Fri 11/26/10 12:39 PM

I have always felt.
That if you did not select a job.
A job would select you.
This can cause unhappiness.

I would find where I wanted to work.
I would look into what they need most,
and do that.

I've loved every job I had (well except for fast food, ugh!) but I am really wanting something different and something I can really be in control of.

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/26/10 12:39 PM

There is a huge demand for home health aides. If you get in there they may even be willing to send you to a nursing program.
They by no means will pay all of it usually just 1 or 20000 with a contract.

I am to the point that i don't want to sit behind a desk for 8 hours, I want to be helping people, I want to feel like I am making a difference. Being laid off really wasn't a bad thing for me.

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/26/10 12:38 PM

is there something specific that really gets your attention

Massage therapy is what I am leaning towards. Its always been a passion of mine. Helping to relax people, soft music playing, candles lit, lights off, helping them to just forget the world for an hour.

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/26/10 12:26 PM

you are quite welcome. always happy to help

laugh laugh laugh

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/26/10 12:23 PM

why don't you post your concerns on a public site where you can get input from different people who might be in or know about the career fields you are interested in

Well thanks, I may just do that.........

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/26/10 12:19 PM
I am really getting confused now that I have decided to go back to school while unemployed. The more I think about it, the more I am confused as to what I want to go for. At first I was clear that it was massage therapy, but now I am leaning towards home health aide, medical assisting, medical transcription or office administration.

I am so afraid I'll go for the wrong thing and not be happy, this is my only chance to get it right and to get it right the first time around.
frustrated frustrated

njmom05's photo
Tue 11/23/10 06:25 PM
Once a cheat, always a cheat. Move on to someone who won't hurt you.

njmom05's photo
Tue 11/23/10 03:21 PM
Sending prayers flowerforyou flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 06:41 PM

Sorry to hear that, going back to school is a GREAT idea!

Good Luck to you!

Thanks and yep I think so too. Its finally time for myself and to do what I've wanted to do for a long time. flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 06:41 PM

I've been outta work since April....:cry:

Its really hard to find anything out there. I have been on job sites off and on all weekend and there is nothing that I would even be remotely interested in applying for. Guess I'll see about going back to school.

Good luck in your search. flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 02:10 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 02:09 PM
flowerforyou Happy Birthday! flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 11:09 AM
flowerforyou Happy Birthday! flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 04:05 AM

Wow, sorry about that, i lost my job of 6 years as well a few months ago. Keep on moving dont stop! We just gotta move on i guess and join the crowd. Good luck with a job search.

Thanks, as long as I can get schooling funded, that is what I really want to do. If not, I'll be looking right after the holidays.
flowerforyou flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sun 11/21/10 04:05 AM

I am now among the unemployed. Got laid off today from a job I've been at for 5 years. Company was sold, admin work is now done in IL.
ohwell ohwell ohwell ohwell

Monster.com and Net-temps.com are great sites to post your resume on. I've gotten calls from employers pretty quick using them.

One thing about it though is that you may get solicitation calls, and be careful not to get scammed.

Good luck!

If you're thinking about going back to school, check Everest.edu and fafsa.ed.gov. Also check out classesandcareers.com.

Thanks for the info. :smile:
I have received 2 job offers so far, but both are out of state and I cannot move right now. I've requested info from 2 local accredited massage therapy schools. I am on most job boards with an updated resume. I am not a job jumper so my resume pretty much speaks for itself.

If have more good job sites bookmarked on StumbleUpon, if you want to check them out.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/totage/

Wow, thanks. Thats a huge help.
flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Sat 11/20/10 06:32 PM

I am now among the unemployed. Got laid off today from a job I've been at for 5 years. Company was sold, admin work is now done in IL.
ohwell ohwell ohwell ohwell

Monster.com and Net-temps.com are great sites to post your resume on. I've gotten calls from employers pretty quick using them.

One thing about it though is that you may get solicitation calls, and be careful not to get scammed.

Good luck!

If you're thinking about going back to school, check Everest.edu and fafsa.ed.gov. Also check out classesandcareers.com.

Thanks for the info. :smile:
I have received 2 job offers so far, but both are out of state and I cannot move right now. I've requested info from 2 local accredited massage therapy schools. I am on most job boards with an updated resume. I am not a job jumper so my resume pretty much speaks for itself.

njmom05's photo
Sat 11/20/10 10:59 AM

Sorry to hear that...good luck to you....

Thanks, so far I am looking into going back to school.

njmom05's photo
Sat 11/20/10 10:59 AM

Sorry to hear that sweety, its happened to alot of us this past year and it sucks, all U can do is keep on keepin on and look to the future!!flowerforyou

Thanks Mikey, I know there are sooo many out there who have been laid off. Hopefully everyone has a plan to move forward.

njmom05's photo
Sat 11/20/10 04:08 AM

it`s great that you have a plan! best of luck to you :smile:

Thanks. I have wanted to go back to school for so long, but working 60 hours a week and having sole custody of a special needs child left little time for what I wanted to do. :smile: :smile:

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/19/10 05:44 PM

Good luck, njmom, hopefully everything works out.flowerforyou flowerforyou

Thanks. I feel surprisingly good right now. It'll feel weird not driving to work on Monday though. ohwell
flowerforyou