Community > Posts By > DJPO

DJPO's photo
Tue 06/01/10 07:11 PM
I was in the Army stationed at Ft Jackson. I was a Drill Sergeant in the field with my soldiers we found out what was going on by listening to a radio that was snuck along with gear by another Drill Sergeant. We ceased training to inform the soldiers what had happened and tried to ascertain who had family in the areas that were attacked.

DJPO's photo
Tue 05/25/10 02:24 PM
He needs to make sure that there is a firm set of "Rules of Engagement" before he sends anyone. DAMN he has no practical experience with military, so he'll just send them and worry about that later. Just like he will worry about how to pay for it. Par for the course for this spend now and think about it later president.

DJPO's photo
Thu 05/20/10 11:28 AM
Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day all celebrate life. Well, maybe not so much Halloween, but I've never been to any better parties than Halloween parties. Memorial day and those poor people with September 11 for a birthday coincide with days that remember death. Not the best thing to remember on the anniversary of your birth.

DJPO's photo
Thu 05/20/10 11:00 AM
Edited by DJPO on Thu 05/20/10 11:08 AM
Anybody got any thoughts on this one? The first holiday that always comes to anybody's head as the worst holiday to have for a birthday is Christmas. Personally I have to disagree. I would have to say Memorial Day. It wasn't always the last Monday in May. Traditional Memorial Day is 30 May. Those of us old enough to remember can attest to it being on any day of the week up until I think Regan's first term. Just my thoughts, but I wouldn't want to have to hear "Happy Birthday, now let's go see your grandfather's grave."

DJPO's photo
Mon 02/02/09 06:06 PM

There are too many planets for ours to be the only one with life. I don't know about intelligence.smokin
Heck, I sometimes wonder about THIS planet, let alone others!

I'll drink to that.

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

DJPO's photo
Mon 02/02/09 05:59 PM

I guess I either want to be alone or feel like I've got just enough contact. ???

ohwell ohwell ohwell ohwell ohwell

DJPO's photo
Mon 02/02/09 05:53 PM
After 21 years with my ex, a little peace and quiet in my life sounds nice. Some friends to hang out with would be cool, but freedom to do as you will is a worthy goal too. Hey, I've got my dog, my home theater system, my kegerator and my computer. What more does a guy need?

drinker drinker drinker drinker

DJPO's photo
Mon 02/02/09 05:36 PM
There are too many planets for ours to be the only one with life. I don't know about intelligence.smokin

DJPO's photo
Mon 02/02/09 05:33 PM
Burn pictures of ex's in my outdoor fireplace.

DJPO's photo
Mon 02/02/09 05:32 PM
Nothing, just gone. No more me.