Community > Posts By > pgh82nyc

pgh82nyc's photo
Thu 06/11/09 02:44 PM
Hey Pat. Welcome, not only here but to PA too. I's nice to hear of people moving from FL to PA.

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 03/23/09 10:25 PM

tell her how you feel, if it goes well, that's great, if not, it's better to know now than waste time going in that direction

I was planning to do that when I see her. Problem is that we're separated by almost 200 miles (kind of cuts the amount of time we could see each other). Since both of our schedules until summer will be crowded. I figured that it wouldn't be that long from from now.

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:14 PM

tip... steal jungains headerlaugh laugh laugh roflmao thats a good one!!!laugh :banana:

That is true. I'll do it. lol

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:12 PM
Edited by pgh82nyc on Mon 03/23/09 12:12 PM

R u going to make your move or not frustrated

oh no, I am, otherwise I would bother with this. We're going to meet in the summer, all depending on her schedule (since it's crazier than mine).

Unless there isn't someone to make a move for.

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:09 PM
Edited by pgh82nyc on Mon 03/23/09 12:10 PM

what what what what
Move or don't movewhat what
what what

lol, what?

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:07 PM
Edited by pgh82nyc on Mon 03/23/09 12:09 PM
Part of this is a thank you to all who responded and sent me advice last time. I last wrote on this woman in this post:

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/206775

It's like the saga never ends, lol.

In short, I met this woman online and she was burned online before (i.e. people she met online would lie to her - she was about to give up on online dating). I basically had to work to gain her trust, and just when things were developing, she went on a trip abroad.

When she came back, we didn't talk for about a week. I thought that she had moved on and wasn't interested. But then she sent me an email apologizing for her absence, and telling me that she would be back in a bit. We later resumed our online convos. I followed the advice of some people on this forum and eventually gave her my number (and got hers in return). We've been talking since then, every day for the most part, for hours. I presume she is interested (whether she's "just interested" or "really interested" I'm not sure - I guess I'll find out when I see her).

I'm again trying to walk a fine line between showing her that I'm interested and not underplaying/overplaying any interest she may have. I'm still wondering whether she thinks of me as someone she could just open up to (i.e. close friend), or or something more. Any thoughts, pointers, etc.? I know that we guys are notoriously slow in terms of picking up women's interest. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks for reading this too.

pgh82nyc's photo
Wed 03/04/09 10:30 PM

well you need to meet the other guy in person...and make your desition there......its hard but its the right thing for you to do..other wise you will always wounder....

I'd have to agree with this advice. Until you meet the second "online" guy, it would be premature to think of anything further. The guy may be a totally different in person. He may be even better thn you thought. But you won't know until you meet.

pgh82nyc's photo
Tue 02/24/09 11:46 AM
Edited by pgh82nyc on Tue 02/24/09 11:47 AM

dang, and I thought with 4 I was set... looks like i need to pick up a couple more...

No, lol Yours are more exotic If I may say. I know the ones everybody knows (except for Igbo). I'd like to know some Romanian. How did you learn that?

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 02/23/09 12:27 PM
Then again all you have to do is crop them out. It's not hard.

pgh82nyc's photo
Mon 02/23/09 12:08 PM

I'm with Texas on this, The FG has overstepped its bounds long ago. This goes back to FDR, or you could even go as far back as the 16th Amendment (with the Federal income tax). Unfortunately what we are seeing from Obama is nothing new. I mean, we've been watching our liberties erode over the past 70 years.

My biggest gripe with Bush was that he laid the groundworks for this. Everything Obama is doing now (with the exception of a few pet projects) is exactly what Bush would have done before.

The power the government has now is scary, and the Dems will only expand on it. Not a good thought.

Do you think we have crossed a "no return" line? Completely agree with your observation, and personally, think that we did cross it.

It's very likely, although stranger things have happened. I don't think we'll ever get much of them back, there's been no case where the Federal government has ever given the people more rights since the Bill of Rights..

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 09:22 PM
Edited by pgh82nyc on Sun 02/22/09 09:23 PM
This was already addressed, but its both the 16th Amendment AND in the USC (Unites States Code) which makes it law, period.

But here's a novel idea which I don't hear too often: Why don't we work to REPEAL the 16th Amendment? (with a new 28th Amendment of course) Not only would you get rid of the Federal income tax, but you'd also nullify the USC sections that deal with it?

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 09:14 PM

bigsmile Does happily ever after really exist?bigsmile

Yes, you just have to find it.

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 09:12 PM

all that static makes little sparks and is a fire hazard

haha, that's a good one.

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 09:10 PM
Δόξα τῷ Θεῷ (I don't know if the Greek came out here, but it means "Glory to God").

I'm just giving him glory. He's been at my side (even when I didn't realize it). Despite my sinfulness, He's been very good to me. He blesses me everyday. Thanking Him is the least I could do.

Glory to God,
for He deserves all, and I deserve none.

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 08:28 PM

A true man speaks not only by their actions but also by their deeds. Actions without words are meaningless as are words without actions. The two must come together to make the equation complete.

Exactly. Do what you say and say what you do and you'll be fine. I live by it.

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 06:54 PM

Some people just dont respond...I have been guilty and I am sure more than half of the peeps on here are guilty of that one time or another.....but, southern women are different....try one today....LOL

I've ben guilty of not responding too. In some cases I have no attraction to them. But in most cases, I am too busy.

Although, I do have to concur. Southern women are different. That doesn't mean that Northern women are all bad, only a few are. Just maybe you have ben contacting the wrong ones.

pgh82nyc's photo
Sun 02/22/09 06:39 PM
Howdy from New York City!

I bring gifts, hehe flowerforyou

pgh82nyc's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:35 PM

profile is cool... what languages do you speak? I speak Hungarian(mother language), Romanian, German and English...

English (mother tongue), Igbo (sort of mother tongue, more like my ethnic tongue), Spanish, Portuguese, French, Greek, and some Arabic (I could mainly write in it).

I guess I wasn't joking with the languages, eh? bigsmile laugh

pgh82nyc's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:30 PM
I'm with Texas on this, The FG has overstepped its bounds long ago. This goes back to FDR, or you could even go as far back as the 16th Amendment (with the Federal income tax). Unfortunately what we are seeing from Obama is nothing new. I mean, we've been watching our liberties erode over the past 70 years.

My biggest gripe with Bush was that he laid the groundworks for this. Everything Obama is doing now (with the exception of a few pet projects) is exactly what Bush would have done before.

The power the government has now is scary, and the Dems will only expand on it. Not a good thought.

pgh82nyc's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:17 PM

:banana: Post nude pics, get all the chicks:banana:

whoa, lol
what ever happened to leaving to the imagination?

Previous 1 3