Community > Posts By > shakes-beard

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 01:55 PM

why do we assume people are always the same as our immediate perception of them?

And can we really assume that our perception of ourselves at any given time is little more than a snapshot of our own internal narrative and as such a product of an ever changing form of self justification?

One of the changes I've gone thru is removing expectations and assumptions from consideration.
I now focus on the here and now.

In accuracy, our immediate perception is the most valid. Especially when there is no history for reference about someone. Its when we try to assume about someone else that we make mistakes which often have consequences. When we lay our expectations of others we substitute who they actually are with who we think they need to be. Focusing on someone as they are right now to you frees both of you to see each other as you are.
If I assume someone will do me wrong and expect it, even tho they never actually do me wrong, I've changed the condition of our aquaintance based on my own fears. Its not fair to them or me.

My personal perception of me is an ever-changing flux of my personality and opportunity. I do manage to keep my alignment and moral standards but the current manifestation of myself reflects how I am at that time more than how I was or could be. My experiences in life guide my personal wisdom but they do not rule my personality. I remain flexible and optimistic.

valid points Tom.

Just lost my equlibrium for a time, ya know? Kind of have to force myself to be sociable. For my own good :-) Before I analize myself to death.
You could have just gone with bat sh 1 t crazy you know, would have saved time. :-)

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 10:31 AM

I'll toss in a vote for bat sh.t crazyπŸ€ͺlaugh

My condolences on the loss of your brother. :heart:

lol. Thanks :-)

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 09:47 AM
In recent years, more and more I've begun to see that most of what I've always viewed as my own opinion and individuality as being little more than
the result of sort of being mid-way between various overlapping phases.

In recent years since divorce I phased through: depressed, bitter, angry, cynical, jaded in various combinations till eventually happy as.

I lost my brother to covid a couple of months ago guys...
Sort of set off a change or re-evaluation of values.

What's left of individuality when your foundation of values moves and the self re-afirming emotional constructs built upon them are reduced to rubble?

peoples personalities aren't fixed,on many levels. Just going through thier own phases. At bottom we aren't so different.

so My question is, why do we assume people are always the same as our immediate perception of them?

And can we really assume that our perception of ourselves at any given time is little more than a snapshot of our own internal narrative and as such a product of an ever changing form of self justification?

I know it's a bit of a rant.. you can always say "na you're just bat sh 1 t crazy mate"

no photo
Wed 11/17/21 06:03 AM
Ninja

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 03:41 PM
To catch a lizard you have to think like a lizard.

Unfortunately I've no idea what a lizard thinks about so....

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 03:15 PM

i've discovered that, On average, the female brain is 9% smaller than its male counterpart. But this has no effect on cognitive abilities since the cell count is the same and they are just packed more densely.
some claim that difference is 11% but really it makes no difference ..gender is an imprecise indication of what type of brain potential a person will have waving

I agree totally.

Just think, that since most of the brain matter is cholesterol, you could refer to a dopey male as a "fat head" :smile:

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 11:06 AM
discuss the feasibility of exploring the wreck of a galleon that came to grief at the mouth of a local estuary, over 200 years ago. carrying a considerable amount of gold sovereigns.

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 10:47 AM
nts.. make time for people

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 10:44 AM
broke ; knee, collar bone, ribs, sternum, nose, big toe. :-)

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 10:36 AM
modest

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 10:33 AM
It's forecast to be overcast here atm. But you never know.

I'll probably be watching the first 3 episodes of wheel of time anyway. :-)

cant wait..

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 09:21 AM
stolen child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-oJKYIinQ

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 09:14 AM
restless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASRi9WmE3Eo

no photo
Tue 11/16/21 08:55 AM
Ditto

no photo
Sat 11/13/21 11:13 AM
Only shortish ones, 100 meters.

HYE hoovered the whole house, dusted and cleaned the kitchen floor.

Then blundered while emptying the hoover and wached the whole concern explode in a cloud of dust and fluff?

no photo
Sat 11/13/21 07:33 AM
Alien

no photo
Sat 11/13/21 07:06 AM
one thing after another

no photo
Sat 11/13/21 06:20 AM
An island somewhere.

Live of wild boar and honeysuckle

no photo
Sat 11/13/21 06:08 AM
i've discovered that, On average, the female brain is 9% smaller than its male counterpart. But this has no effect on cognitive abilities since the cell count is the same and they are just packed more densely.

no photo
Fri 11/12/21 01:17 AM
it would depend on other qualities,

but consider meeting someone with no sense of humor....

For me a sense of humor is a requsite, but only one, of a few others.

Also, doesen't the laughter start after the clothes magically fall off?

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25