Community > Posts By > AutumnDusk

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 02:45 PM

It takes a heap of trust. One of you must be willing to move to where the other person lives in a short period of time. My idea of a short period of time is less than a year. And visit each other as often as financally possible.
I am glad I went through a LDR once, but I will not do that again.

What happen with your LDR. I am happy to have had mine too although it ended. It was a life changing experience for me.

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 02:43 PM

it's more a challenge considering you wont be seeing one another as much. if the two really want to try and make it work, then more power to them

It is more challenging and it does become difficult from experience and the moment of truth when you finally meet how things may change between both or one of you can cast a cloud of fear over the relationship especailly when the couple makes the decision to meet and the date becomes closer. So how do you deal with it?

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 02:30 PM
I did have a LDR sadly end this summer but I am still extremely open to them though I might not have said that two months ago.

What would you have done differently in those relationship if you could just simply erase them or never have them. What advice would you give to a couple that could possibly become the real thing, true love, and you were forbidden to tell them not to attempt having a LDR?

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 02:27 PM
I will say that I don't mind public displays of affection but within reason. Casually being comfortable with each others bodies and person is a sign of love and care for the individuals you are with in your life.

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 02:17 PM
Finding true love can be a difficult task considering our dating pool may be limited or too wide. Some of us can handle long distance relationships or LDRs? My question for those of us willing or even desiring to have LDRs who does our dating etiquette alter from dating someone with your local area? I would like to hear peoples success and failed stories of LDRs. The rules they have placed within their lives when having a LDR. What approach do people take when considering a LDR?

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 02:12 PM

Philosophically,
when it comes to true love,
distance shouldn't be a factor.

Amour sans frontières.

I believe this to be true although the distance proved to be too difficult for my last relationship. I think that if you find the person you love distance because a mute issue. I pose another question: Believing that true love exist, regardless if with one person or a few, would we be naive to limit our opportunities of love to one little corner of the world and fate or god is truly that kind?

Another question is what should the dating etiquette be for individuals in a long distance relationship or LDR?

no photo
Mon 01/12/09 06:33 AM
I was curious to here people's thoughts about long distance relationships and who should travel to whom first. What are the struggles you may have faced in the past or could possibly see a couple facing in a long distance relationship. When does it become to difficult to maintain the relationship?

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 01:28 PM
Clingy makes me think of never having my alone time again. That is a scary thought. I love to touch and be comfortable with each while in one another's company but give me some alone time. Allowing each other to have their own space gives the relationship room to grow and the couple their breathing room so they can really enjoy their relationship.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 01:22 PM
Wow, he was a special man. Poor guy.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 01:19 PM

My personal favorite: "We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their" - there is a pregnant pause, as he gropes for the right word - "their love, with women all across the country."

Rofl! I didn't get a chance to hear that one.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 01:18 PM

Oh my GOD!!!!! Can you believe this moron got elected. TWICE!

Yes. Our military was still in Irag! Think about it. Actaully it isn't uncommon for presidents to serve two full terms.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 01:17 PM
I am curious about the book he reportly mentioned in an interview last month. He said that he would like to write a book about all his mistakes during his presidency. He was also quoted mentioning that he is looking forward to retirement. I agree that he belongs there and that he has a great deal to write about but the point I like to bring up is that this man has to be facing the possiblity of going down in history as one of the worst presidents of the US. That is probably being way to harsh considering that the beginning of his career was incredibly hopeful and he was elected back into office the second time. Anyone would is considering suicide because they think the world hates them should look towards George Bush and consider that the world does openly hate or dislike and he writing a book during his retirement explaining why he made the choices that he while in office. The man has my respect for holding onto his sanity in the face of hate from his country and other nations. Granted there are many people that still support him and beleive his presidency was a great success however sadly you take the good with the bad. The critism is still there. I am sure all presidents faced this when coming out of house but I am still impressed with how he is handling his affairs and himself while stepping down from the most powerful position in the world.
Just to be clear, I voted for Al Gore then Obama. I strongly beleive in obama and can wait to see the progress our country will make under his influence.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:57 PM

I hope they won't be hard to find. They keep the DPL away..... I rarely wear anything else but a thong.

I really do enjoy my thongs because they make me feel sexy but I do wear the occasional bikini and boy shorts.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:55 PM
Today I was reminded of what our country faces as a nation for past mistakes. Each day we are forced to face the cruel reality of our world. Failing economies, starvation, domestic violence, increasing crime rates, decreasing job rate, global warming, child abuse, animal abuse, and so much more that it can create a feeling of fear and helplessness against our times of hardships. We all try to find happiness in our own lives and take for granted the fact that we live in a great nation. I would love to say that I am doing more to undo the horrors our civilized society faces around the world. It is a noble act to make sure people are aware of these cruelties. With Facebook.com we are allowed to spread the knowledge of these injustices and maybe create signed petitions to help government officials fight against them. Knowledge is power! However sometimes knowledge is overwhelming and you begin to collapse under the influence of too much negative knowledge. Our media lives by the theories that sex, catastrophes, drugs, lies, and fear sells news. They exaggerate it so you will stay tuned to the next show with the hope of it getting better so you might actually get some sleep at night.

All of us learned about the Great Depression in school. Some of us still have family members that survived through it. Watch them and see how they are reacting to the possibility of our nation facing another Great Depression. Could we already be facing one now. Some people state that we are in a recession while others say we are already in a Depression. Either way are country and world are facing difficult times. People are demanding change from government officials and large corporations. During school we learned a lot of quotes from famous individuals that found a way to make our world more incredible and fought to make our world a better and safer environment for future generations. The quote that we all should be reminding ourselves of and making it our personal motto for the upcoming year is:

“Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.”

Are you scared of global warming then fight against it? Knowledge is power but applying it can change your life and those around you can learn from your example. Your children are be easily influenced by the surroundings they live in and regardless of the pig you used to be in college they will never know it if they grow up in a home that recycles, has green appliances, use environment freely products, drives a hybrid, uses recycled goods, carries your own shopping bags, and works hard to fight against global warming simply from living a green and clean live. If you have a problem with US jobs going over seas or the labor abuse in China simply buy only US made products or just stop purchasing all products made in China. Tired of animal abuse work with an organization in your neighbor that allows you to volunteer your time to helping find homes for animals. Want to see the improved with child education donate time at a local after school tutoring program or donate school supplies to underfunded schools your area. Simple things can make the difference in every persons’ life.

During a presidential debate Obama received a question from a viewer asking what he would advice the America people to do to help with this crisis. His reply was extremely similar to my suggestions. If we each simply made an effort to make a difference in our own lives and communities we could take on the entire world’s heartaches and problems. One person can inspire a community while one community can inspire a nation and a nation can inspire the world. Before tackling the big problems sometimes you need to start at the base of the problem. Hope is all we need with the ability to believe in ourselves that by changing our lives we are sending shock waves through the world. Knowledge is power but applying it to our lives will Change the World.

no photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:49 PM

So far...
Bad Economy = 5
Me = 1

Lost 4 great co workers today and want to buy all those nice 60% to 90% off deals....

How is the bad economy effecting you?

Hi, I work for a circuit board manufacturer. We have had no real layoffs yet, but a few voluntary layoffs & the shut downs for the holidays were extended. I get get as much overtime as I want right now because my department is the bottleneck, & we are under deadlines. Every board has to be visually inspected & tested, so I feel my postistion is safe for a while, but the other departments are worried. We have milatary contracts & that is what is keeping us going.

I have never been a mallrat, but I am spending even less now, paying down debt & stocking up on staples as they come on sale.

Military Contracts are just as unstable at the moment though. Though I voted for Obama and support him (I should say I beleive in him.) I have heard rumors that he is possibly about do eliminate or down size projects such as the F22 Raptor and other areas of our military to cut the budge this year. I also heard that his stimilus package, that I have not read yet, may also boast jobs in the US but also abroad. People are concerned that the stimulus package is going to boast more projects abroad than in the united states.

What I find educational and interesting is to watch family members that went through the Great Depression react to our failing economy. Part of me wants to follow their example while the other part wants to have hope that our new president and cabinet will be able to undo some of the past mistakes our government made plus install new policies to help our country in the future.

Personally my family owns a business in the construction industry, we are strong but watching our industry change around us and changing with the times. I have 3 friends that don't have steady jobs at the moment are having to create work in the meantime. It is scary to read the news and discover more layoffs than job creations for the New Year.

no photo
Mon 01/05/09 02:34 PM
that is terrible... haha ;P

no photo
Sun 01/04/09 08:05 PM
I think you should go for it because if you don't you will always wondered what might have happened just make sure you aren't risking the friendship but honestly I don't think you are going to have that problem. GOOD LUCK!

no photo
Sun 01/04/09 07:52 PM

I'm not generally attracted to body types. I'm attracted to the body of whom I am attracted to!!!

Wow... you worded that so well! I agree!

You did word that perfectly...

no photo
Sun 01/04/09 07:21 PM
I am a pathetic Irish descendant that doesn't drink? What is wrong with me... Maybe it is because I prefer Scottish men?

no photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:32 PM
Just for the record I think that you are extremely beautiful and whatever weight you have to lose won't take long for you if you joined a gym. No I am not gay... Lol! Just thought I would mention it. Another thing I learned from years of experience the faster it took to lose it the fast it came back but the slower I took to lose it doing it the right way it usually stays off! :D
One thing that I am doing because I gained some weight the last few months because I finally quit smoking was to create a photo journal of myself. Each day I take a picture of myself writing in the caption what I did to accomplish my weight lose. My ultimate goal is to be in shape and maybe starting competing or playing soccer. I've been following Weight Watchers because it allows me to eat things I enjoy and encourages me to eat healthy items too along with moderating my eating portions so I can lose weight.
Another thing I should mention is a friend of mine encouraged me to order a free sample of Acai Berry Pills with her to try them. I did thinking I would only receive a 3 dollar charge for shipping to my card. About 100 dollars later I had to cancel my card. They promised to refund me the money and that my account was closed. I received another bottle last week. If I hadn't canceled my card there would have been another charge. I am sure you are smarter than me but I was shocked at how stupid I was and my friend's stupidy. :D