Community > Posts By > ohshizabear

no photo
Wed 03/16/11 08:56 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Wed 03/16/11 08:57 PM
Consider that a dog could be a wolf if it weren't for circumstances far beyond its understanding.

no photo
Fri 01/07/11 09:13 AM
I heard a couple pretty good quotes this week, my favorite being from Mike Tyson while talking about the power of women.

"I've had it all. I've had money, I've had fame, but if god invented anything better than p*ssy, he's keeping it for himself."

Quotes of the week anyone?

no photo
Tue 12/28/10 10:29 AM

Yeah. Well, there is always costs and benefits to every species. Since our brains and population has evolved to be so large, human brains are just more susceptible to an array of illnesses. No other species unless invaded by a parasite behaves in a way to end their life. We are suppose to live to survive by instinct, not live to die.

No other species? Apparently you've never seen an ant death spiral, in which an entire colony of ants will swirl in upon itself until all the ants die.

There are also cases of dogs and cats that will refuse food and water until they die of hunger following the death of an owner.

And as for the complexity of our brain being the cause of so many illnesses, I'm curious as to what part of our bodies you don't think are susceptible to disease or illness. Or are you referring specifically to mental illness?

no photo
Wed 12/22/10 02:38 PM
Empty bottles were piled into the bags they'd arrived in.

The young drunk returned to a long-abandoned glass to find that that several fruit flies had drowned themselves in the remaining wine.

He laughed at their folly even though he was already neck deep.

no photo
Fri 11/19/10 12:51 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Fri 11/19/10 12:54 PM

JUST CONSIDER THE FACT .....YOU GET TO KNOW WHAT YA GOTTA HAVE :-

# There are 68 billionaires who are dropouts and numerous millionaires.
# Many of the world’s greatest inventions were developed by dropouts, including television, radio, airplanes, cars, motion pictures, the incandescent light bulb, the car stereo tape deck, the gas mask, the traffic signal, earmuffs, the game of basketball, the sewing machine—and many more.
# Some of history’s greatest companies were founded by dropouts, including Kodak, Polaroid, Famous Amos, Disney, Ford, Learjet, Bank of America, Motown Records, Whole Foods, Domino’s, Apple Computer, Netscape, Microsoft, Polo, Jet Blue, Dunkin’ Donuts, NBC, KFC, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Holiday Inn and Rolling Stone Magazine.
# Titanic, the highest grossing movie of all time was directed by a dropout (James Cameron); and the two lead actors were dropouts (Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet)
# A member of the all-time top selling band The Beatles, George Harrison, was a dropout.
# Some of the highest-paid actors in the world (Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Johnny Depp and Leonardo Di Caprio) are all dropouts.
# Some of the highest-paid actresses in the world (Cameron Diaz, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and Drew Barrymore) are all dropouts.
# The U.S. penny and quarter-dollar coins, as well as the one, five, twenty, one hundred and thousand-dollar bills all have images of dropouts.
# “I have watched all the dropouts who made their own rules” is a line in Ozzy Osbourne’s song, “Crazy Train.” Ozzy is a high school dropout as is his daughter.
# One of the top-grossing films of 2005, War of the Worlds was written by a dropout (H.G. Wells), was directed by a dropout (Steven Spielberg) and starred a dropout (Tom Cruise).

And the President of the United States went to Harvard, you need a Ph.D. to be a doctor, and you need to pass the Bar to be an accredited litigator.

Can you make it through life without a degree? Of course you can. However, having the degree opens doors. Also, the real value of going to school isn't the degree, it's the education.

Also, you can point to as many special cases as you want, but people with an education make an average of about a million more dollars in their lifetime than those without one.

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 03:07 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sun 10/10/10 03:07 PM
Agreed, I definitely got the sense that he was trying to make an argument where there wasn't one, maybe kick up press for his book. Glen Beck got away with calling Obama a racist, so he thought he could get away with calling Stewart a Bigot. The problem is that Beck slings better bull.

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 02:56 PM
She's already made unfounded claims that she didn't think I got it. At least I gave sound reasoning. As for her background, I didn't use anything that wasn't made public in her profile.

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 02:42 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sun 10/10/10 02:49 PM

Here is our president making a racist remark.

"typical white person" He says. LOL

Yet he is not racist LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI&feature=related

All I heard was that he acknowledged that there were differences in how people of different races perceive things because we have different experiences. At no point did he say anything bad about white people. Honestly, you would disagree with the notion that there's a number of ways that a person could act that would be considered "typical" or "atypical" in terms of social norms?

Not being racist doesn't mean that you try to pretend that everyone is the same, it more about not hating people who are different. If Rick Sanchez had simply said that he and Jon Stewart (or he and the CNN executives) had different perspectives on life because of their background, no one would have cared.

"Typical" isn't inherently mean anything bad, just like "atypical" doesn't inherently mean anything good.

That's your opinion. That's not my opinion, you see to me there is no such thing as a typical white person. Or a typical black person.

But since you agree please tell me sir, what is a typical white person?

You're taking the term out of context. We're not talking about an archetype where there's a set of defined traits. It's a general term. However, there are characteristics that a white person might typically have or responses white people typically might give in certain situations in higher percentages than other races.

For instance, white people typically wear Abercrombie more often than black people or they might typically listen to country. However, that doesn't mean that all (or even most) white people have that trait, just that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if they did. It doesn't mean that black people never do those things, just that it's less typical.

If Obama had said that typically, white people in this country are more educated and create more wealth non-white people, would you take offense or call that hateful? If not, then why?

Nice so you admit that profiling works then? When it suits you. LOL But if I was to say that the womans response to the black man was a legitimate LEARNED response from all of the black crime, I bet you wont agree. LOL Truth is her response is normal and it's not just whites that feel that way. I could understand if black crime was not so high but it is. So his response is wrong and it is racist to assume her response was typical of a white person. She is a typical american who lives in the city and is aware that many black men rob and steal. Especially one that is asking for money and wouldn't leave her alone after she gave him a dollar. That is the full story BTW by Obama himself.

statements about typical dont usually go into detail about the REASONS,,,

that is where racism gets its power,, peoples ability to quickly label without any attempt to honestly analyze

even IF her response is typical of a person living in the city, it doesnt mean it is not ALSO typical of a majority of white people

stating a correlation doesnt mean stating a causation which is why context of a conversation becomes so important

I could correlate higher incarceration rates with black people, and that would be true,, but it would not mean that black people are inherently more criminal

it could also be logically tied into the disparate educational and economic position of blacks in america compared to others, and the prevalence of the undereducated and the poor in the justice system

I actually LOVE those types of logical conversations, but what happens too often , the association of RACE as the REASON for any number of negative things serves to distract from the root causes (often TIED to race in this country, unfortunately) which could be addressed for the advantage of all americans,,,

Sorry but all one has to do is take a trip down to your local ghetto to find that what goes on there is their own fault. I lived in the ghetto for so long and they like it. They CHOOSE to SKIP school. They CHOOSE to join gangs. They CHOOSE to not get a job and live off SSD and welfare/low income/section 8, They CHOOSE to have multiple children instead of having their tubes tied like I did ! We ALL CHOOSE our life by the decisions we make! NO ONE IS A VICTIM AND IF YOU WERE VICTIMIZED GET OVER IT! You cant make your life better when all you see is the bad things and how look at how people are holding you back!

ghetto living is not = black living

and people cannot choose what circumstance they are BORN into and what reality they are TAUGHT

and life cant get better by IGNORING discrimination anymore than it can by being a VICTIM of it

myself and others like me survive and succeed in SPITE of discrimination and have never needed to pretend it wasnt there or not talk about it to do so,,,,

I didn't say ghetto is black living.
And yes people CAN CHOOSE to change their mind about what they are TAUGHT! Yes your life will get better by IGNORING IT! Just like you are supposed to ignore bullies! When you ignore something you lend it no power!! You give them no access to you or even to an argument for that matter! If I wanted you to stop posting in this thread I would just ignore you. Eventually you are gonna stop. That's how everything works! When you yell and scream and complain and preach you make it bigger and bigger and lend ear to both sides! Even the egeyptians knew about that. If the people forget about something it's gone and eventually forgotten throughout history. But if you keep your name out there for forever you will never be forgotten and that's what your race is doing with racism. By "speaking out" and "educating " people ect.. You are actually a part of the problem. Someone hears it gets mad and kills a white person because of the racism YOU told them about. HATE BEGETS HATE, FEAR BEGETS FEAR!

are you serious? so if I am being raped, and I IGNORE it , it will stop?

If I am being tortured and I IGNORE it, it will stop?

If a people are being systematically oppressed or terrorized and they IGNORE it, it will stop?

racism doesnt end by being ignored, it just allows the racists to believe that it is how it should be because NOONE is saying any differently,,,

Obviously when I say ignore a bully one would assume that you have removed yourself from the bully.......I think that's common sense. The point is this..

You have one rape victim she is sad and depressed and so she gets counseling. she works hard to work through her fears and move past the event. she is rewarded by moving on and being able to heal emotionally and be happy in life. She is able to rise above the situation because she CHOOSES to focus on the good and positive things in her life.

Now take the second rape victim still sad , depressed and yea she has a reason for it too! She is COMPLETELY justified in her actions!. But she focuses on the fear, the pain and she gives into that fear and hides from men and lives off SSD for PTSD from the trauma of the experience. Not only is she stuck in the poor area where she is more likely to be victimized again but she also is stuck. Emotionally and physically and she is NOT happy, because you cant be happy when you live your life thinking about how bad things are for you.

I agree, and this is why I said people achieve IN SPITE of racism and people hold themself back BECAUSE of racism,,but neither group has any obligation to IGNORE racism exists,,,

I was a victim of rape, I didnt overcome it by ignoring that it happened or not talking about it,,,JUST THE OPPOSITE,,,

Yea yea I know you were raped by a white guy and I was beaten and abused by black people. Hence our extremely different views. Both fueled by our passion on the subject.

but I dont think white men are the 'most' sexist on the planet,,,

I have also been LOVED by white men, which makes them pretty equal to everyone else in my book,,but I can look logically at the HISTORICAL context of race and race relations in america without harboring ill sentiment against any RACE in particular

Exactly. Just because a person is bold enough to admit and acknowledge the differences in our races and culture doesn't make them racist and it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen else where. Just because a lot of white people live in nicer areas doesn't mean some white people are not going through racism on an everyday basis. and vise verses. Thats my point in these days where poor people come in all colors and so do the wealthy one has to assume that racism hits ever social stature and ever race. To assume that in THESE DAYS that one race has it worse than another is WRONG!

there is no statement that applies to all whites or all blacks, I have and would never suggest otherwise

however, there is AMPLE evidence of INSTITUTIONAL RACISM

( here I am not just speaking of slavery, but jim crow laws and unwritten hiring and educational practices, as well as good ole boy networks that have long been given the predominant power status in this country)

having a more adverse affect on the economic and social status of African Americans than other 'races'

Her whole argument is ridiculous, except for the bit about recognizing racial differences not being racism, which she originally argued against. She stops responding to people who put her in a corner.

Why would we ask the victims of racism to deal with it instead of seek to reduce the number of victims? When people become passive about a thing like racism, you get things like the Holocaust. I know a lot of people throw that out there as a kind of fear tactic, but it really is a good example here. The Jews had the kind of mentality that Rachel speaks of where they thought they could endure persecution and truly thought that if they held out long enough, things would get better. Obviously it didn't. The reason why we've made so many strides in reducing racism in this country is precisely BECAUSE people were willing to stand up and fight.

The problem is that Rachel thinks she understands racism because she's experienced it on some level. What she doesn't understand is the scale in which it affects someone's life when they don't make up the wealthier majority that had (and arguably still has) control over the government for over 200 years. She may not even realize the fact that the entire culture of the "African American" comes from racism and the fact that people of many cultures were taken from their native land and had all ties cut off from their roots. They lost their given names and were separated from their family so a few generations down the line from living in Africa, people lost all ties with where they came from.

So while Rachel knows that she's Italian, Native American, Welsh, and German, the reason why most Black people don't identify with a specific African nation (other than the fact that the borders of Africa were drawn up by Europeans who didn't factor in where tribes were located) is because that was stolen from them. The Black culture in the United States is the product of racism trying to normalize and find itself in a society that is gradually becoming more accepting. Even the way in which she identifies with herself and is a totally different mindset.

She sees a half-Black president, some athletes who make a few bucks and that we're allowed to live in the same neighborhoods and use the same restrooms now and figures that racism is just something that should be tolerated. She thinks it's something that can be avoided, but probably doesn't take into account that white people have targeted every minority in this country in some kind of large scale racial conflict at some point in it's history (and currently is doing so as we speak).

Simply put, she doesn't get it. What's bad is that she thinks she does. I honestly think that the reason finds the idea of a "typical white person" sort of out look so offensive is because, quite frankly, she might have one.

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 12:38 PM

you know you don't hear much from the asians...i wonder what they are up to,hardly a sound they never throw the race card....hmmmm

Yea there are a lot of other races here that live in poor areas that don't pull the race card.

By the way, from this statement, one would gather that you believe that, typically, Asians don't pull the race card and other races are more likely to do so. That statement right there holds just as much racism and hatred as the clip from Obama that you cited. Either you're both racist and hateful, or neither statement exemplifies such things. Thank you for proving my point.

I fully admitted I could be a racist due to my thoughts. If that's the case oh well. If recognizing racial differences makes me a racist then ok. So me and Obama are racists :laughing: Still doesn't stop me from having black friends and it doesn't make me treat black people differently.

Again, thank you for proving my point. I know you didn't think that you agreed with me, but you just flipped on your own point without knowing it.

LOL no I didn't you just cant seem to understand what I am saying. Not surprising.

Why don't you tell me what you think my point is.

Are you joking? In my first response to you, I mentioned that recognizing differences in people of different races did not make one racist. I stated that racism was more about hating people because of those differences. Now you're coming back at me by trying to say that you see those differences and that makes you and Obama racist, but that you don't treat people differently or hate them because of their race.

By stating "If recognizing racial differences makes me a racist then ok," you show that either you just completely forgot what you had just argued against or that you just have a basic lack of understanding for what you're talking about. You're either missing the point or simply refuse to understand. Either way, I'm satisfied because anybody who reads the discourse and can articulate an argument is going to see that.

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 12:11 PM

you know you don't hear much from the asians...i wonder what they are up to,hardly a sound they never throw the race card....hmmmm

Yea there are a lot of other races here that live in poor areas that don't pull the race card.

By the way, from this statement, one would gather that you believe that, typically, Asians don't pull the race card and other races are more likely to do so. That statement right there holds just as much racism and hatred as the clip from Obama that you cited. Either you're both racist and hateful, or neither statement exemplifies such things. Thank you for proving my point.

I fully admitted I could be a racist due to my thoughts. If that's the case oh well. If recognizing racial differences makes me a racist then ok. So me and Obama are racists :laughing: Still doesn't stop me from having black friends and it doesn't make me treat black people differently.

Again, thank you for proving my point. I know you didn't think that you agreed with me, but you just flipped on your own point without knowing it.

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 11:58 AM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sun 10/10/10 12:00 PM

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 11:30 AM

All I heard was that he acknowledged that there were differences in how people of different races perceive things because we have different experiences. At no point did he say anything bad about white people. Honestly, you would disagree with the notion that there's a number of ways that a person could act that would be considered "typical" or "atypical" in terms of social norms?

Not being racist doesn't mean that you try to pretend that everyone is the same, it more about not hating people who are different. If Rick Sanchez had simply said that he and Jon Stewart (or he and the CNN executives) had different perspectives on life because of their background, no one would have cared.

"Typical" isn't inherently mean anything bad, just like "atypical" doesn't inherently mean anything good.

That's your opinion. That's not my opinion, you see to me there is no such thing as a typical white person. Or a typical black person.

But since you agree please tell me sir, what is a typical white person?

You're taking the term out of context. We're not talking about an archetype where there's a set of defined traits. It's a general term. However, there are characteristics that a white person might typically have or responses white people typically might give in certain situations in higher percentages than other races.

For instance, white people typically wear Abercrombie more often than black people or they might typically listen to country. However, that doesn't mean that all (or even most) white people have that trait, just that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if they did. It doesn't mean that black people never do those things, just that it's less typical.

If Obama had said that typically, white people in this country are more educated and create more wealth non-white people, would you take offense or call that hateful? If not, then why?

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 09:03 AM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sun 10/10/10 09:05 AM

no photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:26 AM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sun 10/10/10 07:35 AM

possibly,,,but let me put it in perspective

if Sanchez had said, blacks own the media ,,, I wouldnt find it offensive at all ,, just dumb

its inaccurate information about information that is NOT NEGATIVE,,who gets offended by such screw ups?

its not like saying jewish are oppressors, or blacks are criminals,,etc,,,

its saying THIS GROUP OWNS STUFF,,lol,,,big deal

It's not just that he was saying they owned stuff, but that they were controlling the media and trying to keep certain people from succeeding, specifically people of other races who don't say exactly what they like to hear. He refers to an actual conversation with a CNN executive who he claimed had likened him to Hispanic reporter as a way to try to dissuade him from being an anchor.

So to put it into perspective, he calls Stewart a bigot, then says that the people who own CNN and other news networks are just like him, then he tries to list a way in which he's been discriminated against while working at CNN, essentially calling them bigots. Throw in a few ignorant comments about what really constitutes a being a minority and Rick Sanchez suddenly living off the sales for the book that he was supposed to be on pushing on the radio in the first place.

lol, comedic genius doesnt count :p

Then why Micheal Richards(Kramer) get in trouble?

Because getting into an altercation with a black man in a crowd of white people and shouting "Look! A n*gger!" doesn't qualify as comedic genius.

no photo
Sun 10/03/10 01:20 PM

here is the difference as I understand it,, I believe in context Sanchez was referring to AMERICA

now of course, anyone can search the WORLD history to find something awful that happened to 'their' people , but that isnt really relative to a discussion about AMerica or someones experience or history in AMERICA

in AMERICA , there isnt a history of jewish persecution which nears that of other minorities, and in fact the UN actually GAVE land to the jewish people, an intervention not taken up for the cause of other minorities,

in AMERICA , jewish people(unless they are orthodox in their outward appearance) are not a VISIBLE minority

that is to say, people who choose to lay with animals are probably a minority too but they arent persecuted because they are able to 'blend' in quite well with the normal folks

similarly, people who have chosen the jewish faith are not a VISIBLE minority, and when you consider the FINANCIAL POWER of jewish community in america it dwarfs any other minority as well, with AMerica's jewish ties lending to nearly three billion per year in aid to ISrael,,,I hardly call that persecution,,,

I also dont know when or how anyone PROVED that the media isnt predominately jewish owned

all this is irrelevant of course to why he was fired, people give misinformation or flat innacurate information daily in the media and dont loose their jobs,, his job was taken because of the reference to potential racial discrimination by HIS employer

As far as I know Ted Turner, the founder of CNN is not Jewish.

no photo
Sat 10/02/10 06:08 PM

People who love and/or support Islamics, hate Jews.

Not true. Loving one thing never means inherently hating anything else.

not sure what the racist quote was in his interview,, I am open to anyone who has a quote available

I don't have any quotes but I can paraphrase because I happened to listen to the interview on youtube earlier today.

The main thing was that he called Jon Stewart a bigot and could not name a specific instance in which he was actually bigoted towards anyone. When the host suggested that Sanchez was perhaps still bitter about being targeted by Stewart on the Daily Show. Sanchez said that Jon was going after him because he was a Latino news anchor that was nearing his level and that Stewart only tolerates minorities as long as they stay in their place. Again, he provides no examples.

Then he claimed that CNN had held him down because he was Hispanic, stating that one of the executives at CNN (who he says are all Jewish) had likened him to another Hispanic reporter as opposed to a news anchor.

Sanchez claimed that he'd been discriminated against both times because Stewart and the exec were Jewish and he was Hispanic, even though neither of them ever said anything about that. When the host if he could think of any other possible reason why he could be getting picked on, the host was polite enough to say "I don't know," instead of "Because of the stupid words that come out of your face."

ok, so he gave an opinion about someone else being a bigot( and I think he was WAY off base with that),softened it by saying he doesnt think its intentional, and he mentioned situations where he felt discriminated against

but did HE actually say anything racist?

He did mention that he didn't believe that Jews were a minority. And that they didn't have the same kind of persecution engraved into their every day life in American like he did as a Cuban-American or like people did if they were Black or even women.

I think they took more issue with how he called Jon Stewart a bigot and said that the CNN execs were holding him down because they were Jews and he was Cuban.

no photo
Sat 10/02/10 06:00 PM
I was going through some youtube clips and I came across an Alex Jones rant that kinda struck me as odd. He begins his rant by saying that we're losing to the country to an imminent illegal immigrant (specifically Mexican and hispanic) take over. He stated that there were 30 million illegal immigrants in the country and that they were raised in other nations to be nationalistic.

(Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qokvw2A0RIE )

My initial question was: How exactly are they going to do that? 30 million people sounds like a lot, but the U.S. has a growing population of over 300 million. Even then, our government is primarily white and sometimes overtly racist and politicians build entire campaigns predicated upon demonizing illegals. EVEN THEN, most illegals are poor, they don't vote, and they have a low rate of formal education.

However, this isn't even the most relevant form of my question, not for Alex Jones anyways.

At the same time, Alex Jones will also tell you that he believes we're all being controlled by the Illuminati. That they're they only ones with any real power in the country and that they rule over us with an invisible fist. They brainwash us and sell lies to us through the media, tv and movies. They're setting up FEMA camps, spraying poison gas into the air and no one seems to be able to stop them because they hide behind a facade in which we never definitively know who we're dealing with.

So really, when Alex says that the illegals are going to take the country from us, what he really means to say is that he believes that the uneducated minority without money or representation are going to take the country away from the secret organization (which is also a group of Anglos) that manipulates the government in it's campaign to take over the world.

So I guess my real question for Alex (or for any of his supporters) would be: How are the 30 million illegals supposed to take on the 300 million citizens, the puppet government, AND the Illuminati?

Of course that's operating from the assumption that he actually believes all of that and isn't simply lining his pockets by creating a state of fear and paranoia. Hell, if he was doing that, he could say JUST ABOUT ANYTHING and trigger a response in his "truthers" who will believe him because anyone who disagrees is naively "drinking the kool aid."

Disclaimer: This isn't to say that nothing Alex says is true, just trying to illustrate the obvious fear tactics I saw in one video.

no photo
Sat 10/02/10 04:51 PM
Edited by ohshizabear on Sat 10/02/10 05:00 PM

People who love and/or support Islamics, hate Jews.

Not true. Loving one thing never means inherently hating anything else.

not sure what the racist quote was in his interview,, I am open to anyone who has a quote available

I don't have any quotes but I can paraphrase because I happened to listen to the interview on youtube earlier today.

The main thing was that he called Jon Stewart a bigot and could not name a specific instance in which he was actually bigoted towards anyone. When the host suggested that Sanchez was perhaps still bitter about being targeted by Stewart on the Daily Show. Sanchez said that Jon was going after him because he was a Latino news anchor that was nearing his level and that Stewart only tolerates minorities as long as they stay in their place. Again, he provides no examples.

Then he claimed that CNN had held him down because he was Hispanic, stating that one of the executives at CNN (who he says are all Jewish) had likened him to another Hispanic reporter as opposed to a news anchor.

Sanchez claimed that he'd been discriminated against both times because Stewart and the exec were Jewish and he was Hispanic, even though neither of them ever said anything about that. When the host if he could think of any other possible reason why he could be getting picked on, the host was polite enough to say "I don't know," instead of "Because of the stupid words that come out of your face."

no photo
Tue 09/28/10 10:11 AM
That is the question.

no photo
Fri 09/03/10 02:59 PM
It's a lot easier to turn off your brain and not think about things in general, but we use this kind of reasoning in most things that we do.

Especially given that the word wasn't directed at anyone and had no negative connotation, except for that which may have been put upon it by whoever censored me.