Community > Posts By > unconventional

unconventional's photo
Fri 07/31/09 11:26 AM

How do Ýou feel about open relationship? My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 6 months now and we have an "open" relationship. By that I mean that we both have permission from the other to date and be intimate with other people. I have met some people that are outraged by such a thing and other think its great. We both use protection and only "play" safe. What do you think?
I think to HAVE a relationship that YOU call it one, IT NEEDS to be closed as to SHARING intimicy with another...
IF THATS what ya want,,,WHY have ANY relationship, stay single and just date???? Life is complexed enough without twisting it futher to wonder what TWO our feeling or sharing,wink,lol

Why don't YOU say this right.

HEY, I am involved with a chick but we both like to sleep with everyone else,,SOMETIMES. Are YOU interested????

There,,NOW THATS TRUTH, man. In my mind..

I second that. I have several friends that have open "marriages" its a joke, Its called sleeping around and in no way constitutes a healthy relationship. It also lessens the sancitity of the term. When i want to date, I date (dateing usually involves more than one person, at least for me), having sex with more than one person is disrespectiful, mostly to your self. Dont give me any crap about a high sex drive, I got one of them too. Learn some self controll and you wont get so bored with your partner, or try a little expermentation. Or go play with the rest of the slu@@ er swingers.

unconventional's photo
Fri 07/31/09 11:05 AM
I have preferences, Im not shallow.frustrated I find all sorts of different people hot, especially if they live within 50 miles of me. Unfortunately lifestyle and communication preferences are vital.sad Im not into dirt bikes or sports. Anyone got a suit of armor and bash people with sticks on the weekend, that’s hot.love

unconventional's photo
Fri 07/31/09 10:40 AM
I also have a preference that a man I am dating not have kids, or at least small children (under 14 or 15). For me it is almost a double standard, my kid is 16. The hassle of basically being a baby sitter and doing the kid thing is not my cup of tea. I already did the little kid thing and have no desire to repeat it, and the momma drama, no thank you. In addition, some peoples kids are just brats, its not fair to me, to continually have to deal with their child’s lack of boundaries, respect, or manners and the resulting strain it puts on a relationship.

unconventional's photo
Thu 07/23/09 12:43 PM

she should worry!!!

..... about her petty jealousy....

her low self esteem...

I don't really think it's jealousy or even low self esteem. I think it would be sick to be jealous over a man's daughter. It seems like she's worried about an unnatural relationship between them. Did I mention that his daughter was taken away from him when she was a child during the custody battle?....Sorry I forgot about that part.

sick paranioa, and yet she thinks she should marry him. With thoes types of suspissions. Poor man wonder what else he will have to go through over the next 5 years before the divorce. just my gut reaction.

unconventional's photo
Thu 07/23/09 12:38 PM
I truly don’t think love can be defined, its mechanics are different for everyone. But when you know how someone else defines their mechanics of love and you put forth an effort to respect their feelings, you are on your way to love.

unconventional's photo
Thu 07/23/09 01:42 AM

UNCONVENTIONAL > :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The following needs to be etched in stone somewhere!

Thats the sad part of "relationship oriented guys" they are so quick to materialize a relationship before a freindship sets in or real compatibality has been established. There is no harm in dateing, and mr. wonderfull is never all hes cracked up to be.

It seems like everyone's wanting an instant relationship without the groundwork and this is why so many fail.

Wow! I agree. This just clarified something for me from a past relationship. I'm glad you reposted it, I hadn't caught it the first time.

OP.......Sounds like you have your head on straight and this guy did not. Good luck to you!

Thanx it took me awhile to learn that particular lesson. Its almost a mantra nowthink

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:59 PM
Trust me, it depends. Big trust or little trust....but in general no...cuz thoes you trust are human too. I dont even trust myself. But I am known to have temporary lapses of sanity.

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:51 PM

Apparently I just made an a** of myself due to what I said about women not being sure what they want in a man, in the essence thread. I invite all of you ladies to tell me all the things that men should know about ladies before interacting with them.

whats funny is i kinda agree with you!

SOME women know what they DON'T want.. but not exactly what they want.

funny how that works.

I myself can say that it depends on the man. i judge by face to face interaction. i know when i see it. hear it. touch it. prior to that.. i'm just as lost as you.

So, so true. I know what I dont want, I kinda know what I do want. And it does depend on the man. its not about being the nice guy, its not about looks, its not about toys and money. Its that interaction that clicks.

bingo!

because he could be the most amazing man on earth but if i don't feel it in my gut... then i'm done with him.

In a heart beat, cuz my happiness is what matters and I can feel it, like a electrical zap. And If i try to fake it we are both unhappy

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:48 PM

Well i think it's funny, all the profiles say seeking a nice honest REAL man, but yet some people would settle for an A**hole. I just dont get that, but anyway..... This girl dont settle, haha

I think if you dont click on some level, leave it, there's gotta be more men out there, right?
I tend to agree...if you do not have something in common....eventually that chemical attraction that you jump each others bones will eventually fizzle out..

I totally agree!!!

I second that. My last relationship was started on a basis of lust, but as soon as we got to know each other it became more and more apparent that we were incompatible. The majority of our relationship seemed to be" Damn she's sexy, how am I going to extract myself from this situation. Damn she's sexy.

Its called dateing, dont jump into a relationship.

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:46 PM

Apparently I just made an a** of myself due to what I said about women not being sure what they want in a man, in the essence thread. I invite all of you ladies to tell me all the things that men should know about ladies before interacting with them.

whats funny is i kinda agree with you!

SOME women know what they DON'T want.. but not exactly what they want.

funny how that works.

I myself can say that it depends on the man. i judge by face to face interaction. i know when i see it. hear it. touch it. prior to that.. i'm just as lost as you.

So, so true. I know what I dont want, I kinda know what I do want. And it does depend on the man. its not about being the nice guy, its not about looks, its not about toys and money. Its that interaction that clicks.

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:38 PM

Ok, so I was on this site almost 24/7....even met up with a few people. But everyone just wanted to play games. Seriously, at this point I just want to get out of the house and meet people. It doesn't have to be love, or hell even a date. But a conversation with something other than my cat would be WONDERFUL!!!

Hey Kentucky, Im too far away to kick it. I love talking to my ferret though. But I can relate. Develope an extreamly dorkey hobby. The people you find there are usually the best and they are mostly genuine. For example the SCA, lots and lots of fun, thats what i did. :banana:

Get off line, turn off the computer, leave the house flowerforyou

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:25 PM
Aww honey, I am sorry for you. Unfortunatly this is a common occurance. At least it was only two months even though the hurt and betrayal is still there. Wnen people are lonely and they make a connection, its like euphoria, and insta relationship sets in. I hope that doesnt offend anyone flowerforyou . More tears have been cried over my bar from both sexes, over this situation. Myself included. Patience is best for a budding relationship, milestones should not be crammed into a 6 month spread.

His problem wasnt drugs or mental disorder, its was a lack of honesty and a failure to communicate. Read hes just not that into you, it is good, skip the movie though. Thats the sad part of "relationship oriented guys" they are so quick to materialize a relationship before a freindship sets in or real compatibality has been established. There is no harm in dateing, and mr. wonderfull is never all hes cracked up to be.

I wish you better success and happiness next time :heart:

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 02:00 PM

I think so and think not in a way. In person, we don't come with profile tags around our necks. You can't spot a good person from a bad one from across the room (or across the country in the case of online dating). Of course people can be pretty deceptive anywhere, but picking and choosing online is somewhat easier when you can sort through people based on pictures and what they have to say about themselves. In public, all you really have are looks and the way a person is interacting with their current setting. But online, you're looking through people and getting a better view of who they might be and getting to choose whether or not to skip them on by. In real life, we're typically more careful who we approach because changing our minds isn't quite so easy. I hope this makes some sense. I am kinda rambling at random. Just that real life has no "yes" "no" or "maybe" button, and it doesn't have a "block" button. So it's really kinda hard to say we're more picky online or in real life, but I believe more careful in it.

I agree with this not so rambly statement.I wouldnt say i am more picky online. More open to communicating with someone I dont know online than in reality. There is a saftey net online and drama can be easily elliminated.
Im not sure if picky is the right word eaither. You have an agenda, weather that agenda is meeting new friends or expanding your options for a potiential mate. Its good to have your agenda defined, there is nothing "picky" about having an age bracket or a system of filtering. its common sence. Unfortunatly some peoples filters are shallow, but than they miss out on many wonderfull life experiences in reality as well. Some people are preditory, online and off, I was a bartender for too long to not be able to spot that breed (filters are good). If you have expectations of people, and let them know, they will live up to them (yea) or go away (also yea). Just my two cents.drinks drinks flowerforyou

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:58 AM
I agree, and write something. message, message, message. its not that hard to write a few lines, it shows interest and self esteem.

unconventional's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:33 AM
serendipity