So many years have passed you by
My heart breaks as I cry
The drugs have taken over your life
Now you've lost your son and wife
All I can do is continue to pray
You turn your life around one day
I believe they call it tough love
I'm giving it to God above

Addiction is terrible to watch your son killing himself for several yrs is painful. He fell off a roof at work several yrs back and some quack dr put him on 2 different high dose pain meds for 1 bulging disc. Now he's hooked and then gets more else where. He pulled a stunt a couple days ago that was the last straw for his wife and I . It breaks my heart he's always been a great kid never gave me any grief. So all I have left is prayer

:thumbsup: flowers

no photo
Tue 05/28/13 12:48 AM
Sure did.happy

no photo
Fri 05/24/13 04:09 PM
:banana:

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 08:35 PM
tongue2

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 08:33 PM
waving

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:58 AM

She is a beautiful girl with an ugly cancer, was told she may have 9 months to a year, when she was diagnosed at 16 years old. She is fighting it big time and is now 18. She has lost a leg and part of both lungs. She is a real fighter and now her kidneys are acting up. She was in the hospital last week, has been really sick for the last few weeks and they thought she may have to go to the prom with an IV --- but she luckily was able to go without her IV.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your support. Take care.flowerforyou

Prayers for your friend.flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:57 AM
Welcome and good luck.

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:53 AM
Enjoy life.

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:52 AM
Have a great day, everybody.waving

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:50 AM

Portland
(Yeah, this is one of those true stories)

Saturday morning
dreary
and gray
with a seemingly never ending drizzle
yet the Saturday Market calls

I hate it . . . I seriously hate it
there’s nothing about going to an arts and craft market
on a Saturday morning at that
that excites me . . . nothing
and we’re away
in a different city
without the kids
no noise
no worries
without any of the day to day stresses of DC
nothing but an opportunity to relax . . . and make passionate hmm,
yet the Saturday Market calls

She’s excited
and I’m like . . .argh! well that’s the best I can do
so we take the wet walk to the streetcar stop
then the mini tour of downtown Portland
ok, it’s not too bad
the food truck strip is kind of cool
different
then there’s Voodoo Donuts . . . “Hey, wait, I saw them on Food Network”
she smiles,
she’s working her magic on me again
you see she has this uncanny ability to get me to do whatever it is she wants
and enjoy it
so yeah, the Saturday Market calls

Now I’m halfway excited
because she’s excited
you should see her eyes open wide
all the goods being sold
the foods
the little trinkets
the paintings
the fabrics . . . she takes it all in
and honestly,
I get it now,
I get her excitement . . . but I’m not going to tell her
that the Saturday Market was now calling me . . . ARGH!

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:48 AM

flowerforyou ty you too.

You're welcome.flowers

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:47 AM
I'm trying to make up my mind about what to think about.

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:44 AM

her chin does lol

:laughing:

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:43 AM
Swell.bigsmile

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:42 AM
Have a great day,BBWs.:heart:

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:41 AM
Welcome and good luck.

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:32 AM
Edited by Someone2callmyown on Thu 05/23/13 04:38 AM

Thinking is man’s only basic virtue, from which all the others proceed. And his basic vice, the source of all his evils, is that nameless act which all of you practice, but struggle never to admit: the act of blanking out, the willful suspension of one’s consciousness, the refusal to think—not blindness, but the refusal to see; not ignorance, but the refusal to know. It is the act of unfocusing your mind and inducing an inner fog to escape the responsibility of judgment—on the unstated premise that a thing will not exist if only you refuse to identify it, that A will not be A so long as you do not pronounce the verdict “It is.”

John Galt

True or just a figment of someone's imagination?... *shrug*

shrug?

whoa slaphead :tongue: laugh :laughing: rofl spock

So if the police are behind you with lights flashing and guns pointed at you...

They don't actually exist till.....you say that they exist?

I just dont see it.

If it works for you..great. congratulations. For having a super hero power.

I believe the "figment" she's referring to is John Galt, who is a character of Ayn Rand's book "Atlas Shrugged". John Galt...in the book...is actually saying quite the opposite. He is saying that ignoring a problem does not make it go away. When that problem affects the whole of society, ignoring the problem is no better than BEING the problem.

I was just laughing at Leigh's witty little shrug...a play on the book title. :thumbsup: I'm just that easily amused at times. slaphead :laughing:

Ayn Rand lived out the last years of her life on welfare, trying to hide her true identity so people would not know she was a disgrace and a hypocrite.
actually she never hid her Identity!
Hope you can equal her Achievements!
Refute her if you can.
Sneering is easy!

I counted to 9 this time!...You're slipping!laugh laugh

Rand Rocks!:banana:

Noted speed freak, serial-killer fangirl, and Tea Party hero Ayn Rand was also a kleptoparasite, sneakily gobbling up taxpayer funds under an assumed name [note: it might have been her legal name] to pay for her medical treatments after she got lung cancer.

An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).
As Pryor said, "Doctors cost a lot more money than books earn and she could be totally wiped out" without the aid of these two government programs. Ayn took the bail out even though Ayn "despised government interference and felt that people should and could live independently... She didn't feel that an individual should take help."

But alas she did and said it was wrong for everyone else to do so.

http://boingboing.net/2011/01/28/ayn-rand-took-govern.html
more Strawmanning,hmm?rofl waving

But unable to refute any of her writing!
Like I said,sneering just ain't cut it!
And Boing Boing?
Tsk,Tsk,Tsk.
BTW,if you paid into these Insurances,what is the Beef of benefiting from them?
You ain't got a Leg to stand on,Byron!

You seem to have poor reading comprehension.....

1) I do not have a beef with anyone getting these government benefits

2) Ayn Rand had a beef with anyone getting them. Your dispute is with her.

I don't need to refute anything. She did that herself. She was against other people getting these government benefits and then she got them for herself.

Those are the facts. The facts are the legs I stand on.bigsmile

An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).
As Pryor said, "Doctors cost a lot more money than books earn and she could be totally wiped out" without the aid of these two government programs. Ayn took the bail out even though Ayn "despised government interference and felt that people should and could live independently... She didn't feel that an individual should take help."

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
so,you believe it is wrong for someone to recoup some of the Money extorted by Government from them,through Ponzi-Schemes,just because they are Libertarian or Objectivist?
You still are using the Strawman in order not to have a look at the Principles you are unable to refute!
Like I say,you got no leg to stand on!
Now let the good people get back to the Original Topic,we have Hijacked the Thread enough,,before the Moderators lock it!
If you feel like ranting on,be my Guest!laugh

Tssk tssk, You really should work on that reading comprehension dear boy.slaphead laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I did not state what I believe. I stated the facts. Ayn Rand drew goverment assistance under an assumed name during the last years of her life. That makes her a hypocrite since she claimed that it was wrong to draw any government assistance. You have not refuted that.

"However, it was revealed in the recent "Oral History of Ayn Rand" by Scott McConnell (founder of the media department at the Ayn Rand Institute) that in the end Ayn was a vip-dipper as well. An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).

But alas she did and said it was wrong for everyone else to do so. Apart from the strong implication that those who take the help are morally weak, it is also a philosophic point that such help dulls the will to work, to save and government assistance is said to dull the entrepreneurial spirit.

In the end, Miss Rand was a hypocrite but she could never be faulted for failing to act in her own self-interest."

Yes, you should drop it and spare yourself further embarressment. bigsmile

bye-byewaving

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 04:03 AM
Edited by Someone2callmyown on Thu 05/23/13 04:16 AM

Thinking is man’s only basic virtue, from which all the others proceed. And his basic vice, the source of all his evils, is that nameless act which all of you practice, but struggle never to admit: the act of blanking out, the willful suspension of one’s consciousness, the refusal to think—not blindness, but the refusal to see; not ignorance, but the refusal to know. It is the act of unfocusing your mind and inducing an inner fog to escape the responsibility of judgment—on the unstated premise that a thing will not exist if only you refuse to identify it, that A will not be A so long as you do not pronounce the verdict “It is.”

John Galt

shrug?

I just dont see it.

I believe the "figment" she's referring to is John Galt, who is a character of Ayn Rand's book "Atlas Shrugged". John Galt...in the book...is actually saying quite the opposite. He is saying that ignoring a problem does not make it go away. When that problem affects the whole of society, ignoring the problem is no better than BEING the problem.

I was just laughing at Leigh's witty little shrug...a play on the book title. :thumbsup: I'm just that easily amused at times. slaphead :laughing:

Ayn Rand lived out the last years of her life on welfare, trying to hide her true identity so people would not know she was a disgrace and a hypocrite.
Refute her if you can.
Sneering is easy!

Noted speed freak, serial-killer fangirl, and Tea Party hero Ayn Rand was also a kleptoparasite, sneakily gobbling up taxpayer funds under an assumed name [note: it might have been her legal name] to pay for her medical treatments after she got lung cancer.

And Boing Boing?
Tsk,Tsk,Tsk.

I don't need to refute anything. She did that herself. She was against other people getting these government benefits and then she got them for herself.

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 03:56 AM
Edited by Someone2callmyown on Thu 05/23/13 04:15 AM

John Galt

shrug?

I just dont see it.

Refute her if you can.
Sneering is easy!

no photo
Thu 05/23/13 01:19 AM

lmao they.might just fit down her cleavage lol

They might.laugh