Community > Posts By > lake17

lake17's photo
Wed 05/28/14 10:53 AM

It's shortened version of a name I use on another site. Originally it referred to my favorite lake back home in MN, and the number is my late husband's birthdate.

What's the name of the lake?

Lake of the Isles. It's one of a chain of lakes in the city of Minneapolis. It's not one you can swim in, though you can in the others in the chain. It's a peaceful lake that promotes contemplation.

And my dad used to tell me stories about the islands.

We don't have any such lakes where I live. frown

I have to climb mountains to find peaceful contemplation. :smile:

P.S. Welcome to Mingle. flowerforyou

Thank you

lake17's photo
Tue 05/27/14 11:53 AM
I used to play a lot of games like madlibs, scattegories, noteability (sort of a name that tune, with a tiny little battery-operated grand piano), and what's the name of that one where you draw a picture and your teammate has to guess what it is before the other team does? Other ones, too.

My late husband and I had a group of other couples we'd have dinner with, then play games.

He was great to play with at games like that, but I never played a card game with him because he was cutthroat with those and I didn't like it.

I hate cribbage with an intense passion.

But the one I absolutely loved that we played when we were out, were trivia games. We had a favorite restaurant that played them. You'd get a controller or box or something, and answer questions on a screen.

I'd play that with someone on a date in a heartbeat. Any others, though, like board games, I'd want to wait 'til we'd dated a bit more.

It is a good way to see how someone handles themselves, though.

lake17's photo
Tue 05/27/14 08:24 AM

If sentence is changed, then is it there need to be or there needs to be....

I'd go with - there must be flowerforyou

Needs, not need.

And there should be no 'in', just 'between'.

The original sentence should be 'have', but it makes it sound even more awkward.

Oh, and no apostrophe in 'yours' It's already possessive, it doesn't need to be more possessive.

lol...did I cover all the posts? It's the grammar OCD (it could be my grade school nuns' rulers raising their ugly heads) coming out in me. I usually try desperately to keep it in check.

What is the full sentence?

lake17's photo
Tue 05/27/14 07:22 AM
Edited by lake17 on Tue 05/27/14 07:24 AM
Neither 'sounds' right because it's an awkward sentence structure. I'd reword it, like the other poster suggested.

Try either of these.

It is required that you have three meters between you and your neighbor'��s camping devices.

It is required you have three meters between yours and your neighbor'��s camping devices.

Required or necessary, whichever word works for you.

lake17's photo
Tue 05/27/14 06:33 AM
Edited by lake17 on Tue 05/27/14 07:12 AM

When I was first in college, I wanted to be a costume designer--so now I pay attention to costuming.

Wow this freaky. When I was first in college all I wanted to do was drink beer and watch cartoons--so now I drink beer and watch cartoons....smokin

lol...I found out I wasn't good enough to be able to compete for the few jobs for costume designers.

But I'm guessing you were!tongue2

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 05:36 PM
Oh, I thought there was more. I came in to it late and thought he said to her "is that what you want?"

I assumed they talked divorce or something.

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 05:28 PM

It's shortened version of a name I use on another site. Originally it referred to my favorite lake back home in MN, and the number is my late husband's birthdate.

What's the name of the lake?

Lake of the Isles. It's one of a chain of lakes in the city of Minneapolis. It's not one you can swim in, though you can in the others in the chain. It's a peaceful lake that promotes contemplation.

And my dad used to tell me stories about the islands.

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 01:38 PM
Edited by lake17 on Mon 05/26/14 01:39 PM
"don't worry, nothing's wrong" Was that in reply to your asking if there was something wrong, or did he just say it?

If you didn't ask him that, I'd say--well, even with you asking--there is something wrong, and it's him probably wanting to fade away.

I think you're not compatible. You want more interaction and he is either unable or unwilling to meet that desire. He, evidently, does not need that kind or that much interaction as you do and I'm guessing you're not comfortable with as little as he is.

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 01:20 PM
You can watch them online.

I do have some problem keeping which English soldier is which.

It's fascinating, it's about American spies during the Revolutionary War. I also love how bawdy it is. If you happen to watch it again, notice the English soldiers' uniforms emphasis on the crotch.

When I was first in college, I wanted to be a costume designer--so now I pay attention to costuming.

But speaking of Madmen, I missed the phone conversation between Don and his wife. What did they say to each other?

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 12:37 PM

I need a cake from this shop. I want to sit in there all day and eat cake until I'm sick. I love this show.
I'm the baws, the cake baws

He's got a restaurant now here in Vegas. I keep meaning to try it.

You know he's got cake mixes, etc., for sale, too?

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 11:53 AM

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 11:47 AM
Well, yeah.

Who doesn't love an alfredo seafood pizza?

lake17's photo
Mon 05/26/14 11:42 AM

Mornin, Just...didja get the day off? smokin

Oh, &...before I forget...To all Warriors & Vets...past, present & future...thank you so much for your service. I am proud to be an American...flowerforyou

We rented The Book Thief last night and it brought out conversation with my 12 yr old daughter. In school, they're touching on WWII and Nazis, etc., so the movie was a catalyst for conversation. It's an excellent movie.

But our consensus, after the movie and my telling her a few stories about her grandparents and great aunts, uncles, etc., was that we are proud and lucky to be Americans.

So, yes. We thank our military for their service and their lives.

On another note--sort of--is anyone watching Turn on AMC?

lake17's photo
Sun 05/25/14 01:36 PM
I love it when a man titters....

lake17's photo
Sun 05/25/14 01:34 PM
It is that. It is more colorful.

lake17's photo
Sun 05/25/14 12:02 PM

you couldn't beat me enough to eat brussels as a kid.
as an adult when i became interested in cooking, i began trying things i had theretofore disdained; brussels among them.

pan roasted with olive oil and lemon, or onion and bacon, they are a far cry from the boiled from frozen nastiness i was introduced to as a child.

quite tasty, actually.

I approve this post. But, add a little fresh shredded Parmesan cheese over EVOO/lemon with a little coarse ground black pepper. Yum@!

I agree! That's how I make them, too. They are so much better than boiled and nasty. I think it would nor work well with frozen, either.

I also think the word you were looking for, Q, was 'meld', not 'fester'.

lake17's photo
Sun 05/25/14 10:06 AM
Edited by lake17 on Sun 05/25/14 10:08 AM

I am having a lazy, lazy Sunday morning. Just finished up eggs, sausage, and toast.

Still kind of rainy here today, we are going to save the grilling for tomorrow.

I've got family coming for supper. I am going to make chicken in cherry wine sauce. It looks fancy, but it's a one skillet easy peasy recipe.

I had thought about serving it with broccoli. But, now I am not so sure :laughing:

how 'bout green beans (or wax beans, but they're not green.)

I've been thinking about doing chicken with an apricot glaze, myself.

Soylent Green was on the other night--it really doesn't stand the test of time.

Speaking of which, I watched Purple Rain last night. It doesn't either. It's hard for me to diss a hometown boy, but dang. He can't act and it's a stupid movie. At least I got to see some scenery from home.

But lord, we wore some dumb clothes, hairstyles and make up in the 80's.

lake17's photo
Sat 05/24/14 11:23 AM

did you do it anyways, young lady? spock

well, ye-es

lake17's photo
Sat 05/24/14 10:41 AM
When I was a teenager, I worked for KFC. They gave us all t-shirts that said "finger licking good" My dad wouldn't let me wear it.

lake17's photo
Sat 05/24/14 10:34 AM

Well, I will start in the slow lane.
That way I get to watch all the other turtles.
Wait.
Do they leave..droppings?

Yes, but they wear little diaper bags thingies, so you won't slip on anything.