Community > Posts By > mbcasey

mbcasey's photo
Wed 08/25/10 08:56 AM
If you are being turned down for your looks, change your looks!

I use to weigh 350 lbs. I decided to do something about it in order to be more attractive to women.

And look at me now....still single...laugh Seriously, do a makeover and change what you believe needs to be changed. If I can do it, anyone can! Best of luck to you...drinker

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 06:55 PM

So in other words, online dating is just for flirtin around and killin time? I am new to being online dating. I was married for ten years and had the task of evading men. Now it's like they wont come near me with a ten foot pole. I wish! Murphy's law is steadily at work here. Well i am having a blast on these forums at least I get to talk to people above the age of 10. That alone is a reward all in it's own.

Online dating is just a conduit.

Just another option where to meet single people.

It is up to you to decide who you should date...no different than real life in a bookstore, or a bar, or a concert, etc. You meet someone you are attracted to, find out about them and go from there.

I'm not saying it's easy to wade through the chaffe...laugh

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 06:51 PM

I'm not in a rush
to have a crush....
u here again lol

I know...I overstay my welcome.

Reminds me of the really old Saturday Night Live skit about "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave"

No crush, so hush
gee now the no crush is telling me to be quiet lol kidding

still nothing

I was just teasing you.

Maybe that is why I have no crush???sad2

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 06:31 PM

I'm not in a rush
to have a crush....
u here again lol

I know...I overstay my welcome.

Reminds me of the really old Saturday Night Live skit about "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave"

No crush, so hush

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 03:57 PM
I'm not in a rush
to have a crush....

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:31 AM

I would stay invisible and hang out in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader's locker room...bigsmile pitchfork

this one gets my vote...
laugh laugh

You have blue and silver blood don't you mightymoe? drinker

hahah..keep hanging out there and it aint just your blood thats gonna be blue.....laugh :tongue: laugh
laugh

It's now magenta working it's way to purple....I need a date!

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:28 AM
Date is a 4 letter word...

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:26 AM

Truthfully I feel stupid. Recently realized I'm so afraid of hurting anyone else's feelings that I don't make wise choices for myself and also depressed to realize that I lack the social skills dating requires and I wonder why I don't laugh as easily as so many others, I just don't get the humor in the rudeness, stupidity and vulgarity that permeates our society and entertainment options today. Remember when the audience was given enough credit for our mental capacity that every joke wasn't followed up by an explanation?

I so much agree with you. What is funny today really is pathetic. Nothing is new, just the same old crap re-written for the next suckers to get a chuckle. Where is the creativity that actually involves brain function instead of a knee jerk giggle at a fart joke?

I don't think you are stupid...you are very intelligent. I highly doubt you lack any social skills required for dating. It might be it's the guys you date who are lacking. Don't be afraid to say no to people...that comes from wisdom. Saying no is not mean either but it is a good way to protect yourself from making the same choices over and over again. Just be yourself and the right man for you will come into your life.

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:18 AM

I would stay invisible and hang out in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader's locker room...bigsmile pitchfork

this one gets my vote...
laugh laugh

You have blue and silver blood don't you mightymoe? drinker

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:16 AM
Jerry: If we pick do we not bleed? I am not an animal!!

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:15 AM

I'm not talking about nothing. Someone has to know. I can't tell my friends. I'm the strong F*&K it girl.
After my husband started hitting me, and tried to kill me, I fell in love with someone else. Turns out he is a heroine addict, along with an ex girlfriend addict.
I know. I can pick them. Yay me.
What I really want to know is, am I going to wake up feeling like this every day for the rest of my life? Or will it eventually pass? I'm so heartbroken. I thought my husband was it. Then the drama came about. I thought Peter was it. Then the ex girlfriends and the heroin came about. There is no "it"? Is there? So what now? I don't have the strength to cry anymore. I just want to know. When does it give way?

So sorry to hear your story. It's cliche' but true...time does heal.

Meanwhile you can be proactive and start a new life for yourself. Forget the past and move forward. You took the 1st step today and purged the negative onto these forums.

Go take a class, join a gym, hook up with a local book club and just keep busy with your free time. Look to the positives in life and grab them and hold onto them. Your life can be happy...just go for it.

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:07 AM

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:05 AM

My best friend has been dating the same guy off and on for the last 7yrs. Many times I thought they were split for good, and I even encouraged it after some of the things he did to her. But for the last 2yrs now, they seem to be this "perfect" couple. I would love to know what their secret is.

I really don't think I am being too picky when my standards are as low as 1)male, 2)breathing.laugh

I have only really had 2 relationships I would consider serious, and they both ended due to unfaithfulness oh his part. Seems like every guy I date either cheats on me or just disappears off the face of the earth.

When I do meet the person intended for me, I will gladly share the secret!

Many times your thought your friends were split for good. But they kept working it out...I applaud them for having some character and loyalty. Too many times people just don't want any hassles and just give up. I hope it works out for them in the long run.

It's difficult to live with anyone....even the people you care about the most. It seems when the boat rocks ever so slightly, people begin to panic. They toss overboard a relationship that in the long run could have been great. Not just true in relationships but also true when just meeting someone.

mbcasey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 09:01 AM

Online dating has made everyone too picky. There are oodles of potential mates to choose from. Think about what it was like before all of this came to fruition.

People mainly dated who they knew in high school. Relationships were more of a lifetime investment with the other person. Now it seems it is disposable.

Regarding online dating, I tend to agree that it's more difficult to meet and connect because the concept is so intangible. I mix real dating and online dating so I am not sequestered to just one way of meeting people. The problem is, I still can't find anyone that rocks my world in real life. People have too many issues, they lack ambition and integrity. Dating can be tiresome.

Your last statement is also true. In this modern world of instant gratification, no one wants to 'work' for anything. When something becomes too difficult - they bail. I fall into this category at times. I am so focused on finishing school and working on my business that I red flag anyone who mires my progress. I hope to find someone that just fits perfectly into my life with little adjusting. It should be that way anyway. I don't want to change a person nor will I change for anyone.

Compliment; don’t complicate :thumbsup:

People do bail when things are the least bit complicated. But aren't we all human and complications are a normal part of life?

You are smart to have your priorities in line with school and business. Dating for you must be difficult for you at this point in your life.

mbcasey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 09:50 PM
laugh laugh drinker

mbcasey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 09:48 PM
Favorite actor is Peewee Herman

mbcasey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 09:46 PM
Online dating has made everyone too picky. There are oodles of potential mates to choose from. Think about what it was like before all of this came to fruition.

People mainly dated who they knew in high school. Relationships were more of a lifetime investment with the other person. Now it seems it is disposable.

mbcasey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 09:44 PM

This just in.....Albert Haynesworth is a douche!
laugh laugh

Good to see Shanahan not take any crap from him...

mbcasey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 03:06 PM
I am in love...bigsmile love

Wonder what is "something borrowed" on her?

mbcasey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 03:03 PM
Lonely...I am afraid I will never meet anyone and die alone.

Yes that sounds pessimistic but I have been alone most of my life and noone ever gets use to it. In fact the lonliness gets worse as time marches forward.

I thought I met someone a couple of months ago. We had an incredible time together. She is from another country and was here for holiday. I thought we found each other as we both have had some very hard times in our lives. We just clicked so well but she basically said goodbye to me a little while ago.

I wish she would reconsider...I miss her. But I have no such luck in my life. It is very hard to get use to the idea of never really being loved.

To those who have had real love in their lives before...consider yourself very fortunate.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25