Community > Posts By > Esmeralda08757

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/17/14 02:33 PM
I've heard that that other site is going to the dogs.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/17/14 02:20 PM
Let's see how they react to my canine splendor.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/17/14 02:11 PM

Were you showing too much skin in your avatar? :tongue:

I was quite conservatively attired with high heel shoes, mantilla, and fan. I never dress that well in real life.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/17/14 11:47 AM
Looks like the Powers that be did not like my avatar.

And it was so much more attractive than I am.

Don't know how Dub can be a chicken and Q can be a koala but I can't be a "senorita".

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/17/14 11:41 AM
I have gotten very, very, picky in my old age. I hate those, "hi, how are you doing" emails. If someone can't com up with an original message I'm not going to bother to reply. Sometimes I do anyway, but it's usually one word. (Terrible!)

Some might think that I am a terrible snob, but creativity and originality are important to me and I can't see myself with someone who lacks these qualities. Of course I will probably continue to be alone, but that's okay.

When I first started with the online dating thing I was happy to get any messages at all. But now if I think someone's company will not be better than my own I don't want to be bothered.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/17/14 08:13 AM
Good morning, Beachers!

I couldn't get the photo upload thingy to work yesterday but it seems to be working today.

I had to steal back my avatar from another site. Kind of like OJ stealing back his sports memorabilia.

I even have an recent ugly photo on here now. Guess I'll save it for Halloween.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Mon 06/16/14 09:12 AM
Good afternoon Beachers

I love Claudius' avatar. I'll have to look and see if I still have mine.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Mon 06/16/14 09:07 AM
These are great, Kurly.

I have a book about painting fairies but I never did any.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Sun 06/15/14 09:00 AM
I don't think that I've been stood up since college, Back then guys always had the excuse that they were drunk and didn't remember. And in my later life there were tentative dates that fell through. Often alcohol was involved as well.

Since I've been online and not drinking I've had dates with only two people and they both showed up.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Sun 06/15/14 08:51 AM
Edited by Esmeralda08757 on Sun 06/15/14 08:53 AM
Good almost afternoon Beachers.

Happy Fathers Day, fathers.

I'm feeling a little sad for all the fathers who (for one reason or another) have lost contact with their children.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Sat 06/14/14 09:38 AM
It's a great age, enjoy it.
We are too soon old and too late smart.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Fri 06/13/14 07:34 AM
Good morning beachers.

Still not feeling too great.

I usually don't have bad luck on Friday the 13th. I have it on other days.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Thu 06/12/14 12:55 PM

Tried for over 10 minutes to schedule an appt. w/ endocrinologist and I kept getting different voice menus. The VA Med ical system is getting worse. Docs are quitting, appts, getting rescheduled, lost when I attempt to confirm.
Complained to the Mgr of the IC system, (again voice menu & voice mail). What a sad joke.

I hate voice menus. It's really sad that the VA is using them.
I have cursed at my telephone more than once because the voice menu doesn't understand what I want.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Thu 06/12/14 06:54 AM
My email is not working this AM. Beach, beach, beach.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Wed 06/11/14 02:13 PM

Nice thread, Esme.

I actually learn the lyrics to the songs I like, then I proceed to rewrite them to something I (and my chums) consider funny. Usually, it's with a slightly raunchy twist.

I can't help it, especially if it's a song that gets overplayed on the radio, the twisted lyrics just tend to flow. Once I have done it, I can never listen to that song again without cracking up. Makes me look even more insane, since I'm the only one laughing at the song.

Some of my victims include:

The Cars
Oingo Boingo
Rolling Stones
Bruce Springsteen
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots
Anything with Eddie Vedder in it. (For some reason, he's one of my faves)
The Pretenders
The list is quite extensive, particularly one-hit-wonders. pitchfork
Stan I have to admit to doing something similar myself. Usually the songs are old standards and are about people that I know.

Examples: Colleen the Queen of Mean, about a supervisor, to the tune of "I'll Go Home With Bonnie Jean"

Never Knew anybody so Bizarre, about an almost lover to the tune of When Johnny Come Marching Home.

Vinnious Oblivious, about a neighbor, to the tune of Jennifer Juniper

Horny Billy, about my friend's son, to the tune of Billy Boy.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Wed 06/11/14 01:55 PM

Yes...let's put at least one controversy to rest: Mayo IS Satan's semen...no question about it...The End.

I suppose you are one of those Miracle Whip lovers. Damned Leos and their Miracle Whip. I made sure he took it with him when he left.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Wed 06/11/14 01:51 PM
I know this has been done on another site. I don't know if it has been done here.

I'm sure Bruce Springsteen was not happy when Manfred Mann did not know difference between deuce and douche.

When I was a teenager a friend's mother thought that "She's A Must to Avoid" was "She's a Muscular Boy".

Mine had to do with the song "Don't You Want Me, Baby".
She says "Even then I thought I'd find a much better life, either with or without you."

I thought she said "even with a wimp like you."

Esmeralda08757's photo
Wed 06/11/14 01:47 PM

having seen this thread and the one about virginity, I now fear I will mistakenly say, "Patience is a virgin".

But I hear her sister Prudence puts out.

Good thread, but I can't think of any.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Wed 06/11/14 08:03 AM
What a way to start the day.

Esmeralda08757's photo
Tue 06/10/14 07:51 AM
Good morning Beachers. Had a tough time waking up today.