no photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:41 PM

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest
middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids."

People payed taxes 100 years ago. People payed taxes before this nation existed as well. And before that as well....

People have payed taxes since the first civilization came into existence.

what does that have to do with anything, read waht was said. it was a list of taxes that did not exist 100 years ago. no one said people did not pay taxes then. It is disgusting how deep and long the thievery has gotten

It has everything to do with it. Just because there is a list of taxes does not mean that the overall tax rates were lower. Also, society had less services 100 years ago. Many things that make life so nice now did not exist back then.

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:40 PM

In the past, people found things to do to make a living. Before there were corporations and jobs... they sold cattle, broke horses, build wagons, tilled the fields, planted food, hunted, etc.

Now everyone sits around doing nothing because there are no jobs?

I say get up off your butts and find something to do and stop whining about there not being any jobs.

Well, starting a business is a lot different than starting a hobby. Businesses require money and permits and red-tape and things of that nature. Legal ones anyways. The system is stacked by the wealthy against the common person. It's the iron law of oligarchy. But hobbies are good. If one can get into one that doesn't cost a lot of money.

All I am hearing from you is BUT BUT BUT BUT....

:wink:

The question is: What if there was no such thing as Jobs? NO JOBS ANYWHERE.

People are going to do what they have to do to make a living. They are going to get into trading, hunting, planting, or some service or business.. etc.

People are not going to sit around whining about no jobs when they need to do something to survive.

Unfortunately some will turn to crime.

Government is not going to be able to do much about it when people start businesses without the "proper permits and red tape."

That is all about taxes. If there are no jobs, there can't really be any taxes.

I don't get why you are so against taxes.. taxes are what made this country the greatest all around... there is no place in this world where you don't have to pay taxes, and they help keep our country great. so why the big issue with taxes?

Because it's extortion? Because it's theft? The government tells us we have to do something to make a living, but why can they be bums and make their money off of us??? Double standard much?

Taxes did not and do not make this country the best, if you really think that I suggest you take the rose colored glasses off and look around again. They just exist to keep the rich rich and the poor poor, hell 2 percent of the US controls over 90 percent of the wealth! How can a country be great if so much of its' people is either straddling the poverty line or far below it?

When did this thing called "taxes" begin?

How are roads and bridges built and schools and firestations and police paid for?

btw. It is not extortion and it is not theft....

The hell it's not, forcing you to pay them money you EARNED against your will, is theft doesn't matter how you wanna justify it. They are nothing more than a glorified mafia, they act the same exact way.

And if you think that money they get really goes to what they say, you're very naive. This country would NOT be in the shape its' in if it did. Ever wonder why they constantly say they're losing money? Constantly needing to raise our taxes higher? Where the hell is the money going?

It's a nice thought that they give a damn about things and actually are honest about what they do with our money, but reality is they are just not. Notice they are not made to disclose how they spend, but we are? We can't get away with half the secrecy they do, why would that be?

Things are not what they seem.

you should find somewhere that makes you happy... it obviously isn't here...

he has every right to be here with a protected freedom of conscience and freedom of speech to think and say as he pleases regardless of what you think of it

dissension is what has made this country great. we are completely and disgustlingly overtaxed. gov't spending needs to halved by requirement - starting with salary and bennies and for that taxes that do remain we the tas payers need to be able to earmark how we want th money spent on the tax form with an independent auditor NOT the IRS - which is close to being abolished, I think - overseeing the process

then the politicians can find real jobs and answer the OP

"We" are not "overtaxed". That is political rhetoric. And the young man speaks of being self-reliant and living without any government. By all means, he can prove his point by doing so.....

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:38 PM

Okay so my main beef are people who sit around doing nothing but complaining that there are no jobs.

Then if they want to do any kind of contract work they are supposed to have workman's comp. (Red tape)

Even if you mow lawns, you legally are supposed to have workman's comp insurance.

So what do you think people do to make money or extra money? They sell drugs or just work under the table and get paid cash.

In Kentucky even businesses pay people money under the table to avoid all the government red tape.

Illegal? Yes it is, but when I see how the government spending is so totally out of control it makes me sick. They waste so much money that is why they are always crying that they need to raise taxes!!

Taxes have been higher in the past. When Bush was in office, he (and his regime) lowered the tax rate on the top percent so low that it could not cover the cost of the several wars that were declared and they did not readjust them accordingly.

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:34 PM

In the past, people found things to do to make a living. Before there were corporations and jobs... they sold cattle, broke horses, build wagons, tilled the fields, planted food, hunted, etc.

I say get up off your butts and find something to do and stop whining about there not being any jobs.

Well, starting a business is a lot different than starting a hobby. Businesses require money and permits and red-tape and things of that nature. Legal ones anyways. The system is stacked by the wealthy against the common person. It's the iron law of oligarchy. But hobbies are good. If one can get into one that doesn't cost a lot of money.

People are going to do what they have to do to make a living. They are going to get into trading, hunting, planting, or some service or business.. etc.

People are not going to sit around whining about no jobs when they need to do something to survive.

Government is not going to be able to do much about it when people start businesses without the "proper permits and red tape."

I don't get why you are so against taxes.. taxes are what made this country the greatest all around... there is no place in this world where you don't have to pay taxes, and they help keep our country great. so why the big issue with taxes?
Taxes keeping your country great? That is wishful thinking.

hard work, paying taxes, doing the right thing... this country is still better than anywhere else, so if you people don't want to follow the rules, go somewhere else...

Government loves people like you........they are so easily led.......

You can always go live some place that doesn't have a government....

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 04:29 PM
Welcome and good luckwaving

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 03:51 PM
waving

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 03:04 PM
waving

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 02:57 PM
waving

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 02:57 PM
waving

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 02:54 PM
Edited by Someone2callmyown on Tue 06/04/13 02:56 PM

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest
middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids."

People payed taxes 100 years ago. People payed taxes before this nation existed as well. And before that as well....

People have payed taxes since the first civilization came into existence.

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 01:19 PM

Everyone is not whining about no jobs.

I agree.:thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 01:16 PM

Taxes keeping your country great? That is woiishful thinking.

What pays for public education, police, firefighters, roads, bridges, etc.?

Quantitative Easing

laugh slaphead

Okay, we shall try it this way.

When were taxes invented? And what did people do before that?

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 12:30 PM
waving

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 12:21 PM
Edited by Someone2callmyown on Tue 06/04/13 12:22 PM

Hunting isnt an option anymore since there isnt enough wildlife to feed people. Unless you want to hunt other humans I suppose.lol. So that's off the table. If there were no jobs anywhere then people would turn to crime and begin robbing and looting en masse until some sort of order was restored. That's just the facts. It would be like a zombie apocalypse until there was an authority that could take control of the situation and organize things. Then there would be jobs. I know bashing the government sounds "cool" but in the real world humans require authority and structure otherwise we are no better than animals.

Only because we have been conditioned to believe we do, and not been taught how to take responsibility for ourselves. You change that, and you change everything. The government wants us to depend on them, because as long as we do, we are easily controlled and manipulated to do and think anything they want us to. It's not in their best interest to teach us responsibility for our own personal lives, to be autonomous, so they don't teach it. If we could break away from that brainwashing, we would have a very different society I assure you.

And I think Jeannie is making the point that if there were no "jobs" as we know them now, people would find new ones in effect. They'd not be jobs like they exist now, but it'd be a means to make a living just the same.

Basically she is speaking of going back to a time before the state got its grabby hands in every single walk of life the way I see it. Government didn't create jobs, they just used what we always did on our own for their own gain. If that stopped, people would still work, just for themselves like they used to do. We would create our own jobs.

huh

When were taxes invented?

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 12:20 PM

Because it's extortion? Because it's theft? The government tells us we have to do something to make a living, but why can they be bums and make their money off of us??? Double standard much?

Taxes did not and do not make this country the best, if you really think that I suggest you take the rose colored glasses off and look around again. They just exist to keep the rich rich and the poor poor, hell 2 percent of the US controls over 90 percent of the wealth! How can a country be great if so much of its' people is either straddling the poverty line or far below it?

How are roads and bridges built and schools and firestations and police paid for?

The hell it's not, forcing you to pay them money you EARNED against your will, is theft doesn't matter how you wanna justify it. They are nothing more than a glorified mafia, they act the same exact way.

And if you think that money they get really goes to what they say, you're very naive. This country would NOT be in the shape its' in if it did. Ever wonder why they constantly say they're losing money? Constantly needing to raise our taxes higher? Where the hell is the money going?

It's a nice thought that they give a damn about things and actually are honest about what they do with our money, but reality is they are just not. Notice they are not made to disclose how they spend, but we are? We can't get away with half the secrecy they do, why would that be?

Things are not what they seem.

What pays for public education, roads, bridges, police, firefighters, and the military and other infrastructure?

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 12:18 PM

Taxes keeping your country great? That is wishful thinking.

What pays for public education, police, firefighters, roads, bridges, etc.?

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 11:58 AM
Edited by Someone2callmyown on Tue 06/04/13 12:00 PM

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 11:57 AM

Good point. People have been paying taxes since the time of ancient Babylon and Egypt, yet I keep seeing people talking as if its something that was just invented.:thumbsup: laugh

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 11:55 AM

My pet peeve are young people who whine about "no jobs" and have no incentive to go out and even look for something to do for someone as a service to get paid for. Even mow lawns or run errands.

There are many many things that need to be done and there are thousands of people sitting around complaining about there not being any jobs.

It takes money to make money.

no photo
Tue 06/04/13 11:54 AM

Hunting isnt an option anymore since there isnt enough wildlife to feed people. Unless you want to hunt other humans I suppose.lol. So that's off the table. If there were no jobs anywhere then people would turn to crime and begin robbing and looting en masse until some sort of order was restored. That's just the facts. It would be like a zombie apocalypse until there was an authority that could take control of the situation and organize things. Then there would be jobs. I know bashing the government sounds "cool" but in the real world humans require authority and structure otherwise we are no better than animals.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25