Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 10:14 PM
We received word today that the "regular" flu shots will be available early this year, shortly after the first part of September.

It sounds like they are working on a "swine" flu vaccine that
they are hoping to be available "around" November. Apparently it
will not be given to people over 65 years of age as the "swine"
flu has not been hitting people in this age range, mostly younger
people. The theory is that the older people may have been exposed
to a strain of the "swine" flu when they were younger and built up
some antibodies to it.

We got this information in an e-mail today, just thought I would
share this with you. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/20/09 09:54 PM
So very sorry for your losses. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 10:07 PM

cut the strings as much as you can

make him a part of your history not your present

Exactly.

And, lots of people with no license and/or no car still drive drunk and hurt and kill people every day. I wouldn't leave the baby alone with him, my thoughts anyways.

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 09:49 PM
If he is drinking heavily, I wouldn't trust him to watch the baby. My ex was an alcoholic and I never left the baby with him even when we were married. Didn't trust him at all. The baby's safety comes first. Sounds like he is really immature.

I think you need to hire a babysitter if you need a break rather than rely on him if he is going to be drunk when he has the baby. So many babies are hurt in cases like this. Just my thoughts.

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 09:46 PM

I agree with the NOT getting drunk. Stay on your meds. Check into some counseling if you can. Work out your issues through talking, either to a counselor, or with friends. Drinking is a dead end, especially if you are on meds, a really DEADLY MIX.

So sorry this happened.

I dont have any friends and that is why i'm on here

There are good people on here, you can make some friends on here. I seriously would check into counseling too though. There may even be some men's groups in your area. Any kind of support will help you through this time. Local hospitals have social workers, they have lists of resources and can sometimes do short term counseling too. Hang in there and just keep thinking about your kids, how much you love them and they love you, and you will get through this time. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 09:37 PM
I agree with the NOT getting drunk. Stay on your meds. Check into some counseling if you can. Work out your issues through talking, either to a counselor, or with friends. Drinking is a dead end, especially if you are on meds, a really DEADLY MIX.

You do need to grieve the end of your relationship as you would
any death. It will get better with time, but think about your kids, they need you and love you, put them first and do it for yourself and them. It will be worth it in the long run.

So sorry this happened.

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 09:32 PM

I would be glad that it is only pot and not any serious drug such as crack or crystal meth. Pot is not gonna kill you or make you crazy insane. It isn't gonna make you go rob someone to support your habit either. If anything it will make you lazy, sleepy, and hungry. I use to smoke pot in high school and I was a honor roll student who held a job and graduated. Now I do believe in Responsible use, and laws like no DUI, and prohibit the sale to minors like tobacco. Other than that I think it should be 100% legal, for adults and medicinal purpose of course. I had a uncle who was dying from cancer, and the marijuana prescribed to him use to alleviate the pains that come from chemo therapy. I'm not saying it's good for everyone. Maybe some people do have allergies or bad reactions to pot, just like some people are allergic to shellfish or peanuts. And I don't believe in sending potheads to jail. Our prisons are way overcrowded already, and we need the space for real criminals such as murderers and child molesters and such. Sending drug users to rehab is a much better idea.

I so agree. I smoked and was an honor roll student as well, and graduated with multiple honors, such as community service and capt honor roll.

You are one of the few. Congratulations on doing so well. I have known many others who didn't do as well as you when using pot and/or other drugs. When my ex smoked it, he ended up blacking out and choking me, I had fingerprint bruises on my neck the next day. Funny too, I didn't say a word to him, he just walked across the room and grabbed me by the throat. Had a totally empty look in his eyes, "no one was home" obviously. I was able to push him off and he stumbled backwards and just walked away and went over to the couch and fell asleep. It was totally bizarre. I don't like drugs of any kind, never have. My experience with them and my daughter are in the earlier pages in this thread. To each their own, but I don't like them and choose to be drug-free.

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 09:26 PM

Did you find someone to help you Winx?? I know terminology but I don't read radiology reports. Did you call your doctor's office and ask them to explain the report to you??? That is the best and most efficient way of getting the information on the report explained to you -- they can tell you EXACTLY what the report says and explain exactly what it means without any confusion.

I will help if I can, but I really think you should call your doctor's office. They are the experts and could put your questions and concerns to rest.

Sorry you are going through this stressful time. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Thank you, Marie. flowerforyou

The pediatrician is no help. They said that I could have my questions answered when I see the orthopedic on Tuesday. I don't want to wait that long.sad

That would tick me off, not sure why he won't tell you anything. Think I would be looking for a new pediatrician, my thoughts anyways. Have you thought about calling your personal physician and running this by him/her?? I work in a small hospital and they all know me by my first name, and we really do have good doctors. Can you call the orthopedist's office and ask if they can work you in sooner?? Put you on the cancellation list and get you in sooner if someone cancels??? Just a thought.flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 05:56 PM

How about irad8you? (or something like that!). Im not sure exactly what it is he does.

Dan, I think you are right, that sounds like his screen name. Haven't seen him on in quite a long time though. And, yes, I do medical transcription.

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 05:55 PM
Did you find someone to help you Winx?? I know terminology but I don't read radiology reports. Did you call your doctor's office and ask them to explain the report to you??? That is the best and most efficient way of getting the information on the report explained to you -- they can tell you EXACTLY what the report says and explain exactly what it means without any confusion.

I will help if I can, but I really think you should call your doctor's office. They are the experts and could put your questions and concerns to rest.

Sorry you are going through this stressful time. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 12:32 AM
Congratulations on your 3-year anniversary on JSH/Mingle.flowerforyou
And to finding the lady of your dreams. flowerforyou

(Oh, and I am 12 days behind you for my 3 years.:wink:)

Marie55's photo
Wed 08/19/09 12:02 AM
Remember the one about the big invisible rabbit, "Harvey" wasn't that the title, Jimmy Stewart was in it?

Fred McMurray was in quite a few good ones. The original "Absent Minded Professor" was good.

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/18/09 10:39 PM
Father Goose

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/18/09 01:25 AM
Wait until it is your own daughter -- then you will have some real
reason to want to tear some guys head off. noway

But she is growing up and she is 15, guess you can hope she is intelligent and will use common sense (hope, anyways).

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/18/09 01:21 AM

I agree with most above, Much better to say nothing..

But it is also very strange that almost all.. if not all, of the women tell you to say nothing, when as most Men know.. most of the Women Trash us men to our kids after a separation.

I remember distinctly, My son telling me.." You aren't anything like Mom said!"
frustrated

I know a "lot" of women bash their ex's to their kids, but not all, sorry that happened to you. I raised our daughter since she was 5 by myself, and without the luxury of child support as he didn't want to pay, so I had the "luxury" of working 2-3 jobs for years to keep a roof over our head. I never ever bashed him to her, never stood in the way of his visition, other than I put strict limitations on it, in that it had to be in my home with me present and he could not take her in a car or overnight -- he was a violent alcoholic and drove drunk all the time, (his whole family were drunks, so couldn't be trusted for visitation either) and the court even agreed to this, heck they had his driving record to look at and signed off on the visitation. He visited maybe 3-4 times from the time she was 5 and when she turned 18. She grew up and made her own judgments about him from his years of lies and broken promises, I didn't say anything against him. He dug his own grave with his actions.

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/18/09 01:16 AM
I would also remind you to be very cautious of what you say about his mom to other people while talking on the telephone or in another room, anywhere where he can hear you, because he will be listening and taking it all in. It is very important that you protect him from your bad feelings. He is just a little guy and needs protection still. He will develop his own feelings and you will have to answer his questions as he is able to understand, but as they said, just be generic in your answers, don't put her down. That will only hurt your son.

It is a really hard situation to be in. Good luck.

Marie55's photo
Tue 08/18/09 12:47 AM
When did you watch my ex change the oil?? Really pretty accurate!!

You should have watched him change the U under the sink, had to fix the hole in the wall from where he hit it with the pipe wrench when he got mad. There were always "secondary" repairs to anything he did.noway ohwell

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/17/09 11:59 PM
Seriously, I collect "cow" things, salt and pepper shakers, etc.
I have some old dishware that belonged to my grandparents.
Some of my grandmother's jewelry, etc.

Marie55's photo
Mon 08/17/09 11:58 PM
I am really good at collecting "scammers."