Community > Posts By > Shasta1

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 10:25 PM
JM, you have a wonderful aura of confidence and being at peace. Rational thinking taught me a long time ago that if I asked and the answer was no, there was no loss as there never was. I can understand Viv's shying away, actually her entire point, and then yours at the same time.
There is quite a difference in thinking from the decades people came from. I've found men a little older than me to greatly older to be more old fashioned, they tend to not like to be approached. It's endearing but difficult to say the least when in such a situation because of exactly what the OP questioned. Men go through alot when it comes to dating, having the same anxieties now possibly more so.
Looking- the thing that works for me and alot of people is focus more on the other than your angst and it gets easier. Starting over at any age is difficult to begin with, thinking too much about it esp when in the middle of it takes away the sponteniety of the moment. If you think too much about it, you may end up avoiding it altogether. Have fun, if something is meant to be, it will be.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 10:10 PM

Heh there, what do y'all think of my pic?

Wait a minute while I clean my contacts!

well? are you still cleaning them or did you drop one and are looking for it now?:wink: flowerforyou
cute pic Viv...

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 10:08 PM

smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smasmack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack smack

can I quote you on that..?...oh, wait, I just did...bigsmile
I guess so since you already did :tongue:

are we gonna start that again?laugh :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 10:07 PM

Heh there, what do y'all think of my pic?

looks kinda old for a new one...

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 10:03 PM

you sure it isn't pms?laugh

I am pretty sure it's not that considering i am 7 months pregnant, although you could argue hormones. But.. im just sayin.

say no more...

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 09:59 PM
hurting

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 09:23 PM
done.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 12:46 PM

People did this kind of stuff before technology...

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 12:43 PM
I love a man with a beard...
once was asked to be one by this gay guy I worked with.laugh

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 12:29 PM
you sure it isn't pms?laugh

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 12:28 PM
Edited by Shasta1 on Tue 09/28/10 12:28 PM
penguins?:wink: :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/28/10 12:23 PM
I can't remember, but I was like "Uh, I know you, you're ...uh..uh..."
He was NOT happy couldn't remember his name.laugh

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/25/10 08:33 PM
I dunno, I was in a elevator with Al Sharpton, he's up there...

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/25/10 04:19 PM

Been there, done that.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 09/24/10 10:35 AM
No thanks. Like the way I look.

A sign lanquage book.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:44 PM
flowers for her hair.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:16 PM

My home planet, cause this sure ain't it.noway

Gee, Shasta1, I didn't know that you, too, were here hiding from the Alien Task Force. Where did you get the great human costume?

I'm not hiding from anybody. I made a L. instead of a right and somehow woke up here. I borrowed the human form but it's a secret how, and have to give it back when I can leave. Minus the wear and tear of course.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:08 PM
I don't watch the news anymore, am a much happier person since.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:01 PM

First of all is it manual or electric tank switching? If it is electric chances are that the switchover valve is bad. Use a multitester to make sure it isn't the switch has gone bad first. Now if it is a manually actuated valve check to make sure the linkage is hooked up and working. If the vale actuates but you get no fuel you got a plugged fuel line more than likely. Look for a crimped fuel line too. My money is a plugged strainer in the tank or possibly dirt and or corrosion in the line. If you are getting "red" in your fuel filter you need to check your tank and lines for water borne corrosion. Dual tanks can have a problem occur in that fuel can stay in the tank a long time before being used. Condensate can take over when the tank is left empty for long periods of time too. Water will bead on the inside when it gets cold enough and gets trapped under any gasoline left in the tank. It only takes a little water at a time to initiate corrosion in the fuel lines. One way to prevent this is to every once in a while toss a quart or two of Alcohol in the fuel to a full tank. Water and Alcohol mix, so does gasoline and alcohol. Drive the tank dry almost and hit with a full tank and a repeat treatment and you have dealt with the problem.

I have seen this before in dual tank trucks and have had to replace fuel lines clogged with rust before. I have also had to replace a couple of secondary fuel tanks in my time for corrosion problems.

Now this is an outside chance too. For a period of time Ford had the brilliant idea of using dual fuel filters off of each tank in some of their trucks. If you have one of these go for the secondary fuel filter first to see if it is clogged.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PULL THE GAS CAP OFF OF BOTH FUEL TANKS BEFORE SERVICING! They can actually pressurize themselves and you get the never ending flow of fuel from the tank becasue of that. Info offered on the Just in case thing.

If you got a compressor you can also blow backwards on the fuel line to possibly remove the obstruction but make sure you do it at a point where you cannot jack up a mechanical fuel pump.

Whoa, you really went into stuff that I can't work with, but I'll tell you what I know. It is a manual switch, and the tank has been full a long time. I didn't know it because my ex had filled it a couple of years ago when he borrowed it.
I don't have a multi tester. Possibly a plugged fuel line but I wanted to see what I can do before I hit the mechanic. The "red" was on the gas gauge,laugh , just wanted a idea of how much gas is left being so broke. I keep thinking of that Seinfield episode where Kramer goes out driving a new car with the sales guy and they keep driving to see how far they can get when the needle goes past the red. Anyway, it doesn't get that cold here and it's very dry (desert)- would the tank still get condensation in it? And where would the secondary fuel filter be located? It has 2 caty. converters so expecting it has 2 filters. I don't have a condenser to blow the lines, but do like to know what someone is telling me if I can't fix it myself. I appreciate it Andy.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 09:51 PM

Question 1. When the gas gage shows at the beginning of the red, go fill it up. If the owner's manual says it has a twenty gallon tank and you just put 18 gallons in it, you know it has two gallons in the red (it is probably more like four or five.)

Some tank valves are electric and some are manual. If yours is electric and you have a switch on the dash, go check the fuse. If the valve solenoid gets a little "sticky" it can blow the fuse. If so, replace the fuse and hit the valve with a squirt of WD40.

I know that I need to fill uplaugh , but am short about 300. this month so it's been something wondering about. Thanks.
And I always forget about checking those fuses. Will do tomarrow.
Thanks so much!

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25