Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 10:06 PM

Silver Dollar sized? Shoot it!

I don't have a gun, but if I had a shotgun, guess I could have shot it, I don't have any air conditioning, could use some on the warm nights.:wink: laugh But, then in the winter would get chilly -- that's okay though, I have duct tape - duct tape fixes ANYTHING!!!!:tongue: noway

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 10:04 PM

Don't kill it

Spiders are nicer than people sometimes smokin

Very true, especially a couple that I have talked to recently.ohwell

I hear ya on that

Sad isn't it.ohwell

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 01:41 PM
Doctors will sometimes tell women to take the prenatal vitamins if they are dieting too because of the decreased food intake and loss of nutrients.

I don't know that they are so much stronger, just a better range or mix of vitamins. Doctors are learning more about folic acid being good for you for many reasons. If women have cervical (pelvic) issues, they are now prescribing folic acid for them too. I think they have decided folic acid is just a good all around supplement, it helps with new tissue growth basically, if I remember correctly.

A lot of the vitamins are water soluble and your body will wash out what it doesn't use in your urine, the main one to be careful of is vitamin A as it will build up in the liver and can become toxic. A good source to get your questions asked about vitamins or meds is your local pharmacist, they are up on all these things.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 01:31 PM
He did have major problems. I did finally get away from him and he finally drank himself to death at the "ripe old age" of 45. Life with him was a nightmare.

Guess that is why I choose not to drink or do any kind of drugs, have seen the worst of it all, everything from him pulling guns and knives on me to the choking incident. Prefer clean and sober all the way. My preferences anyways. flowerforyou

Thank you for your kind words.flowerforyou

His choice to use alcohol and whatever drugs he used caused him to die young, he missed out on his daughter growing up, I raised her by myself from the time she was 5 y/o, he maybe visited her 3-4 times, and was always drunk or hungover, never followed through on his promises to her. She was 18 when he died. He never got to see his grandkids, etc. It was his choice, he went through treatment 3 times, always chose to go right back into the abuse, come out of treatment and hit using the same day again. Oh well, his choice, his loss. I have 2 beautiful grandkids that will never have to know his drunken rages, so they are better off for it in the long run.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 01:25 PM

:heart: What is the worst relationship mistake you've ever made?:heart:

Getting married was the worst mistake of my life.

Will second that one. He did a Jekyll and Hyde as soon as we were married and turned into a total nightmare.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 01:23 PM

having a threesome with the girl and her dad f**ked it all up between me and her.

OMG!!!!!!!!! noway noway noway Isn't that incest on her and dad's part? sick sick sick

Oh yeah, that is incest, and how sick of her to participate still as an adult. Most girls get out of these relationships when they hit their teens and realize it is wrong.ohwell She is obviously in need of a WHOLE LOT of counseling. The dad should be SHOT!!!frustrated frustrated

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 09:49 AM
I also know of a woman years ago (met her in a battered women's group) but her ex had been extremely abusive to her, even made her sleep on the floor by the bed while he had sex with other women. She finally had had enough and had planned her escape, so while he was passed out one night she took Compound W to his "boy toy" and he had something like 27 raw spots on his penis. Then she packed up and took off across country before he ever woke up. I am sure he deserved it, but don't think I could ever have done that. I am sure she made a "memory" in his mind.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 09:45 AM

Don't kill it

Spiders are nicer than people sometimes smokin

Very true, especially a couple that I have talked to recently.ohwell

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 09:41 AM
I got it outside, it hovered on the ceiling over my bed
for way too long. So it is outside now. Thanks for the
advice. :wink:

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 02:05 AM
Edited by Marie55 on Fri 08/21/09 02:06 AM
Sorry, slow computer, double post. slaphead frustrated

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 02:05 AM

Make love to it and have beautiful 5 legged children

Ewwww, thanks, but think I will pass, and only 5 legs, mutant and then some.noway

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 02:02 AM
I live alone, the only one who would freak out would be the dog, but it would be fun to watch her freak out. laugh laugh

Guess it is time to go on "spider safari." Getting out my best "spider shoe." :wink:

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 01:42 AM
There is a spider about the size of a silver dollar on the
wall over my bed, should I kill it or should I let it live???

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/21/09 12:59 AM
An ex-boss of mine told me of a case years ago in the city he lived in. The married couple fought like cats and dogs, he couldn't understand why they just didn't divorce, would have been easier he said.

One night during a huge fight the husband got in the car to leave, the wife stood behind the car and said "you will have to run over me" and he did, he backed the car over her. She was banged up but not injured badly. scared

As revenge for that "experience" -- several days later, she "super glued" his penis to his leg and he had to be carried out in an ambulance. shocked

My boss moved out of that town and doesn't know if they divorced or what ever happened to them, but not the kind of relationship I would want, geezzzz. noway

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 11:07 PM

Marie,

I think smokers have an increased chance of catching the flu.

Also...parents of children in school have an increased chance. I've lived that one. laugh

That's one of the reasons that I get the shot. My child brings the germs home. I'm a single mom and life gets hard when you're a single mom and you're sick.

Also, I don't want to get my parents sick when I visit them. My Dad has severe COPD.

I agree, the "young uns" do bring the bugs home.

The main thing they have been stressing at work is "hand washing" - and covering your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze - and "hand washing" -- also using that antibacterial gel. It is all over the place at work. We even had a "mandatory" inservice on handwashing last fall when this "swine" flu thing started. laugh

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 11:00 PM
This last one I was talking to has been kind of scary, leaving me nasty messages randomly, then I got a call at 6:30 a.m. the other morning, no message, but I did a reverse trace on the number, it came up as a cell phone to the state he is from, don't know for sure it was him, but could be. He is just acting totally unbalanced. I don't know how to get him to stop, short of changing phone numbers and IM account numbers, etc. He is a trucker and travels through my state about once a week. ohwell noway I am trying the silent treatment now to see if that works, nothing else has. frustrated

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 10:46 PM
A normal healthy person doesn't necessarily catch the flu. If you have a healthy immune system, a lot of the time you won't get the flu. It is hit and miss.

With the "swine" flu, if will act like a regular flu to most people, the people who will be hit the hardest are the ones with weakened immune systems or chronic illnesses, just like any regular flu.

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 10:42 PM
I work at a hospital and the e-mail was generated after the clinic managers and nurses had a meeting with the local Public Health nurse and others involved with the flu shots. They planned the flu shot clinics around the delivery date of the serum, etc.

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 10:39 PM
My ex went so far as to send his friends to spy on me when I was at working to make sure I wasn't talking to other guys, etc. He was awful.

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 10:36 PM
Edited by Marie55 on Thu 08/20/09 10:38 PM
Yup. My ex was a horribly controlling person and did all of that.

Just recently I was talking to someone who turned out to have a lot of those same qualities, amazing how I attract them - I pulled away, and he called me vulgar names. I quit talking to him, now he sends me harassing little insulting notes every week or so.ohwell