mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:43 PM
After all that, I think I'd weld her @$$ to the bumper!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:41 PM

I must confess , I've been chatting with this girl from another site, we seemed to have a lot in common, after some 20 emails between us I gave her my number & never heard from her.......kind of a bummerohwell

You gave me the wrong number, Nucklehead!!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:15 PM
NJMOM- Thank you for the excellent poems. I wish everyone in the world could see them. I'd like to respond to the woman who is hating the school her son is in. We all know what you are saying. Don't be afraid to find him another school. But if you decide this is the school he will stay in, then think about this. There are a few rotten apples everywhere you go in life. You were good at telling your child how valuable and important he is, but now you have to let him face the realization that not the whole world is going to treat him in the motherly way you do. All kids have to go through this. If you stand by the decision to stay with this school, you need to be brave and show him you are also on the side of the school. He needs to feel confident that this is a good school, if it is, and that sometimes people, yes, even adults, don't handle things in the best way. But they are trying very hard, just like you are, son.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 08:42 PM
yaah! Pools of laughter waves of joy are drifting through my open mind, exciting and inviting me...Jai Guru Deva...Nothing's gonna change my world...:I
I bet you could make yours into a cool song too, Harris!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 08:32 PM
I'm sure it was accidental, but it's still funny. I just came in here to ask if I could join you (fresh off the threadpress), and you posted this... to keep things moving? Woops, am I slowing you down?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 08:17 PM
OK,I just remembered the name of the song, just as you said you were curious.. It's called "Across the Universe" "Words are slipping out like in this rain inside a letterbox...they tumble wildly as they make their way across the universe..." now do you remember?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 07:36 PM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Mon 12/28/09 07:38 PM

He tries to write of envy;
of streets now dry and empty.
Cannot contemplate a time
it did not fit in rhyme.

Comparison is sin to him,
as is the guided word.
Nomadic text is all that's left
of all the noise he heard.

He tries to write of sorrow;
has no more hate to borrow.
And smiles while he simply pens
the same, sad lines again.

His loving, such a simple theft,
I guess I'll give him that.
When nothing here is left to steal
I fear his habitat.

He tried to write of yesterday;
all the ink just ran away.
He tried to pen a verse for home;
the best of ink is in his bones.

Metaphor, forever more, is like
a taste to him.
And laughter just a simile,
sung simply as a hymn.

Fantastic, no really, just the kind of stuff we feed on as writers, dream on!!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/28/09 07:09 PM
That's cool. I can see it. This reminds me of a song John Lennon wrote..uh, mmmm...he explained that he thought of it when his girlfriend kept on talking in bed. He couldn't sleep and went downstairs and wrote the song. Something about the world. It wasn't "Imagine" though.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sun 12/27/09 09:46 PM
I hope you guys are coming back soon. OK, well, here is what I think about the color blind story. I like how the art teacher seems to view her work in an entirely different way. He reads a lot of meaning into it. More meaning is what the child is looking for, and yet she doesn't understand. I think it would be rich if you interjected a few responses from the child. To make it appear to the teacher that what he is saying is getting through to her. Otherwise, I think I loose the ability to believe he would keep on espousing his theories to the child. Maybe she only repeats some of what he is saying, for instance,....the box She says, "The box," and nods her head. Just by having her repeat some of what he is saying, he is encouraged to continue, and the reader can believe he would.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sun 12/27/09 09:28 PM
Oh yeah, baby!! I can tell this is going to be fun. I love the idea of a girl who sees a color no one else can see. This is some rich material! I'd like to talk more about this one. Here's a piece of what I am working on...

Illusion Challenges Logic

There was one big problem with Phin's love of the coffee bean. They spoke to him. Every touch of his fumbling hands brought their oils oozing into his smooth skin. As they slipped through his fingers they said, "Don't drop me. I am the fragile one." And he knew from this that he had to practice his own death.

By a command, of which he was sure, the beans had instructed him to fall. Fall through the grates of the parking ramp in the next block. The same ramp where he had investigated car highjackings as a self-proclaimed citizen on patrol. He had given himself the authority, and the obligation, to personally call out to kids, warn young teens on scooters and bicycles, "Follow turns slowly, and watch out for backup lights!" They rarely listened to him, in fact more than a few laughed in his face. Now he was back at the parking ramp for a different reason. How would he fit his enormous body through the grates, as the coffee beans directed? He would have to pry them open. And so he did, easily. With the same pry bar found at the scene of Dawny Swan's near-drowning, the long metal grate in the floor had just enough weakness in the middle to bend and let Phin in. For a moment, he worried that the kids on wheels would drop in behind him.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sun 12/27/09 09:21 PM
OOO OOO, this is great! I wanna play Can I can i??
I've been searching for writers on here for some time now. I only found one who really wanted to chat. I been working for a year on my first novel. It's about a couple of mentally ill college students. One who has schizophrenia and doesn't know it, and one who has manic depression and clostrophobia, who does know it. I'm going back now to read some of your excerpts, See you soon, don't go away now!!drinker coffee all night long!!

mygenerationbaby's photo
Wed 12/23/09 12:59 AM
I guess that's why we're here. Thanks javajunky. Wish we could all share a cup of jo sometime.drinker

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/21/09 10:10 PM

nihilarian - person who deals with unimportant things

- one who does useless work

There's a couple of these running around where I work..

groovy
isn't all work worth something though?
or must we anihilate the nihilarians?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Mon 12/21/09 10:06 PM

solipsist

Maybe it doesn't count, but...

One who believes that one's mind is the only thing that truly exists.

Cool word, I'm going to use it on my son immediately!! hey, is there a cure?

metacommucnication

communicating about communicating

meta-metacommunication

thinking about how you are communicating during said communication

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sun 11/22/09 10:50 PM

sooooo....you wanna argue with someone?

Yes, that's right Mr. Wolf. I want to argue with your jaw. Just to see if it really bears a 2000 lb force on my cranium. nature rocks, man

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sun 11/22/09 10:47 PM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Sun 11/22/09 10:48 PM

i agree ideas should be challenged. but theres a way to do it. if person A attacks person B , person A better have a valid argument.
ad least if he or she wants to be taken seriously.

jasonpfaff....and who will be the judge or jury that has been granted absolute power to deem that someone has a vaild argument ...no matter how you question anyone's belief it will be viewed as being an attack because in reality it is an attack ...but all one has to do is attack the issue and not the person personally

Nice work funchie! I like this. In the meantime, don't forget to do your scrunches, funches. On the other hand, some peeps are so sensitive, they will perceive any disagreement as a chance to show their muscle. The real soft spot is in giving the love to the loveless. Peace to the peaceless. Grease to the greaseless. Just saying. You won't find me at a shotgun weddin'. Though it sounds like great fun. I'll bring the cake.

mygenerationbaby's photo
Sun 11/22/09 10:41 PM

the best logic to use on bullies is the Louisville Slugger
rofl :banana: scared Try ta hit me! I'm the one in the shades

mygenerationbaby's photo
Wed 11/18/09 12:48 AM
Edited by mygenerationbaby on Wed 11/18/09 12:54 AM
One who uses only logic, will often come across as bullying, because they made no effort to anticipate how other people will feel. At the beginning of this post, someone said you always think you're right and I'm wrong. The response was, prove it. A better response would be to extend a warm hand of empathy at that moment. I'm sorry you are feeling bullied. I just get carried away. Rather than try to prove the person is wrong for having feelings. As for winning, Logic without an underlying knowlege of emotional effect will lose. Whereas a combination of the two will win, since one strategy works to temper the other.

Hey, I just figured out I am talking to myself. Where did everybody go? tears

Try this for an argument. Premise 1: If people don't like listening to you, they will walk away. Premise 2: People walked away. Conclusion: People don't like listening to you

Invalid: Unless it is true that the only reason they walk away is because they don't like listening to you. Women are soft like that.smooched Goodnight everyone.yawn

mygenerationbaby's photo
Wed 11/18/09 12:36 AM

Red, I like the last part of your post:

Oddly, it is the nature of this absolute that makes it impossible for other absolutes to exist, because nothing is ever in exactly the same space at the same time more than once.

You are saying that the only absolute is change, and therefore there may be no real absolute, other than pure process?

mygenerationbaby's photo
Wed 11/18/09 12:31 AM

One of the greatest teachers is adversity.

How can a "logic" be proven to be "right" if it doesn't face adversity and win out in the end?
[/quote

I have missed a lot, so I guess I'll just jump in here somewhere. You guys are a lot of fun. As Sky so deftly pointed out... Logic in itself cannot be proof of truth. It can only be analyzed in terms of its flow--validity. But logic is a nice tool, that keeps us focused on premises and conclusions. As opposed to saying, well this part is wrong so therfore you are a real creep. No logic involved at all.

As for Wux's latest thinking. I see that he feels that the bridge between men and women can never trully be crossed. That to do so would in a sense fold in on its own purpose, in on itself, rendering this goal useless. Which is also to say you can never know anyone, neither man nor woman. The most we can do it to know our own way of thinking, and then to crack that big nut wide open, to allow the possibility of other perspectives. Now, if emotions just aren't your thing. You are missing out on a lot of life's inherent purposes. To love, to laugh, to cry, to care. To embue highly charged situations with the leveler of logic is sometimes effective, and sometimes counter-productive.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25