Shasta1's photo
Mon 08/16/10 04:03 PM
I know that feeling.

Shasta1's photo
Mon 08/16/10 03:20 PM

Its cool to be a spectator on this thread...its like hynotizin boooogie shocked

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 11:38 AM
and out came me, first in line (for the massage RaRalaugh :tongue: ).

I put in a metal coarse file

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 09:17 AM

I dont think its so much picking on the newbies, rude is rude no matter how long U have been here!! I will NOT tolerate anyone degrading someone else, no matter who it is. I will NOT set by and watch that happen, thats just the I was raised and cant change it!!

It's called *class* Mike. Some have it, some don't.waving

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 09:14 AM
Born in Virginia, raised in NY, Long Island.:heart:

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 09:06 AM

THESE ARE GENERALIZATIONS FOLKS, NO ONE IS BEING POINTED OUT. Maybe we've realized, as fun as it can be, there are still a handful who make life here rather difficult/dreary to be on here. I know I have .Who needs the grief, arguing, the dissing of people in threads. Not me I'm here for instance but there is absolutley nothing new on the boards, just the same few threads managed by a small handful of the same people in each one. When someone new makes a comment, they are ignored (maybe as a initiation rite- Couldn't figure that one out) or someone makes a smart aleck remark and more than once I have seen people deactivate from their own thread because of such.

There needs to be a little more explicity on the ground rules about adult behavior, since apparently some don't know what it means.
Also respecting others space, allowing them to be who they are, what they think. .

gosh Shasta there is a little of that here, but these forums are much better monitored than any of the SEVERAL I have been on before. I am on one site now that is SOOO bad it's a free for all. I actually see a new poster on here from that other site, and I just found out that she's here because the mods put her in "jail" over there. Heaven only knows what for. I had trouble - considerable - with her myself over there. I just hope she's learned something...so far she's been fine here.

Anyway my point is that these threads are really a much better environment than most - glad to meetcha
Same here SW. I haven't had your or others experiences with other sites but if you say so, I'll trust ya.flowerforyou Maybe am too much a hopeful optimist. This place really is a great place, just like mentioned- it's wearing when things are all haywire due to a couple of posters and their non-intimadating ways. If I go any further, some mod will kick my butt out. I just want to be able to go in and have some real intelligent, thought provoking, problem solving conversations with real folk in certain areas without feekling it is a few's ground and they run every thread down to their liking.

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 08:58 AM

THESE ARE GENERALIZATIONS FOLKS, NO ONE IS BEING POINTED OUT. Maybe we've realized, as fun as it can be, there are still a handful who make life here rather difficult/dreary to be on here. I know I have .Who needs the grief, arguing, the dissing of people in threads. Not me I'm here for instance but there is absolutley nothing new on the boards, just the same few threads managed by a small handful of the same people in each one. When someone new makes a comment, they are ignored (maybe as a initiation rite- Couldn't figure that one out) or someone makes a smart aleck remark and more than once I have seen people deactivate from their own thread because of such.

There needs to be a little more explicity on the ground rules about adult behavior, since apparently some don't know what it means.
Also respecting others space, allowing them to be who they are, what they think. .

Careful now... world peace might break out.

scary,scary. I guess M2 is just a shrunken world planet without the Holocaust, but then, it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 08:55 AM

Actually, these boards are very well monitored....sometimes too much so, but I'd rather too much than too little.

But, no matter where you go, online or IRL, there are those who just have to stir the pot. I handle it by ignoring it all. If someone emails me about someone else I just ignore it now. I don't get involved anymore....everyone has their own views on things and most of what we think about someone is simply our own perspective and judgement made with limited facts.

Yep, you definitely need to have a thick skin to post regularly in the forums. Over sensitivity will get you nowhere. Just ignore the bad and keep coming back for the good. I would miss you if you left, Shasta. flowerforyou

Yes, well my brother calls me Ms. Tact.laugh .Thank you Ruth,Iam sincerely flatteredblushing flowers You really get to see the inner workings of people on a place like this. I've seen people say things that really change my vote about them, mostly men. Not that they aren't nice people, but just those parts of them I wonder about. Being here almost a year, I can read threads and posts without looking who wrote them and can pick out alot of youse guys<G>.
I used to be sensitive but learned over the years that there's a time and place for everything in this world. I just know that I have come to this place and walked away feeling real good yet more and more are seeing little things that sit on the fence- so the OP/poster can say 'what? why that? I didn't mean' and the thread contnues. Has the whole world gone to apathy? And I walk away in disappointment.

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 04:14 AM
Edited by Shasta1 on Sun 08/15/10 04:35 AM

Shasta1's photo
Sun 08/15/10 12:29 AM

ah yeup, thats me alright ,even down to the bunny slippers.
And although my computer hasn't actually said it, I get the feeling.:tongue:

I got home from work today and spent 4 freakin' hours online. Take a 5 minute break to pee, give the dog a cookie, answer the phone, so on and so forth. Really out did my self I did. Feel like I wasted all that time, because it wasn't reseach or anything fruitul. NO, it was that darn FB. All of a sudden all these people knew in highschool have appeared, and it's so ridiculous.
Jill is watching the snow, thinking. 4 people like this. I'm just upset because I didn't paint like I wanted to, had planned to yet didn't. Good night all, or actually Good Morning by the time anyone reads this.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 06:31 AM

Good afternoon all...bright and sunny here today. Got Athoss' willie out and polished him up...lol
noway

As you can see Athoss changed my quote here and I am slightly embarresed, as you all know I don't talk like that..I think it rather rude that someone that doesn't even know me would do this....

I think you're right, but altogether he has appeared to be a nice guy on the up and up. Could it be the brittish humor? NOT trying to downplay your feelings MSFflowerforyou , I'd be pretty darn upset too.grumble

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 06:29 AM

I know Betty. You think you are just opening an innocent email and the virus is attached and steals your contact list and sends this stuff out without us knowing.

I won't open any attatchments for a while.The other day on yahoo I was chatting with Mary and this thing popped up saying I sent her an invite to photo share...Jayne I never sent it!grumble

I can never get online when you guys are due to being at work. I was just reading this, it only does it for IM?
Recently I've gotten mail from someone I don't know, a woman, so have just deleted it. Sorry Mods, but the need to know about this to me, is very critical. I can't afford another computer or even to get this one fixed....

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 06:16 AM
and out came Ben & Jerrys CarmelSutra.
(((Good morning Rara)))
I put in some green Iced tea with no sugar

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 06:11 AM
The birds are chirping and chasing each other over the seed in the feeder.

The sun is just coming up over the mountain's ridge.

I have been up all night, first time in years.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 05:35 AM

good morning all

It is now, the morning is just arriving with a touch of peach on the horizon.
Good Morning.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 05:32 AM

it's raining!

That makes me smile all the time, even get up and do the Happy Dance!

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 05:31 AM

that one made me giggle. Hi Ruth. Mornin' ya all, nice thread, nice people. YAY!

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 05:18 AM
Edited by Shasta1 on Sat 08/14/10 05:19 AM
My girlfriend's 10 month old grand daughter. I went over there after work and held her for a hour or so. She's such a good baby. And her brother, James, is 5, the most polite little boy I think I've met in a long, long time. He's my second honey. She had jsut gotten back from NY and took him out for breakfast. They took the long way home and she showed him where I live. he said "Lets go visit her" and she said oh no, she has to go to work. I laughed because it was about 9am and in no way was I up yet. Real nice to be remembered by little ones.:heart:

Shasta1's photo
Sat 08/14/10 04:10 AM
frustrated groaning.laugh

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25