mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:12 PM

Even my orange crush won't crush me...
neither will i lol

Dang...A guy can't get a break...frustrated

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 03:20 PM
Edited by mbcasey on Sat 08/21/10 03:21 PM

mbcasey...Looking at your draft, the one guy who I feel will be a surprise for you will be McCoy. When the Eagles drafted him last year, I knew that Westbrook's days in Philly were numbered. I have always been high on McCoy, even since his days at Pitt. Having him and AP makes for a geat backfield, and you have Brady at QB. I believe Brady is going to put up great numbers this year. If you have watched him in pre-season, he looks like a man on a mission. Plus, the weapons he has around him means that he will produce. Oh, and don't rule out a solid year for Reggie Bush. He is a threat and accoriding to Payton, the Saints will utilize him more.

Thank Goofball...I feel better about my draft now...drinker

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 03:18 PM
Flashpoint by Lynne Hightower

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 03:15 PM
Even my orange crush won't crush me...

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 03:13 PM

Your face is my case!
-Jackie Chiles

laugh laugh

Who told you to put the balm on? Did I tell you to put the balm on?

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 10:08 AM

Anyone here doing fantasy football this year?

If so, who would you take if you had the #1 overall pick (assuming standard scoring)?

I am in CBS fantasy league...my draft is tonight.

I would take Chris Johnson with #1 pick. I have the #2 pick and I am leaning towards Adrian Peterson if Johnson is not available. 1st round picks are always difficult for me....

Who would you take RoamingOrator?

I think I'd go with AP. CJ2K had one stat last year that really bothered me, 458 touches. He's young and in great shape, but the majority of backs that hit the 400 touch mark end up on IR the next season. Michael Turner is the most recent example I can think of, but Larry Johnson and Marshall Faulk were on that list as well.

AP came in second in touches last season with 372. That's a big difference for a back. They say that the average running back gets hit about 6 times before he's tackled. So when you multiply it out, that's a lot of hits. It makes me nervous about taking a player that took that much abuse.

Also, they worked pretty hard on making sure AP will decrease his fumbles. He seemed to be a bigger part of the passing game last year, and with Chester Taylor gone, will probably have a larger roll this year.

My league hasn't drafted yet though. I like to wait until after the third preseason game, just in case of injury.

I took AP...but not real happy with my draft. I give myself a B-

My draft:

QB's---Tom Brady, Carson Palmer
RB's--A.Peterson, DeShon McCoy, Reggie Bush, Rickey Williams, Fred Taylor
WR--Ochocinco, Pierre Garcon, Devin Hester, Donald Royal
TE---Gates
K---Vinitiari
D---Chargers

We can play 1 QB, 2RB, WR, 1Flex, TE, D, K per week head to head league. I feel I am weak at WR and vulnerable at RB.

I keep hearing Pierre Garcon will have a better season that Reggie Wayne, so that is why I took him a little early. I took Hester because I figured Mike Martz will throw the ball all over the field and try to get Hester the ball as much as possible. Royal is the #1 receiver in Denver now even though he sucked last year.

I figured McCoy will be like Brian Westbrook and get a gazillion touches per game especially with the new QB Kolb. My 3 other RB's were the best available so I had no choice.

Just feel like I kind of messed up. If I had to do it again I would have drafted another RB with my 2nd pick instead of Brady. Trying to trade Palmer but everyone has a good QB so it will be difficult.

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:54 AM
She bangs...

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:53 AM
laugh laugh

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:51 AM
"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die"...Goldfinger

"Who are those guys?"...Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

"Put a knife under the bed so it cuts the pain"...Gone With The Wind

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:47 AM
likes the smell of mothballs

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:43 AM
Sounds like you might want to talk to a professional about this. I have bipolar disorder and much of what you are saying sounds familiar.

When someone feels depressed they usually want to hide from the world. You made statements like "I have lost touch with all my feelings" and "my soul dwells in utter darkness"...those are red flags to me that require attention from a doctor.

Now I am not saying a doctor or medication will turn you into an extrovert but it can help you feel more at ease with the outside world where you can participate more with outside activities. I keep to myself usually but I am able to go out and have a good time.

I hope you find what you seek though regardless if you take my advice or not.drinker

mbcasey's photo
Sat 08/21/10 09:32 AM
Newman!!!!

mbcasey's photo
Fri 08/20/10 09:04 PM
C an't
R eally
U nderstand
S uch
H umility

...no crushes...

mbcasey's photo
Fri 08/20/10 09:01 PM
Get back out into the public...do volunteer work or join a gym.

Interaction with others will help you have the emotional release and outlet you need.

Best of luck to you...drinker

mbcasey's photo
Fri 08/20/10 03:31 PM

Look for LT to have a strong first 5 games but tail off with either a hamstring injury or an ankle injury. He's also going to be terrible once it gets chilly....SD weather treated him nicely along with another future HOF in Lorenzo Neal

Matthews looked great in his first preseason game and the way he plowed through the bears linebackers...... i'm pretty excited :D

Look for Rivers to have another Dan Fouts like performance yet the media and their east coast biased still consider him not as amazing as Eli, Romo, and even big Ben...

I don't have faith in Oaklands offense but look for their defense to be somewhat of a force (as much as i hate to say it)

The Skins will be ok with Mcnabb holding the rock

oh, and everyones expecting San Diego to have a down year but you heard it here first...they'll win the division and go into the playoffs as superbowl favorites to blow it with another poor performance from their kicker...Damn you Kaeding damn you...

I take it you are a Bolts fan...laugh

I agree that they should win the division. The AFC will be loaded this year and the playoffs will be very competative.

Good picks and hope the Chargers do well...drinker

mbcasey's photo
Fri 08/20/10 01:34 PM
Awesome!! I wish the best for you guys!!drinker

mbcasey's photo
Fri 08/20/10 01:32 PM
Bubble Boy is my hero....he asked Susan one minute after meeting her to take off her shirt...laugh

Moops

mbcasey's photo
Fri 08/20/10 01:27 PM

You have to be very careful these days who you should trust or not. Personally I have failed on a few occasions to have put my trust in others who came off at first as admirable but in the end they were not.

It is so difficult to distinguish who is genuine and who isn't. How can one want to fall in love with someone but at the same time guard their heart? I don't know if I will ever find the solution to that dilemma...

I understand where you're coming from. However, you can't guard your heart 100% if you truly want to feel love for another.

I don't think there's a solution per se. Just make a mental note of things that have NOT worked in the past/don't repeat them, be selective about who you allow in your world, AND do not allow your past experiences to make you jaded!

I seem to repeat the past mistakes...there is a certain saying about that which is an indicator of my mental capacities...laugh

Thanks for the advice...flowers

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25