Community > Posts By > njmom05

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/05/10 05:29 PM

w/b :smile:

Thanks!
flowerforyou flowerforyou

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/05/10 05:24 PM
Howdy everyone. I'm not new but deactivated for a bit but decided to come back and see how everyone is doing.
waving waving waving waving waving

njmom05's photo
Fri 11/05/10 05:23 PM
Hi everyone. Did you notice I was gone!?!?!?! laugh laugh

njmom05's photo
Sun 09/19/10 12:05 PM
Scorpio through and through. bigsmile

njmom05's photo
Sun 09/19/10 12:04 PM
Awe...Jeremy got doggie kisses! Prayers for a successful surgery.

njmom05's photo
Wed 09/15/10 04:22 PM
Good evening everyone. I get to work at home tomorrow, yeah! :banana:

njmom05's photo
Wed 09/15/10 04:21 PM
Prayers for your dad.

njmom05's photo
Tue 09/14/10 06:30 AM

Sending continued prayers for Maddy.

Thank you sweety,things are going pretty well for Maddy!
Always sending prayers your way.flowers :angel:

Awe..I am so glad to hear all is well with sweet Maddy May! Hugs and prayers to her always.flowerforyou Thanks for our prayers as well, we are dealing with some behavior issues, I hate to medicate him but I can't let him continue much longer either. We'll see how he does as the school year progresses. spock

I hope you get things under control soon.flowerforyou flowers

Thanks! I am meeting his teacher on Friday so I'll find out if the behaviors are both at home and at school.

How are Destiny and new baby?

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 12:28 PM

Thank you sweety,things are going pretty well for Maddy!
Always sending prayers your way.flowers :angel:

Awe..I am so glad to hear all is well with sweet Maddy May! Hugs and prayers to her always.flowerforyou Thanks for our prayers as well, we are dealing with some behavior issues, I hate to medicate him but I can't let him continue much longer either. We'll see how he does as the school year progresses. spock

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 12:24 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 09:58 AM
Good afternoon, hope everyone had a great weekend.

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 09:07 AM

I say call a Lawyer it will not cost you a thing. If I'm sure which I'm pretty sure your only bound by a written contract.

Ones word use to hold in court but now days unless it is written down it is no good.

On the second note the Landlord did make a written contract for the first least. Once it ran out unless there is another contract written up and signed by both party's it then becomes a month to month contract.

My little sister is a Manager for a apartment complex and has been for like 10 years. Contracts is what makes their court cases when they have to go to court.

Other wise it will be their word against yours which the courts can not go on for who knows which one is telling the truth. Check with your renters rights in your area you normally can pull them up on the internet for your state.

Regardless what your landlord says he did in fact make you sign a written contract the first time which shows the Judge that is in fact his normal way in dealing with renters. Looks like he is making up his rules as he goes along.

Thanks Kristi and everyone. I can almost bet since he says that he makes everyone sign a new lease that there isn't an auto renewal. If there was, then he wouldn't need to have a new lease made up.

All I need is for the noise to reduce. They kept my son up til after 10pm on Friday night with all of their noise, that to me is not acceptable.

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 08:45 AM

Go over your original lease and see if there is any auto renew clause or anything regarding that.

My landlord told me that he has his tenants sign a new years lease at the end of the previous year. So that means he should have had me sign a new lease in July 2010. He said that he wasn't going to raise my rent and also allow me to continue having access to the basement laundry and that he wanted me to stay for another year. He also told me that to protect himself he never lets his tenants go month to month.

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 07:57 AM

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 07:56 AM

im pretty sure a verbal agreement is the same as on paper flowerforyou

What if you had to deal with some screaming azz kid?........smokin

Screaming, stomping, yelling, staring in our windows when they are on the front porch!
grumble explode grumble explode

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 07:56 AM

I don't know about the USA... But up here, If he can prove a history of lease payments from you in years past... it's kinda auto-renew

good luck

Typically what happens here is you sign a year's lease for the first year and go month to month after the first year is up. My history with landlords is that they all have had me sign another year after the first lease ends.

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 07:34 AM

You actually can be held to a verbal agreement in civil court.......if there were witnesses to the verbal agreement.....does not necessarily need to be in writing for a verbal agreement to be upheld in court. Most LL's probably would not push it that far because of the expenses to do so but some would based on pricipal and if they think they have a strong case......well maybe......would talk to your LL first though

There weren't any witnesses to the verbal agreement. But what you said makes sense. I would never stiff him, he has actually been a really good landlord considering how awful some of them can be. I think I need to gently bring it up that his new 'roomie' is really loud.

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 07:22 AM
Yep, that was my feeling as well.

njmom05's photo
Mon 09/13/10 07:16 AM
I have a quick question to anyone who is a landlord. I have lived in my current apartment since July 2009. My lease expired in July 2010 and the landlord basically made a verbal lease with me saying that my new lease runs from July 2010 through July 2011. In the meantime, he has moved in his uncle and his 6 yr old son (who is only there every other weekend). They are REALLY noisy, I told the landlord before I rented that I came from a house that was noisy and wouldn't tolerate it again. They live above me and its constant noise.

My question is, since he only gave me a verbal lease am I bound to stay there until July 2011?

He told me that he never lets a tenant go month to month and always has them sign another year's lease, which after asking him a couple times he still has not had me sign anything for another year. I love where I live and really don't want to move, but if it gets too much I won't put up with the noise.

njmom05's photo
Sat 09/11/10 05:51 AM
Good morning all! God Bless America!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next