Community > Posts By > galendgirl

galendgirl's photo
Sat 01/19/13 07:51 AM

Hummm the weekend is here nothing I have to do wonder if I will get anything done around the house lmao...whoa

I know MY answer...
(NO!)

galendgirl's photo
Sat 01/19/13 07:15 AM
He definitely owes the money (plus court costs) he won in lawsuits against the teammates who had charged him with cheating.

I do think it's inherently wrong that he's getting so much publicity. I'm sick of seeing his face on the tube...it's not right, but that's journalism!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 01/19/13 07:05 AM
It's looking like a BE-OO-TIFUL day in Houston today. Supposed to hit 65F and the sun is shining. Glorious!
happy happy happy

galendgirl's photo
Sat 01/19/13 07:03 AM
Last, last, last...
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Sat 01/19/13 07:02 AM

This was the County show..They made the sale with their winners, but it's not a terminal show like the Majors. They can pass on the sale and still take 'add on's' to help them with the expense of raising and showing the animal..Some animals will stay here and some will go on to the major shows like Houston and San Antonio. A county show mainly let the kids have the experience of qualifying their animals and to sell the animals that are not going to the bigger shows.

At a terminal show...if they make the sale is it, um..."terminal?" No choice at that point but to sell?

I know the sale can be very lucrative for the winners - even at smaller/County shows.

I used to support a purchase group at the County Fair that bought the livestock that didn't make the sale there. It really helped those kids recover some of the expense of their project and walk away feeling better about their efforts!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 01/19/13 06:58 AM
I've been awake but it takes a while to get up right now...frozen marbles would just be CRUEL (although potentially funny.)

It looks like it's going to be an exceptionally pretty day in Houston so I plan to spend a little time on my balcony!

Good morning, everyone!
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 07:40 PM

remember, carol is your friend

Exactly...
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 07:10 PM

LIES!
Doesn't Groupon know not to tease a gimpy Possum?
what what what
I'll come visit the Possum tomorrow bigsmile

Thanks, Carol, for coming to visit the Possum!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 07:03 PM

Alright..Shock Show results!!

Jessica..1 First Place
1 third Place
1 GRAND CHAMPION
Senior SHOWMANSHIP BUCKLE

Alyssa...1 First Place
1 Second Place
1 RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

AWESOME!

It was a good day!

So here's the question from the non-ag-educated:
They had prize winners but will they be showing at other shows or do they go straight to sale? How does that work...I'm assuming at some point they'll make the sale. Is that something that the person can elect to "pass" on even if they place and qualify?

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 05:47 PM
Is it full if trans fats?

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 05:44 PM
Long train runnin'

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 05:39 PM

Alright..Shock Show results!!

Jessica..1 First Place
1 third Place
1 GRAND CHAMPION
Senior SHOWMANSHIP BUCKLE

Alyssa...1 First Place
1 Second Place
1 RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

AWESOME!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 11:20 AM
Edited by galendgirl on Fri 01/18/13 11:20 AM

Good morning, all!

Hey Vivian...what dates are the GRAND-DAUGHTERS showing in Houston? Hope we can see you if you come to town!

I didn't intend any disrespect. I've met them and they are lovely!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 11:06 AM
needed revisions completed

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 11:05 AM

Good morning Texas I've had a rotten night ate breakfast @4am. Now that it's 6.14am, I'm feeling a little jaded. It might well be time for bed:banana: :banana: pitchfork

Awww...sorry to hear you had a rough night, but it's already Saturday there, right? Weekend! Party! Once you wake up :)
:banana: :banana: :banana:

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 05:22 AM
Hot and heavy

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 05:21 AM

LIES!
Doesn't Groupon know not to tease a gimpy Possum?
what what what
I'll come visit the Possum tomorrow bigsmile

YAY! See ya later! bigsmile

galendgirl's photo
Fri 01/18/13 05:18 AM

Morning Spankywaving Sun is shinning, huh? Happy for you!

We have a stock Show today..so of course the weather said that today will be the windiest of the week..wind chill of 26 this morning..hight today of 60 after 3:00... at least it isn't snowing or raining..ohwell Tomorrow will be calm and much warmer!!whoa

Good morning, all!

Hey Vivian...what dates are the girls showing in Houston? Hope we can see you if you come to town!

galendgirl's photo
Thu 01/17/13 07:03 PM
On that note...my exciting day 15 comes to a close and I'll say

GOODNIGHT TEXAS!
winking

galendgirl's photo
Thu 01/17/13 07:02 PM

Ask the doctor before you decide to get rid of it first.. But then it might be harder on your heels..

I actually had surgery on the ankle...the bottom of the foot and heel was the symptom of nerve constriction not the problem. That's why this is such a huge recovery - I basically had my ankle reconstructed.

Ohh wow...did not realize that. Yeah you will have to make sure what your limits are as far as any kind of exercise...I know the bike I have is one where you sit and your legs are in front of you therefore most of the movements are in the knee area but low impact.

Yeah...I'll have to have some physical therapy and will have to figure out the best route to recovery. That's why I'm doing 100% what I'm supposed to. This practice puts back together most of the pro athletes in Houston so I figure they can get me back in tip top shape if I follow their directions. Only one chance to heal right and I'm doing it!

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25