Good morning, friends!
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Wed 01/16/13 08:19 AM
Good morning, Texas!
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 05:07 PM

This thing needs to much cash to but it back together before inspection.sad ohwell

Sounds like a SA trip is in order!

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 04:25 PM
Edited by galendgirl on Tue 01/15/13 04:26 PM

One large mug of very hot very chocolatey chocolate.

One very large slug of good PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS.

Enjoy.

That's what I call "Hot Schnacolate"

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 04:23 PM

We seem to have a happy possumflowerforyou

I've got a little something to do this week...but darned if I'm not exhausted!

Sorry to hear about your heater! Bad day for that. Thankfully you don't need it any days in Hosuton but still...Yikes!

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:35 PM

1 Bunch of Celery
3 regular sized carrots
2 Sweet Tomatoes
1 veeerry small Habanero Chili.
Stand upwind of the juicer. The chili could burn yer throat.

Run this through yer juicer.
Stir juice well. I added a pinch of salt.

Guaranteed to clear any stopped up nasal passages.

PS
Don't throw away the pulp. Eat it raw or another idea is mix it with a cornbread mix.

Sounds yummy! Wish I'd seen this right after Christmas when I was puny.

I use raw ginger - grate into a saucepan and simmer a tea. Strain into a cup and enjoy. You may add a touch of honey and/or lemon if you like.

Keep adding water as you use it until you just aren't getting enough ginger infusion.

My son doesn't even strain his...just drinks the shreds of ginger. It's yummy and good for you, so...

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:32 PM

4 hamburger buns,split and toasted
soft butter
2 tomatoes, sliced
32 cleaned cooked shrimp
8 slices Cheddar cheese

Spread cut sides of buns with butter. Top each bun half with remaining ingredients in order listed.

Set oven control at broil or 550. Place sandwiches on rack in broiler pan. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. ( 8 open-faced sandwiches)

Sounds yummy...shrimp on ANYTHING!

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:30 PM
Could we take a scenic tour past the Emerald moon?

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:29 PM
Dinner...almost ready and so am I!

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:28 PM
tragedy of commons

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:26 PM
Here in Houston, we'll be whining about the heat and humidity in a short 6 months (probably sooner!) LOL!

Enjoying my heavy weight Ohio State sweatshirt...it was a gift from HeatherSaysGoBucks and her girls a few years ago when we met/camped together. Nice!

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 03:23 PM

oh you wonderful texas women and your colloquialisms that are older than adam's ale

Haha! T'weren't mine!

I made a nice pot of Texas Red for dinner. It's been simmering all day and smells HEAVENLY! Corn muffins in the oven. It's a good night in Texas!

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 11:08 AM
Good afternoon...I WAS up and shining earlier, as a matter of fact. But it's never too late to say "hello" to friends!
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 11:02 AM
Another day! What's happening peeps?

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 10:09 AM
I probably won't jump into bed on the first date (but there are no rules and no judgment about that.) HOWEVER, I sure do evaluate the potential on a first date. Is there chemistry? Sometimes I can't even imagine kissing a man, let alone sleeping with him...and there's no second date. That's the "usual" progression and if I wouldn't be willing to go there EVER then it's not fair to either party.

galendgirl's photo
Tue 01/15/13 09:59 AM
Good afternoon, Texas! I've been at work (remotely) since 9 AM. YAY! Good for passing the time!
flowerforyou

It's dang cold out there but I'm not complaining...my son sent me a picture of his dorm/apt window with ice both inside and out. The heat in the building is running full blast but he calls the temp in their apt an "ogre's choice - freeze or burn." I think he needs to graduate and have better choices! ohwell

galendgirl's photo
Mon 01/14/13 06:17 PM

I was on crutches for a couple of weeks prior to being able to hobble along on my own. It was painful, but worth getting rid of the crutches.

Are you gimpy now?

galendgirl's photo
Mon 01/14/13 04:48 PM

Crutches are the pits (they hurt the armpits that is).

But at least you can hobble around.

I think they are gonna feel like freedom! :)

galendgirl's photo
Mon 01/14/13 04:30 PM

Yes, Kristi - Day 12 of recovery on one foot.
Yes, Hippee - 21 days total before I graduate to crutches.

Taking it day by day!

galendgirl's photo
Mon 01/14/13 03:07 PM
venue on GPS