Thu 06/18/09 04:29 PM
flowerforyou Never regretted it and always meant itflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:20 PM
laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:18 PM

"This is MY God.

He is the First and Last, the Beginning and the End!
He is the keeper of Creation and the Creator of all!
He is the Architect of the universe and
The Manager of all times.
He always was, He always is, and He always will be...
Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, and never Undone!
He was bruised and brought healing!
He was pierced and eased pain!
He was persecuted and brought freedom!
He was dead and brought life!
He is risen and brings power!
He reigns and brings Peace!
The world can't understand him,
The armies can't defeat Him,
The schools can't explain Him,
The leaders can't ignore Him.
Herod couldn't kill Him,
The Pharisees couldn't confuse Him, and
The people couldn't hold Him!

Nero couldn't crush Him,
Hitler couldn't silence Him,
The New Age can't replace Him, and
Donahue can't explain Him away!
He is Light, Love, Longevity, and Lord.
He is Goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God.
He is Holy, Righteous, mighty, powerful, and pure.
His ways are right,
His Word IS eternal,
His will is unchanging, and
His mind is on me.
He is my Redeemer,
He is my Savior,
He is my guide, and
He is my peace!
He is my Joy,
He is my comfort,
He is my Lord, and
He rules my life!
I serve Him because His bond is love,
His burden is light, and
His goal for me is abundant life.
I follow Him because He is the Wisdom of the wise,
The Power of the powerful,
The Ancient of days, the Ruler of rulers,
The Leader of leaders, the Overseer of the overcomers, and
The Sovereign Lord of all that was and is and is to come.
And if that seems impressive to you, try this for size.
His goal is a relationship with ME!

He will never leave me,
Never forsake me,
Never mislead me,
Never forget me,
Never overlook me, and
Never cancel my appointment in His appointment book!
When I fall, He lifts me up!
When I fail, He forgives!
When I am weak, He is strong!
When I am lost, He is the way!
When I am afraid, He is my courage!
When I stumble, He steadies me!
When I am hurt, He heals me!
When I am broken, He mends me!
When I am blind, He leads me!
When I am hungry, He feeds me!
When I face trials, He is with me!
When I face persecution, He shields me!
When I face problems, He comforts me!
When I face loss, He provides for me!
When I face Death, He carries me Home!
He is everything and the reason for everybody, everywhere,
Every time, and every way.
He is God, He is Faithful.
I am His, and He is mine!

So, if you're wondering why I feel so secure, understand this...
God said it. I believe it. And that settles that.
God is in control, I am on His side, and
That means all is well with my soul.
Everyday is a blessing for GOD IS!"

--author unknown

A friend sent this to me & I enjoyed reading this. :smile: I thought I'd share, and I hope you all enjoy this as well! flowerforyou

flowerforyou

Amen! Thanks for sharing this; it was a blessing!flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:13 PM
Here are a few quotes that I have been meditating on by Laurie Beth Jones:

Leaders who met at the State of the World forum determined that the most important jobs in the world are parenting, teaching, and healing.

What we think or say about ourselves is clearly and unequivocally reflected in everything we say or do – in our work, our surroundings, our family life, and our service to others.

Physicists and scientists agree that even an apparently insignificant event as a butterfly flapping its wings in Africa can affect the atmosphere in Alaska…

Every word we speak, every action we take, has an effect on the totality of humanity. No one can escape that privilege or that responsibility.

flowerforyou :heart:

no photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:03 PM
Lord, I give you my heart –

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCSKaLXY_44&feature=related

This is my desire, to honour You
Lord with all my heart I worship You
all I have within me
I give You praise
all that I adore is in You

Chorus:

Lord I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me

This is my desire, to honour You
Lord with all my heart I worship You
all I have within me
I give You praise
all that I adore is in You

Chorus

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:00 PM

I like the way Rebecca St. James sings God of Wonders.

waving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADKJbFpBWPo

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/18/09 03:55 PM
Edited by Laura10 on Thu 06/18/09 03:56 PM

Cuz, let's face it, you guys are kinda weird. I had a woman ask me what type of Xian I was. I said excuse me? She said she wanted to know what church I go to, as I was the most Xian man she had ever met. I told that since I am not Xian, I was highly offended by her comments.

laugh Was she a Christian?

I prefer to be called 'peculiar'(and proud of it)!:smile:

1 Peter 2:9 (King James Version)

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:39 AM
Hi Gio!flowerforyou

Sad, but so much truth.:cry:

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:53 PM
Proverbs 4:7 (New International Version)

7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding.

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:49 PM
laugh

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:46 PM
Edited by Laura10 on Thu 05/14/09 09:46 PM
Take All of Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwigrJ3Cyc&feature=related

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:42 PM
waving Hi Michael!

Here is a link that is not as long...

Saviour King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7BQzic-zLs&feature=related

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:06 PM

hi God bless you..:smile:

waving Hi andrea777

Welcome to Mingle2 and God bless you!

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:00 PM
waving

E-sword is an electronic Bible training tool that you can download free onto your computer. It has useful tools such as different Bible translations (some are free and others you must pay for) and you can parallel different translations to compare. There are also maps, commentaries, study notes, dictionaries etc. The version that automatically comes with the download is the KJV with the original Greek and Hebrew root words, which is very helpful in accurate translation and study. Hope this helps : )

As for the Gnomesword, I have no idea? I can’t wait until RT comes back and enlightens us.

http://www.e-sword.net/index.html

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 11:04 AM
Psalm 19:14 (NIV)

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 03:46 PM

My Favorite Bible Verse 1 John 4:7-8

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

The church camp I went to as a child (9-15) used to sing this as one of our daily songs after lunch.

Karl

waving Hi Karl!

Welcome to Mingle2!

That is a great verse and made me think of John 13:34-35 (NIV):

34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 02:32 PM

Hate Crimes Bills are not necessary, and just do more to create a division between people. Assault is assault. Murder is murder.

The Federal Government is overstepping its bounds once again. You cannot raise a certain group or groups above another. Special legal protections for a group at the expense of another is expressly forbidden.

They are completely disregarding the 14th amendment.
It's not that murder is different in one group for another. But we do need hate crime bills. It adds special circumstances and time in prison for crimes commited by hatred. It helps prevent groups like the KKK and going out and attacking Black people. It prevents groups from going out and attacking gay and lesbians. We need hate crime bills because we have hate crimes.

Murder isn't murder? You have got to be kidding. I don't give a rats ass about the motive. If someone is murdered walking down the street, you are saying their life isn't worth the same as someone else who gets special recognition in the legislation? That is nonsense, and a hell of a way to downgrade someone because they don't meet some special requirement.
murder is murder and ALL should be punished. Absolutly. But what I'm saying is there are different circumstances to different crimes.

Actually, according to the 14th amendment we all have equal protection. That means that you can't impose a law that targets one group or raises another above a group. If you want special recognition for a certain group change the constitution. Until then 1 murder should be charged as every other murder.

I agree!

You just said you wanted money to help fight crimes against the Church (Which I pointed out the bill does). Make up your mind either your for it or against it. Can't have it both ways.

I don't want the governments money to help fight hate crimes against the Church!

I want to protect our freedom of speech, including the Christians and everyone else's freedom of speech! Our equal rights! Protection of the very foundation upon which our great nation was founded! That's all.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 02:25 PM

How about protection for the Christians?flowerforyou

Well guess what, to the degree that anything is included in that bill, Your church is as well. Same money is offered to help find people who attack churches. No difference.

I'm sorry, but that makes me laugh.laugh tears laugh

I've got to go start dinner (So much for doing my book review on Lies My Teacher Told Me by Loewen - Don't get me started!)

Peaceflowerforyou

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 02:17 PM

Hate Crimes Bills are not necessary, and just do more to create a division between people. Assault is assault. Murder is murder.

The Federal Government is overstepping its bounds once again. You cannot raise a certain group or groups above another. Special legal protections for a group at the expense of another is expressly forbidden.

They are completely disregarding the 14th amendment.
It's not that murder is different in one group for another. But we do need hate crime bills. It adds special circumstances and time in prison for crimes commited by hatred. It helps prevent groups like the KKK and going out and attacking Black people. It prevents groups from going out and attacking gay and lesbians. We need hate crime bills because we have hate crimes.

Murder isn't murder? You have got to be kidding. I don't give a rats ass about the motive. If someone is murdered walking down the street, you are saying their life isn't worth the same as someone else who gets special recognition in the legislation? That is nonsense, and a hell of a way to downgrade someone because they don't meet some special requirement.
murder is murder and ALL should be punished. Absolutly. But what I'm saying is there are different circumstances to different crimes.

Actually, according to the 14th amendment we all have equal protection. That means that you can't impose a law that targets one group or raises another above a group. If you want special recognition for a certain group change the constitution. Until then 1 murder should be charged as every other murder.

I agree!

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25