either.

The difference, personally, is that whereas mans laws can go broken without anyone being held accountable or finding out. God knows all of what we do and dont do and everyone is held accountable. Which brings out the significance of the gift of repentence and forgiveness. To be able to fall and get back up with sincerity allows us growth and humility, two things that for me personally, bring us closer to spiritual health and relation with God.

^^^This

Narlycarnk's photo
Mon 04/29/19 04:37 PM
I’m thinking I would post a response to the last post in a thread, but their post was so good I am going to just let it remain at the end.

Narlycarnk's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:50 AM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Mon 04/29/19 11:07 AM
For people for who’s calling in life it is more sensible to remain single, thinking about sex is a vice. It can easily upset sexual health which is very minimalistic and not much connected with love.

For other people, it is a procreation of the human race or even a form of worship of the same God and/or a source of love. To call it a sin robs these people of their dignity.

I think risky or risqué, depending on how you view it (or your “vue,” to use the term coined earlier) is a better colloquial term, as that is a little more detached and less condescending.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 04/27/19 10:46 AM

. . . there was no church and therefore no sin! It's a pity so many people these days are unable to even understand that, let alone accept it as fact.

You are very good at what I would call a “living knowledge”. Many people use religion as the object of worship instead of a form of worship or invest faith in false prophets instead of actual historical experiences of mystery and truth, and slip away into delusion.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 04/27/19 07:16 AM
Receive love.
Give love.
Repeat.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 04/27/19 05:57 AM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Sat 04/27/19 06:32 AM
Sin was of course invented by ‘the church’

I agree. Man created religion. Whether something is a sin or not is determined by that religion. For individuals who do not use that religion, it is not a sin. God told Moses and Paul (Jesus did not write in the Bible even though He was part in it) to create Judeochristianity, but it was still nevertheless created by fallible men. I believe the New Testament is an important education for understanding Truth. It feels good to have a spirit.

According to Christianity, which I follow, to look upon another with lust is already sin. The Old Testament has rules like don’t eat undercooked pork, don’t waste money, get rid of anything in your house or building material that has mold in it. Jews have been prosecuted throughout history and are unfortunately a minority in today’s world, but I have Jewish friends, and am mainly for that reason reading the Old Testament. There are rules in it about sex and bodily discharges. Religion is made to be generally relevant and to evolve with the times. I like being celibate, but I think it is more important generally to cellibrate, knowing one’s consciousness was, is, and will be made for greater things than this world.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 04/26/19 05:41 PM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Fri 04/26/19 06:06 PM
I best understand God as the one comprehensive whole truth. Includes both the hard edges of reality and how different people experience the hard edges.

Religion is how one lives their life. It is really just a label.

The last quote (JBH’s post) of the quotes from the Old Testament, is an account of a fallible human who managed to escape without any of those terrible things happening to his family. Submitting to authority is a principle in the New Testament but mainly because authorities are not perfect and this just enables collective work using the authorities in place at the time. There is a correlary principle in the NT to say no to things that are in direct conflict with your beliefs.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 04/25/19 06:33 PM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Thu 04/25/19 06:39 PM
It probably is not good to talk about sin too much because someone might think you’re calling them out.

Individuals, relationships, and communities with large scale social dynamics each have their subjectively observed sins of their own. To prescribe sin for an individual can be a sin of a community because it is irrelevant to what is important, makes things complicated, and even seeks to undermine the self control of the individual. But then again, it also could be very beneficial to that person too.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 04/25/19 06:00 PM
Cool; thanks for the insight and the common sense.

To be more accurate, it is actually grapeseed powder, not refined resveratrol. Might be good occasionally with the benefits being 50 years later, but I doubt using large amounts of it every day would be overall beneficial in the long run for any otherwise healthy person. Thanks again for the thoughts.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 04/24/19 05:05 PM
You were made for better things than belonging to me.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 04/24/19 04:58 PM
One persons virture is another persons sin. So if I don’t like doing certain things because they cause me to become petrified with fear, and you like doing them because they make you feel energized with peace, or some other dichotomy, then don’t let my fear freak you out.

Is it:
1) Do unto others as others do unto you
2) Do unto others you would have as others do unto you
3) Do unto others as others would have others do unto them
Or is it something else entirely?

Is translation of one persons beliefs to another persons beliefs required for empathy?

Do you ever feel crazy if you start listening to your own arguments against other people’s arguements?

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 04/24/19 04:31 PM
Are there any sins in Humanism?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25