Community > Posts By > Michael715

Michael715's photo
Thu 04/30/09 08:48 AM

huh

Why would the memory need to be erased to begin with?

If we are criminals which have been ostracized then what is the point in hiding that from us?

Occam's Razor applies.

As does the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

As does the flying pink elephants that personally give me the 'wisdom' that has bestowed upon me... in secret, I might add...

Substance requires something more.

Does it now? Substance is subject to perception. Perception is influcenced by memory/learning. The human mind can be programed just as easily as a PC, easier in fact because mankind has had 5 thousand yrs (at least) to learn how. Have u ever watched any sci fi? Seen 1984? How about Star trek episodes?

Michael715's photo
Tue 04/28/09 08:19 AM

You all have been around only long enough for me to be influenced (willingly or inadvertently) and will cease to exist after your influence is no longer needed. I am the only living being you are all robots or made up people. God told me so in a letter.

"Dear sir, poor sir, brave sir: You are an experiment by the Creator of the Universe. You are the only creature in the entire Universe who has free will. You are the only one who has to figure out what to do next--and why. Everybody else is a robot, a machine.
"Some persons seem to like you, and others seem to hate you, and you must wonder why. They are simply liking machines and hating machines.
"You are pooped and demoralized. Why wouldn't you be? Of course it's exhausting, having to reason every time in a universe which wasn't meant to be reasonable.
"You are surrounded by loving machines, hating machines, greedy machines, unselfish machines, brave machines, cowardly machines, truthful machines, lying machines, funny machines, solemn machines. Their only purpose is to stir you up in every conceivable way, so the Creator of the Universe can watch your reactions. They can no more feel or reason than grandfather clocks.
"The Creator of the Universe would now like to apologize not only for the capricious, jostling companionship he provided during the test, but for the trashy, stinking condition of the planet itself. The Creator programmed robots to abuse it for millions of years, so it would be a poisonous, festering cheese when you got here. Also, He made sure it would be desperately crowded by programming robots, regardless of their living conditions, to crave sexual intercourse and adore infants more than almost anything.
"He also programmed robots to write books and magazines and newspapers for you, and television and radio shows, and stage shows, and films. They wrote songs for you. The Creator of the Universe had them invent hundreds of religions, so you would have plenty to choose among. He had them kill each other by the millions, for this purpose only: that you be amazed. They had commited every possible atrocity and every possible kindness unfeelingly, automatically, inevitably, to get a reaction from Y-O-U."
This last word was set in extra-large type and had a line all to itself, so it looked like this:
Y - O - U
"Every time you went into the library, the Creator of the Universe held His breath. With such a higgledy-piggledy cultural smorgasbord before you, what would you, with your free will, choose?
"Your parents were fighting machines and self-pitying machines. Your mother was programmed to bawl out your father for being a defective money-making machine, and your father was programmed to bawl her out for being a defective housekeeping machine. They were programmed to bawl each other out for being defective loving machines.
"Then your father was programmed to stomp out of the house and slam the door. This automatically turned your mother into a weeping machine. And your father would go down to a tavern where he would get drunk with some other drinking machines. Then all the drinking machines would go to a whorehouse and rent ****ing machines. And then your father would drag himself home to become an apologizing machine. And your mother would become a very slow forgiving machine."

Whats the point here?
rofl

Michael715's photo
Sat 04/25/09 07:58 AM
my thoughts exactly

Michael715's photo
Sat 04/25/09 07:57 AM

HELL No.

I am not motivated by money.

Not at all? Are u saying u wouldn't cross the street if u saw a $100 laying there for the taking?

There is not enough information for me to answer the question.

Here is one for you:

You see a stamped adressed envelope lying in the street. What do you do with it?

You didn't specify if it was loaded with cash. I'll assume it wasnt and say drop it in the box. If it was filled with $ Id admit i'd be tempted to walk off with it.

As to my last question i did give u enough info, u see $100 laying on the sidewalk, do u pocket it or turn it over to the police?

Michael715's photo
Sat 04/25/09 07:53 AM
Edited by Michael715 on Sat 04/25/09 07:54 AM

What do I think? I think it really doesn't matter when we began, the fact is we are here now in our current situations. As to time it is a creation of man. God is not bound by time, nor (as some would argue) did he create it directly. Life exists, it is. I've studied philosophy and theology, and have come to the conclusion reality is in the mind.

What do I think?

First off, you're suggesting that God is the great deciever.

I'm not saying this can't be true. But how dishonest must a "God" become before it qualifies as being a demon? huh

This was a common theme that Christians used to try to claim that maybe God planted the evidence for evolution to test our FAITH!

They eventually backed off from that approach when it was pointed out that God would basically be LYING to us by planting such misleading evidence of the past.

In short, if some programmer planted untrue memories in your brain, then he/she/it has filled you full of LIES.

Is that how you wish to believe in your creator? The great deciever?

I think there are a lot of posssible scenarios if we allow that our creator has no moral values at all. :wink:

Also, if you're entire past is a false memory then you are not the least bit responsible for anything you have ever done!

Could it be true? Sure. Anything is possible, but what would be the point to it? Why create a being with a made up past?

Do you have a REASON why some creator would find this useful?

I think that would be a good place to start if you want to propose this as a possiblity. What would be the point to it?

Why would a creator want to do this.

In a court of law you'd at least be expected to establish MOTIVATION. :wink:

If you could give us a reason why some creator would want to do this maybe you could have a case to argue.

Otherwise, what's your BASIS for even coming up with such an idea?

Who would benefit from this scenario?

I'm in no way suggesting our creator would be the one to do this, not at all. In answer to your other questions I have one suggestion. What if earth was a penal colony, and your 'wardens' did this to us to erase our criminal personaliy and our pasts. Not to mention (given that this assumes a space fareing race) denies us the ability to leave earth. You asked for movtavation: how about simply disposing of there crimainals? this would also answer your qustion about who would benifit from this scenario. My thought would be that this could be a advanced cultures way of disposing of its hard core criminals in a humane way. No creator involvement at all.

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 12:00 PM

HELL No.

I am not motivated by money.

Not at all? Are u saying u wouldn't cross the street if u saw a $100 laying there for the taking?

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 11:55 AM

NOOOOOOO

read 4 urself

I read thequestion, and I answered it. Is something unclear to you about my answer?

Nope just misunderstood

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 10:18 AM

NOOOOOOO

read 4 urself

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 09:59 AM
whoa

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 09:58 AM
:banana:

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 09:57 AM

Prove to me that this world didn't start 5 mins ago and all we think we remember isn't just a memory plant?

Differences in individual memory.

I'd suggest all that would prove is what a gifted programer did the job

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 09:15 AM

do i get 2,000,000 for pushing the button twice?

Only if the killer dies twicelaugh

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 09:14 AM

I'd take the money and then donate until a cure has been found for my son's syndrome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes thats the sensible choice. You know what I think Id do? Start my own not for profit company and do drug research

That sounds sensible as well!
:thumbsup:

thx

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:46 AM

If he was proven guilty, there must have been a trial.
Otherwise oiu would have no idea. There must have been evidence to prove him guilty. I am neither for or against the death penalty. I think a killer should make amends. AND I am from NY, been here my whole life.

Crime is crime......no matter where you live.

Yes but does it give satisfaction to the family that the killer dies quick, why not keep him locled up for life, maybe have to work and pay the family $ granted it wouldn't replace the victim but it would make amends more then a quick death.

I also point out that Mass. doens't have the DP and its murder rate is no where near Detriots let alone NYC.

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:42 AM
:banana: drool rofl surprised

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:41 AM

I'd take the money and then donate until a cure has been found for my son's syndrome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes thats the sensible choice. You know what I think Id do? Start my own not for profit company and do drug research

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:39 AM

smokin Finish themsmokin

Plz clarify

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:38 AM
I again point out here that even if a cure is found for all cancer it will be soooooooooooo expensive that the average person won't get any benifit, lets remember ppl the drug companies (who sponsor the research) are 'for profit' meaning there first duty is to make money for the shareholders, not cure ppl

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:35 AM
Interesting opinions, I'm betting the ppl who would do it are supporters of the death penalty. I am not though one of these ppl. Statisticly it doesn't deter anyone. Look at the U.S. 48 (I believe) of the 50 states have it including NY, Cali and Micigan yet these 3 states have the higgest murder rates, heck NYC alone has more murders then some entire states. I won't even get into Texas and there system. Add to this that 4% (at least) of the exeucted wind up being proven innocent, where's the justice in that?

Michael715's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:28 AM

I think its of more importance to know what Almighty God thinks. Ask Him for His opinion:heart:

I think God doesn't see age, only ppl. Jehovah is love and wants love for us no matter what the age.