Community > Posts By > brewer77

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 11:25 AM

:smile: Why do all the rightwing republican countries hate each other(like Israel and most of the Middle East) but the left wing countries(like Canada and United Kingdom)all get along?:smile:

There is not a rightwing country on earth I can think of and canada is still a crown subject are they not?

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 11:23 AM

Obama is the devil

Obama is God

Obama is evil

Obama is the source of all goodness

Obama will destroy the country

Obama will save the world

Obama eats babies

Obama said let the children come to me

all of this gets old. he is just a guy doing the best job he can. He's gonna screw some things up and he's gonna do some really good things

just like Bush

its the same propaganda smear tactic dirt throwing stuff that we just saw for 8 years against Bush. Just a different set of special interest groups doing it

I agree except that I can't imagine anyone worse than Bush myself but okay.

how 'bout Nixon?

No, Bush was worse. Bush made a laughing stock of this country. Nixon did not do that.

What we are looking at on all our TV sets is a man who finally, after 24 years of frenzied effort, became the President of the United States with a personal salary of $200,000 a year and an unlimited expense account including a fleet of private helicopters, jetliners, armored cars, personal mansions and estates on both coasts and control over a budget beyond the wildest dream of King Midas . . . and all the dumb bastard can show us, after five years of total freedom to do anything he wants with all this power, is a shattered national economy, disastrous defeat in a war we could have ended four years ago on far better terms than he finally came around to, and a hand-picked personal staff put together through five years of screening, whose collective criminal record will blow the minds of high-school American History students for the next 100 years.

-HUnter S Thompson on Nixon

Ha ha, reading that I couldnt tell if it was about bush or obama..lol..

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 11:21 AM

The only way we are not going to be a danger to the environment is if we go back to horse and buggy.

drinker
You are totally correct.

Even things like solar energy, wind power, and water power have adverse affects on the ecosystem.

The problem is that people are so wasteful these days. When you used to buy a tv or radio, you had repairmen to keep it going. Now you just throw it away and buy a new one. Waste is what we are accustomed to.

I do have a theory though.

According to current science, matter as we know it doesn't exist. All we see, feel, hear, touch, etc. is merely energy at different constant frequencies. There is a way to harness this energy, we just have to figure it out. Maybe we could turn this waste into energy we could use. Sounds like science fiction, but i don't see it as being anymore impossible than flying through the solar system on spaceships.

I am also thinking we could lessen our impact on the environment by using a balance of these different forms of energy and resources.

You are on to something here. I saw a Tesla demonstration where they were running a model car on wireless transmitted power, uses no batteries. His ideas go back 100 years and he was a genius.

People on this thread seem to be saying "But why?" I say, "Why not?"

Use the Force Luke! drinker

The "why not" stems from the fact many of us are highly mobile, my weekends could be in NC, south florida, Georgia, or Alabama. When we artificially raise the cost of transportation to reduce driving and force new technology into the market, you have destroyed my way of life. My weekend trips that used to cost 30 get canceled or certainly reduced in frequency once it costs 120. Maybe I want to take my kids across country and see the gand canyon or the rainforest in washington state. I might even want to do it in a very large safe vehicle. Now I am priced out of the ability because some ******* who flies in a jet I pay for, burning more fuel in a day than I do in a year, tries to crusade to raise gas prices to make me stop going places on purpose.

Nobody is against alternatives. We just dont want to sacrafice our mobility to do it. I live on a few acres in the country and drive an hour each way to work on average. My dream came true and not long after they are trying to penalize me for it. I dont want to live in the city yet they are trying to force me to by making it cost prohibitive. I am not a sinner for wanting a country life but having a job in the city.

Henry Ford found a new way of manufacturing and brought a car to market that worked and was affordable, thats how we changed. He didnt advocate bills that fined carriage owners for animal droppings in order to force his product into the market.

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 11:09 AM
Funny, the reason cars dont last anymore is that they have to make them lighter and put a million sensors on them and catalysts and such to comply with government regulations. The government created the disposable car. Motorcycles flew under the radar for a while. Thats why a harley sportster was essentially the same engine from 1957-1984. Parts are cheap and available and compatible in many cases across decades. The constant new regs force constant product changes that make it impossible to stock enough repair parts for anything. Now hey cost more and must be ordered so the disposable culture is born.

Once again, government is the root of the problem. In their zeal to save the earth they harmed it worse.

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 10:01 AM
Fantastic quote:

Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen dismissed GM’s upcoming plug-in hybrid, the Chevrolet Volt as “a car for idiots.” More specifically, he said that few consumers will be willing to pay $40,000 base price for a car that competes with $25,000 hybrids.
“No one is going to pay a $15,000 premium for a car that competes with a (Toyota) Corolla,” he said. “So there are not enough idiots who will buy it.” “They’re for the intellectual elite who want to show what enlightened souls they are,” he said

-------------------

http://onemansblog.com/2007/03/27/prius-outdoes-hummer-in-environmental-damage/

"Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ˜dead zone" around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.

The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalists nightmare.

The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside, said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.

All of this would be bad enough in and of itself; however, the journey to make a hybrid doesnt end there. The nickel produced by this disastrous plant is shipped via massive container ship to the largest nickel refinery in Europe. From there, the nickel hops over to China to produce nickel foam. From there, it goes to Japan. Finally, the completed batteries are shipped to the United States, finalizing the around-the-world trip required to produce a single Prius battery. Are these not sounding less and less like environmentally sound cars and more like a farce?

Wait, I havent even got to the best part yet.

When you pool together all the combined energy it takes to drive and build a Toyota Prius, the flagship car of energy fanatics, it takes almost 50 percent more energy than a Hummer – the Prius arch nemesis.

Through a study by CNW Marketing called Dust to Dust, the total combined energy is taken from all the electrical, transportation, materials (metal, plastic, etc) and hundreds of other factors over the expected lifetime of a vehicle. The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles – the expected lifespan of the Hybrid.

The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it. "

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:53 AM

You make this too easy!

Civil Rights
Jan. 29 2009 – Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Reducing discrimination based on gender, age, religion, or race.

Environmental
Feb. 21 2009 – Obama signs a mercury reduction pact with 140 other nations. The policy reverses roles with George Bush and sets mandatory requirements by the United States.

------How is this an accomplishment? We are supposed to avoid foreign entanglements. If we want to have a debate on mecury emissions, fine. Lets not aritrarily sign with our enemies a bill that will drive up electricity costs when there are solutions we dont have time to implement.

Mar. 30 2009 – Obama signs the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009, which serves to protect two million acres of land and creates a new system of land conservation for the Bureau of Land Management.

-----As if we didnt have enough bureaucracy. This is straight out of marxs ten points. Wanna bet on whether there is oil under those 2million acres?

May 19 2009 – Obama teams up with the auto industry to raise the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards to an average of 35.5 mpg by 2016. The program is reported to save up to 1.8 billion barrels of oil or 900 million tons of greenhouse gases. (source)

------So the government is going to dictate what we drive by artificially raising cost. This forces the children to die in tiny unsafe cars and is a major problem for people like me that need trucks to operate a business.
Foreign Policy

April 2 2009 – Obama helps form a compromise between Presidents of France (Sarkozy) and China (Jintao) over making tax havens more transparent. The two Presidents were in a “heated” argument previous to Obama’s intervention.

-------------How in the hell does mediating a squabble between foreigners help america?

Government Reform
Jan. 27 2009 – Administration tells Citigroup bank it is “unacceptable” to pay for a $42 million dollar luxury jet when they have received $45 billion in bailouts from taxpayers.

------Thats the exact reason it was unaceptable for bush and obama to sign those goddamn bailouts in the first place!

Feb. 19 2009 – Bans the exception of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars from accounting the deficit. This results in a 2.5 trillion dollar increase in calculated deficit to the United States.

--------This is a swipe at king george, nothing more. Obama uses misleading statistics evey time he opens his mouth.

Feb. 23 2009 – Announces Earl Devaney to oversee the oversight of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Mr. Devaney worked as a Secret Service agent who exposed lobbyist corruption in the Department of the Interior.

---------So appointing someone to oversee a handout of trillions to globalist bankers is an acomplishment? Im not following you.

Mar. 9 2009 – Lifts ban on embryonic stem cell research. A major move in changing the politics of research and science in the United States.

---------There never was a ban on stem cell research. There was a ban on federally funding it. During that time they found a way to use adult stem cells just as effectively, so this is nothing more than a way to thumb his nose at the po-life cowd, continuing divide and conquer politics as usual.

May 22, 2009 – Creates a credit card bill of rights. Limits unwarranted spending and gives consumers more options to pay their bills on time. It has been debated if this will negatively affect the industry.

---------Its an empty shell, most people coldnt even make sense of it, le alone exercise their rights under it. The average american will remain a slave to credit cards in the foreseeable future.

May 22, 2009 – Tries to curb wasteful spending by the Pentagon on the defense budget by signing the Weapons System Acquisition Reform Act. Intended to price contracts and budgets lower; may potentially save billions of dollars in defense.

-------Uhh yeah...save money by cutting new weapons systems, one of the few things we DONT mind paying taxes for and one of the only legal things the government does, provide for the common defense.
June 22, 2009 – Allows the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to have authority over the tobacco industry.

Humanitarian

Jan. 23 2009 – Obama orders the close of Guantanamo Bay facility

----------You should pay more attention to the news, he recently reversed this.
Wiki

I am aware that he reversed this. There was a death in my family yesterday so I wasn't do the best that I can. I should have left that last sentence out.

I tried to make it obvious by the dashes where I responded to them all. Wasnt just the last one

Sorry for our loss.

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:50 AM

Technology is increasing expotentially. They are already experimenting with nano tech ultra capacitors that may replace batteries. Electric vs. Internal combustion, no question that electric is way more efficient.

Absolutely they are. But until ultra capacitors are available, we are using Lithium batteries, which are worse for the environment than petroleum could ever be.

But you have to start somewhere! Once we start producing electric cars, companies will be scrambling to improve technology on power storage. I imagine it was a big leap when we went from horses to cars too!

Personally, I'm not ready to trade in my DeWalt 18 volt cordless drill for a primitive drill with an internal combustion engine. Think about it.

I did. I realized that my cordless (im a milwaukee 18v man myself) is worthless at many jobs where the power is not on. Same with an electric car. I cant take my vehicle to the mountains or desert because theres nowhere to recharge. So if we put an internal combustion engine in it to charge it, we are reall back to square one. The batteries add weight and solve a problem that doesnt exist.

We have enough oil just on our own shore for a century by the most conservative estimates.

Also consider that an average joe can repair an ic engine. We arent going to make our own batteries, we will pay thousands for them. Even if they were capacitors, I have someone changing a capacitor every day somewhere in N Florida. No battery or capacitor is gong to be as rugged as a cast iron engine block.

You see tractors around here from the 1920's that sell for more than new chinese ones. My newest vehicle is a 20 year old diesel suburban. I have a 50gal vegetable oil fuel system on it. I will be driving it in 20 more years. My motorcycle is 30 years old and the one before that was 45 years old. This is a cheap technology with the bugs worked out. An average guy could buy one and take care of it and keep it for life. The most important problem with electric and hybrid cars is they still cost more over a lifetime and have components that cost thousands (batteries), none of which evenlasts ten years. Its about freedom to travel in the end for me. I support elimination of he cafe standards and when the henry ford of electric cars raise up, well change then, when its cheaper and more reliable than the old standby.

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:35 AM

So what? I already debunked your bogus scenario. Hit it out of the park, actually. There's nothing contradictory in pointing out that the Chinese are not nearly as far in the catbird seat that you folks on the fringe think, that they are playing with the same hard-luck deck of cards we are and are not nearly as unscrutable as you guys think.

It was the same way with the Russians. When Kruschev banged his shoe on the podium at the U.N. and said "We will bury you!", his political enemies in the Kremlin used it as evidence that he was becoming unhinged. The Cuban missile crisis only added to that perception and soon after, he was deposed.

And BTW, whether you care to admit it or not, these same sort of histrionics lended no small hand in driving the Far Right from power in this country. That and some foolish statements made from Treasury-Secretary-waiting-in-the-wings Phil Gramm, who said the economy wasn't bad at all and Americans were being whiney about it.

-Kerry O.

What kind of nonsense is this? The last time anyone who could be deemed far right was in power was before the civil war!

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:26 AM

Trillions is the kind of money people start shooting over, take all that babble and flush it down the toilet.

Besides, they dont have to shoot to have war. In war you try to cripple your enemies infrastructure, make supplies unavailable, cause division among the population. China can do all that economically by for example using another currency without ever chambering a round.

The scenario of china calling in our debt is an absolutely real threat.

Oh please. You can't even get the amount correct, your next war will likely be your first and I can tell you've never been in business for yourself and had people owe you money.

--------------You are wrong again dear, I own a business and also help run another in my day job. You dont think we owe china trillions? Are you stupid? What does whether I know about business have anything to do with this anyways?

-----------------------------
Do us all a favor and read something like Forbes instead of sites like Rense.com. We've ALREADY DONE to China exactly what you're so afraid of-- the Chinese are crying in their beer about the FED pumping money into our economy by printing money, the us making the value of the dollars they are holding worth less.

----------I subscribe to forbes and the wsj among other things. My dad is a cpa, cfp, and a consultant to H&R block, we have no lack of financial knowledge around here. Rense has plenty of good info as well.

Why are you making my points for me? We are devaluing the dollar and pissing off china.
Since you find them credible:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/reuters/2009/09/15/2009-09-15T061706Z_01_SP312072_RTRIDST_0_NMARKETS-OIL-UPDATE-1.html

"While the euro climbed to stay in sight of its 2009 highs, supported by growing talk that Asian central banks were bidding the single currency and moving away from the U.S. dollar,"

So what do you think happens to oil prices and the US economy when oil is denominated in euros?

----------------

And if you read Forbes and the commentary from out of China _itself_, you'd know that that 'division' you're talking about is happening amongst _their_ population. Their top leaders are being accused of corruption because despite the prodigious growth of the last decade, the lot of the common person has gone nowhere fast.

Demonstrably, they painted themselves in the corner. They used a monetary policy that counted on monsterous growth and foreign investment to keep their own currency down, but now find they are caught in a classic Catch 22-- they are dependent on exports to keep growing and growing, and when that doesn't happen, they suffer at home. But, that can't happen as their currency grows stronger against the dollar, hurting their ability to keep the export cart from being upended.

In other words, they have all their eggs in one basket. As Donald Trump famously said, "If you owe the bank a dollar, the bank owns you. But if you owe the bank a billion dollars, you own the bank." In other words, anything you do to destroy your biggest debtor is going to boomerang on you and you won't get your money back. You may think the Chinese have us over a barrel, but it just looks that way. It could be increasingly difficult to find out just who has whom.

--------Chinas nukes are long paid for and we will be in no position to challenge them when the dollar collapses.

If you admit that growth occurs in a socialist country but the little guy still suffers, why do you promote socialism in america to solve the same supposed problem?

----------------

But hey, don't believe me-- read Forbes, from the family that pioneered the Flat Tax.

------Im not a fan of the flat tax or any other income tax. While the flat tax would eliminate the marxist component of our tax code...the "progressive" part, it is still an income tax. The fair tax is the way to go if we are going to change the tax system.

www.fairtax.org

-Kerry O.

brewer77's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:07 AM
You make this too easy!

Civil Rights
Jan. 29 2009 – Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Reducing discrimination based on gender, age, religion, or race.

Environmental
Feb. 21 2009 – Obama signs a mercury reduction pact with 140 other nations. The policy reverses roles with George Bush and sets mandatory requirements by the United States.

------How is this an accomplishment? We are supposed to avoid foreign entanglements. If we want to have a debate on mecury emissions, fine. Lets not aritrarily sign with our enemies a bill that will drive up electricity costs when there are solutions we dont have time to implement.

Mar. 30 2009 – Obama signs the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009, which serves to protect two million acres of land and creates a new system of land conservation for the Bureau of Land Management.

-----As if we didnt have enough bureaucracy. This is straight out of marxs ten points. Wanna bet on whether there is oil under those 2million acres?

May 19 2009 – Obama teams up with the auto industry to raise the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards to an average of 35.5 mpg by 2016. The program is reported to save up to 1.8 billion barrels of oil or 900 million tons of greenhouse gases. (source)

------So the government is going to dictate what we drive by artificially raising cost. This forces the children to die in tiny unsafe cars and is a major problem for people like me that need trucks to operate a business.
Foreign Policy

April 2 2009 – Obama helps form a compromise between Presidents of France (Sarkozy) and China (Jintao) over making tax havens more transparent. The two Presidents were in a “heated” argument previous to Obama’s intervention.

-------------How in the hell does mediating a squabble between foreigners help america?

Government Reform
Jan. 27 2009 – Administration tells Citigroup bank it is “unacceptable” to pay for a $42 million dollar luxury jet when they have received $45 billion in bailouts from taxpayers.

------Thats the exact reason it was unaceptable for bush and obama to sign those goddamn bailouts in the first place!

Feb. 19 2009 – Bans the exception of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars from accounting the deficit. This results in a 2.5 trillion dollar increase in calculated deficit to the United States.

--------This is a swipe at king george, nothing more. Obama uses misleading statistics evey time he opens his mouth.

Feb. 23 2009 – Announces Earl Devaney to oversee the oversight of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Mr. Devaney worked as a Secret Service agent who exposed lobbyist corruption in the Department of the Interior.

---------So appointing someone to oversee a handout of trillions to globalist bankers is an acomplishment? Im not following you.

Mar. 9 2009 – Lifts ban on embryonic stem cell research. A major move in changing the politics of research and science in the United States.

---------There never was a ban on stem cell research. There was a ban on federally funding it. During that time they found a way to use adult stem cells just as effectively, so this is nothing more than a way to thumb his nose at the po-life cowd, continuing divide and conquer politics as usual.

May 22, 2009 – Creates a credit card bill of rights. Limits unwarranted spending and gives consumers more options to pay their bills on time. It has been debated if this will negatively affect the industry.

---------Its an empty shell, most people coldnt even make sense of it, le alone exercise their rights under it. The average american will remain a slave to credit cards in the foreseeable future.

May 22, 2009 – Tries to curb wasteful spending by the Pentagon on the defense budget by signing the Weapons System Acquisition Reform Act. Intended to price contracts and budgets lower; may potentially save billions of dollars in defense.

-------Uhh yeah...save money by cutting new weapons systems, one of the few things we DONT mind paying taxes for and one of the only legal things the government does, provide for the common defense.
June 22, 2009 – Allows the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to have authority over the tobacco industry.

Humanitarian

Jan. 23 2009 – Obama orders the close of Guantanamo Bay facility

----------You should pay more attention to the news, he recently reversed this.
Wiki

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:59 AM

Ok, I think I am missing something,,,,

It is AGAINST the law there to do this. So what sanctions can we pose when it isnt the government who is guilty but their fanatics within the society. Do we realize the murders that happen HERE in the states? They happen for reasons like racial hatred, sexism, classism ,but they are still ILLEGAL. Because they continue to happen doesnt give another country a right to come down on us in any way. Government can set laws and beyond that,, how their people abide by them is not something they can be held accountable for.

I would have to agree, but I don't believe for a second that the Iraqi government exactly tries to stop it either.

Hell in this country we don't exactly knock ourselves out standing up for gays, instead we foster prejudice against them and go out of our way to prevent anyone from teaching simple respect and acceptance in schools. Individually we remain silent when things are said that are ignorant among our friends.

Even in the black community where you would think there would be some empathy for being hated for something about you that is different.

I disagree. Gays enjoy special legal protections.

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:57 AM

Ok, I think I am missing something,,,,

It is AGAINST the law there to do this. So what sanctions can we pose when it isnt the government who is guilty but their fanatics within the society. Do we realize the murders that happen HERE in the states? They happen for reasons like racial hatred, sexism, classism ,but they are still ILLEGAL. Because they continue to happen doesnt give another country a right to come down on us in any way. Government can set laws and beyond that,, how their people abide by them is not something they can be held accountable for.

Great post.

Same goes for hating the local baptist church because some jackass pipe bombs the local baby scraping joint. Just because someone is against gay marriage doesnt mean they have some deep fear of gay people and hate them and want to kill them. yet this is how they are made out and they point to this handful of kooks as proof. Its totally unfair.

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:52 AM

After Bush left the equivalent of a paper bag full of flameing feces on the front porch of the white house poor Obama had no choice but to tramp it out covering himself in the crap bush left him after rapeing and pilageing the country starting two wars while giveing tax breaks to the rich Obama is now vilified by the right wing fringe for trying to fix things. . Oh if only fox news and its fans had a voice for the 8 years the republicans held power.

Problem is that the democrats we were too timid to stand up to the right, and in many cases too complicate to argue against the right, if I said that right. :laughing:

What? The republicans have been dragged ever left for decades. Todays republican is 20 years agos democrat. The right has been in retreat since the 1950's until recently. Thats why you and your ilk are so flapped up.

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:51 AM

this isn't a new concept, it was being planned under Bush 1.

More like since the turn of the century.

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:49 AM

'While the readers of the American Thinker, viewers of Fox News and the listeners to Rush Limbaugh may be expected to be aware of these factors, now with the backdrop of unfettered spending, the high jobless rates and the potential for national bankruptcy more and more of the general public has become aware of the radical nature of the present government. '

Well, there are three sources I will gladly admit not paying much attention or giving much credit to. What we have done the past decade is not working. Not with job stability, not with healthcare, not with education, not with military morale, not with world opinion. It was time for a change and the only way government can make a change, is to make a change. We agreed to certain debt to 'do what needed to be done' in regards to terrorism and I have no issue with us doing the same about the issues here at home. We get what we pay for, if we arent willing to pay anything that is exactly what we will continue getting. Noone will have all the answers or get it all right but I am still glad I supported someone who is at least making the effort to do more than the status quo that keeps the wealthy wealthy and the rest of us dog peddling to survive.

What you fail to realize is that both parties have been liberal for 30 years and it is the ever increasing amount of government regulation, spending, control, and micro-management that has led us to this sad state. Electing a man who promises to dramatically increase all of those is not change, it is accelerating the snowball through even yellower snow..

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:43 AM

Again, I think you need to stop the stereotyping and generalities and document.

I cant seem to get you to understand my respectful request for you to answer my questions or follow the debate,

Hey, Mr. Brewer.
You're pretty new here. Welcome.drinker
It's ok. A lot of us are very familiar with the dodging, generalizing and name calling. That's why we stop attempting to debate with those do that.
I debate with those willing to debate intead of making excuses for their Savior-in-Chief Hussein.

Well, I like to point it out anyways. Intelligent people who read this will see that they have nothing to stand on and have nothing to offer besides the talking points they get in their morning e-mail at best.

That could go both ways, no?

It could go any way, but I am posting plenty of documentation you promptly ignore and continue to make points based on nothing but what you say is true.

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:42 AM

Reconsidering the closing date does not mean it will not close.

We need to be concerned with all the other prison camps that are doing the same thing that Gitmo has done.

It is going to take some time.

Hell Obama has only been in office for 8 months, not long enough to do anything of great magnitude.

He is the one who promised to close gitmo in 12 months, now he has flip-flopped.

He was going to end "dont ask dont tell". Nope, not that either after all.

He was going to end the war and bring the troops home. Now not so much. And hes going to start his own war with iran.

He was only going to tax income over 250,000. Now its everyone in the country, forced to buy insurance or get fined/taxed.

Wow, some change..

He went as far as he could with closing gitmo, right? If congress holds him up, that is not his fault.

-----It has nothing to do with congress, he has executive power. Go back and read a middle school level book on how the government works.

Don't ask don't tell? In the military? That is not going to be so easy to do. Complicated issue there.

-----He is the one who promised to do it. It requires one stroke of the pen for the commander in chief, ball point pens are not complicated.

He said the troops would start returning home within 16 months, I think. He has only had 8 months.

------He has already said he is reniging on that promise and is likely sending MORE troops and is starting a NEW WAR with Iran!

Healthcare and Income taxes are two different things, tying them together is not logical.

-------I agree but it is your savior obama who says he is taxing people who make over 250,000 to pay for his health care proposal.

I am noticing a current among obama supporters, you support him and attack all his detractors. Yet you dont even know what his plans are. The ones who do know what he has said and done, the informed electorate, are against him. the ignorant are for him.

I am not sure why I am explaining anything to you though, I believe you have shown you do not like him because he is not white, if I am not mistaken.

You are absolutely mistaken. Not only have I argued at length that the people who oppose obama do not do it only for race, I have mentioned two black men, Thomas Sowell and Herman Cain, who i would vote for in a heartbeat and so would 90% of the people who dont like obama.

Check them out, if you dont start supporting them you are a racist.

http://www.hermancain.com/

http://www.tsowell.com/

I never heard of the other guy but I read about Cain:

''Cain argued that he was a true conservative, noting that he opposed the legality of abortion even in cases of rape and incest.''

Thanks but no thanks, any man that can't respect the right of a woman to make decisions about her own body would never get my vote.

Not to split hairs but I think its the baby in there, not your body hes concerned with.

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45K9qV0bJ0

Poses some interesting catch-22's when relating to how we reconcile protecting our country with keeping our religous and political freedoms. Maybe immigration closures could save us?

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 09:58 AM

Understanding global warming, suitable for age 4 and up:

Take a glass of water and put ice in it so some is coming out the top, but it does not touch the bottom, just like the ice caps.

Let it thaw.

Notice it doesnt overflow...because the ice was already displacing itself in its solid form.

Thats whats so funny about the global warming science, a child can prove its bunk as far as man having anything to do with it, and furthermore it raises crop yields and allows farming farther north. Generally periods of warming increase prosperity, a warming trend ended the dark ages...gee, wonder what factories we warmed the atmosphere back then with?..

I like science.happy

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/environment/global-warming-environment/antarctica-ice.html

I like science that isnt done by people financed by political groups.

That video contains facts.

So do these links:

http://www.rense.com/general75/oppo.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

brewer77's photo
Sat 09/26/09 09:54 AM

Do we have the right to interfere with their Laws in Iraq?

I don't think we do legally, but that doesn't mean we can't bring sanctions against a country who does such things. But we are talking about a people that live in the ancient past. It maybe a century or two before there is any change in that fundamental practice. The fear of public disgrace is a pathetic inhumane excuse to kill a group of people that in 99% of cases is not violent or worthy of being killed.

I can hardly type this makes me so angry. I don't know how I could ever have any respect for a people or religious institution that would condone such a thing. In fact I can't, and I put the blame squarely on religious interpretations of ancient religion. Oh but homophobes had no involvement in the writings in the bible..

Oh please, you hate homophobes and they hate homos. Whats the difference. Its cool to pick a side and be against something, its lame to pontificate like you are the moral and good one. Its no different than their insistence god is on THEIR side.

Actually I do not hate homophobes, but their ignorance distresses me for sure. There is a huge difference even if I did hate them. But I am sick to death of explaining them to people that it wouldn't bother to take the time to research it on their own. But I would not expect you to have responded in any other way.

Oh and you know me so well, I have been here like a week?

What is ignorant about not liking something? Why does not liking gays make one afraid of them? Why is hating someone for your reason morally better than hating someone for another persons reason?

The OP is talking about lives being taken in the most hideous of ways and all your thinking about is oil independence.. ugh

No I am explaining yet another unintended consequence of being so tied to every country in the world for critical economic things. It makes us impotent abroad to prevent any human rights abuse. I am on your side likely about human rights abuse, but we have to tolerate this because we need the oil. We have to tolerate the opium in afghanistan to have any hope of winning. We have to give china most favored nation trade status while they do unspeakable things because we need their manufacturing.

Im trying to point out that the social and economic are related.

When you use the word homos, you give away your attitude. I don't dislike people that dislike gays, because often time when they get to know gays they no longer have those attitues. I dislike their 'attitude' about gays because it's irrational and emotional and leads to more ugly words being exchange and violence toward a group that has never done anything to the person doing the violence, verbally or physically.

-----------Oh stop it. You dont know anything about my attitudes about them. I work with a queer who waves a dont tread on me flag at the tea parties we go to.....and he can take a fag joke, why cant you. He doesnt need people like you defending him.

I dont get pissed at white jokes and I have walked up countless times on black guys talking about honkies or crackers or mexicans talking about gringo this or that. I dont run off to sue, every culture thinks its better than everyone else, its no more significant than being a yankees fan and hating the red sox. Almost any game they fight one another. Perhaps a law providing additional penalties for a sox fan punching a yankees fan?

I use the words I use because I hate political correctness. I consider it a mental illness and dont believe in assigning a word that much power. Thats a bigger problem than hatred.
-------

Yes my attitude about this behavior is definately and deeply emotional. And yes i do tend to take it personally that people like me are so hated some would kill us to make their own lives more livable and in the name of Gods I have never even seen, nor have they.

-------Thats understandable. Whats not is claiming that christian america is on par with sharia. Most american churches have gay clergy now as an official policy. We know its obviously condoned unspokenly for he catholics. So you basically have the baptists and a few evangelicals. Their chief activity is advocating for or against certain laws. They have a right to do that. It may be annoying, like when I cant buy a beer for a sunday game in some counties, but its hardly like what they do in muslim communities, not even remotely close.
-----------------

Not liking gays is not the same as not liking a sport or a table, we are talking about human beings, not objects.

-------Its no different at all. I have met so many people I didnt like in my life I cant even count them all. I am not immoral for not liking them. I have a right to set the criteria for who I hang out with and make exceptions to my own rules.

How is telling someone who they must like and adding legal penalties for not exercising your own right to association in ways that boo2u chooses any different to what they do in the middle east?
-------------------

I am not understanding why we must tolerate this due to oil. But I also don't share the view that we should have no connection to the world outside our own country. I never understood giving china most favored nation status either. I do think the more isolated we are from other countries the more slowly we evolve as human beings.

-----------Because they can raise the price of oil and destroy us in a week. Everything is made with oil in it or energy it provides and shipped with it as the fuel...theres probably not one thing in your house oil was not used to make.

Having a connection or traveling to foreign lands is different to being dependent on them for critical economic things. We are one of the only countries that could be self sufficient, and we should be.

At least we agree on China:)

How is keeping our main industry...energy, food, manufacturing, military.....domestic in any way isolating us or slowing human "evolvement". What do you mean by that, what are we evolving into?
--------------------

I do not know the answer to this, I wish I did. I can only empathize with those who's lives are so fragile due to the rigid religious views of many human beings. It's very sad indeed. The more diverse we are as a country the more we are forced to face our prejudices and change comes slowly but surely.

I think you are right bout that. I think forcing the change makes people defensive and reactionary. I have always laid alot of the anti-gay violence at the feet of the militant gay activists who insist on being as gross and offensive as possible in their parades and activism. Who you screw shouldnt be that big of a deal and if it wasnt made into a subculture of mjilitants there would be alot more open minds in this country.