Community > Posts By > Delsoldamien

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 09:50 AM

Keep in mind these people were found not guilty.

Publishing untrue statements intended to harm another persons reputation is libel.

Why shouldn't the people who did that be held accountable?

Now can they show that they were actually harmed by each statement?? I would think that the inditment would be more harmful to them then the comments made by people..there issue is with the one making the false claim of sexual assault, but I'm sure they are looking for money anywhere they can find it..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 09:42 AM
Single

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 09:41 AM
I have no tatt's, or piercings, but on the right woman, I find both to be attractive..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 09:16 AM

When you post are you willing to stand behind what you post?

A Texas court has ask a service provider to identify posters who commented on a public matter in this case the dependents in a criminal trial.

How would you feel if your information was revealed? Do you say things with a poster name you wouldn't say otherwise? If you had to post under your true name would you post differently?

How do you feel about this?

Hundreds who posted views on sex assault trial targeted in Tarrant suit

04:39 PM CST on Saturday, February 7, 2009

By CHRIS HAWES / WFAA--TV

FORT WORTH — Hundreds of people who posted their opinions of a sexual assault trial in an online forum are now the targets of a lawsuit.

The authors of those comments on a Web site thought they were anonymous, but this week, a judge ruled their names should be revealed.

Mark and Rhonda Lesher lived quietly in northeast Texas; Mark practiced law, Rhonda ran a beauty salon.

Then, last year, a woman accused the couple — along with another man — of sexually assaulting her. That's when the anonymous comments started appearing on Topix.com.

An estimated 1,700 statements were too graphic to be included in this story, going far beyond the criminal charges.

"They were perverted, sick, vile, inhumane accusations," said Mark Lesher in a telephone interview from Clarksville, Texas.

The Leshers' attorney, William Pieratt Demond, labeled the comments "a form of persecution."

Last month, the couple got their day in court. A jury found the Leshers, along with their alleged accomplice, not guilty. But in the online forum, it seemed, the trial had no end.

"It just ... basically made us both feel like common criminals," Lesher said. "It's like someone had basically raped us of our reputation and our standing in the community over and over and over again."

And so this month, the Leshers sued 178 anonymous posters on the Web site. A Tarrant County judge ordered Topix to turn over potentially identifying information about the users listed in the lawsuit.. The site has until March 6 to comply with the ruling.

"We do not just give up people's privacy," said the Web site's CEO Chris Tolles. "We're very, very careful about that."

But Tolles said the discussions are not necessarily a license to run people through the mud. "If there is a line that's been crossed from a libel standpoint — and it seems reasonable — we do, in fact, cooperate with the courts."

This lawsuit was brought in Tarrant County because it appears at least one anonymous poster lives here.

Internet libel suits have had success in the past. A few years ago a North Dakota professor was awarded $3 million over claims a student Web site defamed him.

E-mail chawes@wfaa.com

I would stand behind what I post, and it is a shame that in America people can bring lawsuits like this..but I guess it is part of a free society.. But I don't think that I would say nasty things like that to anyone..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 09:11 AM

haha

More of the same.

I just love comparative guilt.

Poor Phelps...several things here I think are funny. Phelps kept his endorsements when he drank like a fish, got stopped and sentenced to probation DUI and dated a stripper. After all drinking like a fish, DUI and dating strippers is what a red blooded American boy is suppose to do right?

Then a picture surfaces of him hitting a bong.

People lose their minds?!?

Seriously the guy hit a bong? How many gold metals did he win?

The funny part is that if anyone was being truthful here they'd have to admit he hit a bong and still excelled.

On a non-serious note can you imagine this guys lung capacity? Bet he cleared that bong easily.

hahaha I bet he would...but I can honestly say that I have never tried it, never did any drugs other then alcohol...

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:34 AM

"So people look to their government to help."

Scariest words in the English Language:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

scared scared scared scared scared scared scared

hahahaha and that is what why the framers of the constitution came up with the 2nd amendment!!

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:31 AM
For those that wanted a global economy, I guess this is the down side of it..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:26 AM
Isn't it irony that everyone is getting all upset that a 23 year old swimmer named Michael Phelps smoked pot at a party, but nobody got upset when they found out that Obama used cocaine and pot in high school and college??

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:20 AM

Damn I am tired of people who's standard reply goes along the standard line of, "oh yeah well what about so-n-so"

Like that stunning simple Hassalbeck on the view who in reply to the issue of hunting wolves from airplanes in Alaska comes back with "What about abortion?" Don't like the conversation? Attempt to change it, point fingers at others and go to the "oh yeah what about" arguments.

Some posters here still fall back on "well what about Clinton getting a bj...he should have been prosecuted" line on tons of threads.

It is not the fault of the media when people on both sides of the isle and all those in between chose to purchase and support a bunch of partisan loud mouthed pundits telling us what we should think of current events rather than seeking out facts.

The evil media is serving up what we order.

Pundits who indulge our own views, prejudices and insecurities by telling us what we want to hear.

Who's fault?

OUR FAULT

So your purpose for posting this thread was to present the facts? And by pointing out that this guy is a scammer is to point out the facts that fox is different or the same as any other news organization that has been dupped??

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 07:51 AM

We need to get back to the days when people looked out for themselves and did wait around and expect others to provide for them.. I came from a poor background, my fathers family starved to death during the depression and only his older brother and him survived..

I too came from a poor family, and they didn't get help way back them. Would I have b$tched if they had gotten help? Only if I had no bloody heart.

My Dad's family was very uneducated and lived a very different life then we live today..and I belive that if you asked your parents or grand parents, they would have scoffed at taking charity from anyone..at least thats what mine would have said.. After becoming an adult, he worked two to three jobs at a time to provide for his family, people now days don't even want to work one job much less 2 or more...and I do understand that there are many people that do work more then one job, I am not talking about those people..Heart has nothing to do with it.

Too bad your fathers family did not have our system today that would have prevented them from starving to death. How proud they would be of you right now, knowing how you think.

Here again is someone talking out of their butt and stating or should I say mistating things about me they do not know.. My father was very proud of my continuing his charitable causes, and when he passed away, had never taken a dime from any govenment agency for charity. And yes, they would be proud that I continue to provide real assistance to people that really want to improve their lives..

You seem to miss the point of our system, that cares for it's people when things are bad for them individually and as a whole.

Yes, I am very familiar with Carl Marx and his theory of "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
But you and I disagree with the fundimental philosophy behind it. I believe that individuals should give to help others, I do not beleive that it is the responsiblity of the government to take from people to give to whom they choose..The pie in the sky attidute is a nice thought, but it is not reality and that system cannot maintain itself and eventually falls...show me one Marxist country that flourishes and I may change my opinion.

Is it fair to burden some with the problems of others..do you want your neighbor providing for you or you for them?? Helping is one thing, providing for them because of the choices they make is another..

Not everyone that is facing hard times right now did something to deserve it. Yet you would expect them to suffer... that amazes me.

So what did these people do during the good times to prepare for the bad times??? Did they educate themselves, did they save their money?? Did they get themselves out of debt so they could survive the hard times?? Probably not, because most people live day to day and people have not really fallen on super hard times,and do not have the self discipline to live within their means. There are exceptions to that, I do understand that, and as I have stated, helping someone through a hard time is good, I have an issue with people living off that system though.

I have some rental units that I started buying right out of college..most are now paid off and provide a good income for helping others. What happens when one of my renters runs into hard time..I help them buy allowing them to live there and not pay rent..till they get back on their feet and get a job. But me being the heartless and cruel person puts my belief into action...not just words. And I do it with my money and assets, not anyone elses..

Should I be burdened? Well I would not call it a burden as you would. I accept it as a reality of life. I would accept it, if for no other reason, then that one day I too may find myself in their shoes, and would hope there would be someone that cared that I didn't starve to death.

The reality is that if you plan right and live within your means, have the self disipline to save and not go into debt, then living through the hard times is easier.. Nothing is easy in life,it requires sacrifice and nothing is free, but being accountable for ones self and providing a way for themselves is not a selfish act. To me those that expect the government and indirectly me and other tax payers to provide for them is selfish act..

I don't want to live in a selfish world.

We are lucky, we have never experienced the difficulties faced by our parents and we do not know what real poverty and devistation is here in America. My ability to give is a enjoyment for me, not for self glorification, but just the joy of seeing someone you helped get up and stand on their own and become a productive citizen is a wonderful feeling..

If you think the government help agencies are altruistic in nature, you are fooling yourself..Politicians need voters and votes to maintain power and control, and a dependant society provides them with that.

Delsoldamien's photo
Sun 02/08/09 07:09 AM

I have stated before and say it again, for those people which are a small portion of those that are currently taking money from the government, I believe we should help them..but I(I meaning us) feel it more important that I give of myself, not the government...it is I who is touched and touches those that are aflicted, it is I who know their need far better then some government agency and 100% of what I give goes to the people that need it...when the government can give 100% of what they collect in taxes directly to the people that need it...then this wouldn't be a debate...but that will never happen...

Do you take money that people give to help the poor and take a protion for yourself in the process??? then hand over the rest?? That would be wrong and taking advantage of other peoples goodness...that is what the government does with taxes...

Well I can tell that you are not business sauvey. Administrative costs are a part of each and every business from small to large. All charities have administrative costs which they have to consider to accomplish their charitible works.

The government being an unaffiliated organization, in other words a non discriminatory source, they are qualified to disperse to the needy what they need far better than say a religious organization that will want to cater to their own, or white folks that would want to cater to their own, or a party affiliation that would only want to cater to their own, or any group that discriminates against others for ANY REASON that would want to cater to who they FEEL is deserving, etc.... I used those as examples to show how people can be discriminatory and feel they are right with their form of discrimination when in truth they are not.

I worked for the welfare department and unbeknowst to most people the welfare department actually recoups their money in quite a few ways that people outside would not know. Child support is used to repay welfare received by women or men, repayment of welfare received incorrectly is another way of recouping.

I don't know if you know this but prejudice people really scream alot about the government handouts as a way of "legitimizing" their personal prejudices against whoever they are prejudice against. If a person who hears this regularly from those around them really looks at the base of the reason they are screaming about it, they will find that the people are actually prejudice against the "type" of people they feel are riding for free. Check it out sometime.

You are assuming that I am prejudice, and I don't think you are qualified to make that determination since you don't know me. I spend alot of time working with all kinds of different people and spend alot of my time away from work helping people overcome their difficult situations in life.

I do understand how business works and understand how when people give to different charities, they have expenses that come from the donated funds..I think that is bad when so much of the money is spent on overhead and less then 100% goes to the people that need it. I do happen to donate to groups that are funded privately and do not use any of the money that people donate for their overhead, and I do not care who it goes to other then to people that have a need.
I know that you have heard the saying, "Give a person some fish and you feed them for the day..teach them how to fish and you feed them for a lifetime.. That is my belief and demonstrate that in my life activities

The difference between you and me is that you feed of the government tit and I believe that we shouldn't. You work for the government, so of course you want to keep that tax money coming in. Child support payments do not provide you with your paycheck, taxpayers do..so I understand your bias towards people that believe that government is way overstepping what it should be doing.

I do see people that come up and want food and clothing and other important things for themselves and their families, and we do all we can to help them out..but as you well know, there are plenty of people that take advantage of the situation. I have gone into many homes where people were asking for food help, but they had cases of beer stacked in their garages and cartons of Cigarettes but had no food for their children...is there a real need here or do they need to change their behavior to spend their money on food instead of their vices?? We provided food for the childrens sake, but the parents were angry that we would not give them money.. I know that there are many people in need, but educating them is the key to breaking their cycle of poverty, if not for them, but for their children..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:49 PM
I have stated before and say it again, for those people which are a small portion of those that are currently taking money from the government, I believe we should help them..but I(I meaning us) feel it more important that I give of myself, not the government...it is I who is touched and touches those that are aflicted, it is I who know their need far better then some government agency and 100% of what I give goes to the people that need it...when the government can give 100% of what they collect in taxes directly to the people that need it...then this wouldn't be a debate...but that will never happen...

Do you take money that people give to help the poor and take a protion for yourself in the process??? then hand over the rest?? That would be wrong and taking advantage of other peoples goodness...that is what the government does with taxes...

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:40 PM
Helping the indigent is of course an important thing to do, I believe in giving and not having a government agency take money from me...why you ask..because 100% of every dollar I give actually goes to the people that need it, not the money collectors, managers, agencies and others that take the money from taxes and spends it,leaving only 5 cents of every dollar going to the people that need it...which is really doing the best job??

They used to have big institutions for people that were either mentally disfunctional, which covers the large majority of actual homeless people, or people that could not function in society on their own...was it the best thing for them to be thrown out and put on the streets?? For those people which is a small portion of those feeding at the government trough, I agree, we need to help them, but people that are capable to help themselves should do so.

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:31 PM
We are checking out the nuclear power that is using spent fuel to power. There is a company in Arizona that produces them, they are small, 10X 20 boxes that are buried under ground and can generate enough electricity to supply 10,000 homes for up to 20 years. I have also invested in a company that builds fuel cells for home use, and you can use natural gas for it and it's byproduct is warm air and water...

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:24 PM
We need to get back to the days when people looked out for themselves and did wait around and expect others to provide for them.. I came from a poor background, my fathers family starved to death during the depression and only his older brother and him survived..he learned that he could not depend on someone else for his survival and so he worked hard, put himself through college and broke the cycle of poverty.. He taught me to do the same..anyone can do that, nothing is stopping anyone from doing that except a government and leader that tell everyone that they can do everything for them...

People can still help each other out, just like they used to do, but without government help..

Is it fair to burden some with the problems of others..do you want your neighbor providing for you or you for them?? Helping is one thing, providing for them because of the choices they make is another..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 12:56 PM

4 years ago huh...I have never had anyone ask me questions...where do you live...in the city, burbs or country?

I assume that you can read, and that, if you want to know something, you can go to my profile, same as I go to yours.happy

I see...there are many people who live outside of the city but list the nearest city..I usually don't check out profiles that don't post pictures..I figure if they don't want people to see who they are...they probably don't want to have people looking over their personal information..silly I know, but I respect everyones boundries..

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 12:49 PM
4 years ago huh...I have never had anyone ask me questions...where do you live...in the city, burbs or country?

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 12:38 PM

But Obama as a new president needs to know about the circumstances of people, how else can he cater for their needs?

And you believe that a census will tell him about the circumstances of the people??? When was the last time a census taker asked you questions about your life and needs??

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 12:36 PM

The way I see it:

Bush worked 8 years on destroying YOUR Country, and now you are all complaining that Obama isn't able to rebuild in 2 weeks?

You should get real for a change.

Bush and liberal repubs and dems, doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion in 8 years, at the rate obama and the dems are going...it will only take them 2 years to match that fete..

Actually, it's feat, as fete is a party or a feast.

But then, tell me, what did Bush leave for Obama to work on?

Obama can't pay depth back with nothing, and he needs something to put into economy as well.
So, how do you propose he does it with the less then nothing he has to start with?
Will you pay it out of your own pocket?
It would be only fair if he took it off the ones who made the money in the past 8 years, like Mr. Cheney, Mr. Bush, and associates, wouldn't it?
And then all hell would break lose, because it would be all against the poor right wingers who spent 8 years hoarding federal money, wouldn't it?

Oh so I guess when in Rome act like the Romans huh..I do not defend the overpsending that went on before, but when the Messiah Obama proclaimed that he had a new way of doing politics and would change the way things are done in washington...he just meant that he would do those same things only bigger?? I see, I do not defend those that spent our money on stupid things during the bush years, but you think that giving a tax break to those that actually pay federal income tax would be a smart move...not giving $500 dollars to those that don't..I am tired of all those that like to spend my hard earned money on things that they think I should spend it on..

Now, the way it was the past 8 years was, the rich got richer, the poor got even more poor.
Didn't mean though that the rich spent all their money in the US, no, they most likely transferred it to places where it wouldn't be taxed as hard.
Obama is trying to give money to those people who actually have to spend it in the US because they have no other choice, therefore putting it back into the economy.
It will take years on end to get back to where you have been in previous times, but every little helps.

$500 dollars in peoples pockets will not put a dent or even a blemish in this issue.

In the libs minds, the poor get richer when it is actually the rich get poorer..and the poor stay poor..what does it matter if they inflate your pay..when they turn around and take it and more from you in taxes..do you think these spending plans are free??? If we had a resource like oil to spend, then we could provide for everyone like in the Arab countries like Saudi Arabia, but we don't have that capability...so we are the politicians source of money..and if you take enough from the rich..there will be no more money to go around..it will not be able to sustain itself and like all other socialist countries..will crumble and go away..is that what you want??

Delsoldamien's photo
Sat 02/07/09 12:23 PM

Unfortunately we lost the option of that a few years ago. Esp last Mar when Congress refused to do something about all the homeowners losing their homes.

Now we are left with the ONLY option, The one Obama has presented, and passing it will be the RIGHT THING!

How many of those people that lost their homes were people living beyond their income levels,,or signed for loans without checking out the details of the contract?? How many of those people took out "Interest Only" loans or Variable Rate loans figuring that the interest rates would stay low and wouldn't be a problem??? Just becase there is a snake oil salesman or woman around on every corner doesn't mean that you have to buy their line of bull..

FDR tried to spend his way out of a depression and look what happened...it lasted longer because of what actions they took..building infrastructure... ever heard that line lately??

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 17 18