Community > Posts By > Nubby

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 05:21 PM

I don't believe in "Christ" & have been told that i'm going to "HELL"

:tongue: At least, it will be warm.:tongue:

You have a misunderstanding of hell. Hell is separation from God. God is love. Hell will be the absence of love. God is good. Hell will be the absence all that is good. Hate will consume you. Hope will be lost. The bible uses metaphorical language when speaking about hell. It is a scary thing to be lost from God forever.

if im a non believer, does that make me not lost?
i dont find myself hate filled at all, and am nowhere near scared of a magical man from up above. so i guess i live in hell each and every day...

A non believer is lost with out God, he is stuck in his sin.
Hell will be the absence of love. You dont feel hate filled because of the work of God in your life. The feeling and emotions God has given you are important for the existence of free will.

Lewis points out, for the non believer it would be hell to be with God for eternity. Which means there is a deeper rejection going on than we may know.

We are not talking about a magical man from above. I am talking about a God who spoke the universe into existence by the power of his word.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 05:09 PM

so nubby, youre saying a person is seperated from god because of sin...
priests who **** little boys/girls..sin
the church itself, being on of the largest businesses, if not the largest business on earth, living wealthy, building massive structures, wearing ridiculously expensive robes, and yet so much poverty in this world..sin
will your almighty god forgive these people?
would you forgive a child preditor being of such great faith?

and for you to say that because i dont believe in your god i am a sinner?

but ill give it to you for being right that all religions are man made (including yours).

to me anyone with a belief that there is an almighty god cleary has a mental disorder.

First of all you never judge a philosophy by its abuse. Becareful when you point the finger at the church. You forget about all the church does to help poverty, sexual abuse, ect. Those in power do more than you may think.

All sin shall be forgive men, even the most unimaginable. This is because Christ sacrifice on the cross cost him so much. For the first time in ETERNITY the Father as it were turned his back on him.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:17 PM

Yes, stoning was an old testament practice used by a group of people chosen by God to be Holy. The payment for sin had not come yet in its fullness. God chose this group of people and no one else, and revealed himself to them in a special way. Because of this he had certain laws that had to be followed. Today we are under new covenant with God. God is HOLY.

Why is it that "god" can't do things that humans have no problem doing. He had to send his son/himself to be killed to forgive us? Why not just forgive us? I have forgiven people who have wronged me, without requiring a blood sacrifice. Doesn't that make me(and everyone else who is able to forgive without murder) better than god?

Now, why would it be okay then, but not okay now? If the bible is the "word of god" as you claim, why is it now not acceptable to stone people? People don't read holy books as "that was good for then" they read the books as "It's the word of god, it's forever!"

God has done more than enough for you or I to be forgiven. God is long suffering, slow to anger, abounding in mercy. He shows us this at the cross, where for the first time in eternity He was separated as it were from himself, as he took sin upon himself. Anyone can be forgiven, God made it so easy. But without the blood sacrifice, it is impossible to see God, for he is holy. We cannot stand in his presence in our present state. God is willing to forgive you if you ask.

The reason stoning people is no longer practiced is because a new covenant has come in between God and His people The full price of sin has been paid.

Your Holy Book tells a different story

The reason why stoning is not acceptable anymore is not a theological reason. Society Evolved. Now, to keep it's power, the religious have to claim that it is "just a story".

Also, I am still waiting for an answer on how you know that Jesus is the true story, and not any of the gods, from the 1000 years before Jesus, who share the same story with jesus..

Here is a link to answer your question. EDWIN M. YAMAUCHI is professor of history at Miami University , ohio. Edwin M. Yamauchi, who teaches courses in ancient Near Eastern ( Mesopotamian and Egyptian), Greek and Roman history, and early Christianity.

http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/easter/articles/yama.html

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 01:32 PM

Yes, stoning was an old testament practice used by a group of people chosen by God to be Holy. The payment for sin had not come yet in its fullness. God chose this group of people and no one else, and revealed himself to them in a special way. Because of this he had certain laws that had to be followed. Today we are under new covenant with God. God is HOLY.

Why is it that "god" can't do things that humans have no problem doing. He had to send his son/himself to be killed to forgive us? Why not just forgive us? I have forgiven people who have wronged me, without requiring a blood sacrifice. Doesn't that make me(and everyone else who is able to forgive without murder) better than god?

Now, why would it be okay then, but not okay now? If the bible is the "word of god" as you claim, why is it now not acceptable to stone people? People don't read holy books as "that was good for then" they read the books as "It's the word of god, it's forever!"

God has done more than enough for you or I to be forgiven. God is long suffering, slow to anger, abounding in mercy. He shows us this at the cross, where for the first time in eternity He was separated as it were from himself, as he took sin upon himself. Anyone can be forgiven, God made it so easy. But without the blood sacrifice, it is impossible to see God, for he is holy. We cannot stand in his presence in our present state. God is willing to forgive you if you ask.

The reason stoning people is no longer practiced is because a new covenant has come in between God and His people The full price of sin has been paid.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 01:21 PM

Forgive me for my last comment. PPL have the right to "believe" as they wish in America. If you chose to be a christian (or any other "faith/religion"), blessings to you i hope it bring you peace, hope, joy & comfort to your life. BUT DONT CONDEMN OTHERS FOR NOT THINKING AS YOU DO!!!grumble

Am i free to express my worldview?

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 01:19 PM

I don't believe in "Christ" & have been told that i'm going to "HELL"

:tongue: At least, it will be warm.:tongue:

You have a misunderstanding of hell. Hell is separation from God. God is love. Hell will be the absence of love. God is good. Hell will be the absence all that is good. Hate will consume you. Hope will be lost. The bible uses metaphorical language when speaking about hell. It is a scary thing to be lost from God forever.

Now it is the love of God that leads us to repentance, so I dont say this hoping you will now turn from your sins and repent. I say this only to correct you, hoping you now realize what it is we are talking about.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:55 PM

What basis do you have for saying there is evil in the world? Is this not an appeal to your own relative moral feelings and opinions? Why are your feelings authoritative?"

What basis do I have for saying evil is in this world? Because there are wars going on, because there are a number of people out there willing to kill(you and me both) simply because we don't believe in their god. We have people using a line in a book to deny other people of rights, simply because they are different.

Where did i ever say my feelings were authoritative?

But if your an atheist what is going on in the world is just relative to how you feel.

So, if you get you morals from the Bible, how many heathens have you stoned to death? How many people who work on the Sabbath have you killed?
The bible CLEARLY states you are supposed you are to do both.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:39 PM
Edited by Nubby on Fri 03/13/09 12:46 PM

just some simple questions here.
how can there be so many different gods? (practices of different religion?)
are people like mormans or jews etc. wrong for not believing in christianity?
how can "the god" be around for thousands of years, then all of a sudden in the 1800's mormons pop up? then scientology pops up in the 1900's?

to make it clear i am a believe in none of these silly bed time stories you call religion. however, it would be nice if someone could answer these for me

1. There are many different practices of religion. The question should be has God chosen to reveal himself to mankind and if so, how. All religions obviously cant be true, this leads to contradiction. A good worldview is logically consistent, empirically adequate, and experientially relevant. I believe Christianity meets these three tests for a good worldview.

2. A person is separated from God because of sin. If he or she does not do anything about it they will die that way, separated forever. There must be a payment for sin. You or I cannot stand before a holy God in the condition we are in. God is perfect. He is the only being who's reason for existence is in himself. Islam has no payment for sin, neither do any of the other world religions. In Christianity God enters into humanity that he might become that sacrifice for the sin of mankind. Its the only religion that solves the problem of sin.

3. I agree with you most all religion seems to be manmade. In Christianity we have something different, something real, a mystery. "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God, He was with God in the beginning"

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:56 AM

The fact that you recognize evil in the world is a suggestive argument for the existence of God. Why?
Because if evil exists, then good exists. If good and evil exist then a moral law exists. If a moral law exists then there must be a moral law giver to judge right from wrong, good from evil.

God can do anything power can do. He will not do that which contradicts his own nature. "All things are possible through God" must be taken in context and in light of other scripture.

1. Because I can recognize the difference between acts that benefit people(good) from acts that are detrimental to people(bad) does not mean that there is a law giver. Murder isn't bad because a "god" said it was(and if you believe that, then your god is a hypocrite, killing countless people throughout the bible) Murder is bad because society, as a whole, has decided that murder is bad. If there was a 'moral law giver" then more than 2 of the 10 Commandments would be laws..

2.So basically, "All things are possible through God" is only supposed to be used when there are cases that Science has disproven what the bible say.(i.e. Human Parthenogenesis/the virgin birth) Yet another circular argument, and cop-out.

Science cannot disprove nor prove what God can nor cannot do. This is the area of philosophy and logic. The bible and philosophy fit very well together.

1. Scientific Fact: Human Parthenogenesis(aka Virgin Birth) has NEVER produced a living child.
2. IF it were to happen, the child would be a clone of the mother.

That is why the Bible calls it a miracle.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:54 AM

What basis do you have for saying there is evil in the world? Is this not an appeal to your own relative moral feelings and opinions? Why are your feelings authoritative?"

What basis do I have for saying evil is in this world? Because there are wars going on, because there are a number of people out there willing to kill(you and me both) simply because we don't believe in their god. We have people using a line in a book to deny other people of rights, simply because they are different.

Where did i ever say my feelings were authoritative?

But if your an atheist what is going on in the world is just relative to how you feel.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:52 AM

The fact that you recognize evil in the world is a suggestive argument for the existence of God. Why?
Because if evil exists, then good exists. If good and evil exist then a moral law exists. If a moral law exists then there must be a moral law giver to judge right from wrong, good from evil.

God can do anything power can do. He will not do that which contradicts his own nature. "All things are possible through God" must be taken in context and in light of other scripture.

1. Because I can recognize the difference between acts that benefit people(good) from acts that are detrimental to people(bad) does not mean that there is a law giver. Murder isn't bad because a "god" said it was(and if you believe that, then your god is a hypocrite, killing countless people throughout the bible) Murder is bad because society, as a whole, has decided that murder is bad. If there was a 'moral law giver" then more than 2 of the 10 Commandments would be laws..

2.So basically, "All things are possible through God" is only supposed to be used when there are cases that Science has disproven what the bible say.(i.e. Human Parthenogenesis/the virgin birth) Yet another circular argument, and cop-out.

Science cannot disprove nor prove what God can nor cannot do. This is the area of philosophy and logic. The bible and philosophy fit very well together.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:45 AM

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:21 AM

And that is part of the many reasons why I turned my back on Christianity. God can kiss my ass if he she it thinks I would ever give myself over to such a manipulative and self righteous deity!

How can a loving God condone murder in his Great plan? I dare question god and if I had the opportunity I would question God in his hers its face!

Love does not justify murder!

This is where the free will argument comes into play. God allows murder to take place for a certain amount of time to bring about a greater good. Justice will eventually be paid by God to all who diobey him. For the Christian Justice was paid for on the Cross, through faith in him. This may be the best of all possible worlds given the existence of free will.

Free Will is nothing more than a cop out. Either God CAN prevent evil(and if god can, why doesn't god?) or God CAN'T prevent evil.(In that case, why call him God?)

God can and will get rid of evil in the future. God will bring about a greater good through evil.

God cannot do anything. For instance the bible says God cannot swear by a name greater than himself. God cannot make a square circle. God cannot make a free human being love him with out violating his free will. God can do anything power can do.

1. If he can and will, what is he waiting for? With all the wars, killing, famine going on in the world, why does he wait?

2. If god cannot do anything, 1. where does "All things are possible thru god" come from, because if he can't do anything, then clearly that is not true. 2. If he can't do anything, why call him god?

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:09 AM

And that is part of the many reasons why I turned my back on Christianity. God can kiss my ass if he she it thinks I would ever give myself over to such a manipulative and self righteous deity!

How can a loving God condone murder in his Great plan? I dare question god and if I had the opportunity I would question God in his hers its face!

This is where the free will argument comes into play. God allows murder to take place for a certain amount of time to bring about a greater good. Justice will eventually be paid by God to all who diobey him. For the Christian Justice was paid for on the Cross, through faith in him. This may be the best of all possible worlds given the existence of free will.

Free Will is nothing more than a cop out. Either God CAN prevent evil(and if god can, why doesn't god?) or God CAN'T prevent evil.(In that case, why call him God?)

God can and will get rid of evil in the future. God will bring about a greater good through evil.

God cannot do anything. For instance the bible says God cannot swear by a name greater than himself. God cannot make a square circle. God cannot make a free human being love him with out violating his free will. God can do anything power can do.

God can do anything... There is no name greater than all things... God can make a square circle... our limits prevent us from seeing it(but that does not mean it is not possible).

God loves us unconditionally... Therefore it matters not if we love god...

God can do anything power can do. The bible clearly says God cannot swear by a name greater than himself, it also says God cannot lie.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:05 AM

BTW, I am glad that you have faith that brings you peace and strength Nubby.

Thanks TB Rich, it truly does, but I believe it because it is true, not because it brings me peace and strength.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 10:03 AM
Edited by Nubby on Fri 03/13/09 10:30 AM

Try to ask clear questions.

Yes He did, but you must read it in the context He is talking about.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 06:58 AM
Glorify the lord with the gifts he has given you. Eric Littel (Chariots of Fire) purpose was to ultimatly goto China as a missionary. While he waited on the Lord He ran to glorify God.

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 05:37 AM
"God has made me for a purpose", "but he has also made me fast and when I run I feel his pleasure"

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 05:30 AM

What basis do the you have for saying there is evil in the world?" " Is this not an appeal to your own relative moral feelings and opinions?" "Why should your feelings be authoritative?"

Nubby's photo
Fri 03/13/09 05:06 AM
"The question of why God allows the persistence of evil is distinct from the question of why He permitted it in the first place. The biblical answer to the issue of persistence of evil probably has to do with God's strategy for insuring the on-going and safe existence of freedom in the universe."

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25