Community > Posts By > K2_freeskier

K2_freeskier's photo
Mon 10/01/12 04:56 PM
That's cool tazz, my favorite aspect is fly tying, spending sometimes an hour, just to go and fish a fly... only to lose it is pretty awesome, and well, the thing i love about salmon, and steel is that one day there are hundreds, and the next there are none to be found...

K2_freeskier's photo
Mon 10/01/12 01:49 PM
My favorite, and only kind of fishing i do anymore, is strictly chasing Salmon, steelhead, and trout using spey rods(double handed fly rods 12-18ft in length), my favorite rod is my G-loomis NRX 14' 9/10 weight with my lamson vanquish fly reel... Nothing beats catching a 37" steelhead after knocking out a 100' cast with a fly rod using traditional spey flies on massive water in less then ideal condition. My favorite river has to be my home waters, the Salmon river, given the fact of that the weather is rather extreme. Temperature spans of -40 in the winter, and nearing 100 in the summer, wading in -5 degree weather for a chance to catch the fish of a life time. Which seems to happen every year whether its a 48" king or a 36" brown trout spey is the way

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 07/05/09 06:14 PM
Who on this website is into white water sports(Kayaking/rafting) I personally am, and actually got worked pretty bad this weekend in a class 4 hydraulic on the black river here in upstate ny(Mary's hole). I punched through it fine(Ran true path not exactly the best line at high water) by accident. And, i realized i was off my original line i was like 'ohhhh s*** paddle paddle paddle' and i noticed about 15 feet before i hit the hole it was a HUGE hydraulic(like 5x bigger then usual), and then i instantly went ghost white. So, i cleared in, let out a sigh of relief, and i start paddling, and i realize i'm not going anywhere, i'm actually going back wards, and that's when i realized i was gonna get 'may tagged'(Recirculated like in a washing machine) so after about 3 of 4 minutes of getting tossed around in there with my boat i ended up getting spit out. made for an exciting weekend!

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 07/05/09 06:04 PM
I'm a freerider/dirtjump, and trials biker 100% i have a cannondale gemini tricked out for DS/freeride with boxxers(can just about lock out travel 100%), and a fox DHX 5.0 AIR rear shock on hope pro II hubs laced to mavic 721 rims Sram X.0 shifters/rear derailur, race face DH crank with an MRP mini me guide, easton EA 70 bars, avid CODE brakes straitline pedals. my dirtjump/free ride hardtail(#1) is my first generation

P.1 with pro 2 hubs laced to double wide rims FUNN splined system seat post easton vice stem/ ea 50 bars 31.8 of course avid code 5 brakes eastern lectron cranks with a shadow conspiracy half link chain/driver using a white industries trials free wheel and fox 36's

Dirtjump/trials cross bike is a first generation steel head custom gussetted with easton EA 50 bars, easton vice stem, easton vice seat post halo combat wheel set avid juicy 5 brakes race face evolve dh cranks azonic A-frame pedals X-9 rear derailur with an MRP slalom chain guide up front. Keep in mind, i've built all of these bikes from the frame up, bought 90% of the parts used, and saved about 70% I used to ride at Keystone ALOT(colorado) the-fix bike park(In boulder) denver skate park, and all around denver. Now, lately i've been riding white fac, gore, and platekille

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 07/05/09 06:03 PM
I'm a freerider/dirtjump, and trials biker 100% i have a cannondale gemini tricked out for DS/freeride with boxxers(can just about lock out travel 100%), and a fox DHX 5.0 AIR rear shock on hope pro II hubs laced to mavic 721 rims Sram X.0 shifters/rear derailur, race face DH crank with an MRP mini me guide, easton EA 70 bars, avid CODE brakes straitline pedals. my dirtjump/free ride hardtail(#1) is my first generation

P.1 with pro 2 hubs laced to double wide rims FUNN splined system seat post easton vice stem/ ea 50 bars 31.8 of course avid code 5 brakes eastern lectron cranks with a shadow conspiracy half link chain/driver using a white industries trials free wheel and fox 36's

Dirtjump/trials cross bike is a first generation steel head custom gussetted with easton EA 50 bars, easton vice stem, easton vice seat post halo combat wheel set avid juicy 5 brakes race face evolve dh cranks azonic A-frame pedals X-9 rear derailur with an MRP slalom chain guide up front. Keep in mind, i've built all of these bikes from the frame up, bought 90% of the parts used, and saved about 70%

K2_freeskier's photo
Thu 11/27/08 03:06 PM
Yeah, as a lot of people have said. You'll get your turn, and it'll probably happen when you're not looking. That's how I met this one girl that i really liked, she was the whole package, needless to say, she ended up moving in my i think it was. But, still keep your chin up.

K2_freeskier's photo
Thu 11/27/08 11:35 AM
I plead the 5th on that one. but, i most certainly understand now that i've made my mistakes. Now, what i hate are those people that have big humvees, and F-350's that are driving 10 miles an hour in a few inches of snow, and they manage to go in a ditch? HUH? When i used to have my Dodge ram, with a winch, and all that, i'd be like 'hey do you need to use a phone or anything?' 'noo, but could you tow me out?' 'sorry, but it's broken' 'how about a lift to the store?'

K2_freeskier's photo
Wed 11/26/08 07:30 PM
me being a younger person... I might as well chime in, I see alot of kids now, whining about stupid things, or bad mouthing their mother... The mom tells them to stop it, and that's it. When I was younger, if I was rude in public, I had a choice between the belt, a wooden spoon, or spatchala on the booty. And, i'd generally get a few warnings 'stop that, or i'm gonna blister your ass' and, yeah. It most certainly works better then 'i'm gonna take away your game boy'.

I was at lunch with an old kayaking friend of mine, and she brought her daughter along to this restraunt, she turns around, deliberately knocks the drinks over, and she tells the waitress 'HAHA! You have to clean that up now' That most certainly warrants a spanking as far as i'm concerned.

K2_freeskier's photo
Wed 11/26/08 04:23 PM
Ohh, so yeah while i'm on the ski thread, i'd figure i'd go on a quick rant of how much i hate idiots. So, i was going to drop off this little cornice drop off thing switch(Backwards), and do a 540, meanwhile, i'm shouting 'dropping', and my friend's are holding it so i can hit it... Well, some moron decides 'hey, i'm gonna hit it real quick' so, i land ontop of him, after I made it apparently obvious i was hitting it. No big deal, no one was hurt, so I got down to the rail, and was going to do a 270 on, same thing, same moron, completely snakes/cuts me off, and i ended up taking a nice gouge to the core of my BRAND NEW(third run) skis because, he was a flipping moron. So, I told him, the next time I see him cut somebody off, or not 'pay attention' to the line up of the jumps, and rails I was going to pull his pass.

K2_freeskier's photo
Wed 11/26/08 04:03 PM
MMMHMMMMMMM, i've been upgraded from being an instructor, to a liftEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, 30+ hours a week, ontop of my other pt job, about 65 hours, i'm excited.

K2_freeskier's photo
Tue 11/25/08 11:43 AM
Yeah, wilmington is about an hour away, it's a nice little town, and the same with Burlington, it's about an hour and a half, or two. Burlington is really nice town, i like it alot, and there are alot of places to eat, if you're into the outdoors, you have pokomoonshine(About a 1/2 hour or an hour hike). If you're lucky, you'll get to see a couple bald eagles, or peregrine falcons on the way up off the 1,000 foot cliffs. And, then there's always lake placid, if you're into that sort of thing.

K2_freeskier's photo
Tue 11/25/08 11:28 AM
Yes, it most deffinately is. I hope to get my work Visa, so i can raft for commercial companies in canada. I'd like to guide the grand canyon someday, big big water. But yeah, that's pretty much where i'm coming from. I wanna go back to school someday, but enjoy being a 'kid' for now.

K2_freeskier's photo
Mon 11/24/08 05:38 PM
Edited by K2_freeskier on Mon 11/24/08 05:39 PM
yeah, i can't wait to start the season up again, I hope to finish my PSIA level II certification this season, that way in the next season, or two i can get level III, and pretty much work anywhere where that have instructors As far as virginia goes, there are a few decent places. I like holiday valley quite a bit too in NY. Yeah,if you could check out NY some time too, i liked Diablo in NJ for mountain biking ALOT. some great race courses there.

K2_freeskier's photo
Mon 11/24/08 12:24 PM
The best way to tell if you're in the wrong lane when Driving drunk is well, there are headlights coming directly towards you. Or, you're on the gas, but you're not moving anywhere, you're either in a ditch, or in park. Don't ask me how i know.

K2_freeskier's photo
Mon 11/24/08 12:15 PM
I like denver alot, it's a pretty sweet city, especially for trials biking, and kayaking(confluence park is 2 miles from my old apartmet). But, yeah denver especially the capitol building has some great biking spots, and so does 16th street mall(16th n arapahoe area). I lived in lafayette for a year, boulder for a year, then denver, and then me, and a few friend's rented a condo @ copper village for the winter which was about awesome.

K2_freeskier's photo
Mon 11/24/08 12:02 PM
hah 3oh3, you like the group 3 OH! 3 by any chance? Yeah, i like breck, except it's pretty much nothing but gapers... The same thing with Vail, steam boat, and keystone. That's why I stuck to copper, loveland, and a-basin. Plus copper has free snow cat access to tucker back bowl. I have to say, I love a 51 @ keystone, but i think Dark territory at winterpark is better. As far as half pipes are concerned, breck is deff the best I think. But I didn't move outwest to ride park, I spent almost 140 days last year in the back country, skiing waist deep powder.

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 11/23/08 02:20 PM
Scene girls, and boys, and emos should all die. They're trendy little *****es. They say they're all into metal, and all that crap, but they've never head of pantera, or hate breed? yeah, whatever. they're lame. and as i said i hope they die.

In reply to the bright colors, i have a neon green onesy snow suit i use to make fun of all the people who come ski/snowboard from NYC

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 11/23/08 01:56 PM
I think, just maybe. I used to like the groomers, and park. But after living in CO for four years I became a total powder hound. Jackson hole has to be one of my favorites, or Mt baker? i've been to too many places, and they're all fantastic in their own way.

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 11/23/08 11:27 AM
yeah, for sure. When I was in colorado, I generally stuck to the back country. waist deep powder 5 days a week, snowmobile access. It's always nice. only thing you need to watch for are avalanches. I took my safety course, so I was pretty excited, but regardless, nothing prepares you.

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 11/23/08 07:19 AM
What's up? I was just curious, if ther are any white water kayakers, or rafter on the forum. New york is a fantastic place for the sport, one of my favorite rivers is located about 5 miles away from me(The black)

Previous 1