Community > Posts By > booksaresexy

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 11:01 PM
I think as long as you share an emotional and mental connection (and you're both legal, of course), there's nothing wrong with dating someone younger/older.

I have dated guys younger, older, and even the exact same age...I just can't seem to get along with anybody. Maybe I'm a lost cause :)

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 10:49 PM
Single parenting IS hard...so very, very hard. But I wouldn't want to go back and change a thing!

I get frustrated with my son's dad sometimes, but if I spend all of my time focusing on what he ISN'T doing, I won't ever allow myself to appreciate all of the things he DOES do. I think that mentality is what makes us get along and consider each other friends.

The most important person in this equation is your baby, and as long as SOMEBODY is making him happy and taking care of him, he'll be just fine.

no photo
Thu 09/03/09 08:45 PM
Of course we should.

no photo
Thu 09/03/09 08:37 PM
I live in an area where the summers are hot (110+ every day), and if I don't wear my flip flops, my feet get all gross and sweaty!

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 09:28 PM
I buy them, but it seems like everyone who wins in California is rich already! Probably because they have the money to buy hundreds of tickets a week...

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 06:27 PM
Hellowaving

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 04:12 PM
IF he's bi, you should tell him. But make it clear that you don't expect anything from him and want to continue to be his friend. Worst case scenario, he'll run far away and ignore you. And if that's the case, you probably deserve better anyways!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 04:09 PM
I don't think so. I handle every break up differently.

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 04:07 PM
Most of my close/long term friends have wronged me somehow. I'm very selective about who I will call a friend. I have lots of acquaintances, but it takes a long time for someone to earn my trust. So, most acquaintances I have fade away before I consider them close. I don't know if that means there's something wrong with me or not :smile:

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 04:04 PM
I've met a couple. They're hard to find :)

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 04:01 PM
It's always been dinner for me.

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 02:06 PM

I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere

Gummi Bears!

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 03:48 PM
I prefer military men :heart:

Good thing I grew up 15 minutes away from a Marine base :thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 03:40 PM

Yes, he wants to play sports, at least he says he does. He has played since he was 5. I would never push my child to do something he doesn't wanna do. Maybe he feels he has to. Good point!

Yes, he has always had the "good support" shoes. He has flat feet.
When he wants shoes other kids have, like Nike Shox, I always by him the good insoles so his feet don't hurt.

Where would I even begin to look for a health clinic?
This is the first time I haven't had a job or insurance in 9 years.
This is all new to me.

Have you tried going to the welfare office and applying for health insurance? I know a lot of people are against welfare, but sometimes circumstances are beyond our control :(

Hope everything is ok with your son & you find a way to get him checked out. Good luck!

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 03:38 PM
Yep this describes me perfectly!

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 01:50 PM
Eyes and hands on a man...

On myself? My girls of course :tongue:

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 01:47 PM
No. I'd rather be single for as long as it takes to find the right person than fool myself into thinking lowering my standards would make me happier.

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 01:42 PM

I tried really hard to make my relationship with my son's father work out. I thought everything was ok until he left for Iraq and didn't talk to me the entire time he was gone. After about a month of no phone calls/emails/letters...I just realized he had moved on and that I should do the same. It was hard because I was pregnant, but I couldn't waste my time wanting somebody who didn't want me.

You're stronger than you ever thought you were and mature beyond your years. flowerforyou

Aww thank you flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:09 AM

YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!!!!! rofl

You beat me to it!

no photo
Mon 08/31/09 09:28 PM
I miss Godric. I wanted to put him in my pocket and take him everywhere with me, like a little Pocket Messiah.