Community > Posts By > K2_freeskier

K2_freeskier's photo
Sun 11/23/08 12:44 AM
Yeah, for sure. I like tremblant as I said. Next year i'm should have my points north heli trip paid off, and i'm wayyy excited. As far as skiing though in the US nothing beats the rockies(of course). Copper is my favorite place, with free snow cat access to the Tucker back bowl, and an amazing super pipe, with really laid back staff. Ticket prices are rather cheap, about $75.00, which isn't much considering you're getting the chance to have snow cat access as well.(Usually $125.00 per run), and they have a nice village too. Endos adrenaline cafe` has about the most amazing nachos ever made. As far as where i like to ski, i keep it small with dry hill, labrador, and snow ridge. DH is my home hill, 300 vertical feet, but all quality riders.

K2_freeskier's photo
Sat 11/22/08 03:19 PM
I play alot of speedball, played the NYcup a few times for parental advisory, now i'm sort of free-lancing it, i'll show up to tournaments, and act as a hired gun once in a blue moon, hopefully i'll have my own X ball team fairly soon. It's kind of lame that the NPPL has capped all markers at '13.3 bps' i mean, it takes the whole point of buying an eclipse ego, or Cyborg out of the game. But, on the other hand, I respect it because it gives others more of a chance to compete, and do well. However, they should have a completely seperate class. I mean, when you're shooting ISPC pistol comps, you have factory stock, then mod, and then unlimited ,and that's how it should be in every sport.

K2_freeskier's photo
Sat 11/22/08 03:08 PM
Yeah man, I used to climb alot actually, around the adirondacks. Cascade lakes(pitch off, pete's farewell), pokomoonshine has a pretty sweet lead climb. Every year i'd try to make it to a big place like Rumney, or the gunks but unfortunately funds ran short a couple years ago, and i got out of it. Where do you climb?

K2_freeskier's photo
Sat 11/22/08 03:05 PM

then ban boxing,, people have actually died in the ring, oh dont forget to ban football, cause people get more head injuries in that sport than any other, and more injuries on the football field than all others total. reported and not. dont forget taking hockey out, more blood in that than most. while your at it,, take away all contact sports that someone might enjoy

Thank you

As far as 'staring eachother down' it's all to psych the other person out. Whenever I was in a kayak competition, or ski competition, i'd be like 'hey, the surf is pretty gnarly, make sure you have your head on' or 'man, if you case the pipe, you're gonna be hurtin' big time.

It gets their minds wandering, and when they're wandering they're not focused on 'doing what needs to be done' but, what happens, if 'they make a mistake' it's the same concept.

K2_freeskier's photo
Sat 11/22/08 03:00 PM
Depends on what you're looking to ski. If i were you i'd say ditch whiteface, and just head to Jay peak in VT... It probably has some of the best tree skiing in/on the east coast as far as i'm concerned. I'm actually planning on going back out to colorado for a few weeks to ski copper/steam boat/ winter park. When i was working at copper i got free passes, and I still know people. I personally prefer tremblant myself as opposed to white face, they have skier X races frequently, and it's right in montreal, so there's always something going on. As far as skiing white face, it's cool but you tend to get a lot of tourons(Tourist/moron combo), it's like the Vail of new york. I still see alot of the neon green onsies, and old school oakley goggles, and I LOVE THEM!! I'm trying to hunt down a set. But yeah, whiteface's terrain is pretty top notch for the ice coast. The food prices are extraordinarily{sp?} outrageous, for any mountain i've been at. But, I guess that's allowed because they've held the olympics two times?

If you interested, there's a place called platekille which is fairly amazing as well, skiing there remind me alot of skinng outwest, you get those sweet powder stashes, and cliff drops in certain areas. prices aren't too bad either.

2 Next