Community > Posts By > Douglas

Douglas's photo
Mon 05/09/22 07:19 AM
Your listed interests are outdoors. Your profile only talks about being indoors. Your main photo shows you in some warehouse-like building. Have a think about what a woman is looking for when she sees your picture, looks at your listed interests, then reads your text. While none of us are just one-sided, it would help to concentrate on what you are portraying of yourself. If you're a homely guy, a photo of you at home as your main picture would help; if you are an outdoor man, a photo of you outdoors would be best as your main picture.

The photo with someone else I would remove. I think it's always dodgy to include someone else and can be viewed as a sign of disrespect, even if they are family.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/08/22 12:59 PM
Hi Harry and welcome.

Take the long view, Harry. Relationships aren't built in a day. You need to "kiss a lot of frogs" (and stumble over a lot of people not wanting what they pretend) to find someone to relate to easily.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/08/22 10:38 AM
waist

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 03:53 PM

I am none of the above so what does that make me?

As a woman who looks too good to be 66, you are obviously fake.

Merry is clearly fake, too, she's far too good looking to be a real woman.

Me, I'm just so handsome I have to be fake!

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 01:50 PM
Edited by Douglas on Sat 05/07/22 01:50 PM
No, only up a misty mountain and that was a long time ago.

HYE gone up the stairs and tried stepping on another step when you're already at the top?

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 01:45 PM
manifesto

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 01:41 PM
My hair is longer now than it has ever been in my life.

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 12:15 PM
In another post, you say "I love all women as long as they are truthful and honest"

You love women who are truthful and honest cheats?

rofl

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 12:08 PM
If you are looking for hookups without being very sure that you do not want children, you will be a poor man in more ways than one.

There are surely better sites than this one for what you think your needs are.

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 11:54 AM
Edited by Douglas on Sat 05/07/22 11:54 AM
The Psalm does not say that you loose blessing for taking counsel with others. Other people, who do not hold to your beliefs, can still be a benefit to you.

Taking counsel is never the same as taking action. It is always up to you how you behave.

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 09:55 AM
No, I'm far too miserly for that.

HYE smoked out your home with burned toast?

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 09:50 AM
The silhouette

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/07/22 09:43 AM
Bear in mind that there is really no such thing as 'online dating'. It might sound like a small point but it helps to get right the fundamental way you look at a 'dating' site.

The dating will be offline. Just as if you met a woman at your local shop, you meet in one place, date in another.

(Personally, I don't even think about things in terms of 'dating' but that's another matter.)

What a site like this is good for, is helping you to meet those who might want to know you. Every time you go in a busy supermarket, there is probably a woman in there who would like to meet you, too, but which one of the three hundred is she?

That doesn't mean that every one here wants to meet you, of course. You still have to find the one(s) compatible with you, and also find her among those who will tempt you but have no intentions of doing anything but extracting money from you. So there is still a filtering process.

At a glance, your profile seems good. Have a look around, write something real and preferably different as a SHORT introduction to a few women and take it from there.

Good luck to you and those you mingle with!

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 09:45 PM
Idle

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 03:46 PM
Count the raindrops to fall asleep.
asleep
Since there are more raindrops than sheep, you should fall asleep faster.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 09:06 AM
Oh goodness, that takes me back.

A friend's party long ago, where I had met a woman and we got along well. In parting, we kissed. We both (I found out later) intended it to be one of those quick kisses, a kiss on the lips to say "I'm interested" but that was all.

Five, ten, whoever knows how many minutes later, we came up for air, both surprised!

Sadly, it never developed into a relationship beyond a few dates but that was the kiss that got carried away!

HYE regretted what you wore out to a date?

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 08:45 AM
But not yet. A stranger jumps in just to confuse things.

I could guess myself, but I suppose it would be cheating to double post.

Don will be next.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 02:48 AM
Here you go. There's a sucker born every minute.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 02:28 AM
Edited by Douglas on Fri 05/06/22 02:29 AM
Legs

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/06/22 02:26 AM
mortuary