Community > Posts By > ohshizabear

no photo
Sat 04/09/11 08:26 PM

Insanity is perfectly natural, that's what the voices in my head keep telling me anyway.

Really? Mine tell me that I'm effing psycho.

no photo
Sat 04/09/11 08:05 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sat 04/09/11 08:16 PM

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

History repeats itself.

What does that say about society?

no photo
Sat 04/09/11 07:32 PM
the only sane response to an insane society.

the Szas

no photo
Sat 04/02/11 12:53 PM
I've been told many times "You can be happy or you can be right."

Still struggling with that one.

no photo
Fri 04/01/11 09:03 PM
Have a big dick.

no photo
Fri 04/01/11 08:59 PM
Do you ever feel like you're being too reasonable in an argument? Like hearing the other person express their point of view makes you want to accommodate them to some degree, but that only makes them more mad?

I get it, I'm stupid. But I genuinely care. Why do my roommates have to listen to stupid **** like arguments about why I don't call you while you're at work? Or how whether I admit I'm wrong or if I stand my ground, you only get more and more angry?

**** you. Rant over.

no photo
Sat 03/19/11 06:24 PM

[the real problem is] the adult who thinks it's okay to rape people.

I don't think any real adult thinks it's okay to rape people, at any age, sex, IQ or religious conviction.

But they do.

That's the point.

How children dress is irrelevant because a "real adult" is supposed to know that it's wrong to sexually molest people regardless of how they act or dress.

no photo
Fri 03/18/11 08:08 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Fri 03/18/11 08:10 PM

HAHA I see where you are comming from CHAZZ don't fret you are not alone. I completely agree with you and understand the way you are looking at that senario. It is hard to explain something or try to further understand something when someone is so blinded by the grotesque nature of the deed. It follows a pattern if you were to add anything to the original story about the girl, the worst part about the story would always be the part everyone picks out to quote. For example

Story #1: A young lady was raped today.
People's reaction: It's never ok to rape someone.

Story #2: A young lady was raped today. She happened to be 11 years old.
People's reaction: I can't believe they raped an 11 year old.

Story #3: A young lady was raped today. She happened to be 11 years old and mentally handicapped.
People's reaction: How disturbing they raped the mentally ill.

Let me fix those for you.

Story #1: A young lady was raped today.
Chazz's reaction: Well maybe they wouldn't have raped her if she wasn't dressed like a prostitute.

Story #2: A young lady was raped today. She happened to be 11 years old.
Chazz's reaction: Well maybe they wouldn't have raped her if they knew how old she was.

Story #3: A young lady was raped today. She happened to be 11 years old and mentally handicapped.
Chazz's reaction: Well, maybe they wouldn't have done it if they knew she was handicapped.

That's essentially the differentiation that Chazz is making.

Even if the 11 year old girl was dressed like a hooker, is the correct reaction to rape her? Of course not, and I assume you don't think it is either. An 11 year old who doesn't know how to dress their self isn't the real problem, it's the adult who thinks it's okay to rape people.

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 11:49 PM

Yes rape is bad and people will do it. If you can understand a rapists motivations for choosing a target then you can take steps to protect your loved ones. Is that a hard concept to understand? No I am not saying they wouldn't have raped someone but I am saying there is a possibility they would have chosen someone else assuming the victim was a stranger and there was no personal connection. For example serial rapists have a pattern. They usually rape people that have similar characteristics in some way. Criminologists study the victims and try to find some connection so they can more easily capture the person and protect the public.

My point was not to assume the rapists motivations or if the way the girl dressed or presented her self mattered to them. I was saying it would be a good question to ask. If the answer is no then its no. No harm. If the answer is yes then families may consider being stricter with their young daughters clothing. I don't see the harm in wanting to know the answer or wanting to ask the question yet people get so angry for no reason.

If you're just posing a question, then you're ignoring the answers you're getting.

Let's put it this way, if you saw girl of any age who was dressed provocatively, would you rape her with 18 of your friends? Cause that's the story. Is that the course of action a normally functioning individual takes? Is that the kind of person who should be roaming around to eventually "get mislead" by any other girl who's dressed a certain way?

Really guy, you're talking about preventing forest fires by getting rid of forests. The guy who lit the fire sure thought burning the tree was a good idea, maybe it's the trees' fault for looking so flammable...

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 06:29 PM

usually makes me think "Really? This is what you have going on in your head all the time?" And I know that when talk about those things, people probably look at me the same way if they have their head on straight. Am I crazy? No. You're just stupid.

No, you are...

No, YOU ARE!!!

Just so you know, I just won every argument you and I could ever have about politics.

clever bear,,,

Right? How nice it is to be a college student and have everything figured out...

lol,, bummer that you have nothing else to look forward to until ya die,,,tongue2

There's always the apocalypse. I think I'll make it to see that. That is, if Jesus doesn't come first.

oh my

Thank you for stopping short of taking the lord's name in vain.

You will be spared when the apocalypse comes.

I personally might be effed in the proverbial A.

"Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here." from the 1997 movie 'As Good as It Gets' with Jack Nicholson.

"I'm not just talking about my wife, I'm talking about my LIFE, I can't seem to get that through to you. I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody. I'm talking about form. I'm talking about content. I'm talking about interrelationships. I'm talking about God, the devil, Hell, Heaven. Do you understand... FINALLY?" from 1975's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," also with Jack Nicholson.

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 05:57 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Thu 03/17/11 06:09 PM

I DON'T CARE IF THE GIRL WAS NUDE, SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD.

Here is a quote from you. I am not saying it is less bad or more bad.
And no you are not mirroring me you are trying to put words in my mouth. I am saying that you can't take the attitude of the line above is she was trying to present herself as older.

For example, if a guy is in a bar and picks up a girl and then takes her home and after the fact he finds out she was 16 or 15 or w/e did he can you take the attitude omg you slept with a 15/16 year old? Who either had a fake ID or got into the club because she was friends with the bouncer etc.

I don't know the criminals in this case. Maybe they are fine with raping but maybe they wouldn't rape an 11 year old if they thought she was that young. I can't say. I was only saying it is a good question to ask and if the age came up as an issue at trial I am sure his lawyer brought it up.

I think the real point is that she doesn't see why you are raising questions that work to lessen the crime. Somebody got raped by other people and she was 11.

Any other details are peripheral, so to look past the main point of the story to find a reason why the rapists aren't so bad is a little weird. Especially when you're only hearing about the story through another person.

Picking up a girl at a bar and finding out she lied to you is different from gang rape. Granted, I haven't heard the story either, but I doubt she was showing a fake ID in attempt to prove to the rapists that she was really 21 while they were molesting her. It's one thing to have desires without knowing the real situation, it's another to decide that your desires are more important than the situation.

Sorry if she can't understand that some people seek a further understanding. Einstein said everything is relative.

Now I don't think she or her parents are to blame for anything, but if the rapist admitted that they targeted her because of what she was wearing wouldn't you as a parent want to know this? Wouldn't you change your child's clothes to try to avoid this in the future?

It's like walking through a bad neighborhood and getting robbed. It's not your fault you got robbed but if you would have walked a different way maybe they wouldn't have robbed you. Don't people that live near gang territories avoid wearing gang colors?

If I was a parent I would want to know why they chose her so I could better protect my own child. At 11 years old its up to the parents to limit what their child wears. You have to buy their clothes so you are responsible.

Honestly though, we're talking about somebody who has just physically forced their self upon somebody. Do you really believe somebody who does something like that when they say that they wouldn't have made the decision to go through all the steps of molesting somebody had their victim been wearing something else? Like they just lost control of their self and if the same person had worn slightly different attire, they wouldn't have decided to rape them. If you honestly believe that, I have a REALLY nice bridge you can buy.

You're literally hearing a story about two people, someone dressing misleadingly and someone WHO RAPES PEOPLE, and looking to the person with the dress code issue as if THEY'RE the one who should have approached the situation differently. Here's a different idea, let's focus less on people dressing the way they want and more on the people who try to justify physically terrorizing people.

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 02:46 PM

I DON'T CARE IF THE GIRL WAS NUDE, SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD.

Here is a quote from you. I am not saying it is less bad or more bad.
And no you are not mirroring me you are trying to put words in my mouth. I am saying that you can't take the attitude of the line above is she was trying to present herself as older.

For example, if a guy is in a bar and picks up a girl and then takes her home and after the fact he finds out she was 16 or 15 or w/e did he can you take the attitude omg you slept with a 15/16 year old? Who either had a fake ID or got into the club because she was friends with the bouncer etc.

I don't know the criminals in this case. Maybe they are fine with raping but maybe they wouldn't rape an 11 year old if they thought she was that young. I can't say. I was only saying it is a good question to ask and if the age came up as an issue at trial I am sure his lawyer brought it up.

I think the real point is that she doesn't see why you are raising questions that work to lessen the crime. Somebody got raped by other people and she was 11.

Any other details are peripheral, so to look past the main point of the story to find a reason why the rapists aren't so bad is a little weird. Especially when you're only hearing about the story through another person.

Picking up a girl at a bar and finding out she lied to you is different from gang rape. Granted, I haven't heard the story either, but I doubt she was showing a fake ID in attempt to prove to the rapists that she was really 21 while they were molesting her. It's one thing to have desires without knowing the real situation, it's another to decide that your desires are more important than the situation.

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 02:19 PM

usually makes me think "Really? This is what you have going on in your head all the time?" And I know that when talk about those things, people probably look at me the same way if they have their head on straight. Am I crazy? No. You're just stupid.

No, you are...

No, YOU ARE!!!

Just so you know, I just won every argument you and I could ever have about politics.

clever bear,,,

Right? How nice it is to be a college student and have everything figured out...

lol,, bummer that you have nothing else to look forward to until ya die,,,tongue2

There's always the apocalypse. I think I'll make it to see that. That is, if Jesus doesn't come first.

oh my

Thank you for stopping short of taking the lord's name in vain.

You will be spared when the apocalypse comes.

I personally might be effed in the proverbial A.

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 01:58 PM

No, you are...

No, YOU ARE!!!

clever bear,,,

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 01:52 PM

No, you are...

No, YOU ARE!!!

clever bear,,,

no photo
Thu 03/17/11 01:21 PM

No, you are...

No, YOU ARE!!!

no photo
Wed 03/16/11 10:31 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Wed 03/16/11 10:33 PM

so what's the point here? heck, half the humans breeding dogs don't even understand the process! Dogs have been domesticated and selectively bred for about 20 thousand years now...they are far from wolves.

The point is that the way they live their lives is determined by things beyond their understanding, yet people believe they have a handle on how things work in their own personal lives.

They are unaware of this fact & live life in the "here & now"!

There are many things beyond our control & understanding as humans too. Our lives are affected by energy fields in outer space, the magnetic pull of the moon, asteroids, etc. which we do not understand a great deal about! We are affected by circumstances we are unable to predict, things in the environment we can not see, smell, feel, or hear!
People that think they have it all figured out are fools my friend.

Considering that things like radio waves and wifi are bouncing around us all the time without alerting our senses, and those are things that were created by us, I just think it's good for people to consider that there are things at work in their life that they don't understand. I'm not going to say I know much about anything, but it scares me when people start to take a solid stance on something without considering they might have a limited understanding of the situation.

no photo
Wed 03/16/11 10:11 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Wed 03/16/11 10:15 PM

You know nothing with any certainty, which means that there are certainly some things that you could know. But in reality... Nevermind.

no photo
Wed 03/16/11 10:04 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Wed 03/16/11 10:05 PM

so what's the point here? heck, half the humans breeding dogs don't even understand the process! Dogs have been domesticated and selectively bred for about 20 thousand years now...they are far from wolves.

The point is that the way they live their lives are determined by things beyond their understanding, yet people believe they have a handle on how things work in their own personal lives.

no photo
Wed 03/16/11 09:47 PM

Or a horse could have wings that we cant see.
And fairies could really do our cleaning..
Wish they would do mine.ohwell

Or a dog could be a diluted form of a wolf through many years of breeding and processes which a dog could never comprehend.