Thu 12/11/08 09:52 AM
i hope they like horse manure

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:50 AM
Sin City characters is good fa me

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:45 AM

yea music and art, those involve separate intelligences

I sort of disagree on foreign languages as mandatory as i would think that mastery of English would be more rational, and other languages would hinder that for most

hmmmm, once a mastery of Latin was considered crucial to education

I was kinda thinking in terms of Spanish though. Where I live the population is about 60% Spanish (they don't like the terms "hispanic" here) and the person who only speaks English is kind of at a disadvantage.

i tend to think the entire culture is at a disadvantage if everyone has to learn more than one word for the same thing

this is a joke I heard overseas

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
Bilingual

What do you call some one who speaks more than two languages?
a polyglot

What do you call someone who only speaks one language?
an American

heh heh heh yea

but there are umpteen european countries bordering each other with different languages covering the area of Texas

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:39 AM

I sort of disagree on foreign languages as mandatory as i would think that mastery of English would be more rational, and other languages would hinder that for most

hmmmm, once a mastery of Latin was considered crucial to education

I was kinda thinking in terms of Spanish though. Where I live the population is about 60% Spanish (they don't like the terms "hispanic" here) and the person who only speaks English is kind of at a disadvantage.

i tend to think the entire culture is at a disadvantage if everyone has to learn more than one word for the same thing

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:31 AM

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:23 AM

I dig talking about stuff, especially politics and history

I hate people who want to debate things like that though. Instead of discussing things that are and things that have happened and what may happen next they are all about scoring debating points and make everything confrontational. People disagree all the time. Disagreement doesn't mean you have to debunk the other persons opinions or beliefs and prove yourself victorious

Mostly that is what I see in the political threads so it is useless to try and hold a conversation here

i wish Debate classes were mandatory in high school

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:19 AM
oh who knows...

some dudes think they are umans,

some umans think they are dudes,

perhaps Charlie is both IDC

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:08 AM

"Praise, flattery, exaggerated manners and fine, high-sounding words were not part of Lakota politeness. Excessive manners were put down as insincere, and the constant talker was considered rude and thoughtless. Conversation was never begun at once, not in a hurried manner. No one was quick with a question, no matter how important, and no one was pressed for an answer. A pause giving time for thought was the truly courteous way of beginning and conducting a conversation. Silence was meaningful with the Lakota, and his granting a space of silence to the speech-maker and his own moment of silence before talking was done in the practice of true politeness and regard for the rule that, “thought comes before speech.”

1. Are you a constant talker or more of a listener?

i'm more introverted, so listener

2. Do you allow others to express their mind or do you take over the arena not allowing other thoughts to develop?

i like to see that there's a balance

3. Do you have alot of temper when you don't agree, or do you remain calm and try to reason?

i'm more objective, but i certainly can get obstreperous in an effort to get a different emotional response to hopefully lead things to further conceptualization

4. Do you hold a grudge the next day after a argument, or do you forget about it and move on?

i might hold a grudge if i thought that things were purposely made too personal

usernamefayou's photo
Thu 12/11/08 08:56 AM
well your mistake is thinking that this is a society

the mentality is to wage war for yourself to gain power, then perhaps join powers to gain even more power or avoid disaster

for those people with no power, can't/don't manage themselves, you're going to have this a lot

in dreamland wisconsin, it does seem we still have some sense of returning favors, at least where i'm at

perhaps that's why green bay is one of the best places to do business

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 12:06 PM

height and weight, just like everyone

I applaud your honesty.

yer lights will be turning off and on all day because that's what I am LOL

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 12:00 PM
a HA HA HA

if I were to message or approach an older lady around here, I would be laughed all the way back to the corn fields

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:54 AM

oh gawd...do i dare ask?

signing the books, silly!

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:48 AM
you DO know what the tradition is after getting a book published, right?

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:34 AM

you all die like wuss, you come duel with me

god's busy......can i help you?devil

playing Half-life 2 when my guy got shot to hell and started to fade away and my buddie tells him not to go for the light whatever he does that really ticked me off, so please make sure he doesn't when he goes - thanx

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:23 AM
you all die like wuss, you come duel with me

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:19 AM
username FA YOU!

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:11 AM

i'll have my lawyer call your lawyer...we'll do lunch :wink:

my lawyer's in jail for copyright infringement frustrated

usernamefayou's photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:06 AM