Community > Posts By > Laura10

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 02:14 PM

Laura,

You keep quoting the article and referring people back to the article, but it's not a factual article. It's an article based on the opinion of the author, put out by a Christian newsletter. It's not an unbiased article. The facts of what he states have not been verified at all.
We can't go getting all riled up and upset over someone's opinion just because it's printed in a paper.
Of course he words it as facts, but it's not.
There IS absolute evidence that gays and lesbians are not given equal protection. Up until recently, you could still legally discriminate and fire or refuse to hire someone soley based on their sexual orientation.
Even in the military- "don't ask, don't tell policy" I mean come on... I don't care who he's in love with when he (or she) is out there putting their life on the line for my freedom and safety.
I suggest doing more research on the bill itself. Read up on it more, not just what this article states.

I do believe it to be factual.

Thank God for the protection that is now in place to protect the homosexual community or anyone else that is being discriminated against.

I thank God and pray regularly for all of our military that has fought or is fighting for our FREEDOM!

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 02:05 PM
How about protection for the Christians?flowerforyou

I'm hearing about more and more church burnings, beatings, and people stepping foot in churches and open firing!

Let's protect the Christians too!tears :smile:

I'm feelin the love in here.:smile:

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:57 PM

In the medical community there is already legislature being pushed trying to take away a Physicians license if they refuse to give a morning after pill, prescribe birth control, or do an abortion.

There are already people trying to sue Pastors for 'hate crimes' when preaching straight out of the Bible in the US.

Are we free or not? That is taking away our freedom of speech.

I in nooooooo way condone hate of any kind!

People are just that people - we will never live in a world where we can all agree with how things are, but no one is taking away your right to read the Bible. You have the freedom of expression but with that also comes the freedom to express the opposing views.

Doctors should tend the needs of the sick, regardless of whether they agree or not, this is something new that just sprouted - thought it was a hypocratic oath they took while studying?

As for pastor's being sued, apparently someone somewhere disagreed with his sermon/reading/lecture?

Are you saying that someone who engages in sex and becomes pregnant is sick?

Is it okay to sue someone because we disagree with what they are saying?

Are you saying that if I end up pregnant I should rely on what you or the doctor feels is right for me? Do you feel you and or the doctor are more qualified to tell me what's best for me?

I agree, this world is 'sue' happy especially lately. If you don't agree hey let's sue them for monetary compensation.

If a Doctor for religious reasons does not want to perform an abortion or prescribe pills, people are free to go elsewhere where this doesn't not violate that doctors own personal, moral integrity. Why is it necessary to force someone to do something they do not agree with? Is it for the safety of the mother?

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:47 PM

sorry but my rights haven't been taken away....yet. and legalizing same sex marriages doesn't take away my rights either.

This really should be alarming for all people!

Again, to quote the article:

This creates both a sociopolitical and legal environment wherein traditional sexual morality officially becomes the new racism. Those who publically express medical, moral or religious opposition to the homosexual lifestyle are tagged by the government as "homophobic bigots" to be treated no differently by law enforcement, the courts or larger society than the KKK or neo-Nazis.

In short, this bill places newfangled "gay rights" in direct conflict with our enumerated constitutional rights. It becomes the first step in the official criminalization of Christianity. It's a zero sum game and someone has to lose.Ultimately, what we lose are our First Amendment guaranteed rights to freedom of speech, religious expression and association.

YR, yet...is the key word!

isn't that judging others? the first amendment is for ALL rights to beliefs....not just one side

YR,

Do you believe it would be okay for a Pastor to go to jail because he got up and read out of the Bible where it says that homosexuality is a sin (just like adultry, gluttony, gossip, anger, slander etc.)? It has already happened in other nations and this is a push towards an agenda that would take away our rights to read the Bible!

Might be if it did that, but pure and simply put, it doesn't.

In the medical community there is already legislature being pushed trying to take away a Physicians license if they refuse to give a morning after pill, prescribe birth control, or do an abortion.

There are already people trying to sue Pastors for 'hate crimes' when preaching straight out of the Bible in the US.

I would have problems with some of that myself, though I've not seen you provide any proof that it's happening. Still the issue here is Bill 1913 and it doesn't change any of those things in either direction. It supports existing law yes, but it doesn't create anything new.

I never said you did. I implied that you obviously haven't looked at the bill to see what it actually says. I have provided a link to the actual document as provided by our government not by some hateful blogist with an agenda.

Why the need for exra money?

I thought we were ALL protected undet the 14th Amendment.

According to the article:

According to the latest FBI statistics, in 2007 there were about 1.4 million violent crimes committed in the U.S. Of those, only 1,512 were reported as "hate crimes" motivated by "sexual orientation" bias. Over two thirds of those were allegations of "hateful" words, touching, intimidation, pushing or shoving. There were a mere 247 cases of aggravated assault (including five deaths) allegedly motivated by "sexual orientation" bias nationwide. In each case, where appropriate, offenders were prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and victims were afforded the exact same justice guaranteed every other American.

Are you disputing the accuracy of the article?

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:43 PM

People are just that people - we will never live in a world where we can all agree with how things are, but no one is taking away your right to read the Bible. You have the freedom of expression but with that also comes the freedom to express the opposing views.

Doctors should tend the needs of the sick, regardless of whether they agree or not, this is something new that just sprouted - thought it was a hypocratic oath they took while studying?

As for pastor's being sued, apparently someone somewhere disagreed with his sermon/reading/lecture?

Are you saying that someone who engages in sex and becomes pregnant is sick?

Is it okay to sue someone because we disagree with what they are saying?

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:28 PM
Edited by Laura10 on Mon 04/27/09 01:31 PM

sorry but my rights haven't been taken away....yet. and legalizing same sex marriages doesn't take away my rights either.

This creates both a sociopolitical and legal environment wherein traditional sexual morality officially becomes the new racism. Those who publically express medical, moral or religious opposition to the homosexual lifestyle are tagged by the government as "homophobic bigots" to be treated no differently by law enforcement, the courts or larger society than the KKK or neo-Nazis.

In short, this bill places newfangled "gay rights" in direct conflict with our enumerated constitutional rights. It becomes the first step in the official criminalization of Christianity. It's a zero sum game and someone has to lose.Ultimately, what we lose are our First Amendment guaranteed rights to freedom of speech, religious expression and association.

isn't that judging others? the first amendment is for ALL rights to beliefs....not just one side

YR,

Do you believe it would be okay for a Pastor to go to jail because he got up and read out of the Bible where it says that homosexuality is a sin (just like adultry, gluttony, gossip, anger, slander etc.)? It has already happened in other nations and this is a push towards an agenda that would take away our rights to read the Bible!

Might be if it did that, but pure and simply put, it doesn't.

I in no way condone hate of any kind.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:12 PM

YR,

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:04 PM

Why aren't Christians rallying around the gay and lesbian population and helping to protect them from the random beatings, killings, and bashings they take on a daily basis. Where's the love??? OOOHHH I forgot. You can't love people that gay and lesbian cuz they are wrong and against God. Gotcha. Makes sense.

That is so wrong and stereotyping all Christians to fit into some radical group.

I have a friend that is gay and I do NOT hate gays and love and acceptance is needed for all people!

Focus on the Family has great help for the gay and lesbian population and does conferences entitled Love Won Out. It teaches people how to love and support the gay community and provides help for those struggling in this area.

http://www.lovewonout.com/

Big wake up call, a small percentage of people within the church have homosexual tendencies and just don’t admit it. There needs to programs just like for anger, alcoholism and drug abuse, grief recovery, and the like. Shame on those who hate or dislike someone just because of their race, religion, or sexual orientation!

Peaceflowerforyou

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:53 PM
Edited by Laura10 on Mon 04/27/09 12:53 PM

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:49 PM

OK... sooo... protecting gay, lesbian, and 'cross genders' from being bashed is a bad thing???

I completely believe in protecting everyones rights. No one should be bashed for their sexual orientation, race, or religion!

How does giving someone protection and equal rights to not be bashed affect you?

Equal rights? You are able to speak in opposition to Christians, our President, or whatever else and no one is threatening to throw you in jail. Did you read the article?

To quote the above article:

There is exactly zero evidence to suggest that homosexuals or cross-dressers do not currently receive equal protection under the law. In fact, you need only look to the most famous "hate crime" of all – Matthew Shepard – for proof. Although the evidence determined that Shepard's murder was not a "hate crime" by definition (a misconception still widely propagated by the homosexual lobby, the media and liberal lawmakers), the two thugs who committed the crime nonetheless received life in prison – and rightfully so. (Shepard's murder turned out to be the end result of a robbery for drug money gone from bad to horrible).

Likewise, the murderer of Mary Stachowicz – a devout Catholic grandmother who was brutally killed by a homosexual man in Chicago merely for sharing the Bible – was also given a life sentence. The system worked in both cases and both victims received equal justice under the law apart from any discriminatory "hate crimes" legislation.

And when did Christians become the only ones with the rights to the First Amendment???

Who is silencing others from their views and making it a crime, punishable by law, to speak about it?

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:06 PM
Edited by Laura10 on Mon 04/27/09 12:07 PM
Get ready, America. Congress is set to make various sexual orientations legally protected.
Your call is needed today!

April 27, 2009

Dear Friends,

Congress is set to give legally protected status to 30 sexual orientations, including incest. Because of pressure from homosexual groups, Congress has refused to define what is meant by "sexual orientation" in H.R. 1913, the "Hate Crimes" bill. This means that the 30 different sexual orientations will be federally protected classes.

To see the orientations that will be protected by the Hate Crimes bill (H.R. 1913), see http://www.afa.net/sexualorientationshr1913.asp

The U.S. House of Representatives is set to vote on H.R. 1913 in a matter of days. Right now, there is still time to kill this bill, but time is short.

Please go to this site to get the direct telephone number for your representative, along with suggested talking points for your call. Call your representative today to demand politely, but firmly, that he or she vote against H.R. 1913.
http://capwiz.com/afanet/callalert/index.tt?alertid=13208656&type=CO

www.afa.net

Thank you.
flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:51 AM
Separate but Unequal Protection
By Matt Barber

Rep. John Conyers (D-Michigan) and Rep. Mark Kirk (R-Illinois) have quietly re-introduced the federal thought crimes bill, H.R. 1913, the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009. As has proved to be true in both Europe and Canada, this Orwellian piece of legislation is the direct precursor to freedom killing and speech chilling "hate speech" laws. It represents a thinly veiled effort to ultimately silence – under penalty of law – morally, medically and biblically based opposition to the homosexual lifestyle. The bill is expected to be marked up Wednesday before the full House Judiciary Committee.

Under the 14th Amendment, victims of violent crime are currently afforded equal protection under the law regardless of sexual preference or proclivity. If passed, H.R. 1913 will change all that. It overtly and, most likely, unconstitutionally discriminates against millions of Americans by granting federally preferred status, time and resources to individuals who define their identity based upon aberrant sexual behaviors (i.e., "gay" and lesbian "sexual orientation" or cross-dressing "gender identity").

Of course, this entire concept flies in the face of the 14th Amendment. It inarguably codifies unequal protection under the law, creating a two-tiered justice system made up of first-class victims such as those who self-identify as homosexual or "transgender" and second-class victims such as the elderly, children, pregnant women, veterans, the homeless and others who choose not to engage in homosexual or cross-dressing behaviors.

There is exactly zero evidence to suggest that homosexuals or cross-dressers do not currently receive equal protection under the law. In fact, you need only look to the most famous "hate crime" of all – Matthew Shepard – for proof. Although the evidence determined that Shepard's murder was not a "hate crime" by definition (a misconception still widely propagated by the homosexual lobby, the media and liberal lawmakers), the two thugs who committed the crime nonetheless received life in prison – and rightfully so. (Shepard's murder turned out to be the end result of a robbery for drug money gone from bad to horrible).

Likewise, the murderer of Mary Stachowicz – a devout Catholic grandmother who was brutally killed by a homosexual man in Chicago merely for sharing the Bible – was also given a life sentence. The system worked in both cases and both victims received equal justice under the law apart from any discriminatory "hate crimes" legislation.

Yet, proponents of H.R. 1913 claim it's needed to curb an epidemic of so-called "hate crimes" committed against homosexuals and those who suffer gender identity disorder. This is a lie that is knowingly and intentionally cultivated by a very well funded and intrinsically deceptive homosexual lobby. The alarmist propaganda simply doesn't square with the facts.

According to the latest FBI statistics, in 2007 there were about 1.4 million violent crimes committed in the U.S. Of those, only 1,512 were reported as "hate crimes" motivated by "sexual orientation" bias. Over two thirds of those were allegations of "hateful" words, touching, intimidation, pushing or shoving. There were a mere 247 cases of aggravated assault (including five deaths) allegedly motivated by "sexual orientation" bias nationwide. In each case, where appropriate, offenders were prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and victims were afforded the exact same justice guaranteed every other American.

The entire push for federal "hate crimes" legislation is rooted in fraud. In fact, many of the most high-profile reports have turned out to be false. For example, investigators determined that the very "hate crime" (Andrew Anthos in Michigan) exploited by liberal lawmakers to justify the same legislation in the last Congress, was a false report. It never happened. (See report from Detroit News [PDF]) And instances of such fabricated and politically motivated "hate crimes" continue to pile up.

So, if proponents of H.R. 1913 are neither justified nor motivated by an actual need for the bill – as clearly demonstrated – then what drives them? The answer is twofold. First, passage of "hate crimes" legislation would place the behaviorally driven and fluid concepts of "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" on an equal footing with legitimate, neutral and immutable "suspect class" characteristics such as skin color or a person's true gender.

But the threat is not just some shadowy phantom looming in the near future. It's a clear and present danger. While debating the notion of "conspiracy to commit a hate crime" in the last Congress, Representative Artur Davis (D-Alabama) admitted that the legislation could be used to prosecute pastors for merely preaching the Bible under the concept of "inducement" to violence.

Furthermore, under existing criminal statute if H.R. 1913 becomes law, actual violence or injury need not take place for a "hate crime" to occur. For example, if a group of Christians are at a "gay pride" parade and a one of them gently places his hand on a homosexual's shoulder and shares that there is freedom from homosexuality through a relationship with Jesus Christ, then, voila, we have a battery and, consequently, a felony "hate crime."

But the Christian needn't even touch the homosexual. If the homosexual merely claims he was subjectively placed in "apprehension of bodily injury" by the Christian's words then, again, the Christian can be thrown in prison for a felony "hate crime." The FBI has included mere words – "insults" and "intimidation" – in calculating "hate crimes" statistics and – under the current political regime in Washington – there's every reason to believe they'll subjectively consider "insults" and "intimidation" (read: traditional sexual morality) for purposes of prosecuting "hate crimes."

Yes, it's a brave new world and with H.R. 1913 – among other things – a once free America has moved, both literally and figuratively, a quarter of a century beyond Orwell's 1984.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=498106

flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 10:53 AM

i wld say get to know her more dont tell the truth about everything but b clear so that she will know that ur serious about knowing her for who she is and not the ego thats a start.

waving Hi Orion2012! Welcome to Mingle2.

I totally agree with your comment on getting to know someone first and building a friendship. How can you start to ‘love’ someone when you really don’t know them? However, I disagree with your comment about lying, ALWAYS tell the truth. There are times where it is not the right occasion to share things on a given subject and to tell someone that you are not ready to discuss that yet should always be respected imo. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 10:15 PM

dutch ovens sick

:laughing:

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 09:49 PM
waving Hello and welcome!flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 09:31 PM
waving Hi MorningSong and PropheticServantflowerforyou

"Singin in the rain"

flowerforyou :heart:flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 09:13 PM
I’d rather risk being alone forever. However, I think that a truly extraordinary relationship will come from two ordinary friends who realize they wouldn’t want to live without the other and take it to the next level.flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 04/22/09 09:14 PM

Good morning all.

work as if it was your first day

forgive as soon as possible

love without boundaries

laugh without control

and never stop smiling

even if you don't know the reason.

Please pray for those suffering from cancer.

We all have close to our heart.

flowerforyou

waving Hi Britty and all!

Thanks for sharing that!

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:27 PM
That was a blessing to read and a great reminder. Thanks Beautyfrompainflowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:22 PM
Thank you Morningsong!flowerforyou

Love that song!

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25