Community > Posts By > Mazikeen

Mazikeen's photo
Thu 04/30/09 03:25 PM
Im a little confused. I glanced at your profile and notice you are from Wales so are you talking about Domestic Abuse laws in the UK in particular? Can you narrow it down please? Thanks.

Mazikeen's photo
Wed 04/29/09 01:22 PM
Well Im not going anywhere thats for sure. I love where I live and my career. I suppose that sounds selfish but it really isnt. I wont put any unreal expectations or demands on the men I meet either. Sacrifice should be a two way street and generally it can be established who should do what based on the circumstances. No one should ever be brow beaten into compromise in my opinion. It will lead to resentment later down the line.

Mazikeen's photo
Mon 04/27/09 04:57 PM

u got one. i saw it a long time ago. its f**ken great. there another movie like it by the same guys called nicotina and have u seen y tu mama tambien?

oops. I posted before I saw your response. Both are excellent! There is the trailer for Y Tu Mama Tambien

Mazikeen's photo
Mon 04/27/09 04:55 PM

Fantastic movie.

foreign film from Mexico. absolutely brilliant.

however, i don't know of anyone else who's seen it. anyone here seen it?

Yes yes! I saw it. I actually lived down in Mexico for a year. You will also like "Y Tu Mama Tambien"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qg6n7V3kO4

Mazikeen's photo
Sat 04/25/09 08:01 PM
Im with you and it drives me insane. I cant stand it. What I find I often end up doing is escalating the anger in the hopes of dragging a response out of them. Of course this is the absolute worst way to handle it because all you do is give the person the attention (and therefore the power) they crave and want from you.

The better way to take control of the situation is to say your piece (calmly and politely) and then BACK OFF. Allow them the space to mull over what you have said and respond. If they choose not to respond, the implication is they cant handle the relationship anyway and its best to move on.

Mazikeen's photo
Sat 04/25/09 04:48 PM
Gosh there have been so many but my top two would have to be:

"Gone with the Wind" and "Body Heat"

Body Heat was probably the most sultry, sexy, steamy I have seen in a movie to date.

Mazikeen's photo
Sat 04/25/09 03:50 AM
No problem. Just do what you feel is right. I think sometimes in situations like this we have already decided but its good to get that reassurance or positive reinforcement. I wish you luck with whatever you choose to move forward with and he should respect your wishes. It sounds like you two are very close and there is a lot of history there.

Mazikeen's photo
Sat 04/25/09 03:45 AM
I dont think you need to necessarily dissociate yourself from the online community. If you glance through some profiles on this site alone, there are people who have disabilities both mental and physical or else some kind of chronic illness that they must deal with on a daily basis. They dont have to disclose this information but they do just to clear the air. You can do that also. Simply put a blurb in your profile to explain what is going on with you. Your illness does not define you. You have to remember there are men out there who are also sick and you are just what they looking for. Stick around.

Mazikeen's photo
Sat 04/25/09 03:38 AM
Oh! So you guys separated for his career but now he is thinking he wants so come back full time? That would appear to be an entirely different kettle of fish. I didnt realize that either.

Mazikeen's photo
Fri 04/24/09 02:55 PM
I think thats merely a case of "not enough information being divulged." I think most people assumed "homicidal maniac." Am I right?

Mazikeen's photo
Fri 04/24/09 02:39 PM
Edited by Mazikeen on Fri 04/24/09 02:41 PM

Go with it. I mean do you really want to be a part time girlfriend forever just because you're to scared to commit to something stronger???

Right now? Yes, part time sounds perfect!scared

Jess, if this is truly how you feel, then you just need to be honest with him. The issue with men is they sometimes have egos so be prepared for him to withdraw a little if he perceives that you are "rejecting" him. But if you are not in a serious relationship place right now, then you aren't and it would not be fair to either one of you to foul this up. You are still your own person and you dont jump for him and you are not at his beck and call. Good luck and like another mentioned, take a deep breath and think this through carefully. Make sure you are fully in control when you confront him.

Mazikeen's photo
Fri 04/24/09 02:28 PM
Yes I would cautiously overlook this because the brother is not him correct? In fact it is something that I would hope that he feels he can share with me. Are you really experiencing this situation? It sounds too specific to be hypothetical. I dont want to pry into your personal affairs however.

My quick answer is yes, but proceed with caution and evaluate the situation clearly and what went down and how this will be handled moving forward.

Mazikeen's photo
Fri 04/24/09 03:24 AM
"Moonstruck" if you are looking for a really sweet, romantic comedy (that even the guys will dig) this is your pick.

Mazikeen's photo
Fri 04/24/09 03:18 AM
Edited by Mazikeen on Fri 04/24/09 03:22 AM
Thriller/suspense-"The Usual Suspects"

Horror-The first "Alien" still amazes me. I liked it much better then the rest in the series.

5 I would need to think about and get back to you but there is the first two.

Mazikeen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 08:04 PM

We cant forget "It"...it the whole reason I fel in love with clowns, lol.

I never watched "It" just because clowns scare me so badly. I dont even like photos of clowns on a monitor. happy

Mazikeen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 03:28 PM

hmmm i seem to like the
real ones better.

If you like horror films with a real flavor to them try out John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing." The effects will knock your socks off. It has a very real feel to it also and the tension is unbearable. You are made nervous just watching these people on screen.

Mazikeen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:22 AM
I know nothing about Buddhism (though I find it interesting) but you always see the pot belly Buddha in Chinese restaurants so people tend to think he is the only Buddha. There can be many Buddhas of course and its only a title. Isn't he called the "reclining Buddha" sometimes? Im not sure where that Buddha came from. I just assumed China or the Far East.

Mazikeen's photo
Wed 04/22/09 06:19 PM
Im actually one of those people that thrives in a state of solitude. I live in my basement and sit busily scribbling away my manifesto under the soft amber glow of one light bulb. Na, just kidding...maybe. heh. :wink: huh

Mazikeen's photo
Wed 04/22/09 10:07 AM

yes i did ask her mom. she said she said she don't know how she doing because she can't get in contact with her.

Well that settles it then. They are not even allowing her access to her immediate family. It could be because she is fighting them on her treatment also. You just never know what is going on except that they have decided not to give her access to anyone on the outside. If I were you I would move on if there was no commitment before she went in. You could send her a letter and see if it is returned.

Mazikeen's photo
Wed 04/22/09 07:26 AM
Romee, you could try asking her family. Chances are the rehabilitation facility will not give out any information on her to anyone that is not immediate family. Its similar to being in prison. They do that to make certain that the abuser is not in contact with anyone who might attempt to score for them or be a bad influence when they are vulnerable.

I would try this and then move on.

Previous 1