Community > Posts By > cheechako

no photo
Thu 10/08/15 09:17 AM
You seem to like rocks and minerals, are you a prospector at heart?

no photo
Wed 10/07/15 02:32 PM
Thanks for that interesting article. It is written in language that is easy to understand.

no photo
Wed 10/07/15 02:28 PM
The war on/for drugs has been around for a long time.

The First Opium War (1839–42), also known as the Opium War and as the Anglo-Chinese War, was fought between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and the Qing Empire over their conflicting viewpoints on diplomatic relations, trade, and the administration of justice for foreign nationals.[3]

In the 17th and 18th centuries, the demand for Chinese goods (particularly silk, porcelain, and tea) in the European market created a trade imbalance because the market for Western goods in China was virtually non-existent; China was largely self-sufficient and Europeans were not allowed access to China's interior. European silver flowed into China when the Canton System, instituted in the mid-17th century, confined the sea trade to Canton and to the Chinese merchants of the Thirteen Factories. The British East India Company had a matching monopoly of British trade. The British East India Company began to auction opium grown on its plantations in India to independent foreign traders in exchange for silver. The opium was then transported to the China coast and sold to Chinese middlemen who retailed the drug inside China. This reverse flow of silver and the increasing numbers of opium addicts alarmed Chinese officials.

In 1839, the Daoguang Emperor, rejecting proposals to legalise and tax opium, appointed Lin Zexu to solve the problem by abolishing the trade. Lin confiscated around 20,000 chests of opium (approximately 1210 tons or 2.66 million pounds) without offering compensation, blockaded trade, and confined foreign merchants to their quarters.[4] The British government, although not officially denying China's right to control imports of the drug, objected to this unexpected seizure and used its naval and gunnery power to inflict a quick and decisive defeat.[3]

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 08:42 AM
That is a beautiful story, so many of them are not told.

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 08:32 AM

Looking for friends to chill with me and the wife a bi girl If possiable

WHY? Did the last one die in the basement where you had her chained up?

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 08:23 AM

Well, we are a real Melting Pot of religions here.
I would like to understand other people's religions.

So who has had a spiritual encounter with their God or a saint or a spiritual experience that changed your life.

Me, I have had spiritual encounters with both the good and the bad.
One uplifts, the other confuses and creates fear.

Atheism is not a religion, so if you are an atheist, but have had some spiritual encounter, please contribute.
No, not really looking for lsd experiences or the like :tongue:

An Atheist was fishing on Loch Ness. All of a sudden a huge monster came out of the deep and was going to swallow him. He hollers " Oh God save me".
Time froze and everything stops. A voice booms from heaven "I thought you didn't believe in god"
He says, "Five minutes ago, I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster either"

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 08:13 AM

To define born again, you must know the bible. Thanks Ladywind.

It's interesting how we all come to the conclusion there is a god.
Mine came from a slow realization that nothing else makes sense.

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 06:42 AM
Thanks Pansy. I have seen a lot of "Born Again" people but have never seen a Born Again church. So I was just wondering.

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 12:02 AM
Ladywind, What is a born again Christian? I have seen that a lot.

no photo
Wed 09/30/15 09:43 PM

I personally believe a God exists, because the evidence exists that we have a purpose other than survival, and personally i'm curious to figure out exactly what that purpose is.

From what I read in the Bible, I believe we have the potential to become "sons of God" probably to populate the universe. Christ was the first to be resurrected and there will be two more resurrections.

Romans 8:29

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Colossians 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

no photo
Tue 09/29/15 08:52 AM

It's good to be healthy

It's healthy to be good! (no more dodging bullets from mad husbands)

no photo
Mon 09/28/15 11:15 AM
Sat 09/26/15 02:08 PM

I know from experience god doesn't have feelings like we do. I would never allow my son to be raped and just stand there watching - and that's what god did by letting me be abused by men in my family when I was a child. God lets the most horrible things happen to me, and I have no family , no friends , and no wife or girlfriend . I will likely never have anything, and that doesn't concern god. He is real, I believe that, but he is cold .

I believe God feels your pain more than you think, and one day you will know. Until then do the best you can to heal and enjoy your life. I hope you can move forward to a full and happy life.

no photo
Mon 09/28/15 08:44 AM
The last five women who messaged me were beautiful women from the USA. They wanted to know all about me, but couldn't spell very well. I think scammer 101 should include spellcheck.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 05:02 PM
Yep! Cheer up things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough. Things got worse!grumble

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:52 AM
How do I find your thread, "gifts"?

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:43 AM
How about flowers, chocolates, and poetry?

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:33 AM
You are quite the little diplomat! I guess it has been around for awhile.

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:29 AM
OK 69 Would you like to do 68?

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:23 AM

Whenever i say "Hi sweetness, how are you doing". I hardly get any response but whenever i say: "How is my future baby mama doing". I get lots of replies.

Wouldn't work on me
:wink: :wink: :wink:

How about," I love my bed but I would rather be in yours" ?flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:07 AM
My Chinese neighbors have a baby with Down Syndrome. They named him Sum Ting Wong.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25